• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 2,634 Views, 78 Comments

This Beautiful Darkness Shall Protect Me... - Timemaster



A dusty mirror, reflecting light from someplace unknown, was all I could see in this dark room. Little did I know, a beautiful being, pure black and full of contempt, would rescue me.

  • ...
13
 78
 2,634

14-Boot Camp

It has been a few days of planning where to put our training camp.

Five hundred recruits line in front of me, the general, as the other two-hundred less-than-powerful ones clean an open area for the camp. They all salute me, wearing thin armor and an emblem of paper on their sleeves. I call the captains forward.

"Captain Dust!"

"Yes, sir?" said Lightning Dust, an ex-Wonderbolt captain. Her manipulation was the easiest, for all I did was talk her up. It was fun.

"I want you and your Wing of fliers to train on creating tornadoes and destroying them in small amount of time." I say, calmly.

She looks a bit nervous, which is odd, but agrees and leads her Wing out five miles south of here. I turn to another captain.

"Captain Snowflake!"

"Yeah?" he says loudly, though I know he tried to not be so enthusiastically loud.

"I need your Wing to train in assembly. We need armaments in order to defeat the large monstrosity!"

He nods, and his Wing merrily join him as they all leave a mile north of here.

"Captain Cloudchaser!"

"Yes... sir!" she said, backing away from a conversation with her co-captain, Flitter.

"I need your Wing to train in communication. We are not unicorns, so we have to rely on the radios. They are in the spire in the city, second floor." I get out the keys.

"Who will we train with?"

"Your Wing will split into two groups, each with two radios, and try to find any clues of the Dragon's location. Search in Ponyville, first."

She grabs the keys and nods, she gets rounds up her Wing and sets off.

"And," I said, turning around, "my platoon!"

Fifty unicorns and thirty Earth ponies salute me.

"I need you all to practice deconstruction, magical and non magical, of things. Go beat up trees down below and curb-stomp any vile critter in your way... but be benevolent to those that are harmless."

With some questionable looks, the platoon's unicorns lower thier platform to the ground.

"None of you return until the sun is directly upward in the sky, even though it is dawn right now. If you get hungry, the forest is full of food... just stay away from any blue flowers."

They all wave as they are descending. I wave back with a smile.

I look at my pure-black armor (goo), and feel hot.

I pull out my radio and contact Central Tower, which is the spire, and ask for reports.

"Nothing so far," said the pony in charge of the Tower Watch, "We will stay vigilant, though."

"Alright. I am coming inside then, I need to make some plans."

"Ok."

...

At my desk, fifteen piles of blue papers are sorted by category. Land, Air, Water, and the Mix Plans were in the folders. Each one of the plans detailed ways of how to destroy the dragon, no matter where it was, and were all based off the books on dragons I had salvaged from a tree library in Ponyville. It showed me where the weakest bones were, the center of balance was, and even how much an average dragon skeleton weighs (Book on archaeology).

I sigh and lay my head on my desk, exhausted from writing all of these...

We do this daily for a week.

(Bzzt)

"Hello, General Scribe?"

"yeah...?" I answered Tower Watch leader.

"Cloudchaser's Wing found something."

I get up.

"What?"

"They found the Dragon's wherabouts."

I smile, "Where is it?"

He is silent for a second.

"Where is it?" I say, more worried.

"It is in Canterlot."

I am silent.

"How... how are the guards not?"

"They are, but their initial force was too weak, it seems like they may lo—"

"Not on my watch." I make the goo into armor. "Send everyone. Now."

"But we only got a week of training!"

"Come on, man, with my plans, even foals could beat this thing."

"I hope your right, for a few of us are as scared as foals."

I hang up and grab my large bag, sorting the Plan Folders into them.

"Time to exterminate you..." I say, zipping the bag.

I walk out the door, my two personal guards leading me into a carriage...