• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 2,629 Views, 78 Comments

This Beautiful Darkness Shall Protect Me... - Timemaster



A dusty mirror, reflecting light from someplace unknown, was all I could see in this dark room. Little did I know, a beautiful being, pure black and full of contempt, would rescue me.

  • ...
13
 78
 2,629

24-More of them?

I am home, where my mommy and daddy are giving me back my ribbon and diploma after looking at it. I had just graduated from Beginners' Sorcery School, which my parents say is a big deal. But not because it is hard, but because it is rare.

"It is rare to be such a great sorcerer, if one at all!" my father always says when he has the time to be around.

"Why?" I always ask, but then my father goes silent for a bit, and looks outside.

"I don't wish to remember."

But, I do. My father said that the truth lies in the past, and I'll learn soon enough, but I want it now. I take my dad's 'special' keys and go into his study room while he is asleep. There is no forbidden sign, so I guess it is okay.

There, to my left, is a cupboard full of books. It is encrusted in steel, so no one can easily break it, but I have the key. Unlike what it seems, there is only one book in the whole thing. An album. I open it, looking in chrono-something order. I see all my uncles and aunts who are not really related in pictures, but there is someone who catches my attention. He is a white man of a lean build, with paint on his face and grey eyes, who just seems to overtake the whole group in stature. Not physical, for he was quite short, but something made him seem tall. His name is scratched out, so I take out the photo and inspect the picture closer.

His left leg was in a cast, with the names of many women on it, and his pyramidal mustache was somewhat dirty. I flip the photo...

[Ku-Thunk!]

I jolt awake, feeling something push me up. My legs, however, do not move. They seemed to be tied together as i try to wriggle free, to no avail. My mouth is gagged and I am blindfolded, so I just sit and think. Of course, my thoughts are interrupted by those who pony(?)napped me. I can see a slight-moonlight, but it is vague.

They mutter on about random things, though I cannot fully hear them. This must mean I am in a slightly farther away cart, so I begin to think of ways out. Turning human would work, but the only human I can turn into is the child murderer, for I have no clue what Christopher even looks like anymore... is that any better? Yes, I decide, for I am (probably) not him. I try to think of Allen.

I fall deep into my thoughts as I fall into an odd darkness that sucks away the light of the moon. I fall deeper, still, as all the light in the world suddenly exploded in front of me. I watch the light, not scared as usual in my dreams, and see it condense into something scary. I look into it, seeing the reflection of the pony-me. I blink, Allen is there. He looks like he did in his college days, and not like the scarred murderer of the picture. His face, though already wrinkled at such a young age, had only paint to be a 'blemish'. His grey eyes seemed to stare right through me as I looked at him, watching him move as I moved. I touch the mirror, and suddenly Allen blinks and waves at me.

I slip out of the ropes with my lean hands easily, my feet kicking them off. I grab and rip off the cloth that had blinded me and ungag myself. My eyes adjusting, I see a small knife. I pick it up, my muscle memory holding it like both a sculptor... and a killer. I hear the wheel slowing down, probably because they were going to check up on me. I make the vest turn into underpants, for being naked is a no-go.

If I can do transformation magic, what else could I do?

I look at the knife and stare at it for a bit. It begins to glow a grey hue. I look at the dark-grey tarp that seperated me from the exit and see a shadow on it. I crouch as the door slowly opens.

[Spleuch]

My knife melted his neck straight off, his head still moving its eyes as it landed. A leaf falls extremely slowly around me as the pure-black sky and grey moon shine light on me. The body I had killed is engulfed in an inferno, and burns into a black body with bug-eyes. Repulsed, I walk straight up to the front, waiting for him to slowly turn his head. His eyes catch me, but before he could even blink, he died the same way as his friend. I look at their carcasses and return to the mirror...

I wake up, my hooves stepping in blood. I shriek loudly, like a little girl, and realize these were my ponynappers. I look at the trail behind the carriage, and follow it, questioning why I had killed like that. Had I finally gone mad?

...

I arrive at the Dragon Nest in the morning, seeing everyone still asleep. I go to a large pool that the dragon's use to cool down and rinse off. The blood is burned off my body as I slowly slip onto a really hot rock. A few teenage dragons see me covered in blood, but don't question it. They know better than to ask something from someone covered in something's blood, I guess.

After an hour, I feel clean, so I wrap myself up in a cloth and walk on over to my shack. This time, however, I lock the door with the bolt and the key. I begin to lay down, but then a noise echoed across the crater.

["RUUUEGH!"]

I get up, sickened. I look out of my window, seeing not just one of them. There was many, each of different age and size. None of them, though, looked particularly strong... until that one.

I am quickly evacuated, without explaination, by a teenage, female dragon who flies me to the woods where I just came from. She carries me like I am a child to protect, making me think of something. Something that may just get me killed.

I wave goodbye as I run deeper into the forest, remembering where the trail was. I get the knife, which was jammed in the ground, and spit it out. The blood was still encrusted on it. I look on the dead bodies of the ponies, finding something much better than a knife. I found a sword, which is dirty, rusty, and cracked, and pick it up. It is too heavy for this form, so I think.

I fall deep into my thoughts as I fall into an outstanding darkness that sucks away the light of the entire sun. I fall deeper, still, as all the light in the universe suddenly exploded in front of me. I look into the mirror again, seeing the reflection of the pony-me. I blink, Allen is there once more. He looks like he did a few hours ago, but smiling. His paint was of a redder color, though his eyes were still grey. I touch the mirror, and suddenly Allen cracks a large, yet angry, smile...

Author's Note:

"WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE" [Crash]

(Me on my new spinny chair)

I am now starting to remember how to write in paragraphs, though I promise to fix up any errors after the pause after next chapter!