• Published 2nd Jul 2013
  • 5,407 Views, 225 Comments

Two Hearts, Fall Apart - NintendoGal55



Fluttershy switches realities with an alternate Fluttershy while Twilight has to find a way to switch them back

  • ...
18
 225
 5,407

Alternate: Epilogue

“Fluttershy! Dinner’s ready!”

Rainbow Dash smiled to herself after she’d called to her lover. Her home was filled with the delicious smells of dinner, consisting of a vegetable stir-fry, oven-baked potato slices, and some garlic bread. She gathered the food onto a few platter dishes, before placing them onto the table, along with a couple of glasses and a bottle of apple cider (non-alcoholic).

Taking a moment to overlook her work, she then removed her apron and hung it up, then poured the cider into their glasses.

Striding in, Fluttershy eyed the spread of food hungrily before coming up behind Rainbow and wrapping her forelegs around her waist. “I gotta say, you went all out on this, didn’t ya?”

“Ooh!” Rainbow giggled, smiling brightly as she leaned up against her. “Well... Living with you really gives me a chance to prepare such nice meals to share...”

“I know, I know, but I told you before. You don’t gotta go out of your way just for little ol’ me, Dash.” Fluttershy chuckled, tightening her hug for a few seconds.

“I know I don’t... But I want to. I want to make nice meals for us, I enjoy it,” Rainbow assured, giggling, “You’re absolutely worth it.”

Fluttershy gave her a gentle kiss on the back of neck. “Nah, not really. You, on the other hoof, are more than worth it!”

A tingle coursed through the cyan mare at the sweet feeling, making her blush and smile more. “Awww... You’re sweet.... But I love to spoil you... can’t I spoil the pony I love?”

“Oh, come on, Dash. If you spoil me anymore, I won’t know how to take care of myself!” Fluttershy teased, giggling.

“Now you’re just being silly,” Rainbow laughed a bit, turning her head slightly. “Let’s eat, shall we?”

Releasing her, Fluttershy flashed a toothy grin. “I thought you’d never ask!” Making her way over to the table, she stopped just before taking a seat herself and pulled out Rainbow’s chair. “You first. I mean, you did cook all this.”

Rainbow beamed, then sat down, “Thank you, Fluttershy!”

“Of course,” Fluttershy replied, taking a seat herself.

The two began to eat, within a contented silence. Usually they did have conversations and made small talk, but sometimes they simply enjoyed a meal quietly. It wasn’t awkward, they just occasionally didn’t have much to say or talk about. Even Fluttershy, who usually didn’t tend to keep quiet, didn’t mind this at all. It was nice, very nice.

Rainbow felt a tingling within her body, coursing to her heart. She faced her marefriend, blushing a bit, “Flutters... Will you... come out and watch the sunset with me after dinner?” She played with her braid a bit nervously.

Fluttershy paused for a moment, considering for a moment. “Yeah, that sounds nice! We can totally do that! You wanna actually go now, though? We could take some of this with us and kinda make it a picnic as the sun sets.”

“Oh... sure! That’d be nice! I’ll just um... get my coat, it’s cold tonight,” Rainbow blushed, and went into the bedroom to fetch it.

Stretching out her wings, Fluttershy started to place a few piece of food in a hoof basket, along with a sheet of paper. “Okay, I got the basket!” She called up to Rainbow in a gleeful tone.

Rainbow Dash came back down, wearing a darker blue windbreaker. “I’m ready too, so let’s go, shall we?”

“Lead the way, mi amour!” Fluttershy snickered, trotting up beside her.

Wide-eyed, Rainbow looked to her in surprise as they headed to the front door, “Y-You know...French?”

Grinning widely, Fluttershy waved it off. “I picked some up awhile back to mess with AJ, ya know? Why? Do you like it?”

“...Yes... I love it...” Rainbow admitted, blushing a bit.

Je devrais parler français plus,” Fluttershy lead the way to door, opening it. “You coming, Dashie?”

All the more smitten, the cyan pegasus nodded as she followed her out the door.


They went to a hill to start off, since they had a picnic and all. It was some ways off from Rainbow’s home, just outside of town. It was a great location to see the expanding landscape, along with the sun setting behind the horizon. A truly beautiful spectacle as the land was now bathed within the hour of twilight.

As they ate the remainder of their food, taking turns in sipping from the bottle, Rainbow oftentimes stole glances at Fluttershy. She felt so nervous, so unprepared, but knew that it was a great time to go through with it. If she didn’t, she would lose her nerve completely.

‘I can do this... If there is one thing I know that the other Fluttershy taught me... It’s not to let chances in love slip you by. Besides, why am I afraid? We kind of already agreed to this. Making it official is a different story, though... I just hope she’ll accept and understand. I can do it, I will do it... I’ll finally step up and take this chance. Fluttershy and I love each other... there’s no reason it won’t work. We’ve talked about it... Go for it, Dash! Go for it! Be like your other you, fast and daring! Take chances!’ Rainbow thought, butterflies quivering in her stomach.

“...The sunset is really beautiful, isn’t it?” Rainbow said softly, snuggling up to her.

“Yeah, I guess it is.” Fluttershy said smiling at Rainbow Dash.

A soft blush settled on the timid pony’s cheeks, “It’s funny... I daydreamed of moments like this since forever... I thought it was all one big pipe dream. I never thought it would work, I was always certain that my cowardice would hold me back. That my fear of you rejecting me was holding me back, too. But it’s amazing... how we’re here now. I-I hope I’m not dreaming and will be waking up alone in my bed... I’ve had way too many of those.”

“Well then, let’s find out if you really are!” Fluttershy said playfully. “Kiss me right now, on the lips and see if you wake up. Dreams always end before the best part. Trust me, I know.”

“...True...” Rainbow giggled, coming around to face her. She brought her hooves to her shoulders, then leaned in and kissed her sweetly. For a few moments, she held the kiss, trembling at the sweet feeling. Upon pulling away, her entire face was pink. “...I’m not dreaming... It’s really happening...”

Chuckling, Fluttershy shook her head, “Now we know you’re not dreaming, but what about me? How do I know this isn’t just a super amazing dream?”

Rainbow blushed, smiling brightly. “Well, why don’t you find out?”

The moment the words left her lips, they were already covered by Fluttershy’s. Their wings rose in unison, the pair wrapping their forelegs around each other. Laughter was heard between them, falling more into the sweet moment.

Moments later, they parted, their noses touching.

“Done,” Fluttershy chuckled, nuzzling Rainbow Dash. “This is definitely not a dream.”

“Yay!” Rainbow cheered softly, holding her closer. “I used to escape to my dreams, because they were the only place we could be together... And now, I don’t think I ever want to sleep again.”

Fluttershy shook her head, pulling away. “You sure about that? As long as I’m the only one you dream about.”

“I know,” the cyan pony cooed, nuzzling her cheek, “Dreaming of you as well as having you in reality will be a wonderful bonus.”

