• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 3,958 Views, 92 Comments

Mobius and Equestria: Worlds Collide - AngelShy24



When Solar Dusk escapes from Equestria to Mobius, old and new friends must unite to save both worlds!

  • ...
8
 92
 3,958

Chapter 9: Disagreement

Vector the Croc and Charmy the Bee came back to Sonic and friends from their recon mission; but their stealth member, Espio wasn’t with them. According to them, Espio had been captured by the enemy thus causing their whole plan to fail. It was just the other’s luck that this happened. Espio was suppose to find out what Eggman and his new partner, Solar Dusk was planning and then feed them the info so they knew what to expect; but with Espio captured, a chance for them to have the upper hand went down the drain.

Everyone regrouped back to Vanilla’s house to relax a bit and to hear the explanation of what happened back at Eggman’s fortress.

“This is terrible!" said Cream, "This plan of ours was our only chance to get the upper hand on Solar Dusk, but now… its slipped from our fingers.”

‘Chao chao.’

“Forget the plan," Charmy panicked, "one of my best friends has been captured by an evil mastermind and… whoever this Solar Dusk guy is! Don’t you guys care about him too?!”

“Of course we do," said Sonic in a serious manner, "He is our friend too after all. So why don’t you tell us exactly what back there.”

Charmy tried to explain himself, but he was too nervous and worried for Espio that he was stuttering too much. “Well...um… y-yeah… uh… you see… th-th-the thing is… wh-what happened was… oh man…”

Vector just rolled his eyes and pushed Charmy aside as he stated, “I will gladly explain everything. You see… after we left you guys the last time, Charmy and I went back to our rendezvous point where we were suppose to meet Espio; but we ended up waiting for a while.”

--------

(flashback)

Charmy and I both stood there in the same exact spot where we could see Eggman’s base doing whatever we could to pass the time. Man… that was not a pleasant time with Charmy.

Hey!

But after a while passed, we felt that Espio should have been back by now. We knew him, and being out there for that long was never good.

“What’s taking Espio so long?! Its been over an hour since he went in there!”

“Do you think he’s okay, Vector? I-I-I’m kinda worried that he hasn’t come back yet. What if he’s hurt?”

“Relax, Charmy. This is Espio were talking about. I’m sure he’s… just taking the necessary precautions to make sure he comes back safe.”

The truth is that I was just trying to stay calm under pressure for Charmy so he wouldn’t be too worried; but… I was a bit worried as well. We stayed there just waiting for him to come out any minute. But then, we suddenly heard a voice from behind us… and it wasn’t Espio.

“Hello there, enemies of Eggman. May I ask what exactly you two are doing here?”

It was that round henchman of Eggman, Orbot! It was almost like he was trying to make a sneak attack on us!

“Watch out, Charmy! Its one of Eggman’s henchmen!”

“Lets get him!”

“Whoa whoa, hold on there! There’s no need for a fight; I’ve come peace.”

“Then tell us why you snuck here behind us instead of coming upfront?”

“And where’s Espio?!”

“Heh… well, that’s why I’m here. Your chameleon friend did very well to sneak past all security; but in the end, I guess it just wasn’t well enough.”

“Why you… what have you done to him?!”

This little bot was mocking us without even trying, and I was about to slug him a big one. But then he held out something to us.

“A message from Eggman… if you wish to see your friend again, you are to take this hologram message card to Sonic and his friends; and make sure they all see it. Hopefully you’ll all do what the message contains, otherwise… I can’t be certain of what the doctor will do to your friend. Cheerio.”

And just like that, he just rolled off without a care in the world. He’s just lucky Charmy and I didn’t feel like crushing him after his little speech.

“I can’t believe it, they’ve got Espio! What do we do now?!”

“Well… I guess we have no choice. Lets get this to the others ASAP. And don’t worry, Espio will be fine… trust me.”

--------

“After that, we came back here to do what that dumbot said.” Vector then pulled out the message card and placed it on the table in the middle of the room, “This is message card he gave to us, and he wanted to make sure that we showed it everyone here.”

Everyone did their best to gather around the card and watched as Sonic activated it seeing a hologram of Eggman pop up.

“Salutations, Sonic the Hedgehog… and friends. If you’re seeing this message, that means that those pathetic comrades of my newly ninja captive have done well.”

“Pathetic!?” shouted Charmy, “Why I oughta…”

“Quiet, Charmy,” said Vector, “We need to hear this!”

