• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 3,751 Views, 97 Comments

The Vanilla and Twilight Adventures - VanillaBeam



What if Twilight Sparkle shrunk down to Vanilla's size and they did stuff...... it was cool

  • ...
11
 97
 3,751

It Was An Accident

One day at the library, Twilight Sparkle was just laying on the floor, with an open book right in front of her, just reading away at the latest issue of Canterlot Cannibal: Twenty Four. She still had about seven more issues to get caught up on, and she wasn't intending on being tardy for the next Ponyville Book Club session, since that was going to be the latest topic. Although Twilight knew that no matter what, she would always be ahead of the game, because unlike the other ponies, she knew of the very rare Volume: 31.

She was so caught up in her latest issue, that she completely zoned out from the rest of the world. The only thing that mattered to her at that particular time was her book. She wouldn't have been able to hear any of the fillies playing quite loudly outside of the library, or Pinkie Pie with one of her loud parties going on all the way at sugarcube corner, or even the faint cries of a pony crying to her for help.

At last one in particular was actually happening inside of her library at that very moment. On one of her writing desks where she would write out her weekly letters to her Mentor Princess Celestia, was the very diminutive and quite minuscule earth pony known as Vanilla Beam. He was standing on the very edge of the desk, making extra precautions not to fall off and hit the unforgiving hardwood floor below, as he screamed at the top of his lungs for his current host to gain his attention. He had been doing it for the past six hours, and after a while of nearly dodging her falling hoofsteps, and being able to climb onto her tail only to be flicked off like a mere pest, he was slowly beginning to run out of options, and wondered if he would ever be found again.

He feared that Twilight Sparkle had forgotten about his existence, and was going to end up crushing or suffocating him unaware to the rest of the world, so he wanted to get her attention quickly and sufficiently, but he didn't know how. At the very least, he was out of harm's way and not liable to be crushed. But there was still the issue of getting his tiny voice to be heard by her gigantic ears, in which said voice was starting to strain from all of the screaming.

Eventually, he decided to scan his nearby area for some type of attention grabber, that would be more fit to his stature, but would still be seen by her. And he soon found what he was looking for, one of the quill ink containers that she placed on her desk didn't seem to be placed in a well-thought position. In fact, it seemed to be very close to the edge of the table, and one simple little bump by the giant pony could send it on to the floor. Or possibly, maybe a nudge from a very diminutive Pony could possibly knock it onto the floor and gain her attention! It was fool proof. And at long last, after a long day of nearly getting crushed and being overlooked, Vanilla could finally rest easy for the rest of the day.

As he made his way across the desk, getting closer to the ink container, he could hear the turning of the pages and Twilight's massive book. He could also hear the monstrous breathing from her gigantic lungs as she basically had no other form of communication at this point. She was fully entranced in that book, which made things twice as hard for Vanilla to gain her attention. But he knew that this major shift in interior decorating, it would definitely throw her off her balance, and she would have no choice but to finally see him.

He finally made it up to the container, he had to hold his breath, for the fumes of the ink inside were extremely strong, and already began to make him feel light-headed. With no time to lose, he began rearing his legs, and thrusting them forward to push the house sized container across the very little space in between the desk and the edge. He had to muster up all of his strength, and take a few running starts to nugget ever-so-slightly forward. As he continued this pattern over and over, Twilight was nearing the end of her book, so his time with her in that particular position with rowing dimmer with each passing second. He knew that if she walked away by now, it would be way longer before she would even think of coming back to this desk.

But luckily for him, he didn't know just how far off of the edge the container truly was, and with one last huge tackle, the container begin to angle itself off of the ledge, and gravity soon did the rest of the work for him. The contents inside the container soon began spilling out before it even hit the floor with extremely loud bang, at least to his ears. But he didn't even care about the sound that the container would make, as long as it was able to be picked up by her ears, he couldn't be any more happier.

As soon as the dish hit the floor, the contents inside of it spilled all over the floor, and on top of the huge book, definitely gaining Twilight's attention, as she let out a roar of surprise and fear, watching one of her most prized possessions, next to the thousands of other books she had stored in her Library, instantly be ruined buy a permanent black puddle of ink.

"GAH!" she shouted. "Nononononono! Not this issue! I didn't finish! Ahhhh! What happened?" All she had to do was take a look across from the book, and see the now almost empty ink container sprawled out onto the floor, along with a huge black stain of the contents inside.

