• Published 13th Jul 2013
  • 4,560 Views, 116 Comments

The Doom Patrol - Wave Blaster



Transformed by Discord the trio know as the Cutie Mark Crusaders were turned into three monster mares, now using their new found powers to help ponies as Equestria's strangest heroes. By their own the're Appleling, Sweetie Bot and Energyloo

  • ...
6
 116
 4,560

Doom Patrol #1. Astonishing first issue!

-Cover concept:

A picture in black and white of Nightmare Moon, Discord, Queen Chrysalis and King Sombra looking down at the center where the picture is broken by the CMC's in their doomed forms; Apple Bloom at the center as a dark yellow and red changeling, Scootaloo flying at the left as a black silhouette with purple glowing eyes surrounded by an aura of the same color and Sweetie Belle as a silver robot. Long story short, the iconic cover from the All-New All-Different X-Men, feel free to hum the music theme, you know which one I'm talking about, that one that was like ta-na-na-na-naa na na... HA! enjoy you ear worm :trollestia:.

***

-Trottingham's outskirts. Midday.

A lonely unicorn mare was traveling in a carriage to the town, she was pulling it with her magic and humming a song when she spotted what seemed like a stallion, it was hard to tell since it was full covered by a dark purple hood attached by a necklace, he was covering himself under the hood like trying to avoid the sunlight as much as possible. She stopped the cart by the side of the hooded pony.

"Well, hi mister. Do you need a lift?" She asked as the stallion looked at the carriage as if he never had seen one before.

"How do you do that?"

And she looked at him strangely. "How do I do what?"

"That, with the carriage. How do you move it?"

"Well, with my magic." She raised an eyebrow, what kind of question was that?

"You can cast magic?" Stepping closer to the unicorn. She tried to look under the hood but his face was covered by the shadows, like a second hood.

"Of course, I'm a unicorn." Who was this guy?

"It's been a long time since the last time I saw one."

"You're not from here. Aren't you?" She supposed that he was from an earth pony community when she saw the diamond in the necklace, her mind stopped for a moment as she immediately felt attracted by it. "Nice jewel by the way." It was the most beautiful stone she ever saw.

"No, I'm not. I come from far far away, as in the old tales" But his listener was too busy looking at the diamond. "Do you like it? It's a piece of my own work." The unicorn nodded slowly without removing her eyes from the stone. "You see, I got this little problem with sunlight. Can I come inside your carriage?" Pointing at the entrance of the wagon. Without talking, the unicorn opened the door and let the stranger enter first as she followed him before closing the door behind her. Once inside, the hooded pony took off his cowl to reveal a pale gray coat and a short black mane, the mare was so mesmerized by the diamond that she didn't noticed that all the shadows inside the wagon seemed to react at this new pony's movements who just commented. "Too bad, too little space in here to move." He was clearly disgusted for being indoor but she barely heard him.

After a while the stranger started to ask her about Equestria as a child would do, at first she was confused for this but her mind was too distracted by the sight of the beautiful diamond that she didn't really cared, it was almost as if the diamond was calling her. The stallion asked her for the full history of Equestria now and she was telling him everything she could remember without even questioning; the tribes, the foundation, the Discord Era, the Princesses and the Elements of Harmony. He was actually surprised by the fact that magic ran free around the world but she didn't care about it anymore, the only thing on her mind was the diamond.

"So, you're telling me that a god like Princess felt to her owns desires and turn herself into a dark version of her?" He interrupted her toughs, the unicorn nodded with her eyes still on the diamond, something that her companion noticed raising an eyebrow and smirking.

"I can't help but notice that you like my diamond. Wanna touch it?"

Immediately the mare reached for the necklace with a hoof but the stallion stopped her, then he turned his head to show her the right side of his face: a big blue silhouette shaped like a circle covering that side.

"Tell me, heh. What do you most desire?."

***

FIMFiction (not so) proudly presents:
Transformed by Discord the trio know as the Cutie Mark Crusaders were turned into three monster mares, now using their new found powers to help ponies as Equestria's strangest heroes. By their own the're Appleling, Sweetie Bot and Energyloo but together they are...

The Doom Patrol
in
The beginning of tomorrow.

Written and edited by Wave 'hey, still here' Blaster.
Proofread by Giz 'Wave, you owe me one' and edited by Diamond 'doing Wave a big favor' dust.
The Doom Patrol created by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney y Bruno Premiani.
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic created by Lauren Faust (and others I suppose).
Copyrights lololol.

***

-Canterlot's Cultural Center.

