• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 3,974 Views, 92 Comments

Mobius and Equestria: Worlds Collide - AngelShy24



When Solar Dusk escapes from Equestria to Mobius, old and new friends must unite to save both worlds!

  • ...
8
 92
 3,974

Chapter 6: What do We do now?

Master thief and jewel hunter, Rouge the Bat, was hiding nearby from afar watching all of the action that had presently took place. She was quite impress with the way the ponies fought and were handling themselves with Sonic and the others. This definitely gained her attention and she became even more curious about these creatures and their abilities.

“Well well, not bad,” she said to herself, “These pony creatures are definitely tougher than we thought; and that yellow one really surprised me.” She then spread her wings and fled from the scene feeling satisfied from what she surveyed. “This ought to turn into something quite spectacular.”

As for our frustrated heroes; some of them weren’t feeling so satisfied.

“I can’t believe this!” shouted Rainbow Dash as she kicked a scrap of metal across the ground, “Our one chance to finally find and capture Solar Dusk and we blew it! How could this happen?”

“Well, no one said capturing an evil genius was an easy task,” said Applejack, “But now this puts us back to square one.”

“We were so close,” said Cream, “What are we going to do now, Miss Shy?”

‘Chao chao’

“I’m not sure, Cream; but I’m sure we’ll think of something.”

Sonic and his friends were surveying the scene of their battle to see if they could find any possible hints to what Eggman was up too; but they came up with nothing.

“I don’t understand,” said Tails, “We fought Eggman many times, yet now I’m completely clueless as of what he’s up to. Do you guys have any ideas?”

They all shook their heads in disagreement.

“Whatever it may be,” said Amy, “I’m sure it’s to benefit this Solar Dusk character. But don’t feel too surprised, Tails; it’s not like we haven’t been confused of Eggman’s plots before.”

“I know, but it still bothers me when it happens.”

“In the meantime,” said Rarity, “who is going to get rid of this mess? It really ruins this perfect green scenery.”

“Not to worry,” said Sonic, “Eggman usually comes with a clean-up crew later to clean it all up; saves us the trouble.”

“Plus, it’s an opportunity to find any spare parts among the debris that could prove useful to my machines,” said Tails, “One genius’ loss is another genius’ gain, I always say.”

“Um… what is she doing?” said Knuckles suddenly.

Everyone looked over at Pinkie who was humming happily while picking up metal heads of the robots that were destroyed and were placing them up in a stack.

“That’s a good question,” said Rainbow Dash, “What are you doing, Pinkie?”

“I’m gathering all of the robots heads that are still intact and putting them in a neat little pile. Might as well have a little fun while we’re here.”

“Yep, that’s Pinkie for ya,” said Applejack, “Even in difficult times she finds ways to have fun and stay positive.”

“Now then, I just need at least one more,” said Pinkie as continued to look around, “and the pile will be perfect!” Pinkie then spotted one just a few meters away from her as she shouted, “There’s one!”

She hopped over to it and was about to pick it up; but then the helmet booted back up and gave the pink mare a slight shock. The eye of the helmet suddenly glowed and then projected a light in everyone’s view. They all rushed over to see what was going on only to see projected in the light was a hologram of the very one they were hunting down.

“Oh… o-o-oh my gosh, you guys,” Cream shouted, “It’s him; that’s… that’s Solar Dusk!”

‘Chao chao chao!’

“Heh, so that’s Solar Dusk,” said Sonic, “Good thing he decided to show his face.”

“He does look a little intimidating for a pony,” said Knuckles.

Solar Dusk inside the hologram smiled ad chuckled evilly as he surveyed his enemies and the very ones he was thrilled to see in his presence, “Well well, if it isn’t my dear pony friends. I guess I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t expecting you all to try and follow me; I just didn’t that you would actually succeed.”

Amy whipped out her hammer and scowled at Solar Dusk as she held it firmly in her hand, “So you’re Solar Dusk; you’ve made a grave mistake coming here.”

“Tell us where you’re hiding right now!” Twilight demanded.

“Oh you completely, incompetent, clueless fools,” said the evil stallion, “Do you really think that I will straight up give you the location of where I am at?”

“Not really,” said Spike shrugging his shoulders, “but it was worth a shot.”