“Speaking of which, there was something I was meaning to talking to you about...” Fluttershy smiled faintly, exhaling weakly.

“...Huh?” Now Rainbow felt a mixture of confusion and concern. A stabbing feeling at her gut escalated as she brought a tender hoof to her lover’s cheek. “What is it, Fluttershy?”

“Well, it’s kinda out of nowhere, I guess.” Fluttershy admitted. She blushed weakly while scratching the back of her head. “Just don’t freak out or nothing, okay?”

“I won’t... I mean, I’ve seen a bit of your dream journal, so I don’t think I’ll end up freaking out,” the timid mare assured her, giving her a comforting embrace.

“Right, right... I almost forgot about that little detail,” Fluttershy chuckled nervously. “Still, there’s a bit of a difference in dreaming and doing it, ya know?”

Rainbow nodded, “That’s true. So...what is it?”

Exhaling, Fluttershy pulled away slightly. “Okay, so... we’re dating now, right? And we kinda know that we each love one another, right?”

With a bright smile, Rainbow Dash nodded once more. “Yes...”

“Well...” Fluttershy began, looking down at the grass. She considered the best way to approach this and decided to go with the direct way. “Well, I was thinking about how I, well... the marriage thing and stuff. It’s kinda been eating at me since I got back. I mean, I got married while I was drunk, for crying out loud. I know I already apologized for that, but it still wasn’t right.”

“Oh...” Rainbow said softly, nodding. She smiled in understanding, nuzzling her. “You don’t have to feel bad. I mean... I was this close to getting married, myself. Perhaps not drunk, but I was all the same.”

“I know, but it still doesn’t sit right with me. I, uh, I got something for you.” Fluttershy blushed, smiling as she spoke. Reaching in the basket, she pulled out a sheet of paper. “It’s nothing much, really. Just read it.”

Taking the sheet of paper, Rainbow unfolded it and looked it over curiously.

Dear Rainbow Dash,

If you’re reading this, then keep reading. This piece of paper and words on it are actually more or less a distraction to keep you from looking up and seeing what I’m really doing. Now, even after knowing this, don’t look up, I want this to be kinda like a surprise.

Still reading? Good. Now, I’ sure you’re wondering why I took the time to write this out, huh? Well, I’m kinda nervous. Yes, I really am. If you’re surprised by this... I wouldn’t blame you. I really shouldn’t be, but I am. So, just bear with me.

You know I’m not so good with mushy stuff, but I can write it so much better than I can say it. I love you, Rainbow Dash. I love you so much, and I will never ever be able to actually express just how much I really do. But you know what? I’m willing to spend the rest of my life trying. I know we talked about this before, but I wanted to expand on it.

Well, what I mean is, make this more than just me saying something and you wondering if I really mean it. I want to prove to you I just as serious, if not more, than you are. So, what I’m saying is...

Having obeyed the note, especially with her curiosity getting the better of her, Rainbow Dash looked up. The anticipation in her mind and heart were going wild as she wanted to know what this was all about.

Looking up, Rainbow’s heart stopped.

Fluttershy was kneeling down low, just barely looking up at her, her face hidden by a mixture of a blush and mane. Her wings were spread low, her right wing seeming to be missing a feather. In fact, it was the very large yellow feather laid on the ground in front of her.

“I know it’s kinda old school and not the way things are done today, but... would you mind if we made this official? For real this time.” Fluttershy rose up, meeting her lover’s eyes, “Rainbow Dash, will you marry me?”

A soft gasp escaped the cyan pegasus, completely stunned by this. Her heart ran wild, her body burst with excitement and passion, all of this happened so fast as she tried to let it register. She brought her hooves to her mouth, completely taken aback, but so touched. It was a given, but it was no less meaningful and exciting. Especially in how she was trying to do the same.

‘I’ve waited for this moment for so long... It’s nothing like I imagined... but so much better...’ Rainbow thought, gazing into the hopeful eyes of her lover. She melted, nodding, and then embraced her.

“Yes! Yes.... Oh, yes! Of course I’ll marry you, Fluttershy! Yes!” Rainbow squealed happily, tears in her eyes.

Returning the hug, Fluttershy tightened her grip. “Hey, no need to start crying on me Rainbow.” She cooed. “I know you’re happy, but it still kinda makes me feel sad to see it.”

Giggling, the cyan mare nuzzled into her neck, “I can’t help it, I’m just so happy! And I’m so glad you’re this happy to be together, like this... with me...”

“Of course I am, Dash,” Fluttershy chuckled, pulling away slightly so she could see her lover’s face. “I mean, you said you read my stuff, so it shouldn’t be much of a surprise... The point is, I love you.”

“It isn’t, but it still just feels so surreal to me...” Rainbow murmured, gazing at her lovingly. “I love you, too... And you know... There’s something really funny about all of this.”

Now Fluttershy was confused. “What do you mean by funny?

“Oh, no, no! It’s a good kind of funny, I swear! A really good funny! M-More like.... c-coincidence...” Already the timid pony was beginning to cower and get nervous.

Seeing this, Fluttershy exhaled. She didn’t mean to make it sound like she was upset, but rather just unsure of the meaning. With a soft smile, she ran hoof over Rainbow Dash’s braid.

“Relax, Dashie. There’s nothing wrong, I swear. I think I understand what you mean. So, no more being afraid of me, okay?”

Embarrassed, and a bit ashamed, Rainbow nodded and snuggled into her. “You’re right... I’m so sorry. I suppose I let my anxieties get the better of me... I shouldn’t be afraid of you, I-I know you’re not going to hurt me... I’m sorry...”

Giggling now, Fluttershy placed her hooves on Rainbow’s shoulders leaning close enough for their noses to touch. “And there you go, apologizing when you don’t even need to. You really are too cute sometimes, you know that?”

“Hee!” Now Rainbow felt a surge of happiness course through her, her smile returning. “Thank you, Flutters... I feel better, now... Thank you.”

“And here I was thinking you might have needed some ‘special’ attention,” Fluttershy tease, kissing Rainbow quickly, catching her off guard.

A soft blush overcame Rainbow’s cheeks and she giggled, “Oh my... Who knows... Um... Flutters, I...have something for you, too...”

Grinning from ear to ear, Fluttershy sat straight up. “You do? What is it? Not that I was expecting anything, but still.”

Deciding to just go for it, Rainbow Dash reached into her jacket, pulling something out from an inner pocket. In her teeth, she held something long and blue, which turned out to be her own primary feather. She placed it onto the ground, before taking Fluttershy’s, sticking it in her braid.

“I was... going to do just what you did... And you beat me to it, but here you go... I’m giving you my feather in return...”

