• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 2,639 Views, 78 Comments

This Beautiful Darkness Shall Protect Me... - Timemaster



A dusty mirror, reflecting light from someplace unknown, was all I could see in this dark room. Little did I know, a beautiful being, pure black and full of contempt, would rescue me.

  • ...
13
 78
 2,639

12-I feel cheated.

I wake up, being shook. My face feels wet and my tail is between my legs. I feel no covers.

I open my eyes, seeing Yung. I look at her for a minute, and she looks at me. She looks at me with worry, but her emotion soon fades as I realize her feelings.

"Go to your office, now."

Unemotionally, and unceremoniously, she left the room at a slow pace. I watched her close the doors, tears returning to my eyes. They felt salty and heavy, making me see vague visions before me. They were incomprehensible, and I knew why.

I went to the bathroom and shut the door. I turn back to my human form and stare into the mirror. I place the pendent on the counter.

I finally see what I truly look like. I reach to the reflection of my pale skin, running up to my green eyes and red hair...

...But my eyes are not supposed to be green...


It is the day of the move. Yung does not remember the incident anymore, and I have started to wear the pendent less and less as I go to the restroom.

"This is a wonderful sight." I say to Yung, who is looking at the clouds moving with their own tiny engines.

"It is." She replies, her eyes dazzling...

"This is a wonderful sight." I say again, feeling a bit better.

She just stood there, emotionless.

I went back inside.

...

I go to the bathroom, removing the pendent after shutting the door. I hold it in my hands, searching through the changelings.

I go to Frank.

"Yes?"

"Frank, it's me."

"Well, nice finally speaking to you, amigo."

"Likewise."

"So," he said, his voice rasp, "What do you need?"

"Frank, did you get word that I became the mayor of Cloudsdale?"

"Yes, actually, everyone has."

"... Where are you stationed?"

he fell silent, like he had to think about it.

"I was sent to Ponyville, the home of most of the Main Six, so I could steal the Elements of Destiny when they are put here in the emergency panic."

"Panic?"

"Well, it turns out Nocturnal had to be seen, in a different body, trying to steal the Elements. Of course, though, we have no way of doing that, she just used an illusion potion to trick the guards she DID."

"How... does that work?"

"Well, since the main six reside in Ponyville, they will send their most powerful weapons to the ponies who can USE them."

"So... are they there now?"

"Yeah, I just have to wait a few days for the heist..."

"Erm... can I help?"

"How?"

"Well, you see, Cloudsdale, under my control, is moving to the Everfree."

He fell silent for a second.

"Sure. But you have to listen closely..."

After a few hours of listening to the plan, we both said our goodbyes. Well... it felt like hours in the mind world, but it was not even ten minutes for us to communicate.

I lie in the bed once more. My room is locked with a special force and I am under a pile of covers. I remove the pendent and, for the first time in a while, sleep in my true form...


"Viviere, die, vivere again, Ad infinitum." said a man in a jean-styled outfit. His face was out of focus, but I could hear him clearly.

"What does it mean?" 'I' say, my voice trembling.

"To you? Everything. For you are the first man in which this was successful." he smiled in a giddy way.

"First to do what, exactly?" I say, nervous.

"You are... shush!—" he looks behind me, saluting.

They talk jargon for hours on end.

I attempt to wipe my eyes, but my arm doesn't respond...

I look down and hear maniacal laughter ensue...