“Besides, even if you somehow find out where I am without me telling you, you’re too late to stop me anyway. And once my plan is complete, I’ll be unstoppable!”

“Well… somepony is a bit full of himself,” scoffed Applejack.

Cream courageously walked up to Solar’s hologram with a determined scowl and shouted, “You’re a very bad pony, Solar Dusk!”

‘Chao chao!’

“We’re not going to let you get away with anything like we almost did back in Equestria! You should turn yourself in now and save us the trouble!”

Angel walked up beside her and stood in a tough pose crossing his arms and nodding his head scowling at the evil pony as well.

“Ah yes, I remember you,” said Solar Dusk, “You’re that little rabbit girl who got lucky with your Pegasus friend and blue creature in taking me down.”

“My name is Cream, and Cheese is a Chao!”

‘Chao!’

“And that bunny; oh how I can’t wait to get my hooves on that fur ball for ruining everything.”

Angel responded by blowing a raspberry, and made Solar Dusk growl a bit under his breath.

“Hey, we all ruined your plan, remember?” said Fluttershy, “And it was your fault for underestimating us in the first place!”

“That’s right!” shouted Cream.

“Enough; if it weren’t for the inconvenient timing of Celestia’s pupil and that annoying rabbit, everything would have gone my way. You stopped me then, but this time… heh, things will be much different.”

“Guess again, blabbermouth!” shouted Rainbow Dash feeling tired of Solar’s running mouth.

She dashed towards him ready to knock Solar’s block, except she forgot one thing as she went right through him and crashed into the ground.

“Um, Miss Rainbow Dash,” said Tails, “he’s a hologram; he’ not really here.”

Rainbow dash groaned and rubbed her head, “Ugh, I really need to stop jumping to conclusion.”

Solar laughed at Rainbow’s expense; enjoying the sight of her slight pain, “Heh, not a very bright flyer you have there, do ya.”

“So just what are you planning to do from here that will help you get your revenge?” questioned Twilight.

Solar was in a rather ranting mood, and he didn’t mind at all giving his explanation, “I’m glad you asked, Princess. It’s pretty simple; ever since that looney scientist broke me out of that wretched prison with that impressive robot of his, I knew that fate had turned in my favor. My plan was ruined not once, but twice. I will not make that mistake again! Together with my magic and skill of modifying gem stones and Eggman’s scientific intelligence and vast robotic armies, I will finally overthrow Celestia and her stupid sister; and my brilliance will finally be showed respect as all of Equestria will bow before me. Oh, and I will hold my end of the bargain I guess and help him conquer this world too. So go ahead and carry out any of your heroic deeds you have planned, because soon… I will be… UNSTOPPABLE!!!”

Everyone was staring at Solar Dusk either feeling troubled or annoyed by his constant rant. But then suddenly Sonic walked up to Solar Dusk slowly clapping his hands sarcastically, Bravo, Mister Solar Dusk; bravo. That was a nice evil ranting speech you had going there; very spot on.”

“What?” said Solar Dusk.

Sonic then was ready to do a little bit of ranting himself, “Well then… now that is out of the way, it’s my turn to tell you something. In case the doc didn’t tell you about me, my name is Sonic; Sonic the Hedgehog. I don’t know you very much, but my friends and I have taken on Eggaman more times than we can count, and we’ve always beaten his schemes every time. We’ve even faced bigger threats than him as well. Sure, it’s never always easy for us, and we have received our share of scrapes and bruises; heck, I even almost died a few times. But I’m always willing to risk my life to protect this world, and so are they.”

Twilight and her friends were quite impressed of how Sonic was keeping his cool interrogating Solar, and Solar himself was getting furious of the hedgehog making him seem unintimidating.

“Going against you won’t be anything different that we haven’t dealt with before; though I’m sure you’ll put up a good fight. So go ahead and proceed with whatever plan you have in store. If you strike first, we’ll be ready for you!”

“Yeah,” Amy cheered, “you’ll tell him, Sonic!”

“Spoken like a real hero with a huge ego,” said Spike.

Solar realized just how Eggman’s #1 nemesis was as troublesome and infuriating as he was mentioned; but he didn’t allow that fact to bother him, “That quack doctor was right; you are an annoying, and insufferable hedgehog.”