Needless to say, Fluttershy couldn’t fight off how moved she was by this gesture. It was a given, all things considered, but it didn’t stop the warm feelings in her heart. She looked up again, seeing Rainbow Dash looking to her with a loving, tender smile, with glints of excitement in her eyes. If she could have fallen in love more with the shy pegasus, it would have been now. Feeling her eyes start to tear up, she rubbed them away, sniffling weakly.

“Y-Yeah, I should have figured...” Fluttershy shook her head, smiling all the while. “Of course I would go and propose right before you do and all. Always a little too fast.”

Giggling, Rainbow Dash placed the feather behind her ear, and stood back to admire the look. “Ooh, that’s perfect!” She nuzzled her sweetly, embracing the creamy yellow mare.

Blushing, Fluttershy looked away, trying not to seem embarrassed. “I guess it is. Kinda like it should have been there to begin with.”

“Just as yours is with me,” Rainbow smiled, nuzzling her, “Um... Fluttershy? Can I... ask you a question? It’s about... um... the wedding you had in the other world. I... well, I was wondering what it was like... If you can remember it.”

“Oh, right. Uh...” Fluttershy scratched the back of her head nervously. “I guess you can, if you really wanna know. I’m still a little fuzzy on some of the details, but I can try.”

“As much as you can,” Rainbow encouraged, smiling, “I’m just curious.”

Fluttershy sat up, laughing weakly. “Well, okay... what do you wanna know?”

“Well... Where did it take place? I mean, I know it happened in Las Pegasus, but what was the location like?”

“Well, from what I remember, it was like a garden place, or something. Lot of flowers and stuff. It was pretty, I guess.” Fluttershy tried to recall.

“Oh! Like a Zen garden? I know Las Pegasus has a couple of Zen gardens for couples to marry in!” Rainbow said dreamily, looking starry-eyed. “That sounds really pretty!”

“Yeah, I think that was name of the place! A Zen garden.”

“Wow, Fluttershy! That’s so lovely. Um, and you know... I remember what you guys had said... about your wedding vows... Was that true? Do you... remember at all what you said?”

Blushing even more, Fluttershy mentally reeled back. “Y-Yeah, I remember. To be honest, that’s about all I remember of the wedding or what I recall the best.”

“...Really?” The cyan mare’s cerise eyes sparkled. “Wow... that’s so sweet... I always wanted to write my own vows... But then I thought you could never feel the same way, and that writing them would be too presumptuous.”

“Eh, that wouldn’t be presumptuous in the least, Rainbow.” Fluttershy remarked warmly, “I already wrote nine rough drafts and memorized the final copy two years ago. So, you can see where I stand on this.”

Rainbow’s eyes went wide, feeling her cheeks heat up. Yet again she assumed that she had such a pipe dream fantasy about the love they could share-only to find out that Fluttershy was doing the same thing. Or in some cases, even more so than herself.

Giggling, the timid mare snuggled against her, “Gosh, Flutters.... We really did do a lot of stuff like that... It’s pretty amazing. I think you surpassed me again!”

“Not really,” Fluttershy almost deadpanned, but managed to keep a faint smile. “I would tell you them, but... how about we wait until our real wedding, eh?”

“Oh come on... Please tell me? You could revise it!”

“Nope! I want this to be special, Rainbow. So, you’re just gonna have to wait for this one.” Fluttershy teased, kissing the top of Rainbow Dash’s forehead.

“Okay...” Rainbow giggled, blushing at the gesture. “Fair enough, I guess... I’d want to surprise you with mine.”

“Good,” Fluttershy said gleefully. “Now, how about we head back and see if there’s a pot of gold at the end of your rainbow, eh, Dash?”

“...Is... that a euphemism for.... you know...” Rainbow asked, blushing a bit.

Fluttershy pulled Dash closer, a seductive smirk coming over her face. “Why don’t we find out? My pretty little rainbow.

Blushing more, but smiling brightly, Rainbow Dash snuggled close to her. “Sure... Let’s go home, Flutters... And do that...”

Fluttershy gently kissed her forehead, giggling softly. “Now the only question is, can we make it back without me tackling you down, eh?”

“Hee... I guess we’d better fly and go very fast!” Rainbow cooed, giggling, “So that you won’t tackle me until we’re at home in our bed...”

“Well, considering the fact that I’m the fastest flyer in two dimensions, you better get a head start... or else I’ll catch you.

Laughing with glee, the cyan pegasus flew off towards her home, looking over her shoulder to see if she’d follow.


Slowly coming to, Pinkamena began to sit up, right until she noticed the sleeping mare resting on her shoulder. Sighing, she eased back into her seat, looking out the passenger window. They had left for the Crystal Empire shortly after their stay in Canterlot by the request of Twilight’s sister, Gleaming Shield. Not that she was entirely opposed to going, she was not fond of the Crystal Empire; it was an oddity to her, as was her lover’s sister as well.

Watching the landscape change, she left her head up slightly when she heard the intercom turn on.

“Attention all passengers, we shall be arriving at the Crystal Empire very shortly. Please, be sure to have all your belongings before departing the train. We thank you for your patronage.”

“So, we’re almost there already,” Pinkamena mused to herself. Considering this, she gently tapped on Twilight’s shoulder. “Love, it’s time to arise from your slumber.”

“Mmm...” Twilight mumbled sleepily, a bit annoyed. “Sleepy... five more minutes...”

Rolling her eyes, Pinkamena leaned in as close as she could to Twilight, whispering in her ear. “Oh my, is somepony throwing a party for me?”

“Maybe...” Twilight responded in her sleep.

“Then, are you really asleep or just pretending?” Pinkamena asked in a sweet voice, one she only took with Twilight when they were alone.

The alicorn whimpered groggily, “I’m tiiiired...”

“And yet, you are awake enough to answer me?” Pinkamena giggled.

“Mmmph...” Twilight mumbled, snuggling more into her. “Lemme sleepy...”

Pinkamena brought a hoof up, gently brushing across her face. “Come now, Twilight. Are you saying you don’t want to see your sister? You sounded rather excited at first about this trip.”

Grumbling sleepily, Twilight opened her eyes and yawned, “Pinkiiiiee... I was having a lovely dream!”

“Oh, really now? What was this dream about?” Pinkamena inquired, although she had a good feeling about just what type of dream Twilight was having.

“We were having a super duper pretty lovely wedding!” Twilight dreamily crooned, giggling.

Chuckling herself, Pinkamena was pleased to know that she knew her lover so well. “Is that so? Was there anything special about the wedding itself? Or was it a small, private wedding?”

“It was super small and cute, but awesome!” Giggled the lavender mare. “Soooo bright and full of colours and balloons!”

“That does sound rather nice.” Pinkamena gave Twilight a small hug, cuddling her briefly. “Of course, you always have the same dream, and I say this every time. Nevertheless, I would prefer a small wedding. Something simple, but still wonderful.”

Giggling, Twilight hugged and cuddled her back, “Of coursies! That’d be lovely! We can do a big awesometastic small wedding!”

