• Published 2nd Jul 2013
  • 5,407 Views, 225 Comments

Two Hearts, Fall Apart - NintendoGal55



Fluttershy switches realities with an alternate Fluttershy while Twilight has to find a way to switch them back

  • ...
18
 225
 5,407

Original 11: Paradise City

“And.... luggage is loaded!” Pinkie announced, tossing the last bag into the cargo hold of the hot air balloon. “Twi-Twi, you’ve checked our check list five times now! We have everything, you silly!”

Twilight sighed, shaking her head a bit. “I know that, but I don’t want to leave anything important behind, such as our notes and spell tomes. And we do have our toothbrushes, right?”

“Check, checkaroonie!” Pinkie nodded, hopping into the balloon.

“So, you’re sure you can handle flying all the way out to Las Pegasus, Twi?” Rainbow Dash teased lightly, flexing her wings.

Twilight scoffed a bit, turning her head up. “Despite what you may think, I have been practicing basic flight and I do believe I am more than capable of making the trip.” She trotted past Dash, placing the last item in the balloon.

Fluttershy was fighting off a giggle as she watched the scene play out. “This is just too good, I swear. If only the others could see this. I think Rare would be dead from laughter.” She muttered to herself a bit.

“All right then!” Pinkie said, activating the hot air balloon. “Let’s go, everypony! Las Pegasus awaits!”

“I never thought I’d get a chance to correct, Pinkie, but...” Fluttershy glided over to the pink earth pony, “you do know that the city’s not going anywhere, right?”

The party pony rolled her eyes. “Well, duh! Of course it isn’t, you silly filly! It’s a city! A place! They don’t grow legs and walk away! It’s a figure of speech!”

Fluttershy giggled at this, flying over to Rainbow Dash. “I guess in this reality you gals didn’t have a city built on the back of a giant tortoise then!”

Twilight was a bit taken aback by this, blinking in shock. “Wait, are you serious?”

“I might be, princess.” Fluttershy stuck out her tongue.

Pinkie gasped, wide-eyed. “They have those?!”

Fluttershy looked over to Pinkie, teasingly. “Maybe. You’ll just have to go to my reality and see.”

“You know we can’t do that, Fluttershy.” Twilight deadpanned, now seeing what she was doing.

“Oh, well... Your loss.” Fluttershy mused.

“Bet you can’t wait!” Dash winked. “So ladies, let’s go!”

“Let’s rock the sky ‘til the thunder rolls!” Fluttershy grinned wildly, readying for flight.

Undoing the rope, Pinkie’s hot air balloon rose into the air! Following along, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Twilight all rose into the sky as well, flying alongside the balloon.

Now soaring high in the air, Fluttershy shouted over at the three. “You gals know what we need now, right?”

“What’s that, Fluttershy?” Dash called back to her, looking over at the mare in question.

“Some kick-flank traveling music, of course!” Fluttershy glided beside her, winking.

“Oooohh! Good thing you said that, Flutters!” Pinkie produced a boom box from the balloon, turning it on. “Let’s ROCK THE SKIES!!”

Twilight almost froze mid-flight as she started fly over to her. “Pinkie! Where did you-that wasn't on the list!

“Sorry, can’t hear you, my lovey!” Pinkie called to her, smiling. She turned up the music, with loud rock music blasting from the speakers.

Fluttershy laughed maniacally as the song played louder. “Oh, yeah! I love this stuff!”

“But-” Twilight tried to rebut against all this, but soon saw that her three friends were already enjoying the music. With a defeated sigh, she gave a weak smile. “Three on one? I guess majority wins after all.”

“YEAAAAH!!” Rainbow Dash shouted, doing flips and turns in time to the music, sometimes spinning.

The four set off, flying towards their destination of Las Pegasus. The two pegasi performed tricks, the alicorn read the map, and the earth pony created enough noise to wake up the dead. Along with most of the citizens of Ponyville.


Some hours later, into the afternoon, they had the city in sight just some ways off along the landscape. Due to the fact that it was still broad daylight, the very bustling and prosperously flashy city seemed quite underwhelming. It was huge, bigger than Canterlot and Ponyville put together. Many of the buildings skyrocketed, some big and wide, others thinner, along with all kinds of neon signs and shapes proclaiming the hotels, bars, restaurants, and of course, the casinos.

From above, it almost looked like a model, until they flew in lower and closer.

“So Twilight, what’s the map say? Where’s that hotel you reserved us at?” Rainbow Dash wanted to know.

Twilight looked over the map, spotting the red marker she placed to let her know where the hotel was. “It’s on the corner of Thirty-Fourth and Third Street, just off the main boulevard.”

“You got us a hotel that close to the boulevard?” Fluttershy asked, a bit surprised.

“Yepperoonie!” Pinkie chimed in. “Especially since that particular hotel has a great parking area for wagons and other such cargo units!”

Twilight chuckled a bit, nodding her head. “It also happened to be the only one that would allow us to park a hot air balloon there as well.”

Fluttershy just giggled a bit, looking back at the large balloon. “Now that makes more sense than what I thought!”

“It’s very big! I’ve seen the brochure!” Pinkie said, giggling happily. “But Twi-Twi and her connections helped!”

“You mean the Princesses, right? So, let’s land this monster and get our party on! As decreed by Celestia and Luna themselves!” Fluttershy shouted, flying beside Dash and giving her a playful push.

Laughing, Dash pushed her back playfully. “Yeah! You said it!”

“I wouldn’t call it a decree, you two.” Twilight said flatly, glancing down a bit. “That’s it, over there!” She pointed down to massive building with a giant horseshoe on the front of the building, set up in lights.

Within some time, they finally landed outside the hotel in question. The hot air balloon was parked and anchored in a very convenient location within the parking lot. As a bonus, the area was guarded to make sure nopony would steal it. The hotel itself was huge, several stories up, and quite luxurious in a flashy and fun kind of way.

Fluttershy let out a loud whistle. “Dang, a water fountain in the parking lot and guarded by ponies that look like they competed in Mister Universe. What’s next? Singing bell hops on roller skates? Ninja ponies as personal bodyguards? No, no, better yet, we run into Princess Luna having a fling with somepony?” She looked around at her friends, waiting for any reactions.

Twilight exhaled, “I highly doubt all of that...”

“Nah, we won’t have that luck!” Dash snickered, shaking her head.

“Ninja pony bodyguards?! That is AWESOME!” Pinkie grinned widely, placing their luggage onto a trolley, with Twilight helping. “Now c’mon, let’s go inside!”

“I’m right with you on that one, Pinks!” Fluttershy chuckled, assisting a bit as well. “The sooner we check in, the sooner we can paint the town red! Or polychromatic in some cases.”

“Very funny, Flutters!” Dash blew a raspberry.

Twilight started to lead the way, analyzing the entrance. “Now remember everypony, this was very hard to pull off on such short notice, so please be on your best behaviour here.”

“No promises,” Fluttershy snickered, elbowing Dash a bit.

“Don’t you worry, my lovey!” Pinkie assured, bringing a foreleg around the alicorn’s shoulders. “I will most definitely be on my best behaviour. Starting now.”

Twilight blushed a bit, but did not move away from her friend. “Thank you, Pinkie. And Dash, you’re not gonna do something crazy, are you?”

“No, Twilight, I’m not!” Dash rolled her eyes. “I can behave!”

Fluttershy muttered quietly, “Not in bed, you can’t.”

Twilight chose to pretend that she did not hear that as they entered the hotel.

Inside, the place was gigantic. The lobby, reception area and the bar were big enough to hold all of Ponyville! A lot of the pillars and other surfaces were gold-plated, or silver. The flooring was marble, with a large carpet along the lobby, housed with some comfortable couches and chairs. The front desk was huge, rounded, with a large silver pillar in the centre. Ponies of all kinds walked about, either being guests or employees, some pushing along luggage trolleys.

