• Published 2nd Jul 2013
  • 5,402 Views, 225 Comments

Two Hearts, Fall Apart - NintendoGal55



Fluttershy switches realities with an alternate Fluttershy while Twilight has to find a way to switch them back

  • ...
18
 225
 5,402

Alternate 4: Say You Love Me... Just For Now

“All right, Fluttershy. Next question: do you know the spell flux type?” Pinkamena asked with a small smile on her lips. She stood in front of Fluttershy in the kitchen with Twilight standing beside her with a notepad and pen hovering in a magic field nearby.

“Um.... not entirely, but I know Twilight does... Um... she’d be able to explain it better...” Fluttershy responded, a bit nervous.

Pinkamena shook her head as she explained. “No, no, it’s quite fine. The flux type is just a fancy way of asking if the spell forced a color change in the natural magic’s energy flow. In example, if Twilight here cast a spell naturally, it has a purple aura. However, certain spells, such as spells from books or non-natural spells, would change the color of this aura.”

“....Really? I... didn’t know that...” Fluttershy murmured, shaking her head. “I just... knew that the colour of magic differed from unicorn to unicorn...”

“Most ponies don’t. It’s not necessarily common knowledge.” Pinkamena said gently, careful to make sure her tone was calming. “So, do you remember if this occurred, or no?”

“...Not really, I had my eyes closed the entire time... Twilight told Pinkie and I not to move, and to focus on a single train of thought as best we could. I didn’t see what Twilight’s magic was doing,” Fluttershy said, biting her lip.

Pinkamena nodded, then gestured for Twilight to take note of what was just said. “I see. So, tell me... What was your single train of thought?”

“...I was thinking about... how Rainbow Dash... that is, my Rainbow... had reacted... earlier on...” The creamy yellow mare looked down at the floor. “Before I went to Twilight’s, I was spending time with her while she finished her weather duties, set up for a storm, and did some tricks. She came down, and we... um.... well....” She blushed, unsure about telling the story. “Some... things happened, and after Pinkie caught us... she was embarrassed, and said... said as if she’d ever... let what happened actually happen and ran off... Then Pinkie brought me back to the library, Twilight told us about the spell, and then it happened. All I was thinking about was how... upset I was at Rainbow’s embarrassment cover... like she... just couldn’t be honest, couldn’t herself...”

Twilight continued to write down every word said while Pinkamena pushed forward with her questions. “Are you sure that was it? There were no other thoughts? If not, how did this affect your emotional state?”

The shy pony hesitated, before meeting Pinkamena’s kind cerulean eyes. “Well, yes, there were other thoughts, but they didn’t quite interfere. Um... my emotional state? I felt... confused, a little sad, upset, and just... well, at the end of my rope. I wanted to stop hiding, I wanted us to talk, to finally get it all out on the table...”

Pinkamena met her stare with one of her own, a concerned look on her face. “I see... Now, Fluttershy, I know these other thoughts might have seemed trivial, but I need to know. Just what were these thoughts?”

Closing her eyes, Fluttershy took a breath, trying to recall what she’d been thinking of. Everything just about came back to her, reminding her of what she’d been feeling.

‘Oh, Rainbow Dash... I knew that she would be my one thought, she always is... but... why does she have to be so... closed off? Why can’t she let me see her soft side? We’ve known one another since we were fillies, so... is it really too much to ask for? I want to believe that she really does care about me... that she loves me the way I love her, but... Why won’t she try? Oh, Rainbow... Why are you so... so... distant with me? Why can’t you just drop your mask just a little bit for me...? I want to be there for you... to love you... so why won’t you let me?’

“I... I...” Fluttershy mumbled, opening her eyes again, blushing. “I... I just... I wanted...”

Pinkamena read Fluttershy’s face easily. “You wanted gentler Rainbow Dash, is that correct? I assume that, considering how you act and from what you’ve told us of the others from your reality, that your Rainbow Dash was much like our Fluttershy.” She looked at the timid mare with a sad smile. “Is... that correct?”

“....Yes! Yes it was! I just wanted Rainbow to be open and honest with me, like she can be!” Fluttershy burst, tears in her eyes. “And thanks to my own selfish thoughts, I payed the price... and now I’ve possibly lost her forever! I’ve lost my entire world forever...!”

She trembled, nearly falling over, hugging herself.

‘But I can’t just leave here... not after what I said... to make this Rainbow sad...’

Pinkamena moved over to her side and pulled Fluttershy into a gentle hug. “Now, now, hope is not lost. I’m sure from what you’ve told me, we can find out exactly what happened and send you home. It might take some time, it will be tiresome, and the answers won’t come easily, but I promise you, we will get you home.” She pulled away slightly and smiled a bit. “And you shouldn’t fret. I assure you, this reality is quite nice and you are with friends. Albeit, we are somewhat different from those you are used to, we do care.”

Sniffling, Fluttershy managed a small smile at Pinkamena’s words. They were kind, sincere, and she felt a bit better. She believed her, she could see they truly cared, and wanted to help. It was all she could even ask for, and at least she was in good hooves. The environment was, so far, very familiar and not unlike what it was back home. Just with a bit of different makeup here and there.

“...Thank you, Pinkie-sorry... Pinkamena.... I really appreciate that, thank you... thank you very much....” Fluttershy murmured, wiping her eyes. “I’ll be fine... I don’t feel scared... It’s just... going to take getting used to.”