Pinkamena nodded, smirking almost as she began to gather their things. “Very true, but let’s not delay. The train shall be stopping soon, and I would hate for your family to send the guards looking for you again. You know how they overreact.”

“Nope, they won’t do it this time, my lovey!”

“Assuming they haven’t already.” Pinkamena corrected her.

Twilight shook her head, “No, not this time! Come on! The train’s stopped! I can’t wait!”

Grabbing the remainder of their belongings, Pinkamena gave a small bow. “After you, my princess.

“Stop it...” Twilight giggled.

They disembarked the train among the other passengers, heading along the platform toward the station. Sure enough, no guards to speak of, at least not beyond basic security guards.

Relieved, Pinkamena and Twilight headed off into the town square of the Crystal Empire, well on their way to the palace.

Glancing about, Pinkamena recalled a few of the reasons why she did not like the Crystal Empire. “It always feels so odd being here. It’s much like being a foreigner in your own country. The streets are quiet, the city is brightly lit, and the palace is in plain view of the entire town. It’s almost like somepony could watch you at all times and you never it...”

“Pinkie, you’d need a telescope for that! And even so, you couldn’t exactly hear anything, so it would all be completely out of context!” Twilight assured, nuzzling her. “Yeah, you can see the entire town and a good portion of the landscape... But when you’re high, you can’t see much! It’s easier to be on the ground, observing everything around you than from up high!”

“True, but you forget the extent of magic that your sister and the Prince have.” Pinkamena chuckled, albeit somewhat forced. “Need I remind you of your sister’s bad habit of eavesdropping?

Twilight nodded, “Yes, but she doesn’t do that anymore. It was a long time ago, Pinkster.”

“Oh yes, six months is quite a long time.” Pinkamena replied, a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

“Ponies change....”

Pinkamena sighed, now smiling. “I know, Twilight. Still, you know how your sister unnerves me. That, and the simple fact of what she was eavesdropping on was very... unforgiving. You know how I am. I enjoy my privacy. You’re really the only one I don’t mind in my personal space. With everypony else, however, I find it odd.”

“I know you do, Pinkie-Winkie...” Twilight nuzzled her, looking a bit sad, “I’ll try to tell my sister and brother-in-law... But sometimes she likes to do her own thing, you know? She doesn’t mean any harm, but I’ll keep trying. You’ll be part of our family soon, and I wouldn’t want you to resent it...”

“Now, now, I would never resent anything that has to do with you.” Pinkamena returned the nuzzle, attempting to comfort Twilight. “So, I will try to not allow past situations to influence my thoughts, opinions, or reactions here, I swear.”

This made the alicorn grin widely, “Yay! Glad to hear it, Pinkie! Nothing’s better than making sure my friends are happy!”

Pinkamena chuckled, nodding her head. “Then let’s make haste, shall we?”

“Way ahead of you!” Twilight laughed, galloping down the street.

And then came back a few seconds later.

“Just kidding, you silly filly! Let’s go together!”

“Of course.” Pinkamena giggled.


Inside the palace, after having dropped off their bags into Twilight’s designated room, guards led both mares to the throne room. Twilight, of course, made enthusiastic chatter with them, which made it impossible for the normally stoic, dutiful guards not to smile and laugh with amusement.

Eventually, they made it to the throne room, where the rest of the family waited.

“Prince Bolero and Princess Gleaming Shield, Princess Twilight Sparkle and future consort Pinkamena Pie have arrived,” stated one of the guards as they all bowed.

“Hi there, Twilight!” Prince Bolero greeted with a big smile as he looked to his former charge. “It’s so great to see you!”

“Hi, Bolero!!” Twilight squealed, rushing to her sister and brother-in-law. “Hello, Gleamy!!”

“Hello, little sister!” Gleaming Shield stated sweetly, hugging Twilight. “It’s so good to see you! How have you been? Has you-know-who proposed yet?”

“Oh, I’ve been awesometacular! You wouldn’t believe what happened!” Twilight hugged her sister back, giggling with glee. “I do have something to share, actually!”

“Hey there, son!” Came the joking voice of Twilight’s father, Night Light. He winked to Pinkamena, grinning.

Pinkamena jumped at the sound of the voice, turning to face Light. “Hello again, Mr. Light. You... do remember the term ‘son’ isn’t the proper word to describe my relationship with your daughter, correct?”

“I know, kiddo,” Light chuckled, smiling. “So, how’ve you been? Has Twilight been behaving?”

“Of course she has,” Pinkamena said with a smile, nodding, “She has her days as a hoof-full, but nothing that’s ever been a problem.”

“Honestly, dear, why must you always ask about our daughter when you see Miss Pie?” A slender unicorn spoke up behind him. It was his wife, Twilight Velvet, sighing playfully. “You could always ask Twilight herself, after all.”

“She is her advisor,” Light said, shaking his head. “I’m only wondering!”

“Mommy! Daddy!” Twilight came over to her parents, hugging them both. “I have awesometacular news!”

Velvet hugged her daughter tightly, “My little Twi-Twi! Settle down and tell us, please.”

Pinkamena cleared her throat, nodding. “Yes, we both have a bit of news to share.”

Twilight looked to Pinkamena, then her family, grinning widely. “Well, it’s been a while, and I know we could have said so before, but we wanted to wait! But without further ado, here it is! Pinkie and I.... are getting married!”

“Oh, my baby girl’s finally getting married!” Velvet almost squealed, pulling Twilight up off her hooves.

Night Light grinned and laughed, “That’s fantastic, you two! Congratulations!”

“That’s fantastic!” Bolero exclaimed, coming over to them, “I’m so happy for you both, Twiley!”

Following suit, Shield rushed over as well, hugging her sister and pulling Pinkamena into the hug as well. “I knew it was only a matter of time before it happened! You two make the cutest couple I’ve ever seen!”

Pinkamena, upon being forced into the embrace, began to feel very claustrophobic. “Um, Gleaming Shield... please release me,” the pink earth pony tried to say.

Bolero nudged his wife lightly, “Yeah... you remember, she’s not exactly comfortable with this kind of thing.”

“Oh, nonsense, Bolero!” Shield giggled, tightening her grip. “She’s part of our little family, so she’s part of our group hug!”

“Well, she is part of our family!” Twilight agreed, “But uh... you should let her go... she doesn’t like it...”

Shield loosened her grip, letting them go, then gave her sister an odd look. “Really? My apologies. I do get a little carried away at times.”

“It’s... quite all right.” Pinkamena answered quickly, trying to regain her composure. “I should be used to this kind of greeting by now.”

“Well,” Bolero said, clearing his throat, “If you two are all settled, why don’t we get some dinner?”

Bouncing on the spot, Twilight nodded, “Yes, pwease! I’m hungry! I haven’t eaten since lunch! Pinkamena didn’t want me to eat or drink too much on the train ride! Going to the bathroom on the train makes me queasy!”