Much to all of their surprise, the bellhops were wearing roller skates!

“Unbelievable,” Twilight muttered to herself.

Fluttershy held a smug grin as she looked over to her friends. “One to three... Who wants to place bets on what we see next?”

“I’m gonna go with Ninja Pony Bodyguards,” Rainbow Dash said, nudging her lightly.

“Me too, in fact,” Pinkie said sweetly. “Twilight? Would you care to lead us to the front desk?”

Twilight snapped from her daze, nodding. “Right. Let’s check in. Oh, and just to prove how silly this all is, I’ll place a bet on seeing Luna here with somepony.” Walking over to the front desk, she cleared her throat a bit and rung the bell.

A unicorn in a sharp suit and glasses came to the front, eyeing them. “Yes? Can I help you?”

Twilight gave him a kind smile, nodding. “Hello, my name is Twilight Sparkle and these are my friends. I believe we have reservations here, courtesy of the Princess, correct?”

“Mm-hm...” The stallion behind the desk checked the open book, giving a slow nod. “Yes, Twilight Sparkle, a reservation for a party of four.” With his magic, he slid them their card keys. “Your room is 1408, enjoy your stay.”

“Thank you very much...” Twilight squinted to see the name on his badge, then took one of the cards. “... Mister French.”

Fluttershy took the next card, “Thanks, Frenchy!”

“Thank you sir, we’re much obliged,” Pinkie smiled sweetly.

“Indeed we are, Mr. French!” Dash grinned, saluting him.

Making their way over the elevator, Twilight looked over the card. “It looks like we’re on the thirteenth floor, everypony.”

Fluttershy rolled her eyes. “Great, unlucky thirteen it is!”

“Don’t tell me you actually believe that,” Dash said dryly, giving her a deadpan look.

“Now, when something crazy happens and you can’t figure out why, I’ll just point at the floor and say ‘bucking thirteenth floor!’ Okay?” Fluttershy snapped back.

“You’re so silly, Flutters!” Pinkie ruffled her mane, giggling. “Wait! Our room is 1408? And yet we’re going onto the thirteenth floor? How does that work? Twi-Twi?”

Twilight giggled a bit, deciding to explain as they entered the elevator. “I’ll show you. You see, here on the list, there is no number for thirteen.” She pointed at the control panel and there was in fact no thirteen on the list. “A lot of hotels don’t include a ‘thirteenth floor’ due to superstition, but even if they don’t mark it, the fourteenth floor is really the thirteenth.” She pushed the button to go the floor their room was on and the doors began to close. “Does that make sense?”

Fluttershy snorted a bit. “Now, that really bugs me. Just because they don’t mark it as the thirteenth floor doesn’t make it any less of the thirteenth floor!”

“I’m with you on that one!” Dash said, rolling her eyes. “I mean seriously, thirteen is just a number! Maybe some superstitions can be scary if they seem real, kinda like any horror legend, but come on! Thirteen? Ooooh! Watch out for the scaaaaary number! Oooohh! Please, I could write a better horror story in my sleep!”

Fluttershy grabbed Dash’s mouth shut. “Hush! You want the number to hear all you?” Then started to laugh wildly.

Dash laughed too, nudging her. “Hey, you’re right! Shh! Wait a minute, isn’t 1408 supposed to be a horror story? About a haunted room? Twilight! What have you done to us?!”

Fluttershy let out a fake gasp. “Oh no, Dash! We’re gonna die! Oh, just hold me one last time!”

“Hahaha!” Rainbow Dash laughed, throwing her forelegs around her. “I’ll hold you, my dear Flutters!”

Twilight just rolled her eyes in annoyance at the two pegasi, then looked over at Pinkie with a warm smile. “I at least hope you found it informative, Pinkie Pie.”

“I did indeed, my dear! Thank you for supplying the information,” Pinkie giggled, smiling brightly at her.

Twilight blushed, looking away just as the door opened. “All right, girls, let’s find our room and get settled in.” She stepped out, looking around for their room number.

Not surprisingly, it was fairly close.

“Well, here we are,” Twilight mused to nopony in general as she slid the card though the electronic lock.

With the door opened, the four stepped into the room, with Pinkie wheeling in their luggage. The room was a suite, with one bed located near the door. Near the bed was a nightstand, a dresser, a safe, a mini fridge, a closet, and a television. On the wall were two doors, with one leading into a bathroom, and the other door led to a secondary room.

The other room mirrored the main one with the same kind of layout, only it also had a couch, which seemed to be a hide-a-bed. The other difference was that it had a floor-to-ceiling window, offering an amazing view of the city. A nighttime view was promising to be even better, to be sure.

Inside the bathroom, there was a window facing the secondary suite, which had an electronic blind that would lower over it. There was a jetted tub, counter on the sink, and a shower stall.

“Wow, I can’t believe that the Princess would actually get us a suite!” Twilight commented in awe of the grand room.

“And to think it’s a basic suite!” Pinkie remarked, taking it all in. “It’s super duper AWESOME! Oooh! Who’s taking the window bed?”

Fluttershy quickly rushed over the bed in question and jumped on it, ruffling the bed sheets and pillows. “Called it!”

“All right!” Dash joined her on the bed, grinning. “What an awesometastic view! That’s gonna look so cool at night! Yes! Definitely taking this side of the suite!”

“That’s fine,” Twilight stated happily as she started to unpack their belongings. “But to be fair, the next night Pinkie and I get that side of the room as we’ll only be here two nights.”

“I think that’s perfectly fair, Twi-Twi!” Said Pinkie, going back over to the other room and plopping onto the bed.

“All right!” Rainbow Dash rolled about on the covers, giggling. “This’ll be an awesome night!”

Fluttershy quickly pinned Dash to the bed, giving her a coy look. “Why? Because of all the partying? The excitement? The cider? Or are you talking about something else a little more bedroom inclined? Either way, I have to agree.”

Being pinned did surprise Dash for a moment, but she eventually gave a coy grin of her own. “I could be talking about all those cool things! But I think that last part sounds really awesome, if you ask me...”

“I would rather you two not do that while we’re in the room,” Twilight spoke up, giving them a slightly annoyed looked. “Besides, what about this supposed ‘big weather event’ you were telling us about?”

“That’s tomorrow afternoon! But later today, there’s gonna be a briefing in the conference room a few hotels away. But that place was fully booked, anyway.” Dash told her.

“So, tonight we party like our names are Octavia!” Fluttershy shouted loudly, then noticed that all three of them were giving her an odd. “Um, you know, DJ Pon-3?”

Snickering, the cyan pegasus whispered something into her ear.

“Seriously?” Fluttershy gave her a confused look. “Well, if you say so. Still kinda weird, though. So, Twi, any good clubs to hit up?”

Twilight shrugged a bit. “I’m not familiar with the area, but you two are more than welcome to look over the map.” She levitated the piece of parchment over to the pegasi.

Taking the map in her hooves, Dash opened it up along the bed, and scanned it. She searched, trying to figure which of the tourist indications were nightclubs, or at least something of that calibre. The birds-eye-view map of the city was huge, and very likely that they’d have to travel a bit further in to find what they were looking for.

“Well, looks like there’s a club a few blocks away!”

“Then let’s hit it!” Fluttershy shouted with glee then point over at Twilight and Pinkie. “And you two are coming with us. I’m still drinking you under the table and somepony’s gotta be the designated flyer, right?”

“If we must.” Twilight sighed a bit, but smiled nonetheless.

