• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 3,956 Views, 75 Comments

Tristan's New Life - ShadowVoltstreaker



Tristan Nautilus, the everyday employee at Gamestop. His knowledge on video games is almost as vast as his love for MLP: FiM. He'd give almost anything to be able to go to Equestria, but when he finally gets his chance.. will he want to go home?

  • ...
25
 75
 3,956

Fitting In

Tristan's POV

As soon as I was sure that there was a big enough gap between me and Twilight I slowed down and started a slow trot to catch my breath.

Don’t get me wrong… I do want to meet the princesses, but I also wanted to spend a little more time walking around Canterlot. I mean, it’s such a beautiful day! The clouds are perfect and the wind feels amazing.

“Wonder why it wasn’t like this on Earth…” I pondered.

“It is. But you play video games and only leave the house to go to work. So it’s not like you’d notice.”

“Touché.”

After another hour of sightseeing and idiotic questions I was starting to get pretty close to the castle. "I wonder where
Twilight is… I mean she should have been able to catch up to me by now at least." I whispered to myself.

"Well I’d hate to be thinking bad thoughts… But Equestria isn’t all Rainbows, Unicorns and sunshine."

“I know that… I mean, there are Pegasi and Dragons as well. Even Grif-“

“You know what I mean numb nuts."

"Yeah yeah… Pretty sure she can handle any situation she comes into though.”

“What about unorganization?”

“…Yeah let’s look around for her.”
________________________________________
Fortune Caster's POV

Exiting the sweets shop I stop at the window to fix my mane and make sure I wasn't looking rugged.

My coat is a pale yellow and my mane and tail are light brown with a silver streak going through them. My eyes are emerald green with a tint of blue.

And sure enough in my mane there was a sprinkle from that cupcake I had "No wonder the shop keep was laughing at me…

How do I even get a sprinkle in my mane anyways?" sighing heavily I brush it out with my hoof, push my mane to the left, and continue my walk.

Walking past the alleyway next to the Sweet shop I hear a mare say, “I’ve already told you three, I’m on important business and have to go. So if you’d all be so kind as to let me pass…”

“Well that can wait sweet cheeks. For now, why don’t you take up my offer?”

Deciding to take a walk down the alleyway I see 3 colts surrounding a unicorn mare with a purple coat.

"Hey!" I shout getting the attention of all 4, including the mare. Scratching the back of my head I say "Listen… I don't want to hurt you guys, so if you just back away from her and get out of here then we can all continue our day in peace. I mean, obviously she doesn’t want to be bothered."

"Hahaha! Look who we got here boys, a little pissant that thinks he's tough." One of colts says causing all three to laugh.
"How about we teach you a lesson for bugging us while we try and talk to this mare?" The same colt says, obviously trying to intimidate me.

Sighing I reply with, "Fine… I tried to warn you but now I've got no choice… ill try not to send you all to the hospital though." I don't even bother to take a stance as one of them charges at me. "He obviously doesn't really know how to fight… he has so many openings it's embarrassing." He tries to charge me. Quickly sidestepping I then hit him in the temple with my hoof causing him to crash to the ground yelling in pain. "Whoops. Didn't mean to hit you that hard, I'm not really used to fighting weaklings."

"Why you little... Ill bucking kill your sorry ass!" the second then charges at me and tries to hit me across the face. "Guess I’ll give him a false sense of accomplishment.” I move my body with his hoof making it seem as if I got hit.
With a quick grab I launch him over me. “Guess I broke something of his since I heard a crack… unless it was the bottle he landed on.” The first already passed out from the pain. And the second is screaming. The third then says "What the buck are you?"

"Someone who just got a cupcake sprinkle stuck in his mane and isn't really in the mood for you colts." I say trying to sound as intimidating as possible, it never works though.

After a few seconds pass I see a red wavy light above the colt "guess that means he's a unicorn." I thought. After inhaling a little so I can gallop I charge towards him. The colt then fires out a blast of magic from his horn. "big mistake." galloping a little faster than normal puts me right at his left.

"What th-" is all he can say before I hit the sheath of my sword on the back of his neck, knocking him out. "Guess I've gotta go and inform the guards to get them." I say mumble "this part is always such a hassle."

"Uhm thank you sir. I could’ve easily just teleported out of here though.” She said as her horn sparked a light.

"Well then… guess I just beat up three colts for almost no reason.” I chuckle, turning around and trotting away.

"Wait! What's your name?" the unicorn mare said.

"Fortune Caster. Yourself?" I reply, not stopping.

"Twilight Sparkle… and thanks anyways." She says as she smiles widely.

"No problem Twilight, I’ll see you around."
________________________________________
Tristan's POV

I've been looking around for Twilight at least 5 minutes… she isn't anywhere in the sweetshop... “Wonder if she’s there now?”

“How about you actually look for her and stop stuffing your face?”

“All I heard is ‘Please feed me Tristan’.” Chuckling and taking off into the air for an overhead view I continue to scout."I wonder where that unicorn went off to… I just hope she isn't in any danger."

"Nah, she's too strong for that. Remember she is the element of Magic."

"Yeah… I guess. Wait what's that?" slowing down I see… a dark figure and it looks like a lot of bodies around it. "May as well check it out." I say, nose-diving down into the alleyway and landing.

"Tristan!" Twilight shouts and tackles me to the ground.

"Ow… there was no need for that ya know." I groan.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN! I'VE BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER FOR YOU!” Twilight screams in my ear.

"Well I'm gonna ask Celestia if she can fix my left ear. All I hear is ringing now."


