• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 3,957 Views, 75 Comments

Tristan's New Life - ShadowVoltstreaker



Tristan Nautilus, the everyday employee at Gamestop. His knowledge on video games is almost as vast as his love for MLP: FiM. He'd give almost anything to be able to go to Equestria, but when he finally gets his chance.. will he want to go home?

  • ...
25
 75
 3,957

Flutter Night's Past

So much has happened in such a short amount of time… Scoots was almost killed by Gieremund, then Rarity was taken and almost killed by him, then I discover I can put on a 'cloak' of flames called the Ardourian Veil, and it seems that a small piece of vital information was left out when I activate and deactivate the Ardourian Veil…

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that every time it's used I get closer and closer to actually losing myself…

My TRUE self.

I think I deserve some R&R after all of this… well, actually, I deserve a LOT of R&R.

Anyways, after I told them that there was nothing to worry about, and that it looks much cooler… besides the whole, black and red mane, red and gold tail thing…

I look like a tacky clown for Celestia's sake… well clowns are already tacky but…

Anywho, I fixed that after I turned back into, what the CMC called Bonfire, because of the obvious fact that I look like a moving fire and because I was stupid enough to ask them for a name… and I couldn't refuse because they used those…. Eyes… on me… diabeetus… nuff said. Anyways, we all decided to call it a night and leave.

Oh and just in case you were wondering… yes, I just broke the 4th wall. Problem?
________________________________________

After Night opened the door with his magic Everypony besides him and Twilight trot out into the starry night sky, "Well guys I guess we'll see you tomorrow." I nervously mumble,"Hope they don't notice the tracks in the ground anytime soon…"

"Yeah sure thing… oh and Blaze?" Crossback says, stepping forward.

"Yeah?"

"Don't forget our deal."

I wave him off, "Yeah yeah, I won't."

"What deal?" Dash asked me curiously.

"Yes Crossy, what deal? If you don't mind me asking..." Fluttershy asks Crossback.

Thinking of something to get all the attention off me I remember what Fluttershy just said, snickering I look at Crossback, "Crossy?"

Looking towards me his face remains neutral, "Problem with that Bonfire?"

"Wasnt expecting that..."

I shake my hoof at him, “You win this round…"

"Blaze?" I hear Scootaloo say my name.

Looking down I say, "Yes Scoots?"

Her gaze shifts down and she digs her hooves in the ground nervously, "Uhm… well… Do you and Rainbow Dash mind… if I uhm… sleep over?"

"Not at all." I reply to her with a smile, turning my head around I look at Dash, "You mind?"

"Nope. Could make things more lively." Dash replies.

"Well there ya have it."

"Oh yeah! This is going to be so awesome!" Scoots shouts as her wings buzz she hovers around on the ground.

"Have a good night everypony." Night says, and at about the same time we all reply, "Goodnight!" and go our separate ways.

I put Scootalo on my back and with Dash we take to the sky and fly slow, allowing me to enjoy the cool breeze in my mane,
"This feels wonderful..." I whisper.

I can hear Scoots shouting "Whoa! This is so cool! And this Sleepover is going to be so AWESOME!"

Silently chuckling to myself I enjoy the breeze, wanting to just fly forever with this breeze on my coat and in my mane…

But before we knew it, we were back home.

I land on the front porch and look at the beautiful cloud home… Well, now it’s our, beautiful cloud home…

“Until Dash kicks you out.”

"Home sweet home…" I whispered to myself as I smile, "Seems like forever since I've been here…" I feel Scoots hop off my back and see her a second later in between me and Dash… "We look like a family…" I say silently to myself.

"Huh? You say something Blaze?" Dash asked, looking towards me.

"Noope!" I quickly reply, mimicing Big Mac.

"Should I say this out loud? I mean… Scoots is an orphan right? I don't want to make them sad… I mean, it would probably be a really touchy moment if I do say something…"

"Hey we look like a family!" Scoots shouts cheerfully.

