• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 3,765 Views, 97 Comments

The Vanilla and Twilight Adventures - VanillaBeam



What if Twilight Sparkle shrunk down to Vanilla's size and they did stuff...... it was cool

  • ...
11
 97
 3,765

Some Catching Up to Do

Being that the gang of tinies were...... so tiny, time seemed to go a lot slower. Normal steps from the giant equines took about maybe three seconds to lift and stomp down, rather than at most one second. It was the same story when it came to Rarity. It would normally take about say...... ten minutes to get from The Carousel Boutique to Sugar Cube Corner by hoof, but from the little ponies point of view, it probably was going to take a half an hour. Luckily, the ride wasn't that rough, aside from climbing down the stairs of the Boutique, that was a wild ride to say the least.

Riding in Rarity's tail was actually quite relaxing. The curliness of her tail made it very easy to just sit in it, and not having to worry about falling to your imminent and immediate doom. Rarity didn't seem to be in a rush, so she had no need to run, and risk having one of the fillies loose their grip and be flung off to their deaths. Not to mention, her gentle and elegant trotting lightly swung her tail to and fro. And being that she bathed like twice a day, her tail had the most delightful fragrance to ever grace your nostrils, opposed to though, the layers of perfume that she applied to the front of her that would set your nose a blaze even when you're not the size of an ant.

The ride was so relaxing and calm, all three of the small fillies felt the need to take a nap after all that they went through in such a short amount of time. Sweetie Belle was tense the least out of the three. Yes she almost was crushed by the same house sized hoof that rubbed her and calmed her whenever she was scared or sad, but Rarity was still her sister, and she knew she still loved her "little" sister. Sweetie Belle felt more secure than ever as she laid in the thorns and vines and soft bristles of her "BIG" sisters tail like a blanket.

Twilight Sparkle and Vanilla Beam just sat next to each other and watched the fillies sleep, making sure they were safe. This would be an everyday sight for Vanilla, but this was a whole new perspective for the unicorn in training. She looked up and around at the purple cocoon-like structure, made of the same soft cords that make up the tail on her very own flank. And accompanied with this sight, the sounds of Rarity stomping like a giant on the outside made Twilight's nerves stand on edge. Vanilla could see she was a little scared, and eased himself over toward her to comfort her. Twilight was a little jumpy at first, but quickly calmed down to see it was only her best friend coming to caress her.

"I never thought that riding in your best friend's tail would be so........ intimidating, yet relaxing." said Twilight, looking all around again.

"Yeah, but once you're as small as I am, and as long as I've been, you eventually get use to it with any situation. Whether rough, or easy, the rides all feel the same to me." Vanilla said. Twilight had that thought of being tiny forever, but those thoughts erased from her mind when she remembered that she would eventually get big again. She then began conversing with Vanilla again.

"How did it feel when you were first shrunk?" she asked. "Y-You don't have to answer that if you don't feel like it.".

Vanilla just shrugged. "Eh, I don't mind telling. I'd rather have people know and understand than put a mask of bravery when that's not me." he said. "When Hexel first shrank me and threw me out into the new world of giants, I was pretty freaked out. No one seemed to notice me, no matter how loud I screamed, no one's ears seemed to pick me up from all the way down here. And even if the giants did see me, they would look at me as some weird looking white ant, and then proceed to grab the nearest pesticide and try to spray me dead, or do it the old fashion way and just stomp stomp stomp." Twilight could tell that Vanilla was getting a little uncomfortable retelling the story of his past, but he pressed on.

"It wasn't just the giants I had to worry about. I also had to deal with: rushing rivers created by watering cans, the bombs of rain drops, giant carnivorous bugs, and lawn mowers....... " Vanilla was shuddering at those two words, as they were the worst things he could ever remember from his first days of being shrunk. "But the worst thing I had to deal with when I was first shrunk.............. was the feeling of loneliness." he said, with a growing sadness that started to show. "Ever since my parents died, I always had to deal with the feeling of being alone. But when I was shrunk, that feeling grew as big as the world itself. To scream for someone to just look down, and help me, and to not have any kind of response, it was just.......... horrible." She could hear the shakiness of his voice, and she sat closer to him, and wrapped a forearm around him.

"But the day when Fluttershy found me on the ground, I had to be the luckiest young stallion in the world, because I don't know how much farther I could've gone on before I would've given up and just let a pony passing by just squish me." he said. "Oh come on now." said Twilight, trying to reassure Vanilla of those negative thoughts. "I really mean it Twilight. I was so down on my luck, but Fluttershy found me and took me in, and then you all joined in and gave me a new family. And YOU Twilight, you became the best friend that I never could've dreamed of having. And that's why it's my job to protect you and the little ones, I never thought I would ever have this opportunity to thank you for giving me everything I needed to be happy again."

Twilight warmly smiled and gave Vanilla a sweet, tender hug, which Vanilla graciously returned back to her. "I'm glad that you have been my closest friend for so long, and I love you so much." he said to her. Those words made Twilight blush brightly, though she knew what he meant. "I love you too Vanilla, I always have, and will." she replied as they released the hug. "I just wished everyone had a better memory of me like you do." Vanilla said. "Everyone seems to have forgotten that I even existed, unless I am reminded to them. Even Princess Luna almost forgot I existed. How can a princess even forget the only pony the size of an ant?" he said, almost in a depressing manor. Twilight just rubbed his back.

"Oh you just need to get closer to the girls like you are with me. And as for Luna, I'm sure even though she comes into everypony's dreams, I'm sure she's seen you lots of times, but just forgot you were tiny. It happens sometimes." Twilight spoke with understanding, but knew that it was probably just a misunderstanding that they were sometimes forgetful of her tiny best friend.

"But lets not dwindle on that subject Vanilla, I think we're almost at Sugar Cube Corner." she said as she poked her head out of the wall of purple cords. She could see past the wall of white fur that was Rarity's belly, and see the gingerbread made store just standing there, like a castle for giants itself drawing near.

"Alright, I guess we should wake the fillies up now." said Vanilla as he made his way toward the crusaders.