“Uh-huh! You’re gonna be just fine with us, Flutters!” Twilight promised, grinning. “We’re here for you!”

“Twilight is absolutely right!” Pinkamena said in agreement. “You’ll be fine. If you wanted, now that the weather seems to have died down some outside, we could show you home, or around the town if needed. We’ll keep it slow and peaceful for you. After we have you relaxed, Twilight and I will go over our notes and start to research the topic best we can.”

“Okay...” Fluttershy said, sniffling. “Um... yes, I’d like to see where I live. I suppose I can... try to get myself settled around here. Um... on the way, you can show me around and-” A thought occurred to her. “...Where does Rainbow Dash live?”

“Ooh, that’s easy! She lives in this beautiful, majestic cloud house right near town! It’s a little high, but still low, and there’s always some animals running around the place!” Twilight said, pointing out the window. “It’s amazing, really! I think you’ll love it, Flutters!”

Pinkamena nodded in agreement. “It truly was an engineering feat, if I do say so myself. I was requested to create the paneling on the floors for the animals that stay within her home and was asked to create a few internal habits for a few. All in all, it’s a zoologist paradise. If your ideal paradise involves floating forty-five feet in the air, that is.”

All at once, Fluttershy’s ears perked as her smile grew. Now that sounded like her kind of home! “Ooohh! Well, I’ll certainly have to drop by her home later, then... Sounds... like a plan to me...”

Pinkamena chuckled a bit. “Very well then. If you don’t mind, we are going to be showing you about town. May I suggest Applejack’s boutique first? I have something rather... important to pick up from her today. If you don’t mind that is.”

“No, I don’t mind...” Fluttershy said. ‘Applejack. Working at the boutique... liking the... fancier things in life? ...I have to admit, this is something I gotta see.’

“So be it then. Twilight,” Pinkamena called over to her marefriend, “care to gather my saddle bag?”

“Absolutely, m’lady!” Twilight said, bowing dramatically before she skipped off to get the requested item.

Fluttershy watched after her, amused. “I thought she was the Princess....” She giggled.

Pinkamena tried to suppress a giggle. “Oh, she is, but she refuses to be treated like one. I’ve tried a few times. It seems to make her sad to see others go out of their way for her... I’ve yet to understand why, but she likes to see others happy over herself. I theorize that she may find joy in others happiness... It’s rather sweet, actually.” She sighed quietly. “It’s no wonder she became the Element of Laughter.”

‘Twilight... is the Element of Laughter?!’ Fluttershy thought, wide-eyed. “I.... ooh... wow.... I see. That’s very different... Where I come from, she’s... just like you... and um... the Element of Magic, actually.”

Pinkamena looked over to Fluttershy with a look of mild shock, but smiled regardless. “I see... Here, it’s very much the opposite. I am surprised by this, but I think I can understand. For now, just know, I am the Element of Magic. If it comes down to it or if you really must know, I’ll explain... but it is a rather long story.”

Now, that was interesting to say the least. Fluttershy gave a nod, definitely keeping a mental note to ask about that later. For now, Twilight returned with Pinkamena’s saddlebags, using her magic to levitate them onto her back.

“Here you go, Pinkie!” Twilight cooed, nuzzling her. “Let’s be on our way!”

“Agreed.” Pinkamena said back returning the nuzzle before looking back to the yellow pegasus.. “You’re in for quite the treat, Fluttershy. This should be quite the learning experience for you.”

“Um... all right,” Fluttershy said, shrugging a bit.

XXXX

The trio walked around Ponyville, with Pinkamena and Twilight showing Fluttershy around the place. As the creamy yellow mare noted, not much was too different about this world’s Ponyville. Aside maybe from some minor structure or cosmetic changes, there wasn’t anything all too drastically different. She probably wouldn’t have even realized too much if she hadn’t known this wasn’t the Ponyville she was from.

As said, they went to what was now Applejack’s boutique, which had a surprising change of its own. Instead of a glamorous, carousel-look to it, giving its name, there was an apple theme to it. It retained a sort of roundness, mostly red, like an apple. The accent colours were white and gold, making it seem less like a big red ball and more like an eye-catching home/business establishment. A sign above the door read:

Apple Boutique

“...So... this is it?” Fluttershy spoke up, taking in the place.

Twilight giggled a bit at this. “If not, then this is weirdest looking apple stand ever!”

“Sadly, Twilight does have a point.” Pinkamena tried not to laugh. “This is the place, Fluttershy.”

Brushing off that they were subtly making fun of her, Fluttershy approached the shop, peering inside through the door. She couldn’t see much, due to the reflective light, but caught sight of something moving around inside. Twilight used her magic, opening the door, and allowing them to go in, which they did.

“Applejack? Are you busy at the moment?” Pinkamena called out into the store. “We have a few things we wish to discuss with you!”

“Comiiiinnngg!” A sweet, singsong voice sounded from a nearby closet.

Turning back to Fluttershy, Pinkamena grinned as she spoke. “So, Fluttershy, what’s the Applejack from your reality like?”

“...Um... well, she and her family run an apple farm, Sweet Apple Acres. She’s a farmer, an expert in apple bucking, very fast on her hooves, participates in rodeos... On top of that, she’s very reliable, helpful, fun, outgoing and very honest,” Fluttershy said.