“Thanks, I do get that a lot.”

Solar’s chance to scare the ponies and the others failed and he knew that they would still try to pursue him, “You fools really think you’re all that, then fine. You’ll all fall just like these pony weaklings. Next time you see me, you will all surrender to my power.”

Before Solar signed out of his hologram, he looked back Fluttershy wearing a grim smile, “Oh, and by the way, Miss Shy; if I were you, I’d keep a close eye on a certain couple of friends of yours.” He then eyed Cream and Cheese who had an unsure look at him, “It would be a real shame if something… bad happened to them.”

The signal of the hologram disappeared, and Solar Dusk was now nowhere to be seen. Knuckles growled lowly while beating on his fists and said, “I just met that guy, and already I don’t like him.”

“I think that’s the point, Knuckles,” said Amy.

“Calls us weaklings, will he,” said Rainbow Dash as she rose up in the air and punching it with her hooves, “I’ll make him eat his words.”

“Well, until we can locate him,” said Sonic, “I’m afraid that has to wait. He may be full of himself, but I don’t we should take him lightly. We need to figure out what to do next.”

Cream and Cheese looked over at Fluttershy and saw she had a scared expression on her face; but they just thought that he let Solar Dusk scare her.

“Miss Shy, what’s wrong,” Cream said to her, “You’re not letting that Solar Dusk pony scare you, are you?”

‘Chao?’

Fluttershy realized that these two didn’t realize themselves of what Solar Dusk said to her meant, so she just smiled and said, “Oh… m-maybe a little, but I’ll be fine.”

“Don’t you worry about a thing,” said Cream smiling back with Cheese, “We will find and defeat Solar Dusk just like we did last time! Together we can do anything!”

‘Chao chao!’

“Y-y-yeah, of course.”

Cream went over to some of her other friends to see if they were okay as well. Twilight came over to Fluttershy who was still feeling troubled and asked her, “Hey, Fluttershy, do you have any idea what Solar Dusk meant by that last comment he made at you?”

Fluttershy looked back over at Cream and Cheese who was still being cheerful as they always try to be, “I’m… n-not exactly sure; but… I think I have a pretty good idea.”

-----

Back at Eggman’s base, Cubot and Orbot were continuing to try and kiss up to Solar Dusk.

“Here’s another cup tea, you most intelligent equine,” said Cubot, “And may I say that was a nice evil rant that you gave to those ruffians; they definitely needed a stern talking to.”

Solar Dusk was still a bit annoyed to the attention the two robots were giving him, but he was tolerating it knowing that it would be worth it in the end, “Thanks… I guess.”

“Yeah, and they definitely looked scared,” said Cubot, “Take that, ya fools!”

Suddenly, Eggman made his return as he busted into the control room, “The Eggman is back! I haven’t had this much fun in a while; I’m so pumped up!”

“Well good for you,” said Solar Dusk rolling his eyes, “So… did you fulfilled your part of the bargain?”

Eggman chuckled as he pulled out the same vile that he reveled to his enemies and presented it to Solar Dusk, “Here you are, as promised.”

Solar Dusk opened up the vile and smiled maliciously as he felt that things were going his way, “Yes, this is perfect. Not bad, scientist; you’re obviously more clever than I anticipated.”

“Hee hee, guilty as charged!”

Solar continued to chuckle as he looked upon his trump card against his enemies; he felt that victory was finally his, “Thanks to this, those ponies won’t know what hit them.”

-----

Back at Cream’s house, Vanilla was just biding her time and keeping herself distracted. Knowing that her daughter was out fighting evil again ever since her disappearance, she was hoping that she would return to her safely. But much to her relief, she looked out the window and saw Sonic and the others coming back; as well as her daughter. She smiled and stopped what she was doing as she came out the door to greet them.

“Welcome back everyone!” she said, “So were you able to complete your mission?”

But when Vanilla took a second glance at the group, he noticed that they all looked a bit disappointed; some more than usual. Cream came over to her with Cheese as she sadly said, “We failed Mother. We stopped Eggman’s attack, but he got away before we could even catch him.”

‘Chao chao.’

“Oh,” said Vanilla, “I’m sorry to hear that.”

“But it’s not over yet,” said Tails, “Whatever Eggman has planned has to deal with Solar Dusk; and I’m going to make sure that we do find him. You can bet on that.”