Her look of shock soon turned into a look of annoyance and anger. She knew that her ink container was in a position to where it wouldn't have fallen off of the desk. And since Spike was asleep, as the baby dragon usually was, she knew that it couldn't have been his fault. She wanted to know who or what was the cause of her now ruined book, so she finally stood up and looked at the desk, to see what exactly did this damage.

As Twilight slowly began to stand up to her full height, her shadow began to cover most of the desk, shrouding the little pony in darkness. Even though Twilight was a very kind unicorn as much to his knowledge, he still felt very intimidated whenever she was right in front of him. And the fact that she rose like a monster from the Seas really made him a little on edge. But even with him being caught in her massive shadow, he still was very relieved that she was finally looking around on the table. So now all he had to do was frantically wave his arms so that her eyes might finally latch in his direction.

Much to his excitement, her eyes soon caught a glimpse of the tiny Pony as he was bouncing around on her desk and waving his arms like a child, basically in a form of confession that he was the one that did it, and he was very satisfied and relieved that she had finally noticed his existence, after seven hours of desperate screaming and surviving, he had finally been found.

"TWILIGHT! DOWN HERE! OVER HERE!" He screamed in much delight, as her face slowly loomed closer to him and squinted, possibly to get a better look at him.

"Vanilla Beam? Did you knock over my ink container?" boomed the mighty unicorn, as her voice rumbled through his body. And much to the chagrin of the earth pony, her voice wasn't in a form of comfort, but again in a form of aggravation.

"Y-YES! I DID! I HAD TO PUSH IT OFF!" he admitted to the lavender pony. He was starting to get a little bit worried about her actual intentions now that she knew where he was and what he did.

"VANILLA!" she roared, which sent him rolling backwards across the desk, pushing him nearly halfway to his inevitable fall. It was very clear now that her voice was now in a much more angered tone.

"Do you realize what you did? You completely ruined this incredibly hard to find issue of Canterlot Cannibal!"

"I-I know, but I had-" but soon the little earth pony was cut off as the giant continued her tirade.

"I'm supposed to have this issue read by tomorrow, and now I can't even read half of the book because the ink seeped through almost all of the pages!"

"I'm sorry. I was just trying to get your attention an-"

"REALLY? You couldn't have done it in a less messy manor? You couldn't have got me to notice you without ruining one of my books? Why didn't you just simply try to call out to me?"

"I was trying to, but you weren't answering for a long time, and I-"

"Maybe you could have just waited until I was done and the book was out of the way, and then it wouldn't have got damaged, and I could have just easily cleaned up the ink. I just don't know why you decided to do it at this particular point." By this point, Vanilla was visually starting to get distressed. The tears were really welling up in his eyes, and his heart was slowly snapping in two.

"I.... I'm sorry, Twilight. It was the only thing I could think of." He said, his tone really getting shaky, and him barely being able to keep a controlled and calm voice.

"Well now I gotta explain why half of my book is now covered in black ink. That's going to be really embarrassing, and very unprofessional for me. Honestly, Vanilla Beam. What were you thinking?"

"I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO BE ALONE AGAIN! I'M SORRY!" he finally screamed out, almost blowing his voice out at long last after the longtime of him trying to gain Twilight's attention, was now trying to beg for her forgiveness.

However, before he could let her do such a thing, he immediately began running off of the desk, to find the nearest table leg, so he could slide down on it, and give her the space that she wanted, since she seemed to be extremely upset at him. But arguably, he was more upset, because he felt that once again he had screwed up in a major way. Even before he was permanently stuck in such a tiny stature, he had always been viewed as someone who constantly made mistakes, and made things extremely difficult for other ponies, let alone flat-out ruining whatever they had. And these thoughts ring through his mind once more, as not only did he feel completely alone, but that he would never be able to truly be of use, and with just constant make things worse or ruin other ponies possessions.

Once he had made it all the way to the floor, he galloped as fast as he could out of the library, warm tears flowing down his cheeks as he found the nearest cubby, away from any other pony's view, and sat inside of the dark chasm and cried his eyes out. It was the first time in a while that he had ever felt so alone after being discovered. For so long, he had gone unnoticed, unheard, nearly crushed, nearly suffocated, and now belittled even more for his own mistake of trying to get himself discovered. He felt that it would pretty much be his only destiny to once again be crushed like the insignificant bug that he now was.

