• Published 16th Jun 2013
  • 1,955 Views, 50 Comments

Rainbow Dash analyzes The Bible - Enigma Machine



What is it with Religion? Rainbow Dash gets a Bible and decides to analyze it to the core to see how much there is about this subject. The result is clear.

  • ...
62
 50
 1,955

The Creation Story

Rainbow Dash turns on her camera and sits down on the couch.

"What's up, champs?

Many of you don't seem to like that I like getting trolled by retards who obviously aren't serious at all. So I will now get myself trolled by retards who are very serious.

I will start to analyze the Bible from now on. For that I've already ordered one copy and what is the first thing anyone with a healthy brain should do when he or she picks up a bible?"

Rainbow Dash ignites a lighter and moves the flame towards the book. She immediately puts it out and says in an exaggerated tone:

"Oh no, that is something I would never do! *cough cough*

By the way, I never had religion class, am not baptized or confirmed, and by general means don't have any idea what I'm about to read. But let's dive completely unprejudiced into this holy book of filly molesters."

She opens the book to the first page of the creation story.

"...For which I actually payed 20 bits for! Come on, does it really cost 20 bits to create this book? One could assume that there are ponies out there who want to profit of the word 'God', or maybe yes?

If you take the production, the materials, the print, and the distributing into consideration, I can't really believe that this extravagant toilet paper is worth more than three or four bits. But that's okay of course. I am ABSOLUTELY certain that the money will find EXCLUSIVELY positive usage."

She turns back to the book for a second but looks up again.

"Oh yeah, did you know that the Bible is with two billion sold copies the most sold book in history? So if there's someone with a clue for merchandise out there, it's the church."

There was another short pause.

"Wait, I've just remembered... Aww crap, I really have to read this now, do I?"


"In the beginning God created the heavens and Equestria."

"Hooold on, in the beginning he created heavens and Equestria, but where did he put that if there wasn't anything else yet? Shouldn't there be some kind of 'universe' first?

And who or what is supposed to be this 'God'? In normal stories the protagonist is at least introduced somehow, but here we have to just accept the fact that there's some dude called 'God' coming along who 'creates' something.

Well okay, guess that's not too important...

"And Equestria was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."

Ahhh okay, so we already had water so you can fly over it. Nice. But what exactly now is the difference between 'God' and the 'Spirit of God'? Those are the first two pages of this gammon and I think that's a little bit cryptic.

"And God said..."

Oh look, now it's 'God' again and not the 'Spirit of God'. That dude is only used so he can fly over the water like a boss.

"And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good."

So he said 'let there be light', and I guess he created the sun by that. Gangster shit.

But let's focus on something else: "And God said, and God saw, and God here and there and everywhere." And, and, and. The most used word so far is 'and'. Was this book written by some filly who was beaten up on the schoolyard?

"... and, and, and, and then he hit meeee!!! And, and, and, and, and they took my lunch!!! And, and, and, and they did not help me!!! UWAAAAAAAHH!!!"

Am I the only one to see some minor connections here?

"And then God separated the light from the darkness, and God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night." Yeah.

So he made it so there were different daytimes. Respect and praise, dude.

Okay, now comes something I found very confusing at first. Or better said, I simply did not want it to be true.

"And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. And God called the vault “sky”."

Okay, let's try to clarify this. God created the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above the vault.

We have Equestria here. There's water on it. That is the water under the vault. Then comes the vault, and on top of it is another layer of water God separated from the planet.

You get this?? The face cloth who wrote this actually thought the universe was made of water, and our planet had some sort of 'glass protection' around it, the vault, which keeps the water away. And God called this vault 'sky'.

That is by far... Yeah, really by far the dumbest thing I've ever read. That is perhaps on the same level of 'The world is flat' or something.

I guess those guys were like: *Points up* Blue! *Points down* Blue! *Points up* Water! Ahaaa! *Points up* God! Vault! *Points to self* Retarded!

"And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. And God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good."

... So... We have... Waterworld. With Kevin Costner.

Then the water has to gather at certain locations and the dry lands should be made visible. How exactly is this supposed to work? Where is the water supposed to go that covers the entire world? Did he pull a colossal plug so it can evaporate? Or did the holy Spirit of God take a giant straw and drank it all away as he was hovering over it?

But why didn't he just take less water from the beginning? Did God miscalculate?

"And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. And God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. And God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good."

Ah okay, so 'Let there be light' wasn't actually the sun, but only his Zippo or something. Cool story bro.

But why did he even make day and night a second time? Was his first day and night not 'fresh' enough yet and so he made 'Day and Night - Reloaded'? 'Day and Night 2.0 - Now with extra deluxe lights'?

It was said in the beginning that God separated the light from the darkness and called the light 'day' and the darkness 'night'. And then that there would be lights in the vault to separate day and night. So he already made day and night but created the transition between day and night later?

Did the author of this text really think that those lights in the vault don't actually have anything to do with the actual brightness and are only there for decoration? But I mean, as today we've also learned that there's a giant paddling pool covered by a gigantic glass bulb in the universe, I doubt there's anything that's not possible!

"Then God said, “Let us make ponies in our image, in our likeness"."

Who is 'us' now? He and his spirit? Some other gods? His wasted homies cheering to him from the side? "God! God! God! Ey yo, how 'bout you make ponies, yo! In our likeness and stuff, biatch!"

"So God created ponies in his own image, in the image of God he created them; stallion and mare he created them. And God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number"."

Okay, let's try to understand this. Equestria is according to today's scientific research about 4.5 billions years old, and was according to this book only created a few days before ponies, so ponies are apparently also 4.5 billion years old. So we survived both the dinosaurs and the ice age.

Now that's some amazing stuff right there! I always thought there was this little thing called 'evolution'. How silly of me!


But okay, that was the first chapter of the Bible. What can I say now?"

Rainbow Dash looks at the lighter.

"Oh noo! Hehe.

In the next episode, provided religious fundamentalists didn't burn me to death on the pyre by then, you will see 'The Paradise'. Yeah."

She moves towards the camera and turns it off.

Author's Note:

This is for comedic purposes only. I'm Christian myself, but that doesn't stop me from making fun of my holy book. :P

Please don't take anything personal! I'm not judging any religious people.

A first timer's story. I'm open to any sort of criticism and language corrections!