Velvet giggled at her daughter, shaking her head. “My, you haven’t changed a single bit, Twilight... Let me and your father get dinner while you and your sister catch up.”

“We’ll meet you crazy kids in the dining room!” Light said, following his wife out the doors.

“Of course, Mr. Light.” Pinkamena confirmed politely.

“Well, oh my gosh, I have got the BIGGEST story to tell you guys!” Twilight said excitedly. “You’re not going to believe it, either! Not a bit! Oh no, not a bit! Remember, Pinkie? It was SO crazy! So crazytastic!”

“Of course I remember, Twilight. It was only a few days ago.” Pinkamena chuckled, nodding her head. “It’s quite the tale, and it’s even hard for me to believe it at times, even though I was there.”

Smiling, Bolero chuckled as he shook his head. “Well, let’s go to the dining room and you can tell us aaaaall about it on the way,” he said, beginning to lead them out of the throne room.

The lavender alicorn bounced along with them, grinning widely all the while, “Well, here goes! It all started last week! I went to Fluttershy’s house, because my Twilight Senses were tingling! I knew something was up! So I get there, and she’s all unconscious and stuff! It was so weird! I didn’t know what happened! So I brought her back to the library so me and Pinkamena could help her!”

“Oh my, was she all right?” Shield asked, looking surprised.

“Nope! Well, she was, but she wasn’t our Flutters! She was all like ‘You girls are not acting like yourselves! What’s going on?’, and we’re like, ‘What do you mean? Everything’s normal! You need to rest’ and all that stuff!”

“Wasn’t your Fluttershy? What do you mean?” Her sister asked, becoming all the more curious.

Pinkamena sighed, trying not to interpret. “It’s very complicated, to say the least. In short, there are infinite number of infinite alternate realities that increases infinitely. Due to a mishap in one of these alternate realities, we found ourselves with a different version of the Fluttershy we knew...”

“...What?” Prince Bolero exclaimed with surprise, stopping in his tracks. “You mean to say that... who used that kind of magic?! That’s the kind of magic only alicorns could possibly achieve! That spell is... how in the world did it happen?”

“While I’m not entirely sure of that myself, it would have appeared to have been cast by an alternate version of Twilight Sparkle.” Pinkamena stated calmly. “Although, many of the variables as to exactly how our two realities were linked are still unknown to me, but we did manage to solve the problem, of course.”

“How did you? I never would have thought that the spell was easy to obtain,” the alicorn prince admitted.

“Ah, it was easier than we thought!” Twilight answered for her. “We just had to have more than one magic source!”

“Oh, is that so?” Shield inquired, “What other magic sources were you using?”

Twilight giggled, winking at Pinkamena before responding, “Easy! We used the magic of me, other me, and good ol’ Discord!”

“Well, I doubt it was that simple, but yes, Discord assisted with the spell,” Pinkamena nodded.

Gleaming Shield looked absolutely stunned. “You met the other Twilight?!”

“And the other Pinkie and other Dashie!” Twilight nodded. “My gosh, they really are so different from us! It was so funny! The other Pinkie was so funny and very energetic!”

“Rainbow Dash was very... loud, I suppose would be the word. The other Twilight seemed decent enough, if a bit too curious, but with a genuine thirst for knowledge. And the other Fluttershy was very calm, quiet, and rather shy.” Pinkamena added on to what her lover said. “It was very unusual. I wonder how the other Rarity and Applejack’s personalities would have differed...”

“Um, Flutters and other Flutters said that they were... kinda each other’s opposites like they are here?” Twilight said thoughtfully.

Pinkamena nodded, but still had a questioning look on her face. “True, but I wonder to just what extent those differences went.”

Shield was awestruck by all this, trying to find her words to respond. “So... you met these other versions of yourselves, and Discord, the God of Chaos, helped you send them back? That’s just... wow.”

“That’s astounding, but I guess I can see why you’d ask such a being for help in sourcing the power,” Bolero said thoughtfully, biting his lip, “I’m just glad you two are all right, though. That kind of spell can lead to... very disastrous results.”

“I can see why... we nearly had a very problematic situation at hoof, ourselves,” Pinkamena exhaled, calming down. “As fate would have it, however, everything is okay. But let’s not dwell on matters of the past for too long. I must admit, I’m famished.”

“Oh, but wait until you hear about the love square!” Twilight said with excited glee. “It’s sooo funny and even so cute!”

“Love... square?” Shield looked at her sister with utter confusion. “Are you sure you don’t mean a love triangle?”

Twilight shook her head, “Nopers! It was a love square! When the other Fluttershy came here, she fell in love with our Rainbow Dash! Our Rainbow Dash then fell in love with her back! But the other Fluttershy was already in love with her reality’s Dashie! Then our Fluttershy fell for the other Dashie, but was still in love with our Dashie! In turn, our Dashie loved the other Fluttershy, but still loved our Fluttershy! The other Rainbow Dash loved the other Fluttershy, but also fell for our Fluttershy! See? Love square!”

Bolero blinked a few times, glancing toward his wife, then Pinkamena, “I... see. As a pony who specializes in spreading love, I have to say that it’s definitely interesting...”

“That... hurt my head.” Shield admitted, feeling slightly confused by the bombardment of information.

Pinkamena sighed, patting Twilight’s back. “Thus, why I do not try to think of it. Love completely irrational, unpredictable, chaotic, and never the same for two individuals. It’s far too complicated to truly understand, so I simply accept it.”

“And it turned out okay! They got together with who they were supposed to!” The hyperactive pony threw in.

“Yes, as you can see, everything did work out for the best, I believe,” Pinkamena gave calm nod, “but I can’t help but to ponder if- no, no, I know there is still a connection between our two realities. What I mean to say is, I wonder if there is a way to control it without fear of the negative aspects. Twilight, please do remind me to place that on my agenda in the near future.”

Producing a notebook from her saddlebags, Twilight magically wrote that down onto it, “Way ahead of you, Pinkie-Winkie!”

Pinkamena chuckled weakly, shaking her head. “You know me all too well, Twilight.”

“Don’t I?” Twilight batted her eyelashes cutely.

“All right, you two!” Twilight’s sister giggled, stepping between the two. “Save it for after dinner. Then, you two can have at one another all you want.”

“Gleamyyyyyy!!” Twilight whined, pouting childishly.

Pinkamena could not help but to laugh at the sight of the two. “Very well then. Let’s us go and get something to eat, shall we?”


After dinner, the extended family agreed it was getting late and decided to part ways for the evening, with the understand that tomorrow would be a type of ‘outing’ for them all. This, of course, did not sound all too pleasing to the scholarly mare, but she agreed nonetheless. Arriving in their personal room, Pinkamena placed her bags down. Sighing, she made her way over to the bed and collapsed on it.

“Tuckered out, Pinkie?” Twilight asked softly from where she was standing.