Vanilla just kept a pleasant expression on her face and said, “Well, at least you all made it back in one piece; that’s what’s important.”

Sonic suddenly yawned and stretched out his arms; and then he proceeded to lay down against a tree and stated, “I don’t know about you guys, but I’m going to kick back, relax and try to catch a few ZZZs.”

Rainbow zipped in front of him almost scaring him half to death and shouted, “What; how can you think about sleeping at a time like this?! We need to figure out how to track down Solar Dusk; we don’t have time to rest!”

“Speak for yourself, Rainbow Dash,” Rarity groaned trying to stretch out her worn out hooves, “That battle may have been a cake walk, but I still have blisters in my hooves. I need time to rest.”

“Yeah,” Spike agreed, “Rarity needs her rest… a-a-and so do the rest of us; I’m a little tired myself.”

“As much as I hate to say it,” said Knuckles, “it be foolish to try and go back out now. We do need to rest.”

“Wow, look at you, Knuckles,” said Amy, “deciding to rest instead of letting your temper decide for you.”

“Real funny, Amy. I’m going back to Angel Island; call me when the action starts again.”

Knuckles then left them to continue his duty as the Guardian of the Master Emerald.

“Angel Island?” wondered Pinkie, “Does it have angels in it?!”

Knuckles stopped in his steps and looked back at Pinke showing a slight smirk, “Well… yeah; I guess you could say that.” And then he continued going on his way towards his destination without saying any other words.

Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash thought thing over in her head and sighed and decided that everyone was right in their situation, “Alright, fine; we can rest for a little bit. But if that quack doctor comes back in full force, don’t blame me.”

There was suddenly a voice that called out from the distance, “Hey, you guys! What’s going on?!”

And another, “What’s going on, peeps?!”

“Well well; look who’s on the scene,” said Sonic.

Everyone looked in the direction of the voices and saw two more anthromorphic animals coming their way; a crocodile and a bee.

“It’s Vector and Charmy!” said Amy, “I wonder what they’re doing here.”

Spike was a little freaked out, though he also found it to be fascinating, “Whoa, that is one giant bee.” He smirked and looked up at Twilight, “Imagine having that stinger stuck inside you.”

Twilight looked at him in a weird way and said, “No thank you.”

Sonic got up from his relaxing pose to greet them wondering what their reason for being here was, “What up, Vector?”

“Nothing much; but from the look of things, you guys have some company. These must be the ponies that giant cat told us about, Charmy.”

The bee named Charmy suddenly lit up more than he already was and was zipping around the area feeling quite giddy, “Oh my gosh, that they are! They’re much cuter than I thought! Excuse my giddiness, but I can’t help myself but totally love you guys to death. So what magical adventure are you guys on?!”

“Is he fer real?” said Applejack.

“He’s kinda cute for a bee,” stated Rarity.

Vector grabbed Charmy and held him in place while scowling at him, “Come on, Charmy; calm down. You might be scaring them.”

Suddenly, Pinkie hopped up to Vector as wildly as the bee was and was admiring a certain aspect of him, “Wow; you look like a giant version of my pet, Gummy at home; except he’s an alligator! Are crocodiles and alligators really different creatures?”

“Great,” Vector thought to himself, “Just what I needed a pony who seems just like Charmy.

“Hey, Mister Vector,” said Cream as she approached him, “it’s nice to see you again… and Charmy too; but where is Espio?”

‘Chao chao.’

“Oh yeah,” Sonic wondered, “Where is that ninja master of a chameleon?”

“A ninja chameleon?” said Twilight sounding intrigued, “Now I’ve heard everything.”

Vector got right down to business, “Oh, right; that’s kind of the reason why we came to you guys. You see, we’ve suddenly accomplished something that you guys haven’t been able to do lately… we…”

Suddenly, Charmy interrupted Vector in the middle of his explanation and shouted, “WE FOUND EGGMAN’S BASE!!!”

The attention of everyone there was suddenly on Vector and Charmy and they all said, “WHAT!!!”

“Charmy,” said Vector as he grabbed Charmy again, “what did I say about out-bursting in the middle of me talking like that?! That is rude!”

“S-s-s-sorry,” Charmy chuckled, “I couldn’t help myself; heh heh.”

