• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 2,633 Views, 78 Comments

This Beautiful Darkness Shall Protect Me... - Timemaster



A dusty mirror, reflecting light from someplace unknown, was all I could see in this dark room. Little did I know, a beautiful being, pure black and full of contempt, would rescue me.

  • ...
13
 78
 2,633

3-The Plan

I stood up from my chair, which squeaks softly as I leave it, my mouth wide open.

What was I going to say?

My queen looked at me with sad eyes, "You want to know why he is locked away?"

I nod, sitting back in my chair, feeling the chair be crushed a it under my weight.

"It is a long story, but here is the gist of it," she inhales,"About a thousand and a half years ago, The King realized something while looking at several other universes. He realized that having this planet as a monarchy would only cause great sadness and anger in due time... But his daughters wanted to remain in power. They used the Elements of Destiny, made by him, and used them against him. They trapped him in something, removed all witnesses by bribing or... elimination, but one."

"Who?"

"Star-Swirled the Bearded's great-grandfather." She looked to the side, "He told our side of the kingdom of what had happened, but told us to keep quiet. He disappeared in due time, and so did his son."

She scowled and turned to the wall. I saw a vague color around her, but could not single it out.

"They adopted and manipulated his clueless great-grandson many years later to see if he could become an Alicorn and assist in keeping their father at bay. The reason is that it seems to slow down his inevitable escape because every Alicorn is forced to take a piece of their father's magic."

I looked at her for a bit, seeing her pain, which is of a white color.

"My queen, what can I do to help free him?" I ask, my face, too, appalled at the trencher at one's own parent.

She looked at me, her beautiful eyes clouded with tears, "You will...


She looked at the crowd of changelings and motions me beside her.

"This human has decided to become one of us indefinitely, and just by looking into his eyes, I have selected his occupation." Everyling in the crowd looks at her and then at me in anticipation to see who gets to work with this master speaker.

Or at least I think that, heh.

"This human shall be joining the Covert Ops. team as an Agent, so would the Covert Ops. Leaders please escort him to the 'Non-Changeling' Division?"

Two changelings, disguised as ponies, wave to me, and I follow them. One is a thin, blue, mare while the other is a buff, green stallion. We go off stage and into a black cart, pulled by two changelings with broken horns...


After dozing off in the cart, the buff stallion woke me up. He held something in front of my face: A pendent.

"Put it on," he said, "and think of me."

Following his orders, however oddly erotic they are, I put on the pendent. I think of him and his form...

And I am engulfed in green flames. I try to scream, but the fire has melted my mouth; I try to run, but my legs are splitting apart; I try to look, but I am blinded.

But that doesn't stop my mind from screaming internally...

Moments pass before I realize I felt no pain. My vision reappeared and I felt small. Very small. I open my mouth to speak with the buff changeling, but he whips out a picture before I can say a word... I stare at the photo, but not of awe; but of fear. The photo moved as I did, the photo looked me straight in the eyes, and that is when I figured something...

This is a mirror. I am of an equine shape, but I see bits and pieces of fur-less parts of me..

"What kind of work am I supposed to do?" I ask, grabbing the mirror, admiring my body.

The thin pony turns to me, "We are going to our headquarters in Canterlot, but because of the failed attempts to raid last time, we are going to invade slowly."

"Failed?"

The thin pony frowns, "Our first attempt was stopped by the Element of Destiny wielders, out second attempt got you and a few valuables, and now we are hoping that this next slow raid will not fail as well."

'"Why did they fail, and why did you do them?" I ask, baffled as to why you would raid the capital, the most defended place, first.

The buff pony turns, slobber on his face, "They failed because we do not want to hurt the ponies. We only abduct them to reveal to them the truth. This raid, however..." he clears his throat, "We are planning to steal the Amulet of The King, an item they have confiscated from some greenhorn."

"What does it do?" I lay the mirror down, too interested in this 'Amulet of the King'.

"The amulet allows any living being to siphon magic from the King, even if he is locked in ice."

I sit there, silent.

The magic of the King? If it took the strongest weapons, ponies, and long planning, how powerful is it?

The thin pony smiles at me, moving to the seat beside me.

He whispers into my ear, "The amulet is the only item capable to free the King."

I whisper back, looking at the now sleeping buff pony, "Then why don-"

"They would never truly lock their own father away, that is dumb. You want to know more about him?"

"Yeah."

"Well then, when we get to the base in a couple more hours, we'll let you read the records."

"Thank you," I look at him,"sir?"

"Streak is my name, but the pony is called 'Blue Harry'."

"What is mine called?"

"Blake's is called Henry Lifter, yours will be decided later tonight."

A few minutes pass, me just sitting in the back.

"How do I change back?"

"Imagine what you look like."

I concentrate on my appearance...

My light-brown skin, My bald head, my eyes...

The moment I think of my eyes, I begin to cry. Flames, burning me down to my bones, surround me, and I hear gasps around me as I burn alive...