“Sure!” Said Pinkie, coming back into the room. “First thing tonight, we’ll go right to that clubby!”

Fluttershy fell back onto the bed giggling, “Oh, man, this is gonna be great! I’m holding you to that, Pinks!”


The group stood outside of a large, black two story building with different coloured neon lights that read Paradise City. Loud, thunderous music played from inside, setting the mood of the club as a party place. Surprisingly, the line to get in was rather short, though this was most likely due to how early it was.

Standing near the door in line was the quartet, each of them dressed in something nice. Rainbow Dash wore a simple, fairly short dark blue dress, with her mane tied back into a ponytail. Pinkie had a pink t-shirt, along with a pair of blue shorts that matched the blue balloon of her cutie mark. Twilight had on a simplistic yellow dress with a lighter shade on its tips and a pink bow over her shoulders. Fluttershy wore a black tank-top and matching stockings, along with a short, plaid skirt held up by a faded grey belt and her usual earrings.

“Wow, this place looks a little crazy,” Twilight commented looking about curiously.

“It looks so amazing!” Pinkie gaped, bouncing on the spot. “I can’t wait to see what it’s like inside!”

“And we don’t have to wait outside all night!” Fluttershy pointed out, noticing that they would be next in line, after the group in front of them.

“Guess it was a great idea to come out here early after all!” Remarked Dash, taking a look around the street and behind them. “Barely anypony else is here!”

The pink earth pony bounded toward the front, shaking with excitement. “Cmoooon, I want to get inside already!”

Twilight smiled a bit, shaking her head as she noticed that they were in fact next. “Well, I guess we’re about to see the inside then!”

Once they were next, the bouncer gave them a once-over before allowing them inside. The interior of the club was flashy, yet dark; with a black light and all kinds of colourful neon lights shining about. Tables, high and low, were littered about with a few ponies sitting at them. A huge, colourful, flashy dance floor was at one end of the club, where a DJ was playing some electronic techno dance music. The other end of the club had a bar, which stood quite elongated.

It was early in the evening, so not much was happening, nor were there a lot of ponies, but the atmosphere was definitely promising.

“Whooooooooooooo!!!” Pinkie hollered over the music. “This is AWESOME!! C’mon, Twilight! Let’s go dance!”

Twilight looked about, nervously glancing form one friend, to another. “Pinkie, you know I can’t dance, right?”

“I do know,” Pinkie said, but smiled warmly, “but that’s okay! We’re just going to go and have fun!”

“If you say so.” Twilight mused a bit, offering a hoof. “Lead and I’ll follow.” She spoke up with a happy tone.

“That’s the spirit, my sweet!” Pinkie took her hoof, nuzzling her. “Dashie, you and Flutters go save us a table!”

Rainbow Dash nodded, winking at her. “You got it, Pinks!”

Fluttershy giggled a bit. “It’s kinda funny when you think about it. We’re the ones who want to party, but those two rush off and we have to hang about, looking to get a table.”

“That’s so unexpected of Pinkie, it’s expected,” Dash snickered, shaking her head. “C’mon, let’s go get a table.”

“I have to agree with you on that!” Fluttershy nodded, following behind her.

Going along the club, they eventually settled on a table not far off from the bar. There were even menus of some treats that the bar had to offer, along with a few listings of what drinks they were selling.

Looking over one of the menus, Fluttershy chuckled for no real reason. “As much stuff that’s written here, all I’m getting is a lot cider in everything!”

“I’m gonna go lighter this time!” Dash declared, sitting herself in one of the chairs.

“Oh? Not going hard this time?” Fluttershy asked teasingly.

“Nope!” The cyan pegasus shook her head. “I’m gonna go for those mixed fruit vodkas, those are great! It’s what Fluttershy and I drank that one time we-er, never mind...” She blushed, looking away a bit with a sheepish smile.

Fluttershy giggled a bit looking at Rainbow Dash, feeling somewhat odd for a moment as she witnessed this sudden change in her behavior. She looked much softer and gentler almost. ‘Almost like my Rainbow Dash. Heck, even the dress looks like something Rainbow would wear for me. It’s nuts, I swear, but it was just... Okay, just relax. You know why you’re doing this, ‘Shy, so just chill. Speak words, stupid!’ She shook herself free from her thoughts, looking over to Dash.

“If you don’t feel like telling me, that’s fine, Dash.” Fluttershy muttered a bit, blushing. “It’s not like I would make fun of you or something... but I won’t pry or make you.”

“Nah, it’s just... yeah, a bit of an experience I don’t talk about much,” Dash shrugged, looking back at her. “I made out with a tree, thinking it was Fluttershy... Eventually I made out with the real Fluttershy, but we... kinda don’t talk about it.”

Fluttershy nodded her head, chuckling a bit. “I remember Pinkie and AJ talking about that now! Pinks even had a few pictures of the night! Anyway, I don’t really see a problem. If you both agreed to not talk about it, then you’re good, right?”

“...Not really,” Dash mumbled, and then looked up to see a waitress coming over to them.

“So what can I get for you gals?” The waitress, a unicorn, grinned widely.

“Two bottles of the strongest stuff you got! Bring on the vodka!” Fluttershy beamed wildly, winking at dash a bit while she did.

“Oooh, wild gals, eh? You got it!” The waitress winked, and then slinked off.

Fluttershy dropped her act as she looked over to Rainbow Dash with a look of real concern. “Now, what did you mean not really? Either you decided to not talk about it and let it slide or not. What happened?”

“Well, we did kinda agree not to talk about it, but that was more me. I remember that Fluttershy looked... disappointed, but she didn’t even protest, and just agreed to it,” Dash recalled. “After that, I just didn’t know what to say or do about it.”

“And you’re sure that’s all it was about? Just a drunken make out session?” Fluttershy asked her curiously.

Rainbow Dash shook her head, “Not to me. It wasn’t just that at all.”

Fluttershy’s curiosity was now peaked. “Then, what was it to you, Dash?”

“Well... yeah, no doubt, I was drunk, we both were, but I definitely wasn’t lying about everything I said to her. I was flirting with her, calling her sweet names, touching her, and when I made out with her, it was for real... I just had no inhibitions,” Dash blushed a bit at the memory. “It was... letting myself stop being an idiot and just really showing her how I feel.”

“There’s more to it than that, isn’t there?” Fluttershy leaned over the table a bit. “You said something to her, didn’t ya? Something personal... right?”

Cheeks bright red, Dash could barely look at her. She felt a churning in her stomach at the memory, most especially with the way Fluttershy looked, despite drunk. “...I.... said.... ‘Marry me’.”

“Wow... Um, just wow.” Fluttershy just stared at her blankly. “I can see why that would make her upset. And you never said anything more about it?”

“No, of course not... By the time I sobered up, I had my stupid idiot mind kicking in and telling me ‘No!’ before I could even try. After that, it was impossible to even think of it.”

Fluttershy looked a bit sad to hear this, appearing to be in deep thought. “But... don’t you think she might still be upset about this? I know I would...”

Exhaling, Rainbow Dash gave a slow nod, barely even looking up as the waitress returned with their drinks. Once she spotted the bottle, she took hold of it and sipped it.

“Yeah, I bet she is... it wouldn’t surprise me at all,” she said, her ears drooping.

“Then when she gets back, tell her!’ Fluttershy shouted a bit, but not in an angry way. Her tone was still kind and sweet. “You really should, ya know?”

“Believe me, I really want to. I just hope I’ll be able to,” said Dash, sipping her drink again. “But then again, I miss her like crazy, and if I see her again, well... You know what happens when you get something back after you thought you lost it forever...”

Fluttershy was quiet to this, unsure of the answer. In truth, she had no response to this at all.