BOOOOOOM BOOOOOOOOM BOOOOOOOOOOOOM BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

He could hear the explosions quite clearly ringing in his ears. He could also feel each earth-shaking vibration within their rhythmic patterns. Twilight Sparkle seemed to be stomping toward him, and knowing what kind of mood that she was in already, she knew that she wasn't going to have a pleasant time with him. In fact, with every thought racing through his mind, and feeling how strong the tremors were as she got closer, his mindset was that she was going to just flat-out stomp on him, and put him out of his misery, and finally keep him out of her and her friends manes.

"N-No... please.... Twilight..... don't step on me. Please...." he cried out in fear.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM....... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.....

The tremors grew stronger as she got closer to the opening where Vanilla was currently sitting inside. The tears falling down his eyes grew fuller as he began getting more scared the closer she got.

"I-I'm sorry....... I'm sorry....." he continued to beg, his voice getting weaker and weaker, as the towering lavender titan continued stomping towards the area he was in.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

One of her gigantic hooves stomped down almost right in front of the entrance, and the only way out, completely shifting and quaking the room around him, and blowing a gust of wind from the air that was pushed out from underneath of the platform through his mane and tail. The impact was also strong enough to force a tiny shriek from the even tinier earth pony as he felt that the end was near for him.

Twilight stood outside trying to find the miniature pony that found a hiding spot within the library, and was soon able to identify his location from the microscopic bawling that she heard from a tiny little space in between a couple of her books. By this point, but unaware to him, she had already calm down and was looking for him in a way to apologize, and hearing his absolutely tiny whimpers and cries broke her heart a little bit more. She then leaned her head down towards the opening, and began trying to coax him out.

"Vanilla Beam?" She asked down to him. She tried to make sure that her tone of voice wasn't as intimidating as it would normally be for him, and to his ears, her voice was still just as deep and booming, but now it at least didn't sound like she was angrily shouting down to him.

"If you're in there, please come out. I just want to talk to you for a bit. Please don't be scared. I'm sorry." She says as she stood back and let him come out on his own power.

It took about a minute or two, but eventually the tiny earth pony slowly begin coming out of the miniature cave that the books made on her shelf. He slowly trotted up to her gigantic face, tears still streaming down his cheeks, as he had a look of absolute guilt in his eyes. From the very little that Twilight could make out, it still continued to tug on her heart.

"Twilight, I'm really really sorry about what happened to your book. I really didn't mean to ruin it for you. If you want, I can write it all back myself, and I don't care how long it takes, I want to make it up to you. I know I made another mistake, and I'm willing to fix it as best as I can, or if you want me to just leave the library and not come back, I can do that as well, and you wouldn't have to worry about having to hear me again, and I can find somewhere else that hopefully has ponies that will hear me and won't stomp on me, because-..."

During his long-winded apology, he failed to look up at Twilight to see what she was doing, and it would be quite the surprise for him once he started to feel a warm, huge wall of fur that pressed into him. When he did finally look up, all he saw were just large lavender stalks of fur that aligned the biggest wall that he had ever seen. And each stalk were extremely soft to the touch. Since this was the closest thing that she could give to a hug that wouldn't entirely engulf him in her body, she took the opportunity and instantly latched on his tiny body on to whatever she presented to him, and hugged it tighter than anything.

"Hush up, Vanilla. I'm the one that's sorry. I am very very truly sorry that I wasn't able to hear you all day. That's my fault. It's one thing that if I didn't hear you while I was reading, and I was too focused on the book. But if you've been desperately trying to get my attention all day, then that was my fault for not being able to pay more attention. You've been with us for a pretty long time, and I should be more well aware of you than I am."

She continued moving her face from side to side, to give him a little bit of a rubbing nuzzle as he hugged onto her face.

"As far as the book goes, I can easily get a new one without trouble. It's true that I was a little mad at what happened to it, and I'm sorry for snapping at you the way I did. You're much more important than any of the books in my library. You just wanted to get my attention, and I promise that I'm really going to work on be more aware of your location, so it doesn't take me this long to find you again."

She then slowly backed her face away from Vanilla, and allowed her massive hoof to scoop him up so he can sit on a much softer surface, as the underside of her soul was nice and squishy under his hooves, as he continued looking into her gigantic eye. He could see within the reflection of her massive, dark pupil, and slowly wiped away the tears that were falling down his own eyes.