“Hold up a minute,” said Tails freaking out, “did you just say that you found Eggman Base?! That’s impossible! We looked everywhere and none of my computers could locate it at all!”

“Did you really find it?!” asked Cream with a bright smile.

‘Chao chao chao?!’

“We sure did,” said Vector, “and it was quite lucky for us of how of how we found out.”

-----

All three of us were just hanging out together in Green Hill Forest just chilling and doing our own thing. Charmy was in his own world, I was laying back and bopping my head to some sweet music, and Espio was doing his usual ninja meditation. But then at some point, Espio must have broke out of meditation due to sensing something nearby.

“Did you two hear that?”

“I heard nothing!”

“What’s going on, Espio? You sense something?”

“Hold on…”

I could tell by the look in his eyes that he knew something was nearby, but neither me nor Charmy knew what it could be. But then he got all serious and said…

“Follow me, and stay quiet.”

“Oki dokie!”

“Do you even know how to be quiet, Charmy?”

We quietly followed his lead to find out what was lurking around in that forest. Sure enough, we peaked over a bush only to see an obvious character being sneaky.

“Just as I thought; it’s Eggman, and he has Metal Sonic with him.”

“This is great; now we can follow him and see where his hideout is. We’ll surely be the heroes of this day.”

“Get down.”

Espio had to push both of us down in the bush before Eggman saw us. If he did, we would be in big trouble.

“What do you see, Espio?”

“They just stopped and are looking around for intruders.”

We stayed down while Espio peeked back over the bush we were hiding behind. But we were waiting for him to give us the clear signal, he shouted…

“No way!”

“What what?! What happened?!”

“They just… disappeared.”

We walked over to where Eggman and Metal Sonic were standing and all we saw was more forest. But then Espio took a closer look and put his hand forward only to have his hand suddenly vanish.

“Whoa, you’re hands gone!”

“Or is it?”

Espio then placed half of his body forward and all Charmy and I saw was his behind.

“What’s wrong?”

“Check it out yourself.”

We weren’t sure of what was happening, but Charmy and I eventually did the same thing Espio did; and that’ when we saw it.

“Whoa, it’s… its Eggman’s base!”

“So that’s it; his base was hidden by this invisible barrier. To think that he would be able to hide it in plain sight.”

“So now what?”

As always, Espio was quick to make a decision.

“There’s no time to lose. You must alert this this to Sonic and the others and tell them what we have discovered.”

“But what about you?”

“I’ll use my ninja stealth to sneak in and find out what Eggman is planning. Once you tell the others, head back here and wait for my return.”

“Why can’t we just bring everyone here and storm the place; you know, catch Eggman by surprise?”

“Patience, Charmy; doing such a rash action could spell certain doom for everyone.”

“Yeah, what were you thinking?”

“Just make sure you come back, okay?”

“You can count on that.”

“Come on, let’s go!”

“Roger!”

-----

“After that, we left Espio to do his thing. But it was while on the way here that we ran into that giant cat and he told us about your new pony friends. We weren’t sure if what he was telling us was true or not, but I guess now we know it was.”

This was a big breakthrough for everyone, especially for Twilight and her friends. Vector and Charmy were definitely a big help since they discovered Eggman’s hideout.

“So that’s it,” said Tails, “No wonder none of my scans couldn’t pick up his location; his barrier must have cutting of my signals.”

“That’s pretty lucky of you guys; to think that you would discover Eggman’s base before me.”

“Yep, we’re pretty lucky,” said Charmy proudly.

“Do you know what this means, Miss Shy?!” said Cream excitedly.

“Yeah, I do!” FLuttershy responded, “It means we can finally track down and stop Solar Dusk?”

That name was new to Vector and Charmy not knowing what was fully going on.

“Huh; Solar who?” said Vector, “I thought we were stopping Eggman? Who’s this Solar guy you’re talking about?”

“Solar Dusk is an enemy of ours,” said Applejack, “He’s escaped here and has teamed up with yer enemy; Eggman.”

“If we don’t stop either of them, both of our worlds could be doomed,” Twilight added, “But at least now we know where to find them.”

“Wow, I just thought we had to deal with Eggman,” said Charmy miring and rubbing his hands, “Things have definitely gotten interesting.”