“...Fluttershy?” Dash spoke out, her voice soft, almost a squeak. “...Are you all right?”

Fluttershy was taken back just by how much in her mind this Rainbow Dash looked like her own. The differences melted into a blur of color. Each brighter than the last, holding a piece of a memory.

“I-I’ll be fine, Rainbow...” Fluttershy replied weakly. “Just thinking about a few things here and there. You know, just... being lost.”

“...Right,” Dash sipped her drink again. “You going to have some, or what?”

Fluttershy stared at the bottle for a moment with an intense look. “Gah, why are we talking about this at a nightclub? This is supposed to be about us, about fun, about... not sad stuff!” She snatched the bottle away and quickly downed almost the entire beverage in hoof. “So, no more! And Dash! When you drink, you either do it to get bucked up or forget, so either mare up or back up!”

With a smirk, Dash snatched the bottle back. “Gimme that! You’re on, Fluttershy! You are on!” She downed the rest of the bottle, slapping it down onto the table. “Aaaah! Pretty good start! I feel pretty awesome!”

“And the night is still young, Dash!” Fluttershy chuckled, looking over to her friend. “So, how about we bust out the good stuff, get wasted and really paint the town!”

“Buck yeah!!” Dash whooped, hailing the waitress over for more drinks. “Then I’m takin’ you back to our room and pounding you into the bed!”

Fluttershy slid her chair up beside Dash’s, cooing into her ear, “But what about Twilight and Pinkie? I don’t think they’d like that very much.”

“They’ll understand... besides, I’m sure they’ll appreciate some alone time.” Dash cooed back into her ear.

“That they would, but I don’t think they’ll get it if we’re bucking horseshoes on the other side of the wall...” Fluttershy teased, lightly nibbling on Dash’s ear.

Dash giggled girlishly, taking the new bottle that was set down onto the table. “Oh, what are they gonna do? Go all ‘Hey, don’t do that!’ and we’d be all like, ‘Go away!’ and tossing socks at the door!”

Fluttershy snagged the bottle and took a hearty swig of it, followed by a weak giggle. “Okay, you gotta point there, Dash. But what if big, mean ol’ number starts trying to scare us again?”

“Don’t worry, Fluttershy,” Dash took the bottle, sipping it quite generously. “I’ll protect you! I’ve always got your back!”

“Oh, my hero!” Fluttershy wrapped her forelegs around Rainbow Dash’s shoulders, pulling her into an awkward embrace, the yellow pegasus cuddling against Dash’s face. She reached with one of her hooves. “Can you pass the bottle?”

“Hee... sure, Flutters...” Dash kissed her lips, then handed her the bottle. “Drink up, pretty butterfly!”

Taking the bottle, Fluttershy easily guzzled down the entire thing, giggling loudly afterward. Surprisingly, she did not slam it down, but instead tightened her hold on Dash, nuzzling her.

“Oh, Rainbow... I told you this was gonna be fun, right?” Fluttershy asked, her face flushed a weak red. “And it’s not even seven yet! Oh... so many things to do...”

“Ha, no kidding! Getting buzzed already?” Dash giggled, nuzzling her sweetly. “Hey, no fair... I wanted some more! Hey, waitress lady! More over here!”

Fluttershy looked over at the waitress, then back at Dash with a curious smile. “She has a cute outfit... I should get one too! For you and other you and whatever other yous there are...”

“You’re so sweet, Flutters...” Dash giggled, nuzzling her nose. “But there’s only one of me, silly! Oh, who cares... Let’s have some more, then we’ll go... go paint the room...”

“Yes there are!” Fluttershy pouted a bit, fighting the urge to smile. “I’ve met at least... one other you, so I know two! And... why would we paint a room?”

“I don’t know!” Dash laughed and held her closer. “Y’know, you look so pretty... You’re pretty. Pretty pony... I miss you, Flutters...”

Fluttershy blinked a bit, feeling flustered, but cuddled up closer. “I miss you too, Rainbow. You just don’t know...”

Another bottle was placed onto the table, to which Dash took a long sip of. She burped, giggling, and nuzzled Fluttershy. Everything in her head that was against this entire situation was being pushed off to the side, in favour of just having fun and living in the moment.

“Awww... that’s sweet... You don’t know how much I miss you, Flutters... There’s so much I gotta tell you...” Dash cooed, albeit slurring her words slightly. “I’m sorry, my sweet butterfly...”

“It’s okay, Rainbow Dash... because I have no idea what you’re talking about right now.” Fluttershy replied with a loud burst of laughter.

“Hey.... shhh... it’s okay, pretty pony...” Laughed Rainbow Dash, kissing her cheek, “You’re awesome, Fluttershy... I love you!”

Really? Wow...” Fluttershy stared at her with wide eyed amusement. “Guess what? I love you too, Rainbow Dash!”

Dash grinned widely, kissing her face. “Really?! Yay! You’re so sweet, Flutters! I love your sweetness! You have nice hair. Did I mention your mane is soft? I love your soft mane, but I love you too!” She took another sip of their drink, quite a bit, then held it to her lover. “H-Here, have some, my butterfly Princess...”

Fluttershy drank heavily, giggling much like a school filly. “Oh no, Dash! No buttering me up, okay? I’m not a princess... I’mma Fluttershy, silly! If anything, you’re the one who should be a princess!”

“Hee hee... okay, why should I be the Princess?” Rainbow Dash giggled, smiling widely. “Tell me, my sweet butterfly... ooh, I love you!”

“I love you, too! Umm...” Fluttershy snickered, thinking for a moment. “You should be a princess because... you’re more awesome?”

“Me? More awesome? Awwww! You’re so sweet!” Dash kissed her cheeks, laughing with childish glee. “Okay, I’ll be your Princess!”

“Yay!” Fluttershy shouted weakly, the drinks beginning to set in.

The drinks sank in more for Dash, who giggled and drank some more, albeit sloppily. “Y-Y’know, Flutters... Since I’m a Princess now... I’m gonna need a wifey...”

“Really? A wifey? Like a waifu?” Fluttershy slurred a bit, trying to pronounce the words.

“Who cares.... I need a wife... I gotta make her my Princess... and later my Queen...” Dash slurred, chuckling. “Hey, I love you... you love me too... let’s get married... you can be my Princess...”

Fluttershy blushed a bit, reeling back with wide eyes, then started giggling maniacally. “Okay! I can do that! I think... Yeah! But... how? Pinkamena isn’t here and I don’t know any other pastors...”

“It’s Las Pegasus, Flutters.... we can get married instantly.... just gotta find the right place for ‘em... I think I saw a Zen garden wedding place... figured you’d like that setting...” Dash giggled girlishly, getting off her chair.

“Ooh! That sounds nice! We can do that... Right?” Fluttershy laughed, trying to follow, but half stumbling. “But what about Pinkie and Twilight? Are they coming?”

Rainbow Dash giggled, helping her lover to stay steady, despite fumbling a bit herself. “Gotcha, Flutter-baby... hang in there... Hee hee... Pinks and Twi will be fine... they’re... they’re over there... moving... I think... hee hee!”

“But they’ll miss the wedding if they’re moving that way!” Fluttershy slurred a bit, leaning hard against Rainbow Dash.

“Okay... let’s go get ‘em... they can witness us getting married...” Rainbow Dash brought her foreleg around her, tightly.

“We need two of those anyway! I think? Do we...? I don’t remember...” Fluttershy giggled sheepishly, following Dash’s movements.

“Me neither...” Dash giggled, stumbling ever slightly toward the dance floor.

As the two made their way across the dance floor, Twilight spotted the two quickly due to their stumbling, and quickly pointed this out to her friend.

“Um, Pinkie? Is that Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy over there?”