“I’m pretty sure that you were all expecting your little ninja friend to successfully sneak into my hideout and come back out in one piece. Well… you thought wrong! Espio is now my prisoner, and whatever hope you had to ruin my plan is now gone. How’s that for dampening your spirits?”

“I hate that guy so much right now,” Spike growled.

“Even with your plan failed, you can still try to come and stop me, but as of now I'm afraid that you’re all too late! My most ultimate plan yet is almost complete, and my ambitions will finally be realized! Oh yeah, as well my new partner, Solar Dusk; his ambitions will be realized too. What kind of plan do we have in store you ask? Too bad that you have to come all this way just to find out. Be sure to bring your friends along for the ride, Sonic; as well as those pansy ponies. You're going to need all of the help you can get if you ever wish to stop us now. Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

After that, they all thought that the message was over... but unfortunately, they were wrong.

"Um... is that it? Have you ended the recording?"

"I believe so," said Orbot in the hologram.

"Good; I suddenly have an irritating itch that I need to scratch." Then Eggman turned around away from them and began scratching his butt furiously, "Oh yeah, there it is. Ahh; what is it with itch spots appearing randomly when you're standing in place?!"

"I wouldn’t know, sir."

He eventually finished and then sighed with relief, “Ahh, that’s better. Now come on, ya dumbots; we have a plan to finish!”

Suddenly, Cubot appeared in the hologram and said to Cubot in a worried tone, “Umm… does the doc know that the recording feed was still going?”

Orbot saw it himself and panicked, “Oh dear." Then he looked around and said, "Um… the doc needs not to know.”

With that, the messege ended and the hologram disappeared. Everyone there just stood still in silence while wearing an expression of awkwardness or disgust.

“Well… that last moment kinda… ruined the ominous atmosphere… a bit,” said Twilight.

However, Pinkie was giggling about what she saw, "Hee hee hee hee, he was scratching his butt."

But Charmy soon forgot about that as he was flying around the room in a panic. “This is bad, this is bad, this is bad! Who knows what they’re going to do to Espio! Ugh! If they hurt him in any way, I’ll give them a *POW!*, and a *HIYA!*, and a *HOOOOOOOOOWAHH* in their faces! That’s what I’ll do!”

“So what do we do now?" questioned Spike, "I’m pretty sure that now they are expecting us; so we will be walking into an obvious trap.”

“That may be so, little guy," said Sonic, "but I’m afraid that we have no other choice. If we don’t do something now, who knows what might happen.”

“We were counting on your friend, Esipo to feed us information on what Eggman and Solar Dusk were planning;" stated Rainbow Dash, "but that chance is gone now. We have no choice but to head out and try to stop him anyway. We won’t rest until Solar Dusk is back behind the dungeon bars of Canterlot Castle!”

“Whoohoo! Battle party!” shouted Pinkie.

Cream was a bit excited herself; she and Cheese were quite pumped up in having another chance to beat Solar Dusk again, “Alright; this is what I’ve been waiting for, Cheese! Think you’re ready to stop Solar Dusk with us again, Miss Shy?”

'Chao chao chao?!'

“Um… y-yeah; can’t wait… to take him down," Fluttershy responded hesitantly.

“Come on, Miss Shy; be more enthusiastic!”

Angel was looking at Fluttershy tilting his head. It was obvious to him that something was bothering her. But just then, Vanilla overheard them and asked, “Hold on, did I just hear that you’re all about to go out to stop those two mean guys now?”

“That’s right, Mommy; we have no other choice. If we don’t, Solar Dusk will win! We have to go now.”

“Absolutely!!!” said Charmy, “And we have to save Espio too!”

“Well… I guess it can’t be helped,” said Vanilla in a worried tone. "Good luck to all of you."

“This is one Pony who would rather not get her hooves dirty;" stated Rarity, "but the fate of two worlds is at stake, so I’ll get as dirty as I need to get.”

“Yeah! If Solar Dusk is goin’ to play dirty, then so are we!” Applejack agreed.

“Then what are we waiting for?!" shouted Rainbow Dash flying in the air, "I say we go over there and teach those two troublemakers a lesson they’ll never forget!”

“Calm down, Rainbow Dash," Twilight chuckled, "We’ll get there soon enough.”

Suddenly, the front door swung open, but was caught before it slammed. Then Knuckles came in and said, “I got here as fast as I could. My gut told me that something might be up. So what’s the plan?”

“Well, our first plan failed since Espio was captured," said Vector, "He was supposed to feed us useful information after all.”