The old Underground River train station was an amazing display of engineering and architecture, designed by Iron Beam it was one of old Canterlot's symbols being the central station for trains before it was put out of service in the nineties to become a cultural center and since then it hosted various events every year, but its most important was the Future Inventions Expo or FIE which was possible thanks to the Princess support and the Blueblood's "voluntary" sponsorship.

The FIE was the Princess Celestia's way to support the technological advance as a way to reduce the dependency on magic that they had and also she enjoyed seeing how the pony mind could came with new wonders each years, also there was the international wing in the FIE that allowed other countries to make technological and cultural exchange that had the added bonus to improve the relationships between nations.

All the stands where and explosion of new ideas making their way in the modern world or old ones with new approaches, even the private sector was present too in the form of Hors Co. as the company showed the most advanced weaponry in the world presented by none other than its president and CEO Iron Will in person.

In a corner, near the exit, was a single stand that just showed various blueprints nailed to a blackboard. The only pony in the stand was a dark pink earth mare with green eyes resting her head on her hoof showing a professional 'I really wish I wasn't here' face. Pinkamena was actually on the edge, after a whole life hiding from the world behind the mind of her 'sister' it wasn't particularly easy to be in the driving seat of the mind for more than just a few hours but since Pinkie revealed her existence to her friends, correction, their friends, she agreed to go out more and the FIE offered a reasonable good occasion.

After two hours of nopony stopping by her stand, Pinkamena was ready to call it a day and go back to her room in the Palace when five mares and a dragon walked to her stand.

"Hi Pinks, how's going?" Rainbow saluted her.

"Hello girls, Spike." Pinkamena responded. "Not very well, I guess that nopony is interested in this kind of stuff." She said as she pointed the blueprints with her hooves.

"That's cause you're just showing the boring stuff." Rainbow replied as took a hoof-made book titled 'Anatomy and behavior of the Changelings by Pinkamena Diane Pie'. "Come on, you got a friggin robotic armor in your basement! Why didn't you brought that?"

"I agree darling, when I make a fashion show it's more productive to actually show the impressive stuff." The white unicorn added.

"I know, I know, but some stuff in that cave are dangerous to say at least--" But she interrupted herself to take a hoof mirror from behind the counter ant looked into it with an annoyed face. "No Pinkie, it isn't 'self sabotaging' to keep looks away from me... Well I'm not an expert attracting ponies attention, that's your job... Oh, you think you can do it better?... Go ahead and do it... What do you mean when you say this is 'my character development'?... Alright, I will keep with it." And she turned back to her friends. "As I was saying, some things in that cave are far too dangerous to even expose them so I just brought what looked inoffensive."

"But still Pinks." Applejack replied. "Ah remember seeing an arrow with a boxing glove instead of a tip, that seemed pretty save ta me."

Pinkamena opened her mouth to respond, but didn't said anything, instead she put a hoof on her chin to think about it. "I suppose that you're right." She finally said as wishing for a distraction to change the subject.

Incidentally a voice coming from a speaker called. "Attention everybody. Iron Will, president and CEO of Hors Co. cordially invites all of the guests of the FIE to the weapons exposition for the Royal and Night guards in the main stage."

Fluttershy reacted to that announcement raising an eyebrow. "Iron Will is here?"

"Oh yeah, the Princess told me that Hors Co. is trying to gain the military contract this year." Responded Twilight as they found their way to the last row of a massive group of ponies and others species like zebras, griffons and even crystal ponies, suddenly a voice called for them.

"Fluttershy, girls, long time no see." It was the minotaur in person. "What are you doing in the last row? Come here and have a look from the best seats in the place."

"Oh no, I wouldn't like to bother you." Fluttershy said but he just waved with a hand.

"No sense, anything for my best student and her friends." He smiled showing a perfect line of 'whiter than white' teeth as he conducted them to the first row, his imposing figure making its way with ease. "Now wait here and get ready to see the best weapons display in your life." And he walked to the backstage, Twilight took a moment to look around her and noticed a stallion dressed in a formal uniform from the Royal Guard standing in the first row next to them, at his side was a griffon wearing what she recognized as the Griffon's Republic uniform but she couldn't be sure after all the lights went off. Four spotlights illuminated four pedestals covered in blue blankets, four mares dressed in military outfits walked next to each pedestal and stood still like the Royal Guards would, after a moment a shout broke the silence crying.

"IRON WIIIIIIIIIIILL!"