“I suppose so,” Pinkamena responded, rolling over on the bed. “I don’t know why, but each time we meet with your family, it exhausts me.”

Twilight hovered up onto the bed, snuggling up next to her, “They have lots of energy, silly! You’re more used to going at a slower pace!”

Pinkamena nodded before letting her head rest back against the pillow. “Yes, I suppose so.”

“It’ll be fun, though. There’s a game going on at the stadium tomorrow!” Twilight giggled, “That’ll be awesometastic! You love games!” She winked, smirking lightly. “Don’t think I don’t know about your enjoyment of watching sportsies...”

“You know quite well my opinion of sports,” Pinkamena chuckled slightly. “Tomorrow will be very tasking on me.”

“Nopies! I told my family that we should keep it slow while you were in the bathroom, so we managed to think of ways to take some breaks in between!”

“Thank you, Twilight.” The pink earth pony mused.

Twilight beamed and kissed her cheek, “You’re welcome! Um... they were asking about our wedding, remember? I’m sowwy... I wish we could have a little bitty ceremony... But you know Equestria... Princesses gotta have big ones.”

“I know,” Pinkamena said, nodding. “We’ll manage something, I’m sure.”

“Okey-dokey-lokie...” The lavender mare murmured, a little pout on her face. “Hmmm... I wonder how the other Fluttershy and other Dashie are doing... They must be all... back in their world and stuff...”

Pinkamena exhaled, staring up at the ceiling. “Well, we can’t possibly be sure as to how they are, but I believe they are all right. After all, they did seem much more at peace with one another than before. So, I believe we should not worry.”

“Hee, I hope so!” Twilight rolled over onto her back as well, stretching a bit before relaxing her body.

Looking over at her lover, Pinkamena placed a hoof on her chest. “All anypony can do is hope for the best. Remember, it looked rather bleak for Princess Celestia for over a thousand years, but her sister never gave up, and with the assistance of the Elements of Harmony, she was awakened from her slumber. Faith is an amazing concept.”

Nodding in agreement, Twilight scooted closer to her, “You always know the right things to say, Pinkamena! I don’t know what I’d do without your smarts to make me feel better or burst my bubble!”

“I’m sure you would have been fine, Twilight,” Pinkamena spoke up with a smile. “Of course, if we had not met, things would have been vastly different. I can’t honestly say if you would be an alicorn now, or if I would have been a scholar, but life has an odd way of working these things out to assure that flow and balance is always maintained. So, it’s best not to dwell on it.”

“Nopey-dopey-lopey!” Agreed the excitable pony, now crawling on top of Pinkamena, “Why would I want to change something sooooo awesometacular? It’s like taking the icing off a cake and then putting on another kind when it was already delicious to begin with!”

Pinkamena pondered her words for a moment before agreeing. “That’s an interesting way of saying it, but yes, that is true.”

“Yes! Either way, I love you, Pinkie!” Twilight cooed, kissing her sweetly.

“And you know I love you, my Twilight Princess.” Pinkamena cooed back. “Speaking of love, for over the past week or so, we have not had any time to ourselves. Yet, here we are, alone: your family has gone to sleep, Spike is not here, and the royal guards are off shift for the next hour. Was there anything you wanted to do, now that we have privacy?”

A lusty smirk overcame the alicorn’s features, “Let’s have a private party...”

“My, my, that’s an interesting euphemism, Twilight.” Pinkamena chuckled, pulling her lover closer. “One I must admit is very tempting...

“Well, good, because you’re mine now, Pinkamena...

“Ah, but I see you are greatly underestimating my self-control...”

“I’m not looking for self control...” Twilight winked.

“Then, have at me.”

Author's Note:

And it's over! It's all over now, folks! Kind of sad... But it's been a fun ride! Again, thank you guys so much! And of course a big thank-you goes to Poison Cure for this awesome idea and writing this with me. X3 Also give thanks to Lathier for editing! :P

Comments ( 37 )

I wonder what this version of Nightmare Moon (AKA Celestia) was called

3588954 Celestia was actually in a slumber a thousand years, she didnt turn into Nightmare whatever!
Kinda like sleeping beauty, except without the 7 dwarfs and prince charming.

3591810 Wasn't it Snow-White and the seven dwarfs.

3588954 daymare sun
Ive heard that a few times before

3593718 Okay. Thx dude.

Dang ive benn off a while... Like along time... I should read this... But I read 205 pages of harry potter today... Uh..... HOLY CRAP FIMFICTION LOOKS SOOOOO MUCH NICER!!:pinkiegasp:

“And you know I love you, my Twilight Princess.”

No.....NO.....NOOOOO.....JUST...NO. FUCK. NO.

I was gonna do a different type of review (CinemaSins) but then i realized, this story is near sinless! 17 GIANT chapters, and near to no sins, so i decided to review it normal style.

Characters: DAYUUUUUUUUUUM man, you managed to get the right personality of...everyone! Seriously, it feels like i was watching MLP, except it isn't animated! The pseudo-OC's you created are pretty good! And they do feel like parents or so, even though they are based off MLP characters (e.g Cadance, Shining Armor) they still felt like new ponies! I tip my hat to you!
*clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clop* What..wait?
Note: 9.8/10

Clop-olization: I can fap to this. Even though it doesn't feature sex (most of the time, of course), it's alluring enough to leave a man hard. (Not that i did, im resistant to this kind of stuff.)
Note: 9.4/10

Story: THE PLOT, THE PLOT ALL AROUND. I swear, this fic manages to blow me away not only with the close-to-perfection characters, the situation, and the "sexual hints" it manages to blow me away once more with it's plot (No, not that kind of plot!) the story is well based all around and justifies for every action.
Note: 9.3/10

Fluffiness: IT'S SO FLUFFY! SNUGGLINESS ON TWINKIE, FLUFFINESS ON FLUTTERDASH, IT'S WAAY TOO FLUFFY FOR A MAN TO TAKE IT!
Note: 9.9/10

Size: The story in itself is considerably VERY HUGE (That's what she said) for each chapter is big, and contributes greatly to the plot.
9.0/10

Organization/Typos/Pacing: You organizated everything really well, since the chapters, to small plot devices, to the characters shenanigans, and all that. I think you must be a ninja for taking out every typo while i read the story, perhaps because im not really paid attention, but dayuum, i didn't find any typo im concerned of.
The pacing is good, because it not only gives time for the readers to know whats going on but it manages to keep it nice and smooth while everything is happening at a normal time rate, it felt like it was real time on this story.

PS. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH for updating shortly, when i had nothing else to do, i went back and for my delight, there was another perfect (or so i expected) chapter waiting for me.

Usually, im harsher, but this story melt my heart in some way i can only think of kindness to you, mah friend!

FINAL NOTE: 9.8
PS. I can't give it a perfect 10, every story has at least 1 flaw, but it's so good it manages to stay good even with thse flaws! As more as i'd like to do it, i can't give it a perfect 10, sorry. :applecry:

I guess this is my goodbye for you, dear savior of the reading universe, stay good!