“So instead," said Sonic with a smirk, "we’re all going to bust into Eggman base and attack him and Solar Dusk head on!”

Knuckles smirked himself while beating his fists, “Heh, now that’s my kind of plan.”

“Why not;" said Amy as she held up her hammer, "we’ve done things that way many times before, so why stop?”

To make sure that he was with the plan, Tails quickly stated, “So the plan is… go into Eggman’s base, sneak past his defenses, find Eggman and figure out where he’s hiding Espio and then take him down. Aside from rescuing Espio, it really is going to be the same as always.”

Spike suddenly came amongst them and stated, “Don’t forget about Solar Dusk. He’ll be waiting too ya know.”

“But with the Elements of Harmony," said Twilight, "he won’t stand much of a chance!"

With the Elements shining around their necks, Twilight's friends smiled and nodded their heads in agreement; except Fluttershy who was still contemplating on things.

"Me and the girls can focus on him while the rest of you stop Eggman and rescue your chameleon friend.”

“Sounds like a plan to me!" shouted Vector, "Lets do it to it!”

“Isn’t this great, Miss Shy?!” said Cream, “We finally get to show that mean pony a thing or two again!”

“Um… I don’t know about…”

But everyone was already raring to go and were headed out the door; and the two speedsters were actually waiting for everyone else this time.

“Come on everyone, lets go already!” shouted Charmy in a commanding tone.

“No need to tell us twice!” Applejack chuckled.

“Wait; Cream, I…”

“I believe in all of you,” said Vanilla, “Make sure to save the day and get back safely… like always.”

“Will do, Miss Vanilla!” said Pinkie happily

“C-C-Cream, w-wait…”

Cream looked behind her and saw Fluttershy standing still and hesitating. She tried to encourage her, “Come on, Miss Shy, time to go into battle… which is kinda weird for me to say cause I don’t care much for fighting.”

‘Chao chao chao!’

It was then Fluttershy finally shouted out louder, “WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT!!!”

Everyone suddenly stopped in their tracks to look back at Fluttershy. Cream went back over to her wondering what was up. “What’s wrong, Miss Shy? We need to go!”

Fluttershy decided to speak her mind and tell Cream of what she really thought on the situation. “Cream, I… I-I know we were looking forward to fighting Solar Dusk together again… and I know that you can take care of yourself, but… but… I-I think… its better if you… s-stay… here.”

Cream suddenly felt confused of what Fluttershy was trying to point out, “What? What are you saying, Miss Shy?”

‘Chao chao?’

“I can’t stay here, I have to help you take Solar Dusk down just like we did last time.”

“I know, I know; I’m just saying… th-that maybe… you can hang back this time… so you’ll be safe.”

‘Chao?’

“So I’ll be safe?” Cream lightly retorted, “What are you getting at with saying that?! I know that I said that I’m not crazy about fighting, but this is different! I need to teach that Dusk meanie a lesson and show him that he can’t push me around!”

“But that’s exactly what he wants!”

“What?”

“That’s what Solar Dusk is expecting you to do! I know that he’s planning to trap all of us, but he’s going to do something terrible to you; I just know it! You heard what he said to me, right? He was talking about you and Cheese! If you come with us, you might regret it!”

“Um… what’s going on; what’s the hold up?” stated Rainbow Dash.

“I-I-I think those two are discussing something;” said Rarity, “but it sounds like its getting a bit intense.”

Fluttershy was too worried of Solar Dusk’s threat from earlier, but Cream didn’t want it to scare her, “I won’t regret anything! I know he’s plotting against me, but what does it matter?! I thought we already discussed over this! You said that you were okay with it!”

“I did, but… I just thought things over and… I decided that… you should just let us handle this one. That’s all.”

Cream was getting a bit miffed at Fluttershy for suddenly losing confidence in her. She crossed her arms and pouted, “So what? Are you saying that that I can’t take care of myself now; that I’m suddenly too weak to fight this battle? Is that what you’re saying, Miss Shy?!”

Angel who was standing in between them was looking at them feeling troubled, and was slowly backing away from them.

“No no, I’m not saying any of that at all!”

“Hmph, it sure sounds like it to me. After everything we did together, you can’t even trust me to help you guys with this one mission!”