“Hmm?” Pinkie followed her gaze, and giggled. “Why yes, it is them!” She waved her hoof to flag them over. “Wow! It’s not even eight and they’re already drunk!”

Watching the two for a moment, Twilight sighed in grief. “We better go get them before they hurt somepony... or themselves for that matter.”

Pinkie nodded, and they made their way over to the two pegasi. Of course, Pinkie’s observation proved correct. Both pegasi stumbled a bit more, laughing and grinning like fillies, with their eyes a bit glazed over.

Fluttershy looked over at the two with a wide eyes. “Twilight! Pinkie! We found you! We’ve been looking for all... of... five minutes!”

“Five minutes! Felt like... hours!” Dash giggled, slurring her words. “H-Hey, how you doing? All... all six o’ you...”

“Hello, you two sillies! What’cha doing?” Pinkie asked curiously.

“H-Huh? Oh! Yeah... hee hee... Flutters is so cute... And I’m a Princess now! Princess me! Hee... We’re gonna get married so I can make my Flutter-baby my Princess, too!” Said the cyan mare, kissing Fluttershy’s hair, likely aiming for her cheek.

Pinkie’s eyes went wide, before she laughed with glee. “Oooooohh!! That’s awesome, Dashie!”

Twilight face-hoofed, almost wanting to fall backwards. “You do know that’s not a good idea, right Pinkie?” She turned her attention to thecouple in front of her. “As for you two, you’re drunk. And furthermore, getting married is not what we came here to do.”

Fluttershy interjected. “B-But plans change! We all change! And... since we- wow... Pinkie! I just realized you’re pink! It’s like... symbolic... or somethin’...”

This made Pinkie laugh. It was silly, even for her, but she couldn’t help but feel amused by it. “Why, yes! You’re absolutely right, Flutters! Good point!”

“T-Twi.... Twiiiilight.... We wanna get married... don’t be... don’t be a meanie....” Dash stuck her tongue out. “I wanna marry my Flutters... I missed her so much... I’m sowwy, Flutters.... you can be my Princess now... makes up for it... hee hee...”

“Rainbow Dash, you do know that that’s not our Fluttershy, right?” Twilight deadpanned. “And even if she was or if you even knew what you were talking about, the answer would still be no.”

Fluttershy blinked very slowly, trying to process what was said. “But ‘no’ backwards is ‘on,’ so if you say it backwards it can kinda mean ‘yes,’ I think... maybe...”

“Y-You’re not the boss of me... If I wanna marry... I can... same for Flutters... she said yes!” Dash giggled. “You’re not my mom... I’m an adult... I-I wanna walk down the aisle!”

Pinkie thought of that for a moment, turning to the alicorn. “...Well, Twi-Twi, she does have a point. You can’t exactly stop two ponies from getting married if they want to.”

Twilight sighed, but nodded in agreement. “That’s true, for the most part. However, they need at least two witnesses and I will not be getting blamed for this mess later when they sober up. I’m just trying to prevent any further insanity.”

“Pwease, Twilight?” Dash pouted.

“Now, now, everypony... let’s go sit down. Twi-Twi, you should have a nice drink, just to settle down,” Pinkie suggested.

“Another drink would be awesome!” Fluttershy added, stumbling more onto Dash.

Twilight shook her head a bit, annoyed by the situation at hoof. “Maybe something non-alcoholic for me... but a drink might help me calm down.”

“We’ll get you something light!” Pinkie said, leading the alicorn to the table, the same one where the two pegasi had chosen. “Something delicious!”

Dash giggled, following with Fluttershy and trying to support her. “Whooo, more drinks! I want some, too... yummy nummy...”

“I’ll take whatever Dash is having! Or... whatever she doesn’t drink...” Fluttershy muttered, kissing Rainbow Dash’s neck a few times.

Twilight shouted over the two pegasi. “Non-alcoholic!”

“Oooh, make us!” Dash said, giggling from the kisses.

Twilight looked over the two, then at Pinkie who looked to be ordering exactly what she did not request. It would appear that all odds were in fact against her in every way she could think of. Deciding on just hoping for the best, Twilight stood by her friends musing to herself.

“One drink. That’s all. Then dance a bit and we head back... what’s the worst that could happen?”


Along the darkening streets of Las Pegasus, four ponies were walking along together, all of them laughing occasionally. To any random passerby, it was just a silly occasion that normally occurred in this city. But on the deeper level, it was all as complicated as it could ever get.

Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle walked up front, with the latter of the two leaning up against the former. Behind them were the other two ponies, both of them stumbling and giggling as they tried to support each other.

“S-So we’re.... going to... hee hee... that zen garden.... romance... wedding thingy...” Rainbow Dash slurred, winking at nopony in particular. “Gonna... gonna be so pretty...”

Fluttershy chuckled, almost too dazed to answer fully, but tried to anyway. “Y-You said... that we were gonna, um... get hitched, right?”

Dash nodded, smiling widely. “Uh-huh... we’re getting hitched... Mrs. and... Mrs. …Dashie... hee hee...”

Twilight looked back at the two, slightly stumbling into Pinkie with a half drunken gaze. “You two still talkin’ about that?! Pinkie, tell them... something that I would say if I wasn’t so drunk...”

“Okay, Twi-Twi!” Pinkie cleared her throat. She faced the pegasi, giving them a serious look. “You two are making a silly decision. You’re drunk, you’re not thinking clearly, and getting married is probably not the best idea. You should go back to the hotel and relax yourselves,” she said, and looked back at the alicorn. “How was that, Twilight? Did I do good?”

Twilight stared at her in awe, then giggled. “Do I really sound like that all the time? So... we should go back to the hotel, but if we do... they’ll just keep asking. What do we do to make them stop asking, Pinks?”

“In order, yes you do! But that’s just you, being logical and trying to do the right thing!” Pinkie assured her. “And we simply have to go through with it! We’ll let them get married! Besides, they’re cute together! ...Not as cute as our Flutters and Dashie, but still cute!”

“Oh... so, if they get married, they’ll stop asking to get married?” Twilight paused in her drunken stupor, “Okay... yeah! That makes sense! So we’ll go and let them get married and then go to bed. Would that work?”

Fluttershy suddenly shouted, wrapping her forelegs around Rainbow Dash. “Yes! We’ll... we’ll stop asking if we do it!”

“Yep!” Dash agreed, wrapping her forelegs around Fluttershy as well. “We’re gonna get married! Ooh, ooh! There’s a lot of green over there... is that the place?”

Twilight looked across the street and attempted to make out what the sign over head said. “I think so. Yeah! So... wait... do I know what I’m doing right now or not, Pinkie?”

The pink earth pony shrugged. “I think you do, Twilight! You’re just not letting your inhibitions take over to stop you!”

“Oh, okay then. I know something was wrong and I trust you, Pinkie! So, let get these married so I can go back to being mad at them later!” Twilight called out to no one. “Because I will be later, won’t I?”

“...Probably,” Pinkie said honestly.

Twilight gave her a goofy smile and kissed her nose. “Good. That sounds more like me anyway... To the gardens!”

“Eeee!!!” Pinkie squealed happily, then faced behind her. “Dashie! Flutters! We’re here! We’ll have to go to the front desk, so we can acquire your marriage license!”

“H-Hear that, Flutters? We’re here... yay!” Rainbow Dash cooed, her wings rising.

Fluttershy looked up at her, grinning while her wings rose a bit. “Where’s here?”

“...Here!” Dash pointed to the front desk as they approached it.

Fluttershy’s eyes went wide with a mixture of emotions. “You mean... we died and this is where we check into heaven?”

“Nooo... this is....this a... a garden place... to get married!” Said the cyan mare, shaking her head.

