• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 3,959 Views, 75 Comments

Tristan's New Life - ShadowVoltstreaker



Tristan Nautilus, the everyday employee at Gamestop. His knowledge on video games is almost as vast as his love for MLP: FiM. He'd give almost anything to be able to go to Equestria, but when he finally gets his chance.. will he want to go home?

  • ...
25
 75
 3,959

Coming Clean

Even though I told myself I'd pay attention to where I was walking there was just way too much that I didn't want to miss. Everything seemed to have a sort of peaceful serenity around it.

"Unlike earth." I whispered silently to myself.

"Earth may not be as peaceful as Equestria but its still your home."

"Yeah yeah I know" I thought with a sigh. Then I heard it. A whizzing sound in the distance that made my ears stand and
flick around while I tried to better capture the sound. Closing my eyes I stopped and listened closely.

"Huge mistake on your part there."

"What are you blabbing on about?" I asked.

"Nothing oh wait open your eyes real quick."

Opening my eyes I feel one of them twitch as I say, "oh fff-" its all I can before a Rainbow hits me in the face.(Not as awesome as it sounds..) Knocking me on the ground unconscious.

"Oww" I mumble as I open an eye to see what it is that's laying on me. My eyes shoot open as I see an unconscious rainbow-maned Pegasus laying on top of me. Grinning heavily I poke her in the head with my hoof waking her.
________________________________________
Rainbow Dash's POV
I feel something tapping my head and I open my eyes slowly and groan out a "What?".

"Hey there sunshine, do me a favor and take me out to dinner first before you knock me down like this." The colt below me said with a wink.

I gasp and quickly shoot up into the air spreading dust in his face and coat. "Oh erm sorry about that.. I was practicing a few tricks for the Wonderbolts and things got a little out of hoof."

Laughing the colt says "This is a 'little out of hoof'?"

Blushing I reply, "Yeah.. again really sorry about that. Oh by the way, I'm Rainbow Dash, Equestria's #1 flyer."

"Oh? Equestria's #1 flyer eh? Guess I should consider it an honor to be knocked down like that. Name's Tristan."
________________________________________
Tristan's POV

"Well I've never really heard of a name like Tristan before that's a pretty weird name." Rainbow Dash said with a small smile.

"Didn't we just have this talk?"

"I'm ignoring you."

"So.. where ya from?" she asked, still trying to find out about me.

"Oh I'm from Fillydelphia." I replied with a smile.

"Oh that's cool I guess Look I'll see ya around, I wanna get back to my tricks." She said as she took off into the sky leaving a trial of Rainbow behind her.

"Well that's three out of six, long as you can avoid Rarity and not suffer from one of her 'Mane touch-ups' I think you'll be in the clear."

"Hey now don't go jinxing me."

"Well her shop is en route to the library but only time can tell what the future holds."

"And don't go all Philosophical on me."

"Screw off, and get a move on."

"Aye sir!" with that I continued walking towards my original direction. Praying that I wouldn't run into Rarity and suffer a grooming.

*shivers*

After about 5 minutes of surveying the area(I never learn my lesson) I again bumped into something. Looking down I felt my eye twitch. "Fuck you dude just fuck you so hard."
________________________________________
Rarity's POV
Trotting along I was so absorbed in the scenery that I decided to hum a tune as I traveled back to my shop. "Everything is just so lovely today." I said with a smile. Spacing out I started taking my orders and inventory into account. "Let's see now I have enough fabrics to last me for the next two weeks but I should probably go out and fetch more rations. Sweetie did say that she wanted to stay over tomorrow so I should also get more sweets." I was so absorbed in the serenity and my thoughts that I accidentally bumped into something, landing on the ground.

"Ouch.. that hurt." I said rubbing my head.

"Oh I'm sorry, here let me help you up." A dark brown stallion said while he extended a hoof.

"Oh pay no mind to it darling." I said with a smile. I grab his hoof and he pulls me up. I quickly take a look at his physique and appearance "I must say his mane is simply appalling! Its beauty is being masked by its condition! I must take him to my boutique and fix him up, nopony should have to be seen like this." Still holding his hoof I pull him towards my boutique.

"Darling please follow me, your mane is simply not fit to be seen outside in its present condition. No offense of course though."

"None taken but this really isn't necessary." The stallion says slightly whining.

"Oh but I insist! Besides it will only take but a minute." I say reassuring him.
________________________________________
Tristan's POV

"Well now this is a fine mess that you've gotten us into here Tristan."

"Shut up... I really hope this doesn't take long. And I don't want her to do anything drastic."

"What like groom your tail and put make-up on you?"

"Don't give her any ideas!"

~Later That Day~

"Two hours.. I was dragged here against my will for a mane touch up and ended up having my measurements done, tail cleaned and she almost put make-up on me!" I silently shouted to myself.

"Well look on the bright side."

"There is no bright side to this."

"Sure there is! I'm sure that now a Stallion will accept you as his bride."

