• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 3,751 Views, 97 Comments

The Vanilla and Twilight Adventures - VanillaBeam



What if Twilight Sparkle shrunk down to Vanilla's size and they did stuff...... it was cool

  • ...
11
 97
 3,751

At The Library

It was just like any other day at the library. Everything was in order, the skies were clear, and no disaster had happened in Ponyville for a while. Twilight Sparkle was sitting in the library just making up charts and lists and all of the things that she deemed organized. She would have Spike to help her, but he decided to go migrating with the dragons this year. Luckily for him, Twilight matched him up with a very nice female dragon, that is sure to look after him.

But for Twilight, she didn't worry about how she was doing in her work. She never really needed an assistant, though she'll never tell Spike that. She always had Spike around because she took care of him since day one, and that she always enjoyed having a little friend to keep her company. Now with Spike gone, things were just too quiet, even for a library. So all Twilight did was read her books, that she's re-read hundreds of times.

But there would be some form of noise soon enough. As Twilight was in her sixth chapter of the book, she heard a faint squeaking noise. She looked up, and looked around. No one was in the library. So she thought nothing of it, and went back to her novel. As she read, she heard the squeaking again. A little annoyed now, she looked around again. No one. She rolled her eyes and looked to the floor. When she did, she saw the cause of the squeaking.

It was her good friend Vanilla Beam. Now Vanilla, was about the size of an itty bitty bug. But it wasn't his fault. In fact, I think there is a story about him somewhere, I don't know. Anyway, Vanilla and Twilight were very close with each other, when ever Twilight would visit him, he'd always leap onto her, almost reaching her knee. And Twilight enjoyed him too. He was almost like her tiny shadow, though hers engulfed him.

"Hey there Vanilla." Twilight said with a smile. She extended her hoof for him to climb up onto. He in turn, would leap onto her hoof, and she would bring it up to her face.

"Hi Twilight." he said in return. "What are you reading this time?"

"Oh, I got bored, and decided to read a Daring Do novel."

"Oh cool." said Vanilla. "I love it when you read Daring Do to me. I always love how she can put her life in the middle of danger, and barely break a sweat. I wish I could go on adventures like that."

"But you do it all the time Vanilla." said Twilight. "You're the size of a teeny little jellybean. You're able to have adventure after adventure everyday. I'm the one who is dying to go on an adventure at least once."

"Really?" asked Vanilla. "I thought you loved nothing more than to read your books, and study and stuff." Twilight giggled at that statement, because it was true.

"Yes I do. But that doesn't mean I can't be adventurous every once in a while." she said. Vanilla nodded and stretched his nose out. Twilight smiled, and nuzzled him, pushing him on her hoof and nose. While doing this, Twilight gained an idea. "Hey! I got an idea!" she said. "I learned some size spells recently. I'll have a little adventure with you."

"You sure you want to?" he asked. "I mean, it can be fun at first, but it gets pretty dangerous. Everything wants to crush, squish, or eat you."

"Oh I'll be fine. What's the worst that could happen? If I get in too much danger, I'll go back to normal size."

"I guess you have a point." he said. "Alright, I'll meet you down here." With that said, Twilight gently lowered Vanilla to the floor, and stepped a couple hooves back. Vanilla sat down (or was made to sit from the tremors) and watched Twilight do her magic. Twilight closed her eyes and concentrated. Her horn began to glow, and sparks flew out of it. Her body began to glow as well. And then, her body began to shrink. It got smaller and smaller and smaller, until finally, she was Vanilla's size. Twilight ran up to him and gave him a big hug.

"It's the first time I've ever gotten to hug you like this." she said in excitement.

"I really really love your giant hugs. But it does feel nice to wrap my arms around somepony again." he said. They both shared a long hug, as Twilight looked around. She was in awe at how much bigger the library looked at their size. She seemed a little intimidated at first, then saw that it would be like heaven if she was in a library this big.

"Wow." she said. "I never knew how big your world is."

"You think this is big, wait til you see one of our friends from this size." said Vanilla.

"Oh my goodness!" she said in realization. "I should tell my friends about me being shrunk first. I don't want to have them accidently squish us you know."

Vanilla agreed to that decision, and stood back again to give Twilight some room. Twilight closed her eyes and concentrated. Her horn began to glow, but there were no sparks this time. She kept trying and trying, but nothing was happening. Vanilla had a worried look.

"Oh no." she said. "I used a lot of magic in that size spell. I can't.... seem to get back to normal."

"Y-You mean, you can't use your magic anymore?" asked a worried Vanilla.

"Oh no no no no, it just means it needs to recharge." she said. "I'll get back to normal, but it'll take a while."

"Well, if you want to, lets go outside and look at the world outside." said Vanilla. Twilight nodded and followed him outside. As they walked out, they were nearly blinded by the sun. It looked even brighter at their size. But their eyes adjusted to the sun, and saw that the grass itself were like trees, and the trees were like the size of castles. They trotted out to the road, and saw an amazing site. All of the ponies who were in the distance looked HUGE. They could even hear the thunder coming from their hooves.

"They're so big." said Twilight. "I never knew I was THAT huge to you Vanilla. It must be very scary to see me all the time at that size."

"Not at all Twilight." he said. "You are very nice Twilight. I'd never be afraid of you." Just then, the ground began to quake, and the two tiny ponies saw a very large shadow loom over them. They looked back, and saw two giantess's of who they knew of very well.