Pinkie approached the front desk, which was located at the entrance of the garden, as a small enclosure to the otherwise outdoor area. She rang the bell for service, waiting for the receptionist to return up front.

“Good evening, and welcome to the Las Pegasus Zen Gardens for Weddings. How can I be of help to you, miss?” She said, adjusting her glasses.

“Well, my two pegasus friends want to get married!” Pinkie indicated to her two drunken friends. “So we’d like to acquire a marriage license for them, please!” She reached into her saddlebag, producing a couple of cards, which she placed on the desk for the receptionist to read.

The earth pony behind the desk did so, reading them over, then looking at the two pegasi. “I see. Which name do they wish to take?”

“I-I’m.... Rainbow Dash... fastest... flyer outta Cloudsdale! It’s gonna be mine... Mine, I say!” Dash slurred, laughing. “Mrs. Dashie... and... other Mrs. Dashie...”

Fluttershy just giggled, looking about the room. “But I don’t wanna be ‘other Mrs. Dashie,’ Dash.... I wanna be Mrs. Dashie.”

“Okay, but you are Mrs. Dashie... Mrs. Dashie!” Giggled Dash, kissing her cheek.

Looking to the two, the receptionist rose an eyebrow. “So, I don’t even need to ask. Dash it is, then. Wait here, I shall return with the paperwork.” She took their ID’s and headed to the back room of the enclosure.

The four ponies waited. Or rather, Pinkie and Twilight waited, while the two pegasi walked about the enclosure, pointing at things and laughing. Dash eventually hopped onto the nearby couch in the waiting area, giggling with glee.

“Hee hee! Couch time! It’s so comfy!” She said happily.

“But it’s purple... it doesn’t look good under you... or does it?” Fluttershy asked as she kneeled down beside the couch close to Dash, looking between the two. “Only by twenty percent... Irony.”

Laughing, the cyan pony pulled her onto the couch with her and cuddled close. “You’re so shilly, Fluttershy! So cute!”

Fluttershy pulled away chuckling. “But I don’t wanna be cute! I wanna be... Mrs. Dashie!”

Twilight looked at the two pegasi and laughed at how silly they were before making eye contact Pinkie, grinning a bit as she did. “Hey, Pinks? Can I... can I ask you a quest- er, questions?”

“Mm?” The pink mare regarded her with a curious grin. “Sure, Twilight! Ask away!”

Twilight tried to brace herself a bit against the desk. “First of all, are you drunk too? I kinda can’t tell... and for that matter, how drunk am I?”

Shaking her head, Pinkie brought her foreleg around the lavender mare’s neck, smiling. “Nopey-dopey-lopey! I’m not drunk! I did have a couple of drinks, so I’m just barely tipsy! And you had quite a few drinks, so you’re drunk enough... to be drunk, but you’re still aware of what’s going on, I suppose!”

“So, you’re not drunk, but I’m half drunk... okay.” Twilight repeated in a sluggish manner. “That means you... all right. Um, you said you liked somepony back at our sleepover, right? Would you tell me who? Or maybe why? Or... something?”

Quiet for a few moments, the party pony sighed. She wanted to say more, yet there was that bit in her head telling her not to. At the same time, there was so much in her that Pinkie wanted to just get it out on the table, regardless of how Twilight was going to react. Drunk or not.

“Twi-Twi, if I tell you, you’re going to have to understand that it’s the truth. Okay?”

Twilight nodded her head, smiling just a bit. “All right, just remind me again later too.”

With a smile, Pinkie leaned to her ear. “You, Twilight! I really like you!”

Twilight backed up just a bit, almost in awe in her drunken state, trying to understand what was just said. Her facial expressions went through a wide range of different emotions, but settled on one after a few moments. Slowly, Twilight started to laugh, a bit strangely, but laughing all the same.

“Really? And here I was thinking it was somepony else and I was going crazy...” Twilight tried to get herself to stop, but was having a bit of trouble to do so.

“Oh? Why were you going crazy?” Pinkie asked, glad to see that Twilight was at least taking it well. For now, anyway.

Twilight finally got a hold of her laughter and answered. “You see, I thought you were just being you and acting nice, but really, actually were going out of your way for me! And now I know why... so, it’s funny because it took me getting drunk to find out.”

“No it didn’t, you silly! It took you asking me and, me telling the truth!” Pinkie declared.

“Exactly! I would have never asked if I was drunk!” Twilight corrected her as one of her hooves slipped on what looked like nothing.

“True...” Pinkie said, nudging her lightly. She then saw the receptionist return with the paperwork, and went over to collect it.

“All right, so here’s the document. You’ll find the pastor under the flowery arch you can see in the middle of the garden, you can’t miss it. Standing by are also a camerapony and a photographer. Give the paper to the pastor, he’ll fill it out as required, then come on back and we’ll make the copy. For now, just sign this paper here, so we’ll know where to send the bill. Hoofbands, rings or pendants will be provided on site.”

Nodding, Pinkie signed the paperwork, then took the license and placed it into her saddlebag.

“Thank you, miss!” She said, turning to her pegasi friends. “Okay, Dashie and Flutters, it’s all set! Let’s get you gals married!”

“So it is just like that dream!” Fluttershy yelled suddenly. “I always... always knew you were out pastor, Pinks!”

The statement confused Pinkie, who looked at her with a curious grin. “Silly Flutters, I’m not a pastor! I’m a baker, babysitter and confectioner!”

Fluttershy gave a stern look, or as stern of a look as a giggly, drunk pony could, to Pinkie. “No, no, no, I know how this dreams goes! Don’t try to trick me, brain!”

“Flutters... you can tell us later... I wanna marry you, my sweet butterfly...” Dash cooed sweetly, kissing her cheek. “I’ve wanted this for ages...”

“Okay, then... then let’s get married you silly rainbow!” Fluttershy giggled, trying to stand.

They all made their way out of the enclosure and to the centre of the garden. Sure enough, there was a tall arch, decorated with all kinds of flowers, in front of a lovely view of the garden and its rich splendour. The entire area was surrounded by all kinds of hedges, trees, little ponds, flowers of all kinds, and just made for a very sweet and relaxed atmosphere. A pastor, dressed in typical robes, awaited nearby, while a few other ponies were standing by. A camera pony and a photographer were set up, making sure to capture most angles as they could, while a unicorn jeweler was set up as well. Pinkie had a few words with the pastor, the paperwork was handed over, the camera pony and photographer were appointed to document it and there was just one last thing.

Making their choices, albeit drunkenly, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy opted for wedding pendants. As per tradition, the pendants were to be made in the likeness of their cutie marks. Taking careful study of their marks, the jeweler set to work on getting them ready. At this point, the two pegasi went to stand beneath the arch, before the pastor, as the ceremony began. Pinkie and Twilight sat upon one of the benches, as the proud witnesses of the little wedding.

“Fillies and gentlecolts,” the pastor spoke up, with an amused smile to indicate the irony of this, “we are gathered here today to unite these two young ponies in matrimonial harmony. To be forever bound by the bonds of true love as they embark on this first step in their lives together. Many a thing will occur in these times, but as any working relationship will tell you, it takes great effort to overcome those stormy times. May these two overcome the great perils that will await them, their hearts entwined and minds adjoin. Love is a strong force, meant to surpass and sail along even the greatest of tides. As we move along in this ceremony, the couple has written their own vows, which they will now recite to each other. Miss Dash, you may proceed.”

“Yay... I’m no good at mushy stuff, but I’ll do my best. Okay, here we go,” Rainbow Dash giggled, her wings rising. She blinked, focusing on her wife-to-be, clearing her throat. As her mind relaxed, managing to settle, her magenta eyes seemed to glimmer. There was something about the lighting, the way Fluttershy stood, and a combination of her drunken mind... She smiled brightly, feeling the words come to her mind.