"and there's your answer."

"Yeah you're right” Dash smiles and tousles Scootaloo’s mane, “we do don't we?"

Opening the door and letting Dash and Scoots go first I walk in behind them. After closing the door, a wave of exhaustion hits me and I yawn, "Man… I'm tired…"

"Yeah me too…" she yawned.

"I'm not. Maybe you both are just getting old." Scoots said but quickly put a hoof in her mouth.

"What? Me? Old? Nah I'm barely even 20. But I'm not so sure about Blaze."

"Hey I'm only…" I paused, thinking "well on Earth I was 23… and I've been in equestria about 7 months… what month is it anyways?"

Dash shook her head and sighed, "You never did pay attention to dates… barely even the time… and its June the sixth."

"Oh it is? Well now I know... and you both know that I’m 23… It’s a Know-fest."

"And knowing is half the battle!"

"Yep... Welp I'm going to go take a bath first… I think I could use one of those." I said, moving towards the stairs.

"I'll join you." Dash replied, and began following me.

Turning around I raise my eyebrow at her, "I think you should stay here with Scoots, teach her to fly or something… I need to have some man time."

"Oh you mean that you're gonn-"

"No! When I said man time I mean I need some time to think…"

"Oh I gotcha. Well, don't be long, I want a bath too."

Leaning in I give her a kiss on the cheek, "Roger that."

Turning around and trotting up the stairs I go into the bathroom and close the door. Bathrooms here aren't really any different from the ones back on Earth… Well, except the obvious cloud EVERYTHING.

The bathroom is fairly large and the clouds in here have been tailored and modified to look tiled and blue, the walls are a dull and pale white color, and there's a large mirror on the back of the door.

"Wait a minute... There isn't a toilet…"

"You never noticed? I mean seriously you've never noticed? You've been living here for like… ever. And you've NEVER noticed?"

"No… come to think of it… the only time I've actually done anything is when I bleed the lizard… are… are ponies in equestria incapable of taking a poop?”

"I can't believe how stupid and oblivious you are..."

"I'm going to think about this later…"

"And now you're ignoring me… well, yourself."

There are both a large bathtub/spa, which I can hop in and bathe with Dashie easily when the need arises, and a shower, which I installed and use whenever I want to feel like a human again… which is rare.

Moving towards the tub I turn on the water and wait for it to get hot… "Wait, can't I just boil the water myself now…? I'll give it a shot... good practice for my new form… even if I do look a little different each time."

After the tub is filled with cold water I put my hoof in and feel goosebumps climb from my foreleg to my body, "Y-yep… that's c-cold." Quickly focusing before I freeze off my hoof I think of small things that make me mad and try to channel that into my hoof.

~Earth, 1 year ago~

"Come on dude we can't let them beat us!" I shouted into the mic.

"Yeah I know I know! You go kill those fucking campers I’ll take out the tank!" Zach's voice rings into my ear.

"Go go go!" I shout, moving my thumb up, causing my character to move forward also.

Me and Zach were playing A FPS or First Person Shooter called Battlefield 3 on XBOX360, we play on PC and PS3 also but we like to switch it up occasionally.

We were on a map called Caspian Border playing Conquest. The objective in Conquest is to take hold of 3 areas and control them for as long as possible, you don't have to have all three to win though since points add up over time and it takes a good 30 seconds to lose a base, but we play differently than others.

Moving the sights up I see a sniper on the top of the big tower in the middle of the map, normally I would have just switched to semi-automatic fire and shot him then and there but this time… I felt like trolling. After committing suicide I spawn on a squad beacon which spawns me in the air; parachuting down I land one level above him.

Taking out my C4 I drop them down and I miss all but one, I then move away and throw my ammo pack to the side, refilling my C4 I try to drop more down beside or on him.

After many tries I get two on his body and one beside him. Now I just sit back and wait… for something… "This is boring…" I
whispered silently.

"I'm done with the tank." As soon as Zach says that I see an explosion in the distance at Point A.

