• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 3,957 Views, 75 Comments

Tristan's New Life - ShadowVoltstreaker



Tristan Nautilus, the everyday employee at Gamestop. His knowledge on video games is almost as vast as his love for MLP: FiM. He'd give almost anything to be able to go to Equestria, but when he finally gets his chance.. will he want to go home?

  • ...
25
 75
 3,957

Let The Race Begin!

~Slipstream's Lair~

Buckshot and Slipstream stand back to back, both have cuts and bruises covering their bodies, and below them is a pool of blood with 6 dead look a-likes surrounding it.

"Well that took much longer than expected…" Buckshot spoke up, obviously tired.

Chuckling Slipstream says, "Well I didn't want us to destroy my home…"

Unknowingly to both Slipstream and Buckshot, Shadow has finished both of his inventions. The first, is a Trans-Dimensional Teleporter, while the second is a simple Memory Restoration Device. "I actually didn't expect I'd finish ahead of schedule… I hope that they are ready to counter-attack us…" Shadow thought to himself, there were many things about him that neither Slipstream nor Buckshot knew; things that he has told nopony, not even his beloved Aurum.

Speaking of her, Aurum Flash was soaring through the skies, ropes tied around her body and wings; at the end of the ropes… were large boulders. The way she was flying so effortlessly, regardless of the immense weight, showed how much she sought to push her body to the limit.

She had been flying for over a full day, and was getting bored of the same routine. Sighing heavily she lifted each rope to her mouth and cut them with her teeth, causing each boulder to quickly fall to the earth, leaving large craters behind. After quickly stretching her body she took off, flying towards Slipstream's Lair.

In no time she was at the peak and slowly began her descent. As she got nearer she saw all the dead bodies, with Buckshot and Slipstream towering above them, each with the same blood curdling smile… and she wouldn't have it any other way.

"Seems you two had a lot of fun." Aurum chuckled, landing on the blood stained floor.

Turning around Slipstream's smile grew wider, "Yes… although Buckshot here almost destroyed my house."

"If I did… all I would have to do is this." Buckshot replied, charging a spell in his horn. The entire room was covered in a bright light, and when it diminished everything had been set the way it was before, there were no dead bodies, there was no blood, and both Buckshot and Slipstream looked as they did prior to the event.

Slipstream, enraged, became shrouded in his Veil. Looking to Buckshot with pitch black eyes he shouted, "You foal!" and drove his hoof into Buckshot's chest, causing him to roll and crash into the wall.

A split second before Slipstream's hoof connected however, Buckshot casted a spell that shields the caster… it proved of little use as it was destroyed immediately upon Slipstream's contact.

"That spell takes 100 years to charge! And you wasted it on something as trivial as this?!" Slipstream shouted, stomping towards Buckshot.

"M-my deepest apologize Slipstream… I-It was a simple mistake that won't happen again, please forgive me!" Buckshot pleaded, the fear visible in his cowering appearance and eyes.
Aurum herself had not seen Slipstream like this, she took a step back, fearing that he would lash out at her next. Just in time Shadow ran upstairs and threw a small orb underneath Slipstream. The orb exploded, and all it left behind was smoke,

"Phew… that was close..."

"W-what do you mean? What did you do to him?" Aurum asked.

"He stopped my rampage." Slipstream's voice echoed from inside the smoke. "This is why I am glad to have you here Shadow… only your invention seems to be able to fully calm me."

"I would hope so… the water that device sprays contains enough morphine and CO2 to put an Ursamajor into a coma for 5 years…"

Buckshot slowly got up and winced slightly when he saw the hoof indent that Slipstream had made in his chest. "That's gonna hurt later…" he chuckled.

"I would kill you now if you weren't valuable to me… those grimoires in that thick skull of yours may be one of the only things keeping me from ripping out your throat…" Slipstream spat.
________________________________________

Blaze's POV

"I… I may have lied to Twilight about not needing meat… this is just ridiculous." I mumbled, observing the delicious burger, lamb, chicken, and bacon laid out before me… " *gulp* Th-this isn't fair brain… even if I eat these I won't be able to taste it…"

"Don't care, Bon appétit mon ami." My brain replied.

I could feel my eye twitch… "Buck it!" I shouted, stuffing the burger into my mouth.

"Blaze what the buck? Stop eating my pillow!" I heard Dashie yell.

"Ahh. It’s her pillow; no wonder it tastes so weird. Well shit."
________________________________________

Quickly opening my eyes I see that I am trying to eat her pillow… I spat it out and chuckled nervously, "Don't blame me, blame the lack of meat."

"I thought you told Twilight that you could live off of things other than meat." Dash quoted me… hated when she did that.

"You and me need to stop quoting me…" I replied to her.