"I swear... the next time I get into a lucid dream you will be bound in chains, gagged, and hung over a shark pit."

"Nevermind, you're much too vulgar for a Stallion."

"I really want to punch you in the throat.."

"Oh hey it's the library."

Looking up at the tree I thought "Finally made it now I can get her to see if there's a way for me to get home."

"Well what are you waiting for? Get in there and tell her!"

"Yeah and maybe along with it there's a spell to kill my conscious."

"Don't even joke about that."

"Whatever, lets go." I sigh and knock on the library door. It's a good minute before I hear anything, then I hear footsteps. A baby dragon with purple skin and green spikes then looks up at me and his mouth drops.
________________________________________
Spike's POV

"Finally all of the books are organized and alphabetized neatly. My work is done unless Twilight has something else she wants me to do. But for now I think I'm gonna take a nap." I said, finally being able to let out a yawn. Climbing the stairs my bed finally comes into view. "Just a little more then I can rest." I'm an inch away from my bed and before I can touch it I hear knocking on the door.

"Spike! Can you get that?" I hear Twilight yelling from her study. Groaning I blow a kiss to my bed I whisper "Until next we meet" I run to the door praying to Celestia that this goes by quickly so I can get to sleep. Opening the door I see myself staring at dark brown hoofs. As I crane my neck I see they belong to a stallion.

"Hey there, do you mind if I come inside?" he says with a smile. I nod to him in response. "Great! Thanks a bunch." He replies as he trots inside.

"Spike who is it?" I hear Twilight ask.

"Uhh excuse me for a second while I uhm go and answer her."

"Yeah sure, no problem." I quickly run off in the direction of Twilight's study.
________________________________________
Tristan's POV

Spike ran off, leaving only a dust cloud that looks exactly like him. I'm not sure how there's so much dust inside the library but I decide not to dwell on it so much since this is a cartoon world and its logic is far from ours.

Getting slightly bored I decide to use my wings a little and get more experience out of them.

One flap of my wings causes a book to fall so I quickly land and pick it up. "Equestrian Knowledge of Otherworldly Life Forms" before I could read it though I heard footsteps coming my way so I quickly put the book back and plopped down on my flank. Waiting for Twilight to come into view. A few seconds later a purple unicorn with a dark purple mane and a violet and pink streak running through it came into view. "And there she is I think I may finally be able to go home." I thought with a heavy sigh, closing my eyes.

"Don't get your hopes up we have no idea what it takes for a spell to return us home. Plus you haven't even told her what you are, I doubt that she would believe you since you look like you fit in"
I knew he was right but I couldn't let that stop me. I had to get back home, I left everything there afterall... "Hello my name is Twilight Sparkle. How may I help you sir?" opening my eyes I looked into hers and stood up.
________________________________________
Twilight's POV

"Well. I'm not really sure how to explain this thoroughly so I'll just come right out with it." The stallion said with a deep sigh.
"I'm not exactly what you think I am."

"Uhm.. what do you mean by that?" I ask, trying to get more information out of him.

"Well you see. I'm actually not from this world"

I think he may be a loony.. but I suppose I can humor him, "Explain a little more please."

"Well I'm actually a human from a planet called Earth." The stallion said rubbing the back of his head.
________________________________________
Tristan's POV

I could tell that Twilight was shocked to hear this and I think Spike was also.

"I think you broke her."

I waved my hoof in front of her face to get her attention. "Hello? Anybody home in there?" I said trying to break the awkward mood. She quickly snapped out of whatever trance she was in.

"Um exactly what is a human? This is the first that I've heard of them. I wonder if there's a book on them somewhere in here Spike?" Twilight said while trotting over to a bookshelf. Meanwhile Spike had fallen asleep.

"SPIKE!" Twilight yelled to get the attention of her dragon. Blinking rapidly he responded "Y-yeah Twilight? What's up?"

"I need you to find a book on otherworldy species for me." Twilight said while a magenta aura surrounded her horn and levitated some books towards her.

"Yeah sure thing." Spike said running over to a bookshelf and looking trough books as well.

"Otherworldly species? What about that book that you saw a little while ago. That could be the one."

"Good thinking." I whispered to myself as I trotted over to the bookshelf and grabbed the book. Turning around I tossed. I mean hoofed the book to Twilight. "Hey Twilight is that the book you're lookin' for?" the toss was perfect and the book slid right in front of her.

"How'd you find this?" she said as she levitated the book and looked at me, baffled.

Rolling my eyes I said "Long story, I'll tell you later, now what's it say about humans. Ill clarify anything that isn't in there or anything that is to prove to you that I am." Nodding to me she opened the book to the section of humans, or Homo Sapiens, and began.

Author's Note:

In all of these, when the text is red and Bold or Italics, tehn it'll be Tristan's Concious speaking. And just a normal italics will be him talking in his head
Sorry for any confusion that this may have caused or will cause