Before either of them could answer, out came the orange earth pony. Or, so it seemed. This Applejack was completely different, at least in terms of her style. Her hair was down, free from its usual scrunchies. The pale blonde locks were in long, dangly curls, falling on either side of her face. On her head was not her stetson hat, but a French beret. A red one, like an apple. She wore light but enhancing makeup, even concealer to hide her freckles. On her nose was a pair of reading glasses, around her neck was a measuring tape, and she carried a saddlebag of sewing supplies on her back.

Her normally toned and muscled body was now more slender, with barely much meat at all, but still in very good shape.

Fluttershy was utterly awestruck by this. Applejack... was just like Rarity. It would be hilariously comical if not the for the situation at hoof.

“Hellooooo!” Applejack drawled in the slightest hint of her regular accent, covered up by what appeared to be a fake Manehattan accent. “Why, Fluttershy! What did you do to your hair?!”

“Um...” Fluttershy looked to Pinkamena for help.

“Well, you see, Applejack, that was part of what we were hoping to discuss with you.” Pinkamena said flatly. “Quite a few things have happened and I believe that you should be brought into the light about it. You see-”

“You’re wearing extensions?! As I’d been telling you for ages, dear!” Applejack interrupted. “You must be, there’s no way your hair grows overnight, considering how short it used to be!”

Pinkamena resisted the sudden urge to facehoof. “Twilight, please keep Fluttershy company as I explain the situation at hoof to our friend here.” She walked over to Applejack and motioned for her to step out for a brief moment.

“All right, we shall discuss this in the back room!” Said the fashion pony, leading Pinkamena away.

“...Wow...” Fluttershy mumbled, coughing into her hoof.

“What’s a matter, Flutters?” Twilight said with a bright smile. “You’re not getting sudden space-time sickness, are you? Ooh! If you are, I think Pinkamena might have something for that! She has stuff for colds, the flu, the measles, pony pox, air sickness, sea sickness, being allergic to the color purple...”

Shaking her head, the timid pony smiled and tried to shush her, “No, no. I’m fine, Twilight. Thank you.”

Twilight shook her head in understanding. “Okay, Flutters. Then, if you’re feeling all sicky-icky, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong!” Fluttershy protested, looking around her in the boutique. Everything about it was fairly the same, aside from the change in decor. “I’m just... amazed, that’s all.”

“Oh! Well, why didn’t you just say so, silly!” Twilight giggled as she playful stuck out her tongue. “Yeah, it is really nice in here isn’t it?”

Fluttershy nodded, taking in the place again, before sitting on her haunches. “Yes, of course. Um... Twilight... could... I ask you something?”

“Sure ya can, Flutter-Butter!” Twilight chimed with glee.

“...Flutter-Butter...?” Fluttershy repeated, but waved it off for now. “Never mind. Um... I was wondering some things about... this world’s Rainbow Dash. I mean, I can tell she... behaves differently than I know, and seems to have a different kind of job... But um... what else is there? What’s she like? ...What does she like? What doesn’t she like?”

Twilight placed a hoof on her chin. “Hmm... well... I guess the easiest way to say it would be... Since you’re Rainbow Dash sounds like our Fluttershy, then our Rainbow Dash would probably be like you!” She beamed. “She’s real quiet and calm. Oh, and shy. She likes animals and going to the spa with Applejack, too! Um, she likes reading romance novels, I think... and she likes the colors pink and yellow!” Twilight pointed at the back room. “I think you should ask Applejack about it! She spends more time with her than I do, but not as much as our Fluttershy! So, you should ask her, too, if ya can.”

Despite that the information was vague, it did still help. Clearly this world’s Rainbow Dash was just like herself, and seemed to do some of the same things she did. She made a note to talk to Applejack a bit, but of course she knew what she really had to do. Talk to Rainbow Dash herself.

“Okay, thank you... Um, I wondered... does... your Fluttershy... love her back?” She asked, her voice worried.

Twilight blinked. Then again. She stared at Fluttershy with a curious expression. She opened her mouth a few times, but no words really came out.

“Well...” Finally Twilight spoke, “I really don’t know... Our Fluttershy can be a little on the, um, rough side of things and she doesn’t really seem to like lovey-dovey anything. She can be protective of Rainbow, but she acts like it bothers her to sometimes... So, I really don’t know.” She gave a fake smile, hoping that her answer was okay.

“...Oh...”

‘Poor Rainbow... That’s almost similar to what my relationship with my Rainbow is... Perhaps a few different details of course. Then again... Rainbow only complained about protecting me when she thought it made her look weak... In truth, she always defended my honour... with no hesitation.’

“Well... I suppose she just... wears a mask all the time...” Fluttershy murmured thoughtfully. “And it can be hard to express herself. I... guess that’s why Rainbow was nervous around me... Oh, but don’t worry. I’m going to make her happy... if I can... I know I’m not her Fluttershy, but I will be there for her...”

Twilight flashed was wild smile. “Oh, I know that! You’re just too sweet, like you were born in a barrel of sugar! But don’t worry too much about Rainbow Dash. She may be sensitive and all that, but she’s not a porcelain doll! She can be tough when she needs to be!”

A giggle escaped the timid pegasus, knowing that kind of feeling all too well. “I believe it. Me too. Well... when we’re done here, I want to-”

“WHAT?!” A loud cry came from back as Applejack hastily trotted over, fake accent losing its edge over her southern drawl. “You... Yer... And ya ain’t...?!”