A blue object felt from Faust knows where and landed at the middle of the stage, all the lights went on again to reveal a blue minotaur standing with his fist in the ground then rising up as if shouting his name as falling into the scene was the most normal way to enter, behind him was a cinema screen completely white.

"Ladies and gentlecolts." Iron Will said in an uncharacteristic serene tone. "Yesterday, the only thing that our devoted and loyal guards had was a well sharpened spear, a clean light armor and their unmatched courage to keep this country safe." He put his hands behind his back. "And that was all they needed, but today" Raising his voice and pointing with a finger to the air. "Today we see a world constantly changing, today we see new things like cars and planes. The times, they are changing." He raised both hands pressed into fists. "And in order to keep safety around the world, the nations armies need to change too." Taking a breath. "Ladies and gentlecolts, today I present you." Pausing for a dramatic effect, a music tune started to play and the screen started a countdown as he opened his arms at the crowd. "The new face of the armed forces of your country!" Then he turned to his right to point behind him. "Heavy weaponry!" The mare at the right pulled off the first blanket to reveal a white and black mini-gun, the screen showed Iron Will destroying multiple targets in mere twelve seconds. "Shock an awe!" The second showed a rocket launcher, in the movie Iron Will aimed the rocket launcher to his own feet and using it to launch himself in the air. "Hit and run!" The third table contained a set consisting on a modified scattergun, a pistol and an aluminium bat with the minotaur charging with the bat to a group of targets as background. "And finally. Tactical demolitions!" The last set was composed of two grenade launchers and, for some reason, a bottle of hard whiskey, the screen just showed a set of eight round objects in line that exploded making a flash of light that covered the screen and the scenario. After the movie ended the lights went on again as Iron Will said. "Ladies and gentlecolts, I bring you the weapons of tomorrow. Today!" The music stopped and the room exploded in applause and cheers for the spectacle.

But a different kind of explosion changed the ambiance as the ceiling collapsed over the crowd, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Twilight were the first to react, the first two moved as fast a they could dragging everypony on their reach away from the falling debris as the unicorn created a massive shield over them to stop the bigger pieces.

A group of ponies entered through the hole above them flying giant sized playing cards, they where all white coated and wore different outfits, the one riding the King of Spades spoke.

"Everypony freeze and kneel before the King!" It was a unicorn almost as tall as one of the Princesses with a yellow mane and beard as his cutie mark was a 'K' letter over a spades symbol, he was dressed in a red and black trench coat, a golden crown and was holding a staff in his right hoof. "Nopony gets in our way and nopony gets hurt." The crowd dispersed as fast as they could, meanwhile they descended their cards to the ground and jumped out of them. Another unicorn, a red maned mare walked next to King.

"You heard the King, nothing's gonna stand in the way of The Royal Flush Gang." She had a 'Q' over a spade as cutie mark and was dressed in a hood of the same colors as the king but wearing a tiara instead of a crown. The Hors Co. security guards as also the present guards of the place surrounded the five ponies aiming their weapons to them, King just showed a bored expression as Queen simply said. "Ten, Jack."

A pegasus responded first, she had a black mohawk and her cutie mark was a '10' over a spade and wearing only black boots and bands over her forelegs. She hoovered over a group of guards and aimed her forelegs over them, smiling. "Boom." She said as eight spades were shot from her bands and exploded when they reached the ground dispersing the guards.

The next one was a small earth pony with only a black and red jacket, his cutie mark was a spade with a 'J' over it, also he had only one eye and the other covered with a spade shaped eye patch. "Peek-a-boo, I see you." Shooting a laser from his eye patch that the surprised guards barely eluded. With most of the guards and civilians out of the way the Gang walked next to the scene where Iron Will was waiting for them with his arms crossed.

"Who do you think you are to steal from Iron Will?"

King simply replied. "Ace, could you?"

A bulky earth pony, as tall as Iron Will stepped in front of the minotaur, he had no mane nor tail and the only part of him that wasn't purely white was his cutie mark, a black 'A' and a spade. Iron Will didn't lost any second an punched him in the face with all his strength as in the background a voice shouted "Brave Punch!"

But the stallion didn't move nor seemed to be affected by the blow and simply looked back at him, before anything else could happen Ace punched back Iron Will so hard that he sent him to crash unconscious against the wall.

"Hey, stop that!" Rainbow Dash shouted a she tackled Ten, both mares started a struggle in the air. Twilight and her friends were back from evacuating the innocents out of the place and saw what Ace did to Iron Will.

"Stay still you two." Said Jack trying to aim for Dash but a lasso trapped him by the neck. "Ya heard the lady, cut it out."