Sonic smiled as he laid back down, “Thanks for giving that bit of info to us; we’ll make sure to make use of it a little later after we’ve rested.”

Applejack then glared over at Rainbow Dash who was already feeling psyched, “And don’t say we should do something about it now… now that we know where Solar Dusk is, Rainbow Dash.”

“Hey, I-I-I wasn’t going to say that!” Rainbow Dash scoffed.

Pinkie giggled and whispered to Amy who giggled with her, “Oh, she totally was.”

Vector then took his leave with Charmy as he they were heading back towards the forest, “Well it was nice seeing all of you, but we really need to be going.”

“Yeah, time to wait for Espio at the ranadevouz point!” said Charmy as he winked at the ponies while flying away, “See ya later pretty ponies!”

“Charmy, stop embarrassing us; we’re supposed to be professionals!”

“I am being a professional!”

“No, you’re being a weirdo!”

“Well that happened,” said Amy, “Anyway, we better be ready when the time comes. When it does, we’ll storm the place and find out what Eggman is up to; and we’ll be able to capture… what’s-his-face.”

“Solar Dusk,” said Cream

“Right, what Cream said.”

“In the meantime, I’m going to use this opportunity to have a look around this place,” said Twilight while taking out a book that she was carrying I’m quite interested to see what else this place holds.”

“Take your time; no need to rush,” said Sonic, “Once we get the info from Espio, we can go on the offensive and take those two nut jobs down.”

And that was that; it was time for or heroes to take a rest before pursuing towards their goal. They all went different way to either rest or prepare for the next upcoming battle. However, Cream wanted to spend more time with Fluttershy as she went over to her with Cheese and asked her…

“Hey, Miss Shy, is it okay if I show you me and Cheese’s favorite flower picking spot?!”

‘Chao chao chao?!’

Fluttershy was just standing there still thinking over what Solar Dusk said to her earlier

‘Oh, and by the way, Miss Shy; if I were you, I’d keep a close eye on a certain couple of friends of yours. It would be a real shame if something… bad happened to them.’

“Miss Shy!”

Fluttershy finally heard Cream and snapped out of it and looked at her, “Huh, o-oh… did you say something, Cream?”

“Yeah, Cheese and I want to show you our favorite spot to pick flowers while we wait to kick Solar Dusk’s butt again!”

Fluttershy felt a little uneasy of imagining the possible outcome of Cream coming with them only to be seriously wounded by Solar Dusk. But despite that, she responded…

“Oh… u-um, okay; sure. I would love to.”

“Great, just let me grab my basket!”

As Cream ran into the house, Sonic happened to notice how Fluttershy was acting. He calmly walked up to her and said, “Say, um… Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy looked beside her and sighed, “Hey, Sonic.”

“I don’t mean to not mind my own business, but… I realized that your resolve has lowered dramatically ever since our holographic encounter with that crazy pony.”

“Well, Solar Dusk is a bit intimidating,” Fluttershy claimed, “but… i-it’s okay; I’m fine.”

“You’re worry about Cream and Cheese, aren’t you?” Sonic stated, “You’re worried that if they come with us, something terrible will happen to them.”

Sonic knew how she was feeling and she couldn’t hide from him; so she confessed, “Well… you heard what Solar Dusk said; he sounded pretty serious. If Cream and Cheese come with us, he might be expecting them and plans to get back at them somehow. I couldn’t handle it if he hurts those two again. Seeing her spirit almost get broken like before was once enough; I refuse to let it happen again.”

“Cream and Cheese have gone up against plenty of danger with us,” said Sonic trying to get Fluttershy to understand, “but… if your gut is telling you something important and you think it would be safer for Cream and Cheese to not fight him, then I won’t top you. If he does have something planned to hurt them when they get to him, then maybe you’re right. But only do it if you think it’s the right thing to do.”

After that, sonic stretched his legs and decided to go on a little sprint. Fluttershy was thinking over what Sonic said to her and felt that what she thought was right; but she was also wondering how Cream would react if she found out that she planned to leave her out of the battle. She might think that she saw her as weak and not strong enough to handle herself; she didn’t want her to think that.

“Oh, Fluttershy; what are you going to do?”

Author's Note:

What happens next? Stay tuned.