Pinkamena followed suit, right on her trail. “Applejack, what did I just say about staying calm?!”

Twilight intervened, bringing a foreleg around Applejack’s shoulders. “It’s okay, Applejackie! We all know what’s going on! ...Well, almost...! But it’s okay! Flutters is nice! Really sweet, like Dashie!”

Applejack shook the alicorn off and continued until she was almost eye to eye with Fluttershy. “Ah’m well... I’m well aware of that...!” She snorted. She scanned over the now trembling mare before her. “So... Yer... You’re not our Fluttershy...?! You’re... different? Yes, physically speaking, you are much softer than her... and you’re well kept...” She looked up and down the pegasus with a look that Fluttershy could not place. “Yer... You... Tell meh... How do you act? Are you anything like that hooligan?! What’s your likes? Dislikes? Speak.”

Twilight snickered, nudging Fluttershy lightly. This made the yellow mare smile, especially since Applejack was now using her normal accent, giving her some familiarity.

“Well... um, I’ve been told that I’m very much like Rainbow Dash... Um, back home... I spend a lot of time with Rarity... who is just like you, Applejack. I sometimes model for her clothes, I help her with making them on occasion, I go to the spa with her, and sometimes we get our hair done... Um, for my... likes? I... well, like vegetables, breads, sweets, oats and hay, I love flowers.... I really love animals, I care for them all the time... Dislikes? Um... I’m scared of dragons... I also don’t like when ponies are mean....” Fluttershy said nervously, but managing to smile.

Applejack stared at her with an intense look. Almost instantaneously, her expression changed to the most wonderstruck look possible. She rushed over and bear-hugged the shy mare, shouting.

“Yeehaw! That there pain in mah side is gone and Ah I get this here angel as ‘er replacement!? Oh sweet Luna, thank ya!” Applejack tighten her grip. “Ya go to the spa! Y'all's all calm and stuff! And ya don’t crash into mah store! Yes! Yes! Yes! PLEASE tell meh y'all's stayin’!!!”

“Eee!” Fluttershy squealed with surprise, trying to free herself. “Can’t... breathe!”

“Flutters is going to stay with us for a while, Applejackie!” Said Twilight, bouncing on the spot. “We have to figure out how to send her back to her world and bring our Fluttershy back! But for now, she’s here to stay! Now you, Dashie and Flutters can go to the spa together!”

‘Oooh! I’ve always wanted to go to the spa with Rainbow!’ Fluttershy thought, a dreamy smile overcoming her face. ‘I wonder if Rainbow will let me massage her and preen her wings...’

“Oh, this here is wonderful! Ah’ll get to finally put a dress on yer- send her home!?” Applejack pulled away from the hug, shocked once more. “Why?! This one is here is a little darling! Why in the name of Luna would ya want to get rid of this angel of a pegasus?!”

Pinkamena sighed once more as she facehoofed. “I’ve already been through this with you, Applejack... We have to get her home to restore the proper balance to ours and their reality.”

Applejack tore her vision between Fluttershy and Pinkamena, almost pouting. “Ah... But... This one is so much better!

“Now, now, Applejackie, that’s not true! They’re both Fluttershy and they’re wonderful!” Twilight said, shaking her head. “But we’re going to have funsies, anyway!”

Before Applejack could respond, the shop’s door opened, and in walked Rainbow Dash. Despite how calm and collected she seemed, her eyes were bloodshot and puffy, as if tired or teary.

Applejack cleared her throat, doing her best to hide her accent once more. “Darlin’ what’s wrong? You look rather upset...”

“AJ, I-” This was when the cyan pegasus took notice of the other three ponies in the room. “O-Oh, hi, girls... I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt. I’ll just come back later...”

Feeling her heart seize, Fluttershy reached out toward her. “Rainbow, wait... please don’t go.”

Rainbow Dash froze at hearing Fluttershy’s voice. “But... I thought... you...”

“...You thought I what...?” The creamy yellow pegasus approached her slowly.

“I-I thought..” Rainbow backed away a small bit, but found herself unable to move once more. “I thought that you... wouldn’t have wanted to see me...”

The words made her body go numb and her heart sink, most especially when Fluttershy met those sad cerise eyes. She bit her lip, unsure how to follow that up, yet feeling guilty for having given her that idea.

Before Fluttershy could think, she rushed over to the distraught pony, bringing her forelegs around her in a tight hug. She nuzzled into her neck, comforting her and stroking her back.

Never... Of course I want to see you, Rainbow... I’m so sorry...” Fluttershy said softly, fighting back tears of her own. “I was just shocked and scared about what had happened... it had nothing to do with you... I’m sorry if I made you feel that way.”

“You... You really wanted to see me again? Even though... I’m not the Rainbow Dash you know? You still wanted to see me? Even after... earlier?” Rainbow tried to ask without crying.

Smiling warmly, despite the tears in her eyes, Fluttershy lifted her head a bit to meet the other mare’s gaze. “I did, Dashie... I wanted to see you again. I didn’t mean to make it sound like I didn’t. But I do... while I’m here, I’d be happy to spend time with you... If you’re okay with that...”

The other three ponies watched intently as the two pegasi seemed to pretty much forget that they were there. Twilight especially nudged her earth pony friends, whispering.

“We should leave them alone, they’re having a super sweet moment!”