"Yeah yeah… anyways, let’s get ready. We've got things to do today remember?" Dash asked me.

"Oh yeah… Hey Scoots, wake up time." I said as I poked her in the side with my hoof.

"Yay… flying is fun…" Scoots mumbled.

Smiling softly to myself I nudge her a bit harder with my hoof, "Wake up Scoots."

"Five more minutes…" she whines, moving the covers over her face.
Sighing I get out of bed and motion for Dash to do the same. Leaning closely to Scoots I say, "Last chance… wake up."

"Ten more minutes…"

"She has disobeyed the mighty Blaze…" I said, in my best greek tone.

"Indeed she has…" Dash mimicked my greek tone, yet more female.

"What is the penalty for such a crime Rainbow Dash?"

Picking up a book she turned a few pages and skimmed down, "Chapter 5 Article 17 states as follows, 'Those who disobey Vague Blaze by refusing to get out of bed, are to be immediately flipped out.'"

"So it is written… so it shall be!" I shouted, grabbing the edge of the covers in my mouth and yanking them. Causing Scoots to spin and float into the air. A few seconds later she hit the ground, with her flank in the air and her eyes dizzy. "Oh dear sweet Celestia somepony stop the room!"
________________________________________

30 minutes Later…
________________________________________

Setting Scoots on my back I take off with Dash at my side. We were going to hang out with everypony… well the guys were going to hang out, and the girls were going to hang out.

I flew closer to Dash and told Scoots to get on her back. Nodding slightly to me she gave me a hug and then jumped over and landed safely on Dash's back. Pressing my lips against Dash's for a moment I pull back, "See ya later you two." I then flew towards the manly meeting place.

A while later I see Night, Crossback, and Fortune talking together outside the Everfree Forest entrance. Slowing myself down
I land next to them, "Hey guys, we all set?"

"Yep. Just a few more things…" Crossback replied, removing his hood and charging his horn. A few seconds later a rope was put around my wings to tie them down. "Now for step 2…" he threw his cloak to the side and cracked his neck.

"What's step 2?" I asked, confused.

“I have a surprise for you… And it’s very similar to your Ardourian Veil!" he replied, stomping his hoof, creating a small fissure and a thick cloud of dust.

The dust lasted for a while, and I was sure that Crossback was somewhere else, probably trying to play a joke on me or something. Then all at once, the dust shot towards me. Covering my eyes I look away, but something didn't feel right, there was some kind of… presence around, I couldn't place my hoof on it… but whatever it was, it felt just like when Slipstream was in my head.

Lowering my hoof and looking around I see something that looks like Crossback but its mane and coat were black… and the eyes were blood red. "Remember when you asked why I had wings and a tail? Well here's your answer…" Crossback said, spreading his wings. "This is what I had to overcome to get where I am now. It’s name is Crossback Disharmic; and, well, that's all I'm able to say at this point… the rest is ancient history." And as soon as he was done talking, he immediately reverted back to his original form. "Any questions?"

"I'm going to ignore this for now… and then get back to you on that Crossback; but all I can say now, is that, your 'Crossback Disharmic' form is scary. Hope I don’t look like that to all of you." I replied, turning around and getting into position.

“You kinda do.” Crossback chuckled and joined me, followed by Night, and Fortune… They didn't look surprised, so I guess that I was the only one between us who didn't know.

Angel then came bouncing down a slight ways in front of us and held up a red flag… waving it slightly, he dropped it.

Time seemed to slow down as the red flag was falling… the flag then hit the ground and we all charged off… this was a hoof race from Fluttershy's house to the outskirts of town.
________________________________________

AppleJack's POV

"Where in tarnation is Rainbow? We were supposed ta start a while ago." I said, looking towards Twilight who decided to pass the time with a book.

"I'm sure she'll be here soon AJ." Twilight told me.

"Yes I'm sure that Scootaloo is just keeping them busy is all." Rarity commented.

"I bet they're having loads of fun! Wish I could join them…." Pinkie also commented.

"Yeah yeah ah know that… ah just don't wanna be late is all."

Just then, the door burst open and Dash galloped in with Scootaloo on her back. "Sorry we're late everypony… Scoots here just didn't want to get up this morning.."

"Well sleep isn't really my idea of fun… but oh well, whatever." Pinkie shrugged.

Scootaloo hopped off Rainbow's back and ran towards Sweetie Bell and Apple Bloom, "Probably ta tell em about her sleepover." I thought to myself.

"Well, we should probably get going. They should be ready now, and we should be there to cheer them on." Twilight cut in after closing her book and walking towards us.

"Yeah, you're right Twilight, let's get going." Rainbow said.

"Hey that rhymed!" Pinkie commented, bouncing towards the door.