-Leo

3621958

Oh my, that's so sweet of you to say!:twilightblush: to be honest, I thought over all, this was solid eight 8 (there was still many things I wanted to delve into, but felt it would slow the story down and take away from the plot) if nothing else, but 9.8 is very kind of you! I'm very glad you seemed to have enjoyed our story and it makes me smile to hear such nice things, despite being only the co-author.

Also, don't apologize for giving an honest review of something you see. :twilightsmile: I like the fact you stand true the understanding that all things in this world suffer from a flaw of some kind and that perfection is a concept that cannot and is not capable of being reached. It's a very mature why of seeing the world and is nice to see other think like this as well for me (being a person who is like that myself, I mean). Still, a 9.8, whether being generous or faithful, makes me feel like all our work, our tears, and joy in writing this was truly seen in it.

You, Leo, have really made me smile today. Thank you for your kind words. I hope to see you reading some of our other stories once we've actually finish them.

3623015
I gave it this much praise because honestly, a story with this kind of quality is hard to find on fimfiction, so you could say i was pretty surprised.
IM TOTALLY NOT OVERDOIN' IT.

I don't care what anyone else says, I have a sequel in mind for this that could blow you away.
I
Kid
You
Not.

3623501
I'm fully behind you on that!:rainbowkiss::pinkiehappy::twilightsmile::yay::moustache::ajsmug::raritystarry::trollestia: This story is so under-ratted (I mean...only 133 up-votes? Come on!) for such a romantic masterpiece. It is The Secret of NIMH among FlutterDash ship fics (and that is Good thing).


4021614
Hmmmm....Care to elaborate with the rest us?:duck:

4330146 Not openly. If you really want to know, I can PM you, just ask! and yes, this is (one of) the best fics ever. EVER.

(and who the hell gave those 15 downvotes? I mean, COME ON!?)
~Wywint

4330479
Okay then, I will.:twilightsmile:

And yeah totally agree with you there.

4330479
(16 Down votes!? WTF... BOOOOOOOM)

4589831
Awwh YEAH!:yay::rainbowkiss::twilightsmile::pinkiehappy:
And I even know some great voice actors that we could ask too.:moustache:

4697007
Actually, I saw it weeks ago (when I first read this fanfic). It just took me now to actually post a reply in agreement.:trollestia:
I wonder though, which of the two alt. pegasi is the better singer?:duck:
If it's alternate Fluttershy, that would both make sense (since she has the same overall voice as cannon Flutters), and be interesting for an alternate version of 'Filly Vanilly'. Instead of stage-fright, alt. Flutters could just be embarrassed and thinking she's "too cool to sing", or something like that. If it's Rainbowshy (as I sometimes like to call her now:rainbowkiss:), then that works too.
Oh, and which of them is afraid of dragons? But, I'm already guessing Rainbowshy is probably the one.

Anyways, I would love to see more fanfics with this alternate pair. I'm already considering putting them into one of my A/U fanfics. What do you think?

4699436

Firstly, you'd be right about the personalities. They are not just mind swapped characters, but rather, a look at how if things had been just a little different they could have grown into very different people- er, ponies. XP We're still playing a prologue in the 'other' reality that explains a lot of that about everyone, so that should clear up and explain more about their personalities.

I'd say Dash is the one afraid of dragons and Flutters would be the one better at singing. :rainbowlaugh: But I could be wrong, mind you (I don't think I am though), but it would make the most sense.

As for using them in a story... go for it! :twilightsmile: We obviously don't own the characters and it would a lot of fun too see more stories taking a unseen twist. 83

4807323
Dang.:rainbowderp:

I can't wait to see that prologue (yay! more of my now fav alt. pony Rainbowshy)!:pinkiehappy::rainbowkiss::yay::heart::twilightsmile:

Oh yeah, were you surprised after seeing 'Simple Ways'?

Yeah, that's what I figured too.:moustache:

YAY!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!:rainbowwild::pinkiehappy::yay:

4807363

Dang indeed... but I perfer bang. :rainbowlaugh:

We'll have to put some more thinking into the plot and all, but I think it'll be a fun read for everyone once we have it done. Until then, be on the lookout for a MASSIVE new story we've been working on. No hints, but it will be an episodic style story with three (maybe four) parts. Meaning it's huge. So, there's at least that coming up soon...ish.

And nothing surprises me these days! :rainbowlaugh: So, unless RariJack becomes cannon (which would be kinda awesome; oh, who am I kidding? That would be SUPER awesome~), I don't think I'll be gasping anytime soon! Why did I say RariJack? Because FlutterDash or Twinkie became cannon, I just go "I KNEW IT!" in a Swedish accent.

Ah, I earned my first moustache! Awesome! :yay:

No need for thanks! NG would have said the same thing, really. Just send us a link if you do because I know we'll wanna read it! :pinkiehappy:

4811732
LOL, yeah that works too.:rainbowlaugh::derpytongue2::raritywink:

Then I will stay posted for any updates.:pinkiehappy:

Well I meant 'Applejewel' and uhhh...Rarity's alter ego being cannon. I think that's what I will be referring to the Applejack of your A/U as from now on. Btw, mind if I use your apple boutique idea for my story too? Except it will be called something like Grand Pomme Boutique, which means 'Big Apple Shop/Boutique' (get it?:trollestia:).:ajsmug:
And Applejewel will have her own assistant. None other than Coco Pommel (see the connection:duck:)!!! Squee*:pinkiehappy::yay:

You are most welcome.:ajsmug:
Here, have another.:moustache:

Okay I will.:twilightsmile:

4807323
Oh yeah I forgot to ask these questions:
Who would have 'The Stare', Rainbowshy or Flutterdash?
Who reads (the equivalent of) Daring Doo books?

4812169

Just my bad jokes... ingore them!

And we should have something new soon! :twilightsheepish: I hope. Depends on editing and what not.

In order of every question:

Go for it! I'm looking forward to see that! And Applejewel? That sound's awesome for a name!

And yes, I see the connection. :rainbowlaugh:

The Stare would be Rainbowshy's as it's animal related.

But neither would reading Daring Do in this reality since there, she's a painter. The big selling adventure series is 'Ditzy and the Doctor'! A time traveling love story qith tons of adventure about unknown stallion who tries to protect the world and his- it Doctor Who basicly. And yes, that was actually what I had in mind writing this story. Oh, and Flutters reads those fo the action, but on the sly like the romance side too.

4812299
Okay. I thought it might be a 'Winning-verse' reference joke.:derpytongue2:

Yay!:yay:

Thanks.:twilightsmile:
And Applejewel was the alt. name AJ used for herself in 'Simple Ways' (in case you forgot).