Pinkamena nodded. “Agreed.”

“But... I wanna see how this plays out!” Applejack pouted a bit. “This just like in the romance novel Deux Coeurs, S'effondrer!

Twilight blinked, confused. “Hootie-hattie-what-now?!”

Pinkamena sighed, irritated. “It’s an old Prance novel, roughly written fifty years ago... It was horribly cliché. But that’s irrelevant... Help me drag her off before...” She stopped and noticed how Applejack was almost as engrossed in the moment as the two pegasi. “Never mind, just help me.”

Nodding, the alicorn used her magic to surround the intrigued earth pony, proceeding to levitate her away. This, of course, caused Applejack to struggle, trying to free herself, while Twilight and Pinkamena headed upstairs to give the two pegasi some privacy.

Rainbow Dash cuddled back gently. “Of course I would love- like you to spend time with me...”

Giggling, Fluttershy nuzzled her. “Yay! It’d be lovely... and um... I heard that you like going to the spa, don’t you?” Her eyes twinkled. “Perhaps we can go together sometime....?”

Rainbow stared at her blankly. ‘She actually wouldn’t mind doing that with me? My Fluttershy would never even consider going to the spa with me... But this Fluttershy seems so... nice. She acts like she really cares about me...'

“Oh, yes...” Rainbow Dash blushed a bit shyly. “But do you mean with Applejack and me... or just us?”

Fluttershy smiled brightly. “Well, it’d be nice if the three of us could go together, of course. And...” She leaned a bit closer, her voice lowering to a soft whisper. “I love going to the spa... and I’d sure love to go with you, just the two of us...”

Rainbow felt her cheeks heat up as she tried to answer. “Y-You would? That would be really nice! Oh, um... if we did, could I maybe preen your wings...?”

“Ooh!” The creamy yellow pegasus blushed, nodding as she smiled, “Yes, of course... I’d love that. Hee... I was thinking the same thing. Preening your wings too, I mean...”

“Really?” Rainbow Dash picked up her head a bit. “That would be really nice. And we could take turns... and cuddle... a-and...” She started to daydream aloud.

A soft, warm smile overcame Fluttershy’s face, holding her timid lover close to her. “Mm? And what, Dashie? You can tell me...” She nuzzled their noses.

Rainbow Dash blushed even more. “A-And we... We could... Never mind, it’s silly...”

“Nooo... tell me!” Fluttershy giggled, smiling more. “Nothing you think of could possibly be silly. And even if it is... I don’t mind. We can be silly together if we want. If we have fun, enjoying it together... what’s wrong with it being silly? Come on, tell me, pretty Dashie...”

Rainbow Dash shyly looked away before meeting Fluttershy gaze, with a look of adoration. “Can we... no... Can I kiss you, Fluttershy?”

A soft blush tinted the yellow pony’s cheeks, but she smiled more and nodded. “Of course, Rainbow... I’d love to kiss you, too. We’ll definitely kiss...” She nuzzled their noses again, giggling.

The two met gazes, both of them smiling, eyes locking. Right then, Rainbow leaned in, and touched her lips to Fluttershy’s in a gentle kiss.

‘I’ve always wanted to do this...’ Rainbow Dash thought to herself as she wrapped her forelegs around Fluttershy’s waist. Her wings flared up as she leaned forward ever so slightly.

Though she was taken aback by the sudden kiss, Fluttershy couldn’t help but melt. If the kiss with her Rainbow Dash from earlier was wonderful, this just about surpassed it. Sweet, soft, gentle, warm, and loving. No holding back any tenderness, just letting it out, but gently. She brought a hoof to Rainbow’s cheek, gently caressing it, while her other hoof stroked the back of her head.

‘Oh, Dashie... You’re a sweet kisser... You’re making it so hard for me to leave you... I’m going to get so attached to you... Never mind, no... I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. For now... I’m just going to love her... my pretty Rainbow... my little Dashie...’ Fluttershy thought, returning the kiss with as much tender sweetness.

Rainbow Dash lifted a hoof up and began to stroke Fluttershy’s long pink mane. ‘Oh... Wow... She’s kissing me back. She’s really kissing me back... I used to dream about Fluttershy finally understanding how I feel about her and now... I know this isn’t my Fluttershy, but... is it wrong I like this? Is it wrong I still feel this attraction to her? I... I don’t care right now... This moment is perfect and... I want this...’ She began to push into the kiss ever so gently.

‘No... no... this is wrong... I can’t... I’m not her Fluttershy... just as she’s not my Rainbow Dash. Are we taking advantage of each other...? But I can’t ignore this feeling.... I’m attracted to her... I want this... I want her. I want her! Is it wrong that I like this? Is it wrong... that I want her?’ Fluttershy thought, her hold tightening on the cyan mare. ‘No... I’ll see this as it comes... For now, I’m going to love her... even if it’s more for her than for me... I’ll make her happy... I’m going to make her feel loved...’

She applied gentle pressure into their kiss, emitting a soft coo between their lips.

Moments later, the two pegasi parted, albeit reluctantly. Regardless, they smiled at one another, blushing immensely. Fluttershy giggled, laying their foreheads together.

“You’re a wonderful kisser, Dashie...” She said sweetly, kissing her nose.

“I-I’m sorry about that...” Rainbow Dash looked away nervously as she started to rub the back of her head. “That wasn’t right for me to do that... Sorry.”

