• Published 1st Jul 2013
  • 6,725 Views, 174 Comments

Foals are invading! - FaelaArts



Celestia encounters problems when Queen Chrysalis tries to take over Canterlot again, and she is forced to use her failsafe on all ponies in the room. Well, two Alicorns, a Draconequus and a changeling.

  • ...
4
 174
 6,725

En garde!


Pinkie Pie was an expert at multitasking, it was one of her many talents. However when tasked with the handling of someone who wouldn’t smile, it was hard not to focus on that instead of her job. It was made worse by the fact the Cakes had gone on a picnic, so they had closed the store for the day. She had only one thing to focus on, the small Alicorn filly named Luna.

Luna had been fairly quiet for a foal, not too demanding and content to sit and watch the sky from the window. However when Pinkie Pie had tried to feed her without the Cakes nearby, problems had begun. Reaching out to pick up Luna, Pinkie’s mouth opened to speak.

“Luna, it’s time for lunch, afterwards we can makes cupcakes. Won’t that be fun?” At the mention of food, Luna suddenly vanished, leaving Pinkie Pie clutching thin air. Turning around, she saw Luna at the front windows, peering outside. Walking over, Pinkie saw Luna glance in her direction, before vanishing once more.

Leaping over the counter, Pinkie Pie dive-bombed thin air, catapulting to the side to land on a table to ensnare thin air. Leaping up the stairs she smashed into the window, complete with thin air. Jumping back downstairs, she leapt for the door, turning around and gasping for breath as her eyes whirled around the room.

“Come on Luna, it’s only Lunch. Or is it the cupcakes you don’t like? I thought everyone liked cupcakes. I’ll even make some Rainbow ones if ya like.” As Pinkie finished talking, she realised Luna had failed to remerge. Pulling a net out from behind her back, ear twitching, eyes flickering, she advanced slowly around the room.

Oooh Luuuna. Where’s the cute little itty bitty baby I know is around here? Why doesn’t she want her lunch. Ok, how about I make Lulu a deal. We eat cupcakes first before we eat lunch. How about it Lulu?” Gazing around the room, Pinkie Pie saw a form flicker into view before going invisible again. She smiled, there was no running from Pinkie Pie.

Leaping forward, she captured the air that held the invisible foal. Her grin stretched wide as she felt the net give, she had caught something! Holding the net carefully, so as not to lose her prey, she carefully put a hoof in to grab; thin air. The net flopped, her prey gone.

Turning around slowly, grin still stuck on her face, ear twitching, eyes combing the room, she saw the little foal perched on the front bench, watching her. Her smile didn’t fade as she carefully approached the foal.

“EN GARDE!”


Roughly an hour later, Cadence opened the door, and could only blink. There was flour everywhere, rainbow icing splattering the walls. She counted over 50 butterfly nets, and there might have been a hook shot in there too. In the middle of the mess, Pinkie Pie sat nursing Luna as she drunk the milk from her bottle. Her hair was a mess, more so than usual. Eyes bloodshot, ear twitching, she seemed to be only just calming down.

Luna saw Cadence approach, and vanished from view. Pinkie Pie watched as the bottle fell to the floor, before exploding.

“AHCANTAKEHITSHEWONTBENICE!” Throwing her hands into the air, Pinkie Pie fell backwards, and fell straight to sleep. A moment later, Luna reappeared on her chest, eating something invisible in the air.

Cadence sighed, gently picking up Luna in her magic. She didn’t know what she had been expecting, but it wasn’t this.

Eying Luna suspiciously she said, “I think you did that on purpose.” Luna of course, merely continued eating the air. Gently closing the door, Cadence left Pinkie Pie sleeping.

Of course, it was never as simple as walking back to the library, when a pegasus who liked crashing into ponies, lived in town. Narrowly avoiding both Cadence and Luna, Rainbow Dash stunk the landing, getting a mouthful of dirt.

“Oh hey Cadence, how’s the babysitting the rulers of Equestria, Lord of Chaos, and Queen of the changelings goin?” Rainbow Dash pulled herself out of the dirt, and spat out what had gotten in her mouth, dusting herself off.

“It could be worse, I think,” mused Cadence. She wasn’t honestly sure how worse it could get, but it definitely could. And she had a very bad feeling that fate would make sure it would go wrong. But she couldn’t explain why.

“So what cha doin with Luna?” Rainbow Dash had finally recovered from yet another crash landing, and had actually noticed the small dark blue form on Cadence’s back.

“Pinkie Pie couldn’t handle taking care of her, so I’m going to take her back to the library with me. I can handle one foal, it’s just four is well over my limit.” She laughed nervously at her words as she noticed Dash was peering at Luna.

“I might come around tomorrow, see how you are doing. I’d be happy to help raise one of them if you want.” Cadence saw Dash reach for Luna, and jumped back out of reflex.

“NO, thanks but no thanks! I’d rather not stress Luna more then needed today!” Dash frowned, but shrugged off Cadence’s words. Hiding a sigh of relief, she could only feel relieved that Dash wasn’t that interested. A stubborn pony was not what she needed. Carefully retreating, she bid farewell to Dash, who flew off shortly after.

She could only hope that Dash wouldn’t try to babysit one of them, there were some ponies that could not, and must not, take care of a foal.


“Twilight I’m back!” Cadence knocked on the door, waiting for a reply. Twilight seemed to have a lot more experience then Cadence had first thought. When she had asked about it, Twilight had mentioned she had to take care of Spike for most of her life.

“Welcome back! The door's open so come in.” Twilight’s reply was devoid of any of the obvious signs of stress, and as Cadence opened the door to the pleasantly warm room. She was relieved to see nothing amiss. Twilight was reading a book while nursing Celestia. She had grown a fair amount overnight, but she was not a filly just yet.

“An problems with Celestia?” Cadence put down her saddlebags near the door, glancing toward the kitchen where Spike was warming up some milk.

Twilight closed the book and raised her head to greet Cadence. She was completely relaxed. Celestia was completely different to raising a baby dragon of course, but she was well behaved and easy to read. In other words it wasn’t hard to work out what she wanted. Of course there was one problem.

“Not really, she nearly burned down the building twice while you were gone, but it’s getting less frequent as she grows.” Cadence sighed, well that was good news. They had spent half the night getting Celestia to sleep, and ensuring she didn’t burn down the place. However she did make a good heater.

“That’s good to hear. Fluttershy is having some trouble, and I don’t think her bunny is helping the situation. Applejack is having very little problems, I think. It’s hard to tell when Chriss-Chrisalis is threatening an apple tree.” Twilight blinked and raised an eyebrow.

“And you don’t want to know what Pinkie Pie’s place was like. I’ve got Luna with me.” Pulling the foal off her back, she gently placed her on the ground so she could explore. Walking toward Twilight she got a better look at Celestia.

“Well the good news is the spell does seem to be wearing off. But it’s hard to tell how long it will take before they return to normal.” Twilight pulled a book from the shelf and opened it to a page. On it, describe the effects of a spell being separated, and how long it can take to wear off.

Suddenly, Celestia gave a yawn and opened her eyes, gaining both pony’s attention. The foal glanced toward Luna, and they locked eyes. A small giggle escaped her mouth, and a small smile tugged at Luna’s in response. Twilight let Celestia down near Luna so they could spend time together.

“It’s funny how quiet it is,” remarked Twilight. Spike walked into the room with the bottle of milk and glanced to the two foals. Cadence smiled as well, the two were close even as foals.

And then the building set on fire.

Again.