“Fluttershy... You’re really my sweet butterfly... You’ve been there with me most of my life, and I have no idea what I’d do without you. You’re my best friend, heck... you’re my soulmate. I remember, when I first defended your honour, against those jerks who tried to mess with us. I gotta say, best moment of my life back then, since I not only got this baby....” She giggled, indicating to her cutie mark. “But it brought me closer to you than ever. Every Sonic Rainboom I’ve made since then, they were for you, too. You’re my inspiration, my rock, and my greatest support! Everything! I’m just sorry I was an idiot all this time... There’s a ton more I can say, but I can’t think of it... But I love you, Fluttershy... I promise to make up for all this lost time, to be with you and love you until the end of my days. I promise all of that. I know I can’t give you as much as I wish I could, but I hope giving you that promise and all of my love... will be enough. I love you, Fluttershy, and I’m sure glad to make you as my wife... I can think of no other pony than my best friend to be by my side in marriage.”

Fluttershy was silent for a moment, awe stricken by the words. They were beautiful, despite the circumstance in which they were said. She giggly, but could not laugh. She felt touched, but could not smile. She even felt a little sad, but could not cry. It was a confliction she had not felt in some time and just as before, she was silent.

Perhaps, it was this moment, the same thing that had happened to Dash, or her drunken state, maybe even nothing at all, but she spoke. “I’m... I’m not good with stuff like this, I never have been, but I want to be. I want to say all those things I never said, to take back all the words I didn’t mean. I want to say ‘I love you’ every single day, for the rest of my life. I... I want fix all my mistakes, but I can’t... However, I can assure you that our future is better. In this vow, I swear to be a better pony, but not for me, but for you. In this vow, I want to be known that despite all the things I’ve said and done in the past, that I loved you since the day I saw you. I always... always have. Each moment we’re together is the best thing ever and I would never change a thing about it. So, in this vow, I want it to be heard that I will never leave you again... ever. I will always be there to take care of you, to watch over you, to... to love you the way I should have been for all these years...” She paused, a memory of a dream played in her head for a brief moment as a weak smile fell over her lips. “In your eyes alone, I found my home. In your heart, I found my love. In your soul, I found my mate. With you, I’m whole, full, and alive. You make me laugh. You let me cry. You are my breath, every single heartbeat. I am yours and you are mine. Of this, I am certain. You are lodged in my heart and the key is lost. So... you have stayed there, forever...”

“Awwwwwwww!” Pinkie chorused cutely, awed by the adorable displays of true love. Of course, she knew quite well what they truly meant.

Dash felt stunned herself, touched by her sweet words. The circumstances reflected the way she’d spoken her own vows, which she, within her mind, was aware, even if her drunken stupor was affecting her quite a bit. It made her laugh a bit, even smile quite a bit more. Her heart pounded, the blood in her cheeks heated.

The pastor spoke up again, “In the light of these words, if there is one out there who believes these two should not be wed... let them speak now, or forever hold their piece.”

Neither Pinkie nor Twilight spoke a word. But the photographer did sneeze lightly.

“Very well then,” the pastor went on, “may we now have the pendants?”

The jeweler came forward a minute or so later, carrying the pendants on a small cushion in the shape of a heart in her magic. As traditional wedding pendants went, they were made in the likeness of each other’s cutie marks.

“Now then, we shall proceed with the exchange. Miss Dash, take the pendant and repeat after me: With this pendant, I hereby wed you, Fluttershy.”

Nodding, Dash managed to take hold of the pendant bearing her own cutie mark, and smiled brightly. “With this... this pendant, I hereby wed you, Fluttershy,” she said, and gently placed the pendant around the other mare’s neck.

“Miss Fluttershy, the same procedure. Repeat once more after me: With this pendant, I hereby wed you, Rainbow Dash,” said the pastor.

Following in suit, Fluttershy took the remaining pendent. “With this... pendant, I hereby wed you, Rainbow Dash.” She place the pendant around Dash neck carefully, hooves shaking a bit, either from nervousness or drunkenness.

“Tell them to kiss already!” Twilight shouted out of nowhere, startling everypony. She looked over at Pinkie and grabbed her hoof, raising it into the air. “Is it our turn yet?!”

Everypony stared at her, as did Pinkie, who went wide-eyed with shock. She blushed immensely, managing to sit Twilight back down.

“Twi-Twi, shh! It’s a wedding!” Pinkie whispered, hissing lightly.

Twilight rolled her eyes a bit, obviously still intoxicated. “I know that Pinkie, but they’ve been up there for a while now and I want it to be our turn.”

“W-We can... have our turn... later....” Pinkie squeaked, looking around nervously. “Uh... proceed Mr. Pastor, sir!” She managed a big grin.

The pastor chuckled, before moving along, “Well then, with the power invested in me by the city of Las Pegasus.... I now pronounce you wife and wife. Mrs. and Mrs. Dash, you may now kiss.”

With a joyous, even if slightly drunken laugh, Rainbow Dash brought Fluttershy into her hooves and kissed her deeply. But Fluttershy took control as she twirled them around and dipped Dash back. Pinkie and Twilight clapped with glee, cheering and whistling. Rice and birdseed were tossed into the air as the couple sealed their marriage.

“WOOHOO! Go Flutters and Dashie!” Pinkie squealed.

Moments later, they parted, pulling away and laughing a bit.

After parting, Fluttershy giggled, still holding Rainbow Dash close to her. “That’s Mrs. Fluttershy Dashie, if you will.”

“Sure thing, my Mrs. Dash...” Rainbow cooed, bright-eyed with a big smile.


Behind the curtains of the hotel room’s large window, the sun shone brightly with its morning light. Tangled up together in the sheets of the bed were Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, haphazardly cuddled up. The alarm clock on the bedside table read 10:36 AM, a clear indication of them having been up to things late into the night before. Sure enough, they even looked it. Their manes were a mess and even the fine hairs of their coat were ruffled.

Blissfully unaware of last night’s events, at least for now, Rainbow Dash slowly woke up as she was roused from her slumber. She yawned, just barely opening her eyes as she felt a very tight but warm grip around her body. When opening her eyes, within the dark dimness of the room, she could see a head of pink hair.

“Hey, Fluttershy,” she whispered tiredly, kissing her forehead.

Carefully, so as not to disturb her, Dash worked to try to disentangle herself from the yellow mare’s grip, only for Fluttershy to keep holding her tighter every time she tried. Try as she may, the yellow pony was just not letting her go.

“Okay, okay... I’ll stay in bed with you, Flutters...” Dash said, yawning a bit as she cuddled into her.

The two lay there for quite some time, wrapped in one another’s embrace. Eventually, Fluttershy started to toss a bit in her sleep, snuggling against Rainbow Dash’s chest and letting out a soft sigh. Slowly, she started to lift her head up, looking about the room before her eyes laid upon her lover.

“Oh... hey.” Fluttershy cooed sweetly, trying to brush away a few strands of hair from her eyes.

Chuckling, Dash kissed her lightly and nuzzled their noses, “Hey. G’morning, Fluttershy. You sleep all right?”

Yawning, Fluttershy laid her head down on top of a nearby pillow. “Yeah... better than I have been for a while now.”

“Mm, me too... Guess our drinks wore off faster than I thought...” Dash yawned a bit, propping up on her foreleg. “I sure feel a bit sore, though. Eh, nothing I can’t handle. Bet last night was awesome, if it could leave me sore like that!”

Within the dim light, she caught sight of something gold and shiny around Fluttershy’s neck, and smiled.