Shaking her head, Fluttershy took hold of Rainbow’s cheeks, gently turning her gaze back to her. In doing so, she kissed her, gently and sweetly. While it lasted a bit shorter than their first, it was no less tender and loving. She pulled away after a few moments, gazing at her with a sweet smile.

“Don’t apologize... I loved every second of it, and I know you did, too... I don’t regret it, Rainbow. Do you?” Fluttershy whispered.

“No... No, I don’t... I just...” Rainbow Dash held her tears at bay. “I just don’t wanna lose you again. I mean, I know that you’re not the same Fluttershy I know... and I’m not the same Rainbow you knew, but... I just don’t wanna be alone...”

It was too much. Tears pooled in her eyes, to which Fluttershy held the cyan pony closer, as if she were afraid they’d disappear from each other. She realized Rainbow was right, that she herself was feeling the same thing. It was all too true, neither of them being the same pony they knew, and that losing each other would be worse. Especially if they were too attached. The inevitable loss and pain would be hard on them...

Nonetheless, the last thing Fluttershy wanted to do was turn her back on her. She couldn’t bear to just leave her. Not like this.

“You’re not alone...” Fluttershy whispered to her, her voice breaking with emotion. “You’re not my Rainbow Dash... and I’m not your Fluttershy... I know this... And I know I can never replace her... nor would I try... and I know you can’t replace the Rainbow I know... but...” She cuddled the other timid mare close. “As long as I’m here, I want to be with you... there... may even... be a chance I’ll be staying here forever. If that happens... at least we’ll have each other... I know it isn’t right... But I... I can’t just leave you now... not like this... not unless you truly want me to... I love you...” She whispered, tears pouring down her cheeks.

There were those words again. Those three simple words that struck more emotion than any single moment, event, or phase could ever express. She loved her. Rainbow Dash could not understand it, but something told her that it was the truth. That it was okay.

All at once the cyan mare collapsed into Fluttershy, crying as she did so. “Please don’t leave, Fluttershy! Please... please stay! I-I don’t want you to go!” She nuzzled into Fluttershy shoulder. “Please... I... I love you too... I don’t want you to go... I don’t want to be alone...”

‘....Oh no... this is awful... my poor Dashie... she’d be heartbroken if I left... and all alone... Ooohh, what is wrong with that other me?! How can she not see the wonderful, beautiful mare right in front of her?! ...Well, it’s her loss, then. I’ll treat her well. I’ll love her forever...’ Fluttershy thought.

She held the crying mare close, while she cried a bit more herself.

“Rainbow... I won’t leave you... I won’t... I’ll stay...” Fluttershy whispered sweetly, though sadly. “You’re not alone... I won’t leave you, I promise... I love you... I’ll stay, Dashie. It’s okay... I’m here, I won’t let you go...” She kissed her head gently, stroking her braid. “It’s going to be all right, now... We’re together, it’s going to be okay.”

Fluttershy smiled, applying sweet kisses along the cyan mare's neck, earning soft moans and happy giggles. She coursed a hoof through the soft rainbow strands, admiring their lengthy, soft feel.

"Ooh, Flutters..." Rainbow cooed lovingly. "I love you..."

The words struck Fluttershy's heart, the very words she'd longed to hear since forever. Now from the Rainbow Dash... that wasn't her own. Yet, there was genuine emotion within these words, she knew this meeker Dash meant it, and truly loved her. Every moment she heard them, it broke her heart, yet, made it soar all the same.

"And I love you, Dashie... I'll always love you," Fluttershy cooed in a soft whisper.

Rainbow trembled a bit in her embrace. "Fluttershy... say it again, please..."

Fluttershy smiled and kissed her sweetly. "I love you."

"Again..."

"I love you. I love you, my beautiful rainbow... I love you..." Fluttershy kissed her once more. She could feel the heartbreak, the longing, the true desire of having this world's Fluttershy love her.

Rainbow cuddled closer as she whispered into her lover’s ear. “And I love you too...”

Cherishing the sweet moment between them, a comfortable silence befell the two pegasi. There wasn’t much else that could be said at the moment, but it didn’t matter. What they knew now was enough. Everything may not have been in their favour, but that didn’t mean they couldn’t relish in the love they had. To anyone else, it would seem that they were taking advantage of one another, with the other fully knowing it.

But to them, it didn’t matter. They knew how they felt.

It felt so right to Fluttershy, then. To be here, in the hooves of a sweeter and gentler Rainbow Dash, was a wonderful feeling. Never mind the voice at the back of her mind telling her otherwise. She loved her, she wanted to be with her. Her heart swelled, body relaxed, and wings gently flapped. A beautiful feeling she hoped never to lose.

Remembering where they were, Fluttershy giggled, and kissed her lover’s forehead. “Well, Rainbow... I do have some things I need to take care of. Pinkamena and Twilight are just showing me around and also where I live... Um... and I’m sure you and Applejack have things to do. Um... why don’t we get together later, and go back to your home? I heard you have a menagerie of animals!” She giggled at this, beaming. “And I love animals...”