"And as far as you being alone, no matter what happens, just know that I'm always going to be here for you, and I'd never leave you out in the gigantic world alone. Never ever ever. If anything ever happened to you, I would never rest until I knew that you were safe. And if you ever feel like you are alone, and for some reason can't get any of our attentions, just climb up onto my back, because I would make sure that you were there and would comfort you and make you feel better. Not to mention, looking at you on my hoof, you kind of stick out like a sore thumb." She said with a giggle, sending some booming vibrations down to the tiny stallion, who was giggling himself from it.

"I'll always be here for you, Vanilla Beam. And we're always going to be very close friends." She said to him as she leaned down her nose once again and gave him a very light nuzzle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two hours had past at the castle, and everypony was wide-eyed and attentive to the floor and everything in front of their two front hooves. Each one with a magnifying glass either in hoof, or hovering above the ground. And with each and every individual step that they took, they made sure with the utmost care that they weren't going to landed on top of something that was far smaller and much weaker than they were.

But out of all of the ponies that were inside that one large room, none had the utmost care, but had the highest amount of anxiety and panic than Twilight Sparkle. On top of calling out for her tiny best friend, you could hear the shakiness in her voice, the stuffy nose that she had from building up tears, and desperately trying to hold those tears in in fear that she might accidentally drown her forgotten passenger. She had been calling out for Vanilla Beam for the past two hours, making sure not to use a loud voice in hopes of not accidentally busting his eardrums.

The other ponies could take one look at her and knew that she was absolutely heartbroken. As soon as Fluttershy I relayed the message that Vanilla was not on her anymore, you could almost see the fur on Twilight's body turn a pale white, that could even rival Rarity's own coat. And they knew that no matter how much time would go by, no matter how little that Twilight would rest, so I like would not stop until she knew if Vanilla Beam was okay. None of them would dare try to calm her down or even so much as touch her, not even Princess Celestia. They all just kept on their trails, and hoped that one of them might actually find him.

But just as all of their hope seemed to be lost, or vice versa that their luck couldn't get any worse, suddenly the doors to the main Throne Room flung open, as three figures instantly came running in. Two of them were the guards that Princess Celestia trusted to make sure no one got through, in which this case they obviously failed at, and the other was the tiny purple drake that had been hatched by Twilight Sparkle herself.

"Spike! Be careful!" Twilight shouted, fearing that any wrong step that any one of them could have taken might have squashed the tiny stallion. After Spike stopped in his tracks, everyone could see that he was panting and out of breath. He must have ran halfway across Canterlot to try to get into the castle to meet everyone in time.

"Good heavens, Spike. What's wrong?" Asked Rarity, since aside from Twilight, she was the only one that gave him any of the time of day. He could barely muster up a sentence in between each of his heavy breathing.

"I....... It...... It's about...... Vanilla Beam!"

At that very moment, all of the heads in the room quickly snapped into his Direction, as now Spike was their key to finding out information about what happened to the tiniest stallion in all of Equestria. And none were more anxious and more determined to find out what happened then the purple unicorn herself. She tried it up nice and slowly to spike, with a very tired look in her eyes, but still very attentive and wanted to hear a clear answer from her baby dragon.

"Spike..... what happened?" She asked, prepared for the worst.

Comments ( 11 )

Interesting chapter, but there's a lot of spelling and grammar errors that really drag this chapter down, sadly.

and being able to climb onto her tail only to be flicked off like a mirror past,

I assume this is meant to be "minor pest".

It was full proof.

The term is "fool proof", not "full proof".

She finally made it up to the container,

Wrong pronoun there.

he didn't know just how far off of the age the container truly was,

I'm guessing this was meant to be "edge".

As soon as the dish hit the floor,

I may be wrong, but I don't think a bottle counts as a dish.

DOEN HERE!

That should be "down".

She had been calling out for vanilla bean for the past two hours,

And lastly, Vanilla Beam's name is misspelled and not capitalized.

9805940
That's what I get for using a microphone to help write most of the chapters. I'll go and fix these ASAP

And that's how the story ends with Vanilla Beam becoming lunch for Spike.

10120471
Lol, perhaaaaaaaaps

Ah, curses why does it always seem to stop at the climaxes, darn.

It's been two years now and no new chapter still... 😞

10120471
Not really, though, still no new chapter for two years.

11099847

I know I was trying to be funny with the Spike comment is all. I don't expect the story to ever be finished at this point.

10323869
Three years already, no new chapter, still...

Sigh, no new chapter for four years…

Login or register to comment