• Published 11th Aug 2013
  • 6,657 Views, 181 Comments

An A-10C Warthog In Equestria - An A10 Warthog



After an A-10C is sabotaged by North Koreans, the device designed to destroy to the aircraft inexplicably sends it to Equestria.

  • ...
31
 181
 6,657

Chapter 1: Of Diplomats and Thirty Millimeter Cannons

"Come, take a seat in my office," The pegasus told the pilot.

To this, the American officer shook his head. "I can't let this plane out of my sight. It's the regulations I have to follow."

The other ponies were giving each other nervous glances, and the American simply raised his eyebrows. Spitfire appeared to quickly regain her composure and make another attempt, "Surely you trust us enough to not cause harm to your aircraft, Mr. Robinson."

Lawerence simply chuckled, "Sure," He began sarcastically, "But I can't be too sure of your security."

"Sir, I can assure you that our security is top-notch," The human's sarcasm was apparently lost on the yellow pegasus.

"You fail to understand," All humor in his tone had vanished, "I am not just going to leave my aircraft out here, where any one of you ponies could have your way with with my aircraft," The American didn't want to inadvertently give them any ideas.

The tension in the air grew thicker as the pilot stood firm in his ideology, and the ponies trying to have a well-meant meeting with the man. Of course, Lawerence had little reason to believe what the ponies told him, other than to hopefully seek a quicker end to the escalating mayhem that the airman's insistence to stick to protocol.

The pony officer sighed, "Look, to some extent, you have to trust us if we want negotiations to work out to any extent. I can leave the blinds on the window open so you can see your vehicle."

After some more coaxing, the American finally agreed to meet in her office, the blinds open of course, (Robinson wasn't sure why she would want the blinds closed anyway, but didn't ask) where the yellow pony sat down behind the desk, in a manner that the pilot found odd, considering the fact that she walks on four legs. Of course, Lawrence pretended to pay no note to it, but in reality he was observing everything. And he was on the verge of freaking out, which, he hoped, was also true with the ponies he was dealing with. He barely had time to think about what was going on before she started asking questions.

"What is the thing you came here in?"

He immediately smiled. "The finest plane in the service of any nation on the planet Earth."

She raised an eyebrow.

"The Fairchild-Republic A-10C Thunderbolt II attack aircraft," he continued, "It flies at half the speed of sound, and is more than capable of raining down death and destruction to entire cities.

She had a neutral expression, though he thought she was impressed.

"Why did you come here?"

He chuckled, "Hell if I know," he shrugged, "I didn't choose to visit, believe me, I'd much rather be playing Xbox back with my friends."

"Do you have any intention of bringing harm to the residents of Equestria?" Spitfire continued through her list of security questions.

"Trust me," the pilot continued, his thumb pointed towards the A-10 parked on the tarmac outside, "If I'd wanted to kill you, you'd never have known it."

She brought her hooves together and leaned forward, "Alright. We probably owe you an explanation. We are at the REAF Reserve Forces Training and Testing Center about forty miles south of the Equestrian plains, which means we are about eighty miles from Canterlot," She gave him a look, "Of course, that's not everything, but let's not get into a history lesson right now, eh?"

"You should know by now I have no clue where Canterlot is, hell, I have no clue where Equestria is. Yet you're telling me Canterlot is 80 miles away, which tells me nothing! I need some facts here!" He began, before realizing he just lost it, after his crazy day with these ponies.

To his surprise, Spitfire nodded, "Right. I believe you flew past Canterlot, it was the city and palace situated on the side of a mountain," The American immediately realized how horrendously unprepared they are if he was able to buzz their capital city in a heavily armed attack plane, with no resistance from them whatsoever.

"So, we are probably going to need to send you to meet with a diplomat in Canterlot, but seeing how you objected so heavily to even leaving the tarmac, it would probably be better for your disposition to dispatch the diplomat to us, so we can get you set up in a spare room, and you will have your meeting when he arrives," she closed a binder on her desk, "That should be about an hour from now. We'll tell you when he gets here."


When Lawrence thought of a chariot, he thought of gladiators charging each other in a coliseum with lions chasing them, and the like. Needless to say, he wasn't expecting this. What the diplomat came in was a chariot that was pulled by two white pegasi, both wearing what looked like armor from the Roman era. The damn thing didn't look aerodynamic, and there wasn't even much of a mechanism to fasten the occupant in near the back, with only a wooden panel and bench to secure them, leaving the American visitor wondering how dumb these ponies were, to have a non-winged pony transported in this way.

After the unicorn stepped out of the chariot, carrying a small briefcase like the ones lawyers typically carry, he trotted over to Robinson, who extended his hand, which the diplomat took. "Let's get started, shall we?" The pony began.


Four hours later, Robinson stepped out of the makeshift meeting-room with a sigh of relief. It seemed like the unicorn would never stop asking him questions, but it was finally over. Hopefully, they would listen to his statements, and help him find a way home. The diplomat did seem interested in building relations with the United States, but Lawrence wasn't too sure that the feeling would be mutual.

After exiting the building, the American pulled out his iPhone, and decided he should see if he got service here. After powering the device on, he saw he had no connection. He shrugged. He wasn't expecting a connection, but it would have been nice, so he put the Apple product back into his pocket, turning it off, in the event he needed it again later. Walking over to his aircraft, he decided that now would be a good time to check on his jet, so he walked over to the plane and began checking on several surfaces of the aircraft, noticing an unsecured hatch. Opening the hatch, he noticed what was left of a small device next to the wires.

Standing up, his mouth agape, Lawrence finally had an idea for how he wound up here, but still lacked a proper solution. Walking back towards his lodging for the night, he encountered the rainbow-maned pegasus that he had first encountered on the way in, she looked over at him and said something, but he didn't hear her. She repeated it again, this time all up in his face.

"I said, 'what makes you think you can just show up here and upstage ME!'?" The pony he didn't have a name for gave him her best attempt at an intimidating glare, but the pilot was unfazed.

"Look," he began, completely bemused, "I don't know who you even are, yet you assume that my first priority is going to be to upstage you? You must be a really arrogant one, because you're the only pony here who's even attempted something that could be seen as aggressive here today!" Calming down a little bit, the American continued on, "Let me guess, you were trying to impress these Wonderbolt ponies?"

She nodded hesitantly, "They're the most elite flyers in all of Equestria."

"I see," Lawrence said thoughtfully, "Look, I honestly don't know how it works here, but I'd wager you're trying to join their ranks. They want a moral code, and if I'm not mistaken, they want to be an influence on their people. While they would want someone with guts, like you've shown, but it more over shows bad judgement, which is a quality I'd try to get rid of if I were you,"

The rainbow-maned pony nodded as Robinson walked away, but she stopped him to introduce herself, "My name's Rainbow Dash, and yours is?" She extended a hoof.

"Lawrence Robinson," he replied immediately meeting her hoof with his hand.

Author's Note:

So, after 3.5 months, I finally released my first 'real' chapter.

I have a really, really bad habit of this.