Rainbow Dash looked slightly disappointed by this, but gave a nod. “O-Okay then. You finish up what you need to do and I’ll talk with AJ for a bit... Then, I’ll go home and set up everything for a nice visit! I’ll cook us something nice and um, I’ll make sure Fluffy is upstairs and...” The cyan mare went on, listing off things she would things she would do to assure Fluttershy’s visit would be perfect. “Oh dear Luna, I’ll need to clean up a bit. It’s been awhile since you- I mean, our Fluttershy came over to my house... B-But don’t worry, I’ll make sure everything will be ready when you come over.”

Giggling, Fluttershy kissed her cheek. “All right, I look forward to it, Dashie! I’ll meet you there, at say... four? Oh... and who’s Fluffy?”

Rainbow giggled a bit as well. “Fluffy is my pet tortoise. He can be a bit of hoof-full some times, but he can be sweetheart when he wants to,” she started to twirl her braid once more. “He’s always been a little... harsh to our Fluttershy, so I’m not sure how he’ll react to you.”

“He’s... oh, he must be Tank!” Fluttershy thought out loud, wide-eyed. “You named him Fluffy? That’s so cute! Back home, I named him Mr. Tortoise before Rainbow chose him as her pet. She named him Tank.”

Rainbow stared at her with surprise then smiled brightly. “Really? Wow, you’ll have to tell me that story later!”

Nodding, the creamy yellow mare nuzzled their noses. “Sure, I’d be happy to tell you. You’ll have to tell me how you got Fluffy, too.”

Before either of the two pegasi could speak any further, a loud crashing noise was heard form up stairs. As they directed their attention to the staircase once more, they watched as a mass of three ponies came tumbling down with Applejack on the bottom. It looked as though Pinkamena and Twilight had been trying to restrain her, to no avail.

“Did I miss the dramatic kiss scene?!” Called out the orange earth pony. She looked over the timid mares as they stared at her in utter bewilderment. “They’re... cuddling?” She held a thoughtful look for a moment, before her expression changed back. “Y’all made meh miss the entire confession scene! How could ya?!”

“They’re shy and timid, like some animals, silly!” Twilight said, shaking her head. “We have to be quiet and leave them alone to be cute!”

“Um...” Fluttershy said, slowly releasing Rainbow from her grasp. “We’ll just... get back to this, then,” she said, and turned back to the cyan pegasus. She whispered, “I’ll see you at four, my sweet Dashie...” She offered a brief peck on the lips, giggling.

Rainbow blushed as she giggled cutely. “Okay... Flutters.”

Applejack was about to protest further to her binding, but Pinkamena quickly placed a hoof over her mouth. “That’s quite enough of that, Applejack. Just ask Rainbow Dash about it after we leave so we don’t have to tie you to the ceiling...” Pinkamena demanded. Applejack gave a defeated sigh as she nodded. “Good.”

Twilight released her magic, then trotted over to Fluttershy, “So! You ready to go? We’ve taken care of our business here, so let’s be off!”

“Yes, I’m ready to go,” Fluttershy nodded. “Um, it was very nice meeting you, Applejack... I’ll see you again, sometime...?”

Applejack, finally being allowed to speak once more nodded. “Of course you will, darlin’! I intend to finally make you a dress- even if you’re not the same Fluttershy as ours. So, be prepared!”

“A-A dress? For me? Oh, Rare-sorry, Applejack... you really don’t have to do that. I appreciate the gesture, though...” Fluttershy said shyly.

“You shall not deny me this!” Applejack said with gleeful tone as she picked up her fake accent once more. “I have wanted to make that mare a dress since the day she moved to Ponyville, and I finally have a chance! Of course, the dress will be mostly for you... but this is just as much for you as it is for me! You simply must!”

Managing to smile, the creamy yellow pegasus nodded, “All right, Applejack... I accept.”

Excellente!” Applejack clasped her hooves together. “We can get started-”

If I may,” Pinkamena cut her off, “perhaps at a later date. We need to show Fluttershy to her home. Now, good day, Applejack.”

Applejack looked a bit irritated by this, but smiled nonetheless. “Very well then, darlin’s. I’ll see y’all- you all soon!”

“Goodbye, Applejackie! C’mon, Flutter-Butter!” Twilight said as she and Pinkamena led Fluttershy out the door.

“I’ll see you later, Fluttershy!” Rainbow Dash called out weakly, but louder than she normally did.

The door closed, and Applejack approached her friend with a big, eager smile. “Rainbow Dash, darling, ya gotta tell me what happened between ya both!” She said, dropping her accent.

“Oh... Um...” Rainbow blushed a bit as she looked away. “N-Nothing, really... We just talked and plans to meet up later. T-That’s all...”

“Don’t ya lie ta me, RD!” Applejack advanced toward her, giggling. “Ya gotta gimme them there details! Tha sweet stuff! Y’all reminded me o’ some romance novel, ‘specially tha way y’all were makin’ sweet lovey faces at each other!”

Rainbow Dash was completely taken aback by this. Never had she heard Applejack completely drop her accent like this before. This made her even more nervous than she already was, enough to push her to the point of backing up slightly.

“Um... N-No, really. W-We were just talking and... M-Maybe, um...” Rainbow felt a lump in her throat, “kissing...?”

“Ah knew it!” The orange mare chuckled, going over to a nearby table to start sketching something.

Rainbow stared at her friend with a curious look. “Not to be rude, but... um, what are you drawing?”

Grinning, Applejack continued to draw. “Ah’m drawin’ out a nice dress fer her! That Fluttershy’s a real darlin’, don’t ya think?”