"Nice."

"You done with those campers?"

"It's only one over here, and I'm going to troll him… but I can't think of anything to do that would be funny."

The sniper is oblivious to any sound I make and just sits there, occasionally shifting and repositioning himself so he can shoot at any moving 'hostiles' he can see.

"Place the C4, get in his face and jump a bit, run, and as soon as you see him get up detonate the C4." Zach replies back,
"You've done it a million times…"

"Yeah but that's boring…. Oh hey I know!"

"What?"

"Keep watch over this guy, and make sure to record this."

"All right, I'm in the bushes below you both, do what you gotta do."

"Roger that." I say as I make my character commit suicide again and respawn in a jet, hopping out I place C4 all over the jet,
"Oh this is gonna be epic!"

Jumping back in and hitting the accelerator and afterburners I get in the air, turning the jet I scout to see where the camper and Zach are. After I find them I fly straight at the spot that the camper is at. "Look over here." I say into the mic.

"Where?" A slight pause, then between laughs he chokes out, "Oh man this is gonna be funny if it works."

After I feel that my jet is on a direct path with the camper I jump out and use my parachute, slowly descending I watch my plan unfold.

"Contact in 3, 2, 1." After I say one I press the button and detonate the C4, blowing up the jet as it hits the tower, I get a nice show of the tower toppling over and a message on the bottom of my screen that reads "Enemy Killed 100".

Laughing uncontrollably I let my character land on the ground next to Zach's and we T-bag the ground, the greatest disgrace in any FPS. The guy probably only saw me do it once or twice, but it’s the thought that counts.

After we settle down we run over to our base, killing a few enemies in the process and we hop into an All Terrain Vehicle and drive off, waiting for the time to expire.

Today was a good day... I had 33 kills and 6 deaths while Zach had 35 kills and 9 deaths. At the moment I was driving for fun, just doing whatever. Jumping small hills, making Zach get out and place C4 on a tank and detonate it as I drive us away, just anything stupid we could think of.

We had possibly 3 minutes left before the game was over and our team was in the lead so there was no way that they could catch us.

Boom.

I stare at my TV in shock and anger… my vehicle just exploded…

The camera pans over to the enemy solider that killed me and I saw that it was the same guy I had killed with my jet…. And he was T-bagging the air… T-Bagging ME!

"THAT FUCKING NOOB!" I shouted into the mic, "I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL HIM!"

"Whoa dude, don't rage we'll kill him." I heard Zach say.

We never killed him again, every time we would get close we either got shot by him, a tank, or killed by his C4 and Claymore.

The game ended and I was thoroughly pissed, my score was now 34 and 17, while Zach's was 37 and 20.

"U mad bro?" A squeaky voice rings out through my mic, looking at XxSlicklyxX, the guy who kept killing us, I saw the mic icon beside his name flash as he kept repeating himself over and over before I snapped… I slammed my controller on the ground, unplugged the system and banged my head into the wall.

My first heavy Rage Quit…

~Equestria, Present~

"Not the best thing to think about."

Opening my eyes I see the water is now boiling hot. "Glad my hoof is hotter than the water or this would hurt… But now I need a way to cool the water."

"Why not Zoidberg?"

"Oh shut up...Well… it’s probably not hot to me, right?" I mumble uncertainly, staring at the boiling water, "Maybe it'll feel… nice?"

"Give it a shot, sounds like a good idea."

"Ok then…. I'm going to do it…"

"Do it then."

"I am!" I shout, jumping in the water, causing most of it to land on the ground.

Night's POV

"Have a good night everypony." I say to them as I wave, "Goodnight!" they all respond at more or less the same time.

Rainbow, Blaze, and Scootalo fly into the sky towards their home while Crossback & Fluttershy trot to their cottage. Fortune, AJ, and Apple Bloom go to Sweet Apple Acres. Pinkie bounces off to Sugarcube Corner while Rarity trots over to her Boutique with Sweetie.