Applejack charged to him as Fluttershy, Rarity and Spike attended Iron Will trying to wake him up, Twilight retained Ace by the hooves with her magic. "Why are you doing this? Attaching innocents and stealing."

"Money and emotion mon amie, nothing personal." Queen lightened her horn and ten copies of her surrounded Twilight aiming their horns to her, that made the unicorn to loose her concentration and that was all that Ace needed to break free. Roaring, the white pony charged at his former captor but was stopped by King's hoof.

"Don't tell me guys that you don't recognize them." He said. "They are the bearers of the Elements of Harmony." All the gang stopped short to look at him, that costed Ten and Jack to be knocked out to the ground as Queen only smiled wider when she noticed.

"New plan Gang, take them alive." The full gang jumped at them, the first to attack was Ten flying high bombing at them but Twilight rose a shield to protect them. After the dust dissipated Applejack and Rainbow Dash went against Jack and Ten respectively as Ace was having a hard time trying to hit Pinkie who simply evaded him with not much care.

"You miss, not there, almost, come on." Taunted the pink pony. Next to them, Queen walked to Fluttershy and Rarity but stopped to look how Spike was standing in front of her with his claws pressed into fist but trembling.

"I suppose that you're my rival in this fight. Pick a card, any card" She levitated five metallic cards and shot them to Spike, the cards stopped right in front of him by a blue aura.

"No, I will, en garde." Rarity charged at her but she simply passed through her, five more Queens appeared around her.

"Très bien mon petit adversaire, and I must admit that is some kind of honor to fight a high class designer, now try to hit the real me." The six unicorns around her said.

"Gang, we don't have the time, finish this now!" King ordered, Aced stomped in the ground, the wave sent Pinkie to the air where Ten grabbed her.

"Oh no, you wont." Rainbow Dash chased behind her but Ten simply whistled and a giant ten of spades knocked down Dash from behind, Applejack trotted to catch her but Jack jumped to her and hit her in the head with a pair of eskrima sticks.

"Did you forget about me?!" Asked Jack smirking. Meanwhile Queen dissipated her copies and exclaimed.

"Fifty-two! Pickup." A complete deck of razor sharp cards appeared over Rarity, Fluttershy and Spike, Twilight barely managed to put a defensive shield in time but the distraction allowed Ace to knock her out from behind. King walked to the left mares and dragon.

"Your friends and you represent a lucrative hostage material, just surrender peacefully and you got the King's word that we will not harm you needlessly." With Applejack, Dash, Pinkie and Twilight already down, Rarity was ready to give up but a new loud noise attracted the attention of both groups.

"Not so fast, criminal scum." There was a new hole in one of the walls and three equine looking creatures stepped in. They where Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, looking at the direction of the Royal Flush Gang Apple Bloom raised a hoof and cried. "Doom Patrol Assemble!"

Sweetie Belle and Scootallo looked back at her friend. "Hey, we never agreed to that name, and assemble what?" said the energy pegasus.

"But we are patrolling the place to impede doom and the cry was to assemble the team." The changeling pony replied.

"But we're all here, calling to assemble the group when we are already together makes no sense." But Sweetie Belle interrupted their argument poking at their sides.

"Uh, girls? Big evil pony coming right for us." Scootaloo and Apple Bloom looked back just in time to dodge Ace's lunge, behind him Jack and Ten were also charging at them.

"Ten you got the pegasus, I call dibs on the changeling." Ten didn't replied but simply started to shoot her explosive spades to Scootaloo and chased behind her as Jack assaulted Apple Bloom with his laser but using the reflexes of a spider, the changeling pony evaded Jack's attack also noticing and dodging a eskrima stick trowed at her, she changed to the fly of a bat and then used the speed of a peregrine falcon to charge at him at fulls speed.

Meanwhile Sweetie Belle jumped in the air and aimed directly to Ace and using all the weight of her metallic body connected a hoof against the giant pony's head.

"Klang!"

Ace just stood still against the mechanical mare, at the same time Ten finally managed to hit Scootaloo with her explosives as Jack shoot an electric pulse from his sticks electrocuting Apple Bloom into submission, the unicorn looked back at Ace who was about to hit her and only had time to say.

"This is not good."

Author's Note:

Cliffhanger!

First kick of my new mega project The New Three (may need another name), go here to have more details:
March presents, Wave Blaster's New 3!

Special thanks to the aforementioned Giz and Diamond dust as also to all those readers who waited six months for this.
As always, if you got an opinion on this leave a comment and I will be glad to answer it.