Hmm, interesting.:raritystarry::moustache:

I promised you a comment of my opinion in the end, but before that, allow me to tell you about my preferences:
- I love FlutterDash (the shipping I mean), but the original one, I already wrote the reason on one of the previous chapters. I also like the alternative ones, but NOT the trans-shipping.
- I prefer "pure" romance stories i.e. no sex (unless it's only implied, I don't really like it being described :scootangel:). Not that I haven't read many stories containing such scenes... :trixieshiftleft:
- I'm a sucker for emotional stories... with ponies crying... not because I'm a heartless bastard, but because that means things are not the way the characters want them to be, so they'll be extremely happy at the end when everything comes to place (assuming it's a happy ending story)

So let's start!
Things I liked:
- the shipping choices
- the concept! :raritystarry: including alternative Mane 6 AND their pets, a mention of Derpy and Thunderlane, Luna as the "main" ruler, a practically unchanged Discord, Gleaming shield and Bolero etc.
- RD and anti-Flutters keeping journals
- Twilight owning a Pinkie plushy :rainbowkiss:
- your writing style
- you kept grammar mistakes to a minimum
this may not seem much. but it kinda covers everything...

Things I didn't like so much:
- Pinkie's and anti-Twilight's too childish way of talking and their pet name choices; Twi-Twi is good, Pinkie-Winkie is barely crossing the line, but "my lovey" or "my sweet honey"... not acceptable, especially considering they weren't lovers practically 'til the last chapter
- The trans-shipping, but hey, it's your story...
- you excluded some not-so-relevant things that would've made the story more interesting, e.g. anti-Fluttershy's Sonic Rainboom equivalent (you mentioned it, but didn't explain it), alternative cutie marks and how they work, Derpy and Thunderlane, the Nightmare Moon story equivalent...
- anti-Spike should have been a girl :scootangel: though that would probably mean (s)he wouldn't like anti-Applejack...
- you didn't make Fluttershy wear green socks :applecry:

That's about all I could think of right now (at 5 AM). Note that this is just my view, your story is great, it deserved my upvote, just not a place in my favourites...
P.S.: I just couldn't seem to be able to imagine Pinkie being so smart and sciency, I don't know why, I kept visualising her as EQG version of herself EVERY TIME she appeared in the scene, made things quite weird... :facehoof:

And sorry for the wall
Keep writing :)

4822883
Because she's best of both canon pegasi characters in one!:yay::heart::rainbowkiss:
Thus, Best Alternate Pony!:twilightsmile:

5271760
I'm guessing "Sunlight" is Celestia-Twilight shipping. Would you recommend to me one of your favourite SunLight fics? (PM me so we don't write unnecessary comments here) I'm trying them all so I can prove to myself that FlutterDash is best shipping :scootangel:

Golden middle - just the obvious: has to be believable, them staying in character (taking in consideration their development through the story), and that pretty much sums it up... Not too fuzzy and fluffy, not too aggressive; I don't know how to put it and "not too much of anything" sounds too stupid.
In this case, "don't put two dominant persons together, 'cause they'll always fight over who's the dominant one (OR it'll work out, but not on a long range, like in the fic)" and "don't put to passive persons together because nothing will happen."
That didn't help much :eeyup:

5278551
Umm, no. That would be 'Twilestia' you are thinking of. 'Sunlight' is the shipping of Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer.:twilightsmile::heart:
And yes, I can gladly show you some fics. In fact, there's an entire group dedicated to shipping Sunset and Twilight together (and another group that deals with all Sunset ships).:pinkiehappy:

Hmmm....I see what you are saying. But, at the same time, I beg to differ. I don't really see it as a pairing of 'two dominant or submissive persons together', but rather a pairing of either two 'physical' (Rainbow Dash and alt. Flutters) or 'emotional' (Fluttershy and alt. Rainbow) persons together. In either case, while it may not be as complimentary as canon FlutterDash, it doesn't mean it couldn't work. Plus, in both same-personality pairings, Fluttershy (canon and alt.) is usually the dominant (if ever so slightly) one.

5071837
I agree on several things, both negative and positive, that you've pointed out on this list.

One that sticks out for me, like a sore purple thumb, is alt. Twilight.:facehoof:
Out of all the alt. Mane 6 characters, this version of Twilight is pretty much my least fav. Thanks to Rainbow Rocks, I finally have another character I can compare her to...she reminds me of Sonata Dusk- except in Twilicorn's body. Of course, I've only seen RR once, but alt. Twilight has a lot more in common with Sonata than either canon Twilight or Pinkie.

5282748
That's kinda what I actually meant to say (about both SunLight and golden middle meaning), but damn it, I was too sleepy :twilightblush: Don't get me wrong, I fully agree with you; as I said, the fic is good and everything worked out fine, it just didn't work that much for me. I haven't felt that je ne sais quoi. :ajsleepy:

I must admit, I haven't seen the EQG yet, so I have no idea who Sonata Dusk is, but I guess I'll have to watch it so I can read your recommendations. Thanks for that, by the way :twilightsmile:

5283251
LOL. That can happen when you are sleepy.:rainbowlaugh:

And yeah, I can understand what you're getting at.

Well Sonata Dusk doesn't appear until the sequel, 'Rainbow Rocks', but if you want to watch 'Equetria Girls' for Sunset, go right ahead....just take it with a grain of salt (and you may need to pause it once in a while to either vent out or catch something you missed). But the sequel is better.

And you're welcome btw.:raritywink:

This fanfic is amazing, but I think it would have been a great idea to write a side story which contains all the intimate scenes. I've seen it on other fanfics and it allows you to be more immersed in the story in my opinion

ok then this is one wigged out story no idea on what to think other then wow

Uh, I think you forgot to close out the indention at the end of the story. Nice ending though. Glad that everything turned out okay.

A couple of things I'm curious about regarding this story (and whenever you have the time to answer them):

“But that’s impossible! It didn’t say what would happen if there was only one unicorn or alicorn performing it! ...But I think I see what you’re saying,” Twilight realized, looking over the spell again. “And it’s no wonder Pinkie walking away from it contributed to it messing up. I was doing it wrong all along.”

So between Pinkie moving away from her marker and Twilight not having another unicorn assisting, how did these two mistakes cause the spell to fail? Was it more one than the other or did they both contribute in some way?

Through this ordeal, I’ve learned that, no matter how difficult, strange, or frightful a problem or issue is, you should never try to avoid it. I wish I had known that before all this had happen. It’s best to face each situation with honesty, even if you’re afraid of the outcome, and that bottling up your emotions can lead to very bad decisions. I will try my best from now on to not run away from things like this, and be true to my heart. Also, I want to apologize if word of what happened reached you before this and if you were worried. I’m glad to say, though, that everything is wonderful now. Oh, and please do tell Discord thank you for his help in this as well. ~Fluttershy

Based on this, how would you summarize Fluttershy's experience over the course of the story? (Her mindset, how it influenced the choices she made during her time in the other dimension, and how it all ties into this lesson)

Login or register to comment