“O-Oh, yes. She’s really... I guess... awesome.” Rainbow said almost dreamily as her mind began to wander. ‘She’s so different from our Fluttershy... she’s much calmer, very gentle... and so sweet... I can’t remember the last time our Fluttershy wanted to take interest in me like this... and... I think... I think I don’t want her to leave. No, I know I don’t...’ She sighed happily. ‘This is just like a dream... Fluttershy really cares about me... She wants to be with me...’

“Ta think, Fluttershy of all ponies... Ah never woulda thought. That there pony’s always such a ruffian!” The earth pony sighed, detailing her sketch a bit. “Ah mean, she ain’t evil or some kinda bad pony... But Ah could stand fer her ta cool it down a bit. It sure is refreshin’ an’ amazin’ ta meet such a kind, sweet an’ even meek pony like this new Fluttershy!”

Rainbow Dash smiled a bit at this. “I believe so, too...” She once more began to twirl her braid. “Hey, um... AJ? Did you mean what you said back there? About how you think this Fluttershy should stay and stuff?”

Pausing in her work, Applejack exhaled, and looked to her friend with an unreadable gaze. “Perhaps Ah was a bit hasty in sayin’ that. If this new Fluttershy stayed here, Ah think it’d be nice! Amazin’! We’d be able ta go ta tha spa, she’d be a perfect model for mah dresses, an’... she even seems ta have taken a shinin’ to ya, Rainbow Dash!” She winked at this, grinning, before growing serious. “But Ah cain’t control that, an’ whatever she does is up ta her. If we do get our Fluttershy back... it definitely won’t be the worst thing ever ta happen. Still, if they ended up stayin’ where they are now, Ah wouldn’t complain.”

“I... I guess you’re right, AJ.” Rainbow spoke up little sadly. “So... Is it wrong that... I kinda don’t want her to leave...?” She looked to her friend with a hopeful gaze, wishing that her friend had an answer to her dilemma.

Applejack thought about that for a few moments, continuing to sketch out an idea for Fluttershy’s dress. She then placed her pencil down, looking to Rainbow seriously.

“Well, darlin’, Ah cain’t say Ah blame ya fer thinkin’ that. Ah know our Fluttershy does care about ya, even if she doesn’t admit it... But ta see this new Fluttershy actually returnin’ yer affections tenfold, it’s so adorably sweet. But Ah guess Ah also cain’t ignore that this is gonna lead ta some problems in tha long run. Ah just... hope y’all can work it out somehow. That’s really all ya can do.”

Rainbow Dash shied away briefly before meeting Applejack’s gaze. “I should have guessed... but, I hope we can too... I just... I’m so conflicted. I know I miss my- our Fluttershy. I always had a crush on her, even if she never returned those feelings... I always liked her, and I miss her so much... but at the same time... I feel so... special, so... loved around this one... She makes me feel like I’m important. Like everything is going to be okay... I just... I think I need time to think...”

Regarding her with a sad smile, Applejack went and touched her shoulder, “Ah can understand what yer sayin’, Rainbow. All ya can do is realize what’s most important fer yerself, an’ fer her. Ya gotta do tha right thing... even if it may sometimes go against what ya really want.”

“I know, AJ... I know.” Rainbow Dash said with shushed voice. “I just want, for once, something nice in my life... To not have to give up something I want... But you’re right. I have to think of what’s best for the both of us...” She looked about the shop for a brief moment when a thought crossed her mind. “Um, speaking of which... when are you gonna tell Spike about you know what...?”

“...I know what, dear?” Applejack placed her Manehattan accent back in, looking confused.

Rainbow Dash smiled a small bit. “Well... You’ve known that Spike has had a crush on you for awhile now... it’s why he’s always wanting to help you around the shop... So, don’t you think you should tell him about you and Rarity?” Rainbow shied away once more as she blushed brightly. “Or... am I wrong about that? It’s just I saw the two of you last week in the back and... well, it just looked like... the two of you were...”

“I-I-I-I darling, really, I shouldn’t...” Applejack met her gaze, and then sighed. “Fine... No, Ah haven’t said nothin’ yet. Ah understand he likes me, an’ Ah’m real flattered. Ah jus’ feel terrible ‘bout hurtin’ his feelin’s. But Ah know Ah cain’t lie ta him, either.”

“But didn’t you just tell me that you have to do what’s right, even if it’s hard?” Rainbow asked meekly.

“....Yeah,” Applejack admitted, giving a weak smile. “Ya got me there, RD.”

Rainbow Dash returned her smile. “It’s okay AJ... I won’t hassle you about it... But I have a feeling Rarity might...” She gave weak giggle.

Chuckling, the orange earth pony shook her head, going back to her sketch. “Ah know... Don’t ya worry, Ah’ll figure somethin’ out.”

Rainbow grinned a bit as she looked at the sketch. ‘Yeah... We’ll figure something out, too. Even if she leaves... I’ll always have the now. So, I’ll make the best of this. She loves me and I know she does... If she stays... then... I’ll take care of her forever... I just hope our Fluttershy is okay though...’

Author's Note:

We've met Other Applejack! Next we'll soon meet Rarity. X3 And here it begins, Fluttershy and Rainbowshy's adorable, sweet romance. Now, you might make the argument that Fluttershy seems to feel sorry for her as opposed to loving her. Well, you see what it says and take it for yourself, dear readers.