Twi then sighs and walks back inside and I close the door, following her.

Spike and Owlicious are in Canterlot with Princess Luna assisting her with her studies on our society, or as Spike called it
'Being hip.' and since Celestia can't always teach her she asked Spike; and Owlicious is there just in case Spike needs to send a message. So that just left me and Twi alone for a while…. A long while…

I felt my cheeks get red at the very thought, noticing this Twi said, "Night are you ok? You're turning kinda red."

Quickly composing myself I reply, "Y-yeah I'm great! I'm going to read a book then head off to bed okay Twi?"

"Oh ok… but are you sure you're alright?" she pressed, getting really close and looking into my eyes.

"Her eyes are so beautiful…" composing myself mentally I did something I rarely ever do, it usually makes Twi stutter and blush so I was hoping for that to happen again. "Now or never." I lean in and plant my lips on hers, causing her to inhale deeply, then exhale softly through her nose.

Drawing back I ignore the deep shade of red in her cheeks and put my hoof on her cheek and look her in the eyes once more and repeat myself with a smile, "I'm fine."

"W-well why didn't you just say so?" She replied, trotting away with a slight sway. Sighing to myself I walk over to the bookshelf next to the door. Scouting around I look for a very 'special' book. "If Spike was here he would find it in a split second…" I mumbled to myself. "Aha! There it is!" It's on the very top shelf, enveloping it in my magic I bring it to my face.

It's a medium sized book with a black and gold spine and a red cover, the title was 'Teleportation Magic' as the name suggests the book covers all the information of Teleportation magic… but in 200 pages, something that only a lover of books and knowledge would ever read.

Moving over towards the table that all the food was sitting on before I placed the book down and found a chair to sit in while I read. I'm kinda like Twilight when it comes to reading… it's kinda why I fell in love with her in the first place… I can still remember the first day I met her…

~Two Months Earlier~

"Hey Night you lazy bum wake up!" I heard a familiar voice shout outside my window. Mumbling silently to myself I rolled out of bed and landed on the ground with a loud 'thump'

"Ow…" I whispered to myself and grunted, "I'm up I'm up!" I replied back to the voice, I knew who it was… she usually only came to wake me up in the morning when she had one of her 'fun' activities planned… I wasn't looking forward to it, since her idea of 'fun' is something like pranking the general public. They don't mind being pranked… but it usually involves me being the bait.

Levitating a comb to my mane I comb out my black and blue mane, ignoring my tail since that rarely needs any tending to, and trot down the stairs but stop to say 'hello' to the innkeeper.

Opening the door I'm greeted by a bright yellow mare "Hey there Star."

Starfall... she's a yellow Pegasus with a neon blue and dark blue mane and tail her cutie mark are two extended wings, on her back is a saddlebag with her cutie mark on the left side…. And on her face is probably the biggest smile I've ever seen her have… not good.

"Bout time you got out here… we’re going to have a lot of fun today!" She finally shouted.

"Yay…." I said, not hiding my enthusiasm.

"Oh stop it, you know you love doing this." Star said, the smile on her face growing.

"Yeah… keep telling yourself that.." I mumble,

"What was that?" Star said, unfolding her wing and putting it next to her ear so she can hear better.

"I said I can't wait." I lied with a false smile on my face.

"That's the spirit. Now then…" she paused, using her wing to lift the flap to the bag she puts her head in the bag and pulls out a picture of a purple unicorn with a dark purple mane and two streaks of color going through her mane and tail, one violet, one pink. Closing the flap and holding the picture in her wing she says, "This is gonna be our target. Her name is Twilight Sparkle, and she's the librarian at Ponyville Library." She then took in a deep breath and as dramatically as possible said, "Now THIS will be the ultimate prank… and once we start this it shall forever change our lives!"

"Can't wait…" I said silently. "I've seen her a few times before… never really talked to her before though… Oh well, I just hope she doesn't mind a good prank every now and then…"