“Hey, what’s that around your neck?”

Fluttershy looked down at the odd pendant around her neck, tapping lightly. “I have... no idea. Heh, it kinda looks a-” she stopped, staring at Dash, and more, the pendant around her neck as well. “Oh dear Luna...”

“W-What?” Dash sat up then, looking concerned. “What’s wrong, Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy reached over and grabbed the pendant around Dash’s neck, lifting it up just enough for her to see it. “You see this? Is this what I think it is? Please, tell me I’m still drunk and this is not what I think it is...”

“It looks like a necklace of-hey! That’s my cutie mark!” Rainbow Dash realized, and looked at her own necklace. “This is yours... Fluttershy’s... But why would we be wearing necklaces of each other’s cutie marks? We’d have to be-.... oh no… Last night wasn’t a dream?!” Her eyes went wide with horror.

Fluttershy gave her a mirrored looked, fear completely overcoming her. “I bucking told you! Thirteenth motherbucking floor! We are soooo screwed!”

“Never mind that! We were drunk and we... got married! MARRIED!!!” Dash cried, grabbing her head.

She then caught sight of some things over on the desk, which she flew over to see. Sure enough, sitting there was a marriage license, officiated and all. Next to it was a tape labeled Rainbow Dash & Fluttershy Wedding Video, along with a mini photo album issued by the Zen Gardens for Weddings.

“Oh my gosh...!”

“Well you two please shut up...” The voice that echoed from across the room was that of Twilight Sparkle herself, suffering from a mild hangover. “My head hurts so bad right now.”

Pinkie poked her head in the room as she opened the door. “Hi, girls!” She whispered. “How are you two newlyweds doing?”

“You know about this!?” Fluttershy shouted in a frenzy, holding up her wedding pendant.

“Of course I do, silly! Twilight and I were your witnesses!” Pinkie giggled, then held a hoof to her lips. “But shhh! You have to be quiet! Twi-Twi’s got a headache from her hangover!”

“You WHAT?!” Fluttershy scream so loud, even Rainbow Dash jumped back a bit. “You knew we were about to do this and you LET IT HAPPEN?!”

Sighing, Pinkie closed the door, and nodded. She faced the two with a serious, but kind smile.

“Yes. We weren’t going to interfere with you two. And anytime I or Twilight tried, you resisted and continued to insist. You were both quite drunk, making silly decisions, yet still somewhat aware. I guess maybe, we may have been wrong to think that you truly knew what you were doing or would at least remember it,” she said. “But as you two can see, you’re both legally married, now. This will be a shock, but you just have to relax and take it in. Now, I’m going to go make Twilight feel better from her headache. You two sit tight and PLEASE try to be quiet!”

Pinkie exited to the other room without another word, not waiting for a response.

Fluttershy just stood there, shaking, slowly trying to calm herself down. She was mad, but knew that Pinkie Pie had a point. There was really nothing she could say or do in this moment in time that would make a difference to what happened the night before. Emotionally and mentally defeated, the yellow mare sat back down on the bed in silence.

“...Fluttershy?” Dash said, her voice soft, almost meek. “I-I’m sorry... about all that... I-I feel like I’m responsible for it... And I... didn’t mean for this to happen, at least not like this... If you’re... well, really that unhappy about this... I won’t stop us g-getting this annulled. I don’t want you feeling like this while you’re here... Still, I’m just... really sorry about it... The last thing I wanted to do... was ruin things for you.”

Fluttershy looked over at her with a sad expression, shaking her head. “You didn’t ruin anything, I just... I guess, it was just, this wasn’t how I thought I’d get married. I can’t really say I’m ‘unhappy,’ ‘cause that’s a lie. I know I love you and all, but...” She paused, looking back up at Rainbow Dash and seeing her face the way it was. Something about it made her yearn for home, her real home. The life she had before all this. “But as wonderful as everything is, how nice this place is I... I wanna go home. I miss everyone I used to hang out with. I miss my cottage. And I miss my Rainbow Dash... As much as I know we’ve talked about this before, I... I want to make things right and...” A few tears began to fall down her face.

Her heart breaking, Rainbow Dash felt tears of her own falling down her face, too. She brought her forelegs around the vulnerable pegasus, holding her close and kissing her tears.

“I can see why you feel that way, Fluttershy... I don’t quite know how it feels, maybe I never will, but I don’t blame ya. I can see why you miss your old life... and your Rainbow Dash...” Dash murmured, stroking her mane comfortingly. “I-I miss my Fluttershy, too... I know I love you, I’m always gonna love you and I’ll never forget you... I guess I kinda thought things would be different,” she sniffled, squeezing her tighter. “I’m just sorry you had to be dragged into this. It’s worth it since we got to meet, but then again, it took pulling you away from your life to get it. I hope whatever happens, you’ll be happy... and that we’ll find a way to get you back home.”

Fluttershy just felt her body go limp, she just felt so weak and helpless. “Oh... Rainbow Dash, i-it’s not your place to take care of me. I-I can’t ask you to do that... A-And you never dragged me into a-anything. I just... Dashie, I don’t know what to do...”

Holding her closer to support her, Dash kissed her forehead, “I know I don’t have to, and it isn’t my place. But I want to help you, I’m not gonna turn my back on you. Trust me, I don’t know what to do, either... But I’ll be here for you, don’t you worry.”

For one second, it almost felt like it was her Fluttershy, but she knew better than to dwell on that.

“I’ve been nothing but a burden o-on everypony since I got here... I-I even took advantage of you too, just to act out some silly fantasy of mine. I s-shouldn’t even be crying right now... I’m just... I d-don’t deserve to have anypony be there for me...” Fluttershy’s voice wore on, weak, soft, heartbroken. Even her crying was softer, gentler.

“Hey, hey... shh...” Rainbow Dash soothed, gently rocking her back and forth. “You didn’t take advantage of me. I wanted it, too. It was mutual. I don’t regret it. You haven’t been a burden, none of this was your fault, none of it. You can think what you want, but you’re not driving me away. I’m gonna help you through this, and we’re gonna find a way to get you back home. We’re not turning our backs on you. Friends don’t do that. And you’re our friend. I’m the Element of Loyalty, and I don’t leave my friends hanging.”

Fluttershy pulled away gently, meeting Dash’s with tears in her eyes. “If you’re the Element of Loyalty... then what am I...?”

“...What do you mean? You’re not the Element of Kindness, like Fluttershy?” Dash asked, puzzled.

Fluttershy shook her head, “no... I-I was the Element of Loyalty in my reality... So, w-what am I here? Do I even really matter?”

Dash frowned, uncertain about that. “I... don’t know, actually. So, there’s two Elements of Loyalty now, and the Element of Kindness is gone. Does it matter? I have no freaking clue. I guess Twilight might actually know that better.”

Fluttershy rested her head against Rainbow Dash, feeling even more lost than before. “I’m scared... What if I never get to go home? W-What if I don’t even exist here? I... I... Please, don’t leave me alone, Dashie... please...”

Crying more herself, but staying as strong as she possibly could, Rainbow Dash held her and stroked her mane some more. She kissed her wife's forehead sweetly, applying a couple more just for good measure.

“I promise, Flutters. I promise I’m not going to leave you alone. Never. I’ll never leave you. You’re not alone. You're my wife now, and I'm not taking those marriage vows lightly.” Dash whispered softly.

Author's Note:

You saw it, folks! Rainbow Dash and Flutterdash end up getting married! Oh, snap! Just when you thought maybe the gentler half would've done so, but nope!

I don't normally like to bring in ponies drinking, but I figured to play with the idea. And the last thing I wanted to do is play up to The Hangover. Which is now the same movie over and over and over again...

Sorry...^^; Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it!