"Oh no the princess, I almost forgot!" Twilight says panicking. Sighing to myself I get up and put her on my back.

"Hey what are you doing?!" Twilight asks, her tone changing to a scared one.

"Hang on. I'm gonna fly us to the castle."

Flapping my wings shoots us into the air, as soon as were high enough I dart off in the direction of the castle. The whole time
Twilight's screaming further deafening my left ear.

In no time at all were at the front door of the castle, only to be stopped by two armed guards. "Halt! Who goes there?" The guards shout in unison. "I'm Tristan and this is Twilight Sparkle, the princess asked for an audience with us." With that the guards calmly step back and open the doors.

I quickly move inside the castle, and start looking around.

“She seriously could’ve just teleported us here.”

"Wow… this is one heck of a castle huh Twilight?" I whisper. "Uhh Twilight you there?" I turn around and see that Twilights asleep. With a soft chuckle I continue down the halls. "I don't blame her for sleeping. If she was the one that beat those three colts up then she's definitely deserved a rest."

Note to self: Do NOT anger Twilight.

At the end of the hall are two large doors that share the Sun symbol. Knocking on the door a sweet and soothing voice says
"Come in." taking in a deep breath I push open the doors and I see her, laying in bed.

Princess Celestia.

Trotting into the room a groan on my back reminds me of someone I forgot.

Celestia gives a confused look so I grin nervously and show her Twilight asleep on my back.

Surprisingly she giggles silently and motions for me to come closer. Trotting towards Celestia's bed, I see her horn glow a pale golden as Twilight is lifted from my back and placed on the bed. She then motions for me to follow her to let Twilight sleep.
As we near the door I hear Celestia say "Why has she fallen asleep? This isn't exactly like her... Care to explain?." As we exit she softly shuts the door.

I then tell her about how I found Twilight in the alleyway with the colts surrounding her. I left out the part about me ditching her for fear of Celestia's wrath. "She had a pretty rough day. So I'm glad that she can rest."

"Yes. I'm sure she has." The princess says with a wide smile. "Now then, let us continue on to my sister’s room, I'm fairly certain that she would also like to meet you."

"Of course your highness." I reply. The princess turns to me with a warm smile "Please. Call me Celestia."

"With pleasure Celestia." I say as we take a left and enter the doors that share a Moon. This time laying in bed is the ruler of night herself.

Princess Luna.

"Hello sister, is that the human I've heard so much about?" Luna as she hops off her bed.

"Yes Luna, this is Tristan." Celestia says motioning for me to introduce myself.

"Oh yes. I'm Tristan, it's an honor to meet you Princess." I say as I kneel down.

"Oh please call me Luna."

"Hey how come you didn't kneel to me?" Celestia asks.

"I honestly would have if there wasn't a pony on my back, however since she's laying down on your bed I may as well now…. your highness." I kneel down and kiss her hoof.

Blushing Celestia replies "I was only joking!" and we all laugh for a good while before settling down and getting down to business.

“Glad to know that they really aren’t strict… makes things easier on me.”
________________________________________
Twilight's POV

Slowly opening my eyes and yawning I see that I'm in a large bed… large enough of a princess even.
Then it dawns on me.

“This bed… Is Celestia's!” I quickly jump out of the bed and look around for her. I quickly gallop towards the door and open it.

As soon as I'm out of her room I start to trot away but turn around and close her doors. As soon as they're closed I hear laughing in the distance coming from… Princess Luna's room?

Galloping towards her room at top speed I turn and go inside the double doors that harbor the Moon. Inside I see Tristan and both Princesses sitting in a circle. "Oh, well good morning sunshine." Tristan says sarcastically.

"Hello there Twilight did you enjoy your nap?" Celestia says with a warm smile.

"Princess! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep like that." I say and quickly kneel.

"Oh Twilight, please, raise your head. From what Blaze has told me you’ve had quite a day."

Confused I ask "Who is Blaze?" Standing Tristan says "That'd be me… You see after I set you down on the princesses bed, both me and Celestia came in here to Luna's room so I could introduce myself. After that was done, the Princesses told me that they don't know of a way at the moment to send me back to Earth. And because of that they suggested that we come up with a name for me so I don't stand out too much. You know… because I don't really need my name drawing so much attention. "

"I… see. But why Blaze?" I ask.

He shrugged and replied, “It’s actually Vague Blaze, but Blaze for short.. or Vague for short. ANYWAYS, there was a fire out the window in the distance a little while ago. And Distant Flame just sounds ridiculous.”

"I see…. So now your name is Vague Blaze… I do have one question though." I say.

"Even though you already asked one… What would that be Twilight?" Blaze asked, smirking.

"Well, I wanted to know what exactly your cutie mark means." I said, pointing my hoof at Blaze's cutie mark.
________________________________________
Blaze's POV

"My cutie mark? Oh yeah! I forgot I had one of those." Looking at my flank I notice a Nintendo 64 controller. Smiling I say
"Well this means that my talent is Video Games."

"What are those?" Twilight, Celestia and Luna say in unison.

Looking at all three of them I say "Well video games are a common thing where I come from, you play them by hooking a game system, Playstation for example, up to a T.V, and a T.V or Television is basically a metallic box that allows you to view moving pictures in color, or black and white." Inhaling I start again "Video games take a lot of hand-eye coordination, or in this case Hoof-eye coordination.”

"Wow… Earth's technology sure is advanced." Twilight said, her eyes radiating.

"You have no idea." I whispered in response.