“Look, Cream; its not easy for me to do this,” said Fluttershy as she placed her hoof on Cream’s shoulder and looked at her in the eyes, “But… I have a bad feeling of you coming with us; and… since we fought Solar Dusk before, h-h-he’ll know what to expect from us… from you, so it will make whatever he has planned for you more easy for him. I just… I just don’t want him to hurt you and make you cry again… like he did last time; I won’t stand for that happening again. You understand, right?”

A single tear dripped from one of Cream’s eyes, and she backed away from Fluttershy’s hoof and said, “Yeah… I understand. I understand that even my friends, the friends I had known all my life knows that I can fight back. With Cheese, we can accomplish many things. But you… you’re letting fear control your thoughts! You’re letting what Solar Dusk said to you earlier get to you; making you have second thoughts about everything! You’re supposed to have more faith in me, Miss Shy!”

“I do, Cream; I really do! It just… I don’t know; but… I think you just stay here. Its for the best, trust me.”

“Trust you… okay, I’ll trust you.” Then more tears came flowing from Cream’s eyes as she blurted out at Fluttershy, “Go ahead and baby me; hold my hand keep protecting me because you’re afraid that I’ll get hurt and cry like a little baby!” She ran a few feet away from her and then turned back around and added, “And while you’re at it, when you come back from stopping Solar Dusk without me, why don’t you pamper me and change my diaper too!”

“Cream, wait!” Fluttershy tried shouting.

But Cream wasn’t listening. Cream ran off to her room sobbing constantly; and Cheese was was chasing after her.

‘Chao chao chao chao!’

The whole room was filled with awkward silence. Everyone was standing there and watched the whole conversation that just went by. They didn’t know what to do except not to try and let it affect the thoughts of their mission.

“Um… I’ll just… go and see if she’s okay,” said Vanilla awkwardly as she went towards her daughter’s room.

“Wow, that was… um… something,” said Spike.

“Well… I guess we should get going,” said Sonic, “Dusk’s plan isn’t going to foil itself.”

“Um… y-y-yeah, what he said,” said Rainbow Dash, “Time is a wasting.”

After seeing if Fluttershy was okay everyone began to walk out to head towards their destination. However, Twilight went over to Fluttershy who was still standing where she was and told her, “You coming, Fluttershy? We can’t do this without you.”

“Yeah… I am," she responded hesitantly. But before she started moving she asked Twilight along with Spike, "Twilight, do you guys think I did the right thing?”

“Don’t ask me,” Spike stated, “Moments like this I rather stay out of.”

“I’m afraid that its not for me to decided,” said Twilight, “only you.”

Fluttershy just sighed and stated, “E-earlier after we fought all those robots, I talked with Sonic and told him how I was feeling about Cream facing Solar Dusk again after that threat that he made to me about her. Sonic told me that I should just do what I thought was the best decision; but now… I sorta wonder if that was the right decision. Oh... i hoe Cream doesn't stay mad at me.”

“Maybe it was the right decision, maybe it wasn't,” said Twilight with a light smile, “but… don’t let it get you down. We have a mission to complete. And don't worry, I'm sure Cream will understand your reasoning eventually.”

Fluttershy soon calmed herself down enough to get herself together and said, “You're right.” She then looked down at her rabbit friend and asked him, “Hey, Angel? Would you mind staying here and give some more company?”

But without hesitation, Angel smiled and shook his head; and then took off towards Cream’s room.

“Well that didn’t take him long to decided,” Twilight chuckled, “Come on, lets catch up to the others.”

“Okay.”

Twilight, Spike and Fluttershy went out of the house and closed the door behind them as they were on their way to join the others. FLuttershy suddenly for a moment though and looked back at the house still feeling a bit of regret; and then she continued on. Meanwhile, Cream was up in her room in her bed with her face buried deep in her pillow with Cheese sitting right beside her. Her Mother, Vanilia had come into her room with Angel close behind and went over to her and rubbed her head trying to comfort her.

“Um… Cream, are you going to be alright?”

Cream just sighed while muffling in her pillow, “I don’t know, Mommy.” She then slowly turned around to lay on her back while looking back at her Mother, “I know Miss Shy was only trying to protect me; but ever since that time that of what we went though when I was in her world and the whole revenge threat… I can’t help but feel like she lost her confidence in me… like she doesn't think I can handle another possible life or death situation.”

“I’m sure she meant well;” Vanila responded, “and who knows, maybe this was a safe decision.”

Cream looked over at Angel who she noticed stayed with her and slightly smiled as she gave him a pat, “Yeah… maybe. But what if it isn’t?”

Author's Note:

The main action will start next chapter; I promise this time.:twilightblush: