• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 3,954 Views, 75 Comments

Tristan's New Life - ShadowVoltstreaker



Tristan Nautilus, the everyday employee at Gamestop. His knowledge on video games is almost as vast as his love for MLP: FiM. He'd give almost anything to be able to go to Equestria, but when he finally gets his chance.. will he want to go home?

  • ...
25
 75
 3,954

Canterlot

"Humans, or Homo Sapiens, are thought to have evolved from Apes. They are bipedal mammals whose habitat is Earth. No other knowledge of these creatures is known as none have been studied at close proximity." Twilight exhaled deeply, saddened that this was the only information on them.

"Hey Twilight" I said unable to resist someone as down trodden as her. She looked up at me, the sadness still visible in her
big quivering eyes. "If you want" I began, "I can help fill you in on anything else that you'd like to know about humans." I said, sighing deeply. "I'm going to regret this aren't I?"

"Most likely."

As soon as I said that her eyes lit up, her horn glowed in an aura of magenta as she levitated a quill and parchment to herself. "Oh thank you very much! Now this may take a while, I want to get as much details about humans as possible." She said absolutely beaming.

"Lucky me." I whispered silently. "All righty then, what are your questions? And don't hold back. I don't want to do this more than once."

Nodding furiously she said "Ok. 1st question. What are a human's eating habits and how do they live?"

"Well humans are generally omnivores. Yet some of my kind (feels weird to say that) have taken to a Herbivore lifestyle. And as for living? It's pretty much the same as you ponies here in Equestria. Well, besides the technological advancement."

"Wait wait wait.. You EAT meat?!" she shouted in shock.

"Yep. Though since it seems that you all don't looks like I may have to adjust."

Relieved Twilight says "Ok well what about life expectancy and who rules over Earth?"

Smiling I reply "Well humans generally live to be about 65-78 years of age however some have even lived to be about 110. As for the second part..." I sighed "Humans are divided and have been for well possibly our whole existence. However the 'Country' I come from has what is called a president. That's basically our leader. But Earth has a pretty sizable amount of countries and different races." I looked at Twilight and it looks like she was slightly surprised at my answer. "And if you don't get any of that, just think back to when the Pegasi, Unicorns, and Earth Ponies were divided."

"Thank you. I'll pause on the questions for a moment, I need to send a letter to the princess to see if she has any answers as to how you got here." Twilight said after putting down her Parchment and Quill. "Spike. Take a letter."

"Ready whenever you are Twi." Spike replied, holding up a quill and parchment of his own.

"How the hell do they do that?"

"Better to not ask and just go with it."

"Dear Celestia,
I am writing this letter to you to inform you of a pressing matter that needs to be attended to. A Human, by the name of Tristan, has been somehow been transported here to Equestria from Earth. Even though he is human, he has been turned into a pony upon his arrival. I have talked with him and so far have found that he is not in any way shape or form a danger to Equestria. I await your swift reply.
Your faithful Student,
Twilight Sparkle." When she was done, she took a deep breath and exhaled. Then Spike rolled up the letter, and torched it, sending it to the princess.

After getting comfortable on the ground I look at Twilight and say, "Draw me like one of your French girls."

"What was that?" she replied.

"I said I guess now all we can do is wait for a reply from the princess."

"Yep! Now then, why are humans so divided?"

"Going right back to questions huh? Well, Humans are very biased and most will shun most depending on skin tone, voice, or even height. I don't honestly know why, but it has been like this for a good long while." I sighed. "Hopefully one day
everyone on Earth can learn to get along."

"I see... Well how about another question? I can see that you're quite fed up with this one."

"You know you brought this on yourself right?"

"Yeah but I may as well enlighten her, and who knows... maybe Celestia will send a reply before she gets too deep into her questions."

"Hello? Tristan? Anyone home?" Twilight said snapping me back to reality.

"You didn't knock so I'm not really back."

She face-hoofed, "Are you really going to make me knock?"

"Well there's one. Where are the other 2?"

She sighed heavily and reluctantly said, "Knock knock."

"Too bad for you I'm not home." I replied and laughed hysterically, even earning a small chuckle from Spike.

"ARE YOU KIDD-" she started to shout, but was interrupted by Spike burping up a letter.

"Well I guess the questions and screaming can wait, what's it say?"

Her eye twitched for a moment before she huffed and levitated the note to her face,

"My Dearest Most faithful Student
If what you say is truth then that must mean a dark force is behind all of this. Me and my sister both would like to speak to this human first-hand Tomorrow morning. Please see to it that preparations for both Him and yourself are completed for our rendezvous.
Sincerely,
Princess Celestia." After Twilight was finished she bolted out the room making a lot of noise.

"Uhh what exactly is she doing?" I asked Spike while suppressing a yawn.

"She always gets like this when she goes to meet the princess."

"She knows that were going tomorrow though right?" the smirk clearly visible on my face.

Rolling his eyes Spike says "Yeah but according to her it's better to be over prepared then under prepared."

"Its better to be over prepared then under prepared you can learn a thing or two from her ya know?"

"Yeah but not much." I said laughing a little.

"What was that?" Spike asked, staring at me.

"I said I'm tired and I need some sleep. I'm guessing that Twilight will wake me up in the morning to go and see the princess, and judging by how it looks outside," I turn around to look out the window above me. "its well into the night Goodnight Spike. Oh and good night Twilight."

"Yeah good night." Spike replied. After hearing his response I tried stretching out my body like I was laying in my bed. Only to forget that my legs are different. So I decide to settle for curling myself up in a ball it actually feels pretty comfy almost natural
________________________________________
~Dream World, At Work~

"Hey do you have anything to tell me about this game?" I hear a guy ask.

There's a slight pause before Zach replies with, "Yeah, I can tell you that I really like that game. Prototype It's a really gory game created by Activision and Radical Entertainment. You start out as a guy named Alex Mercer. I don't want to ruin the game for you so ill just tell you that you go on missions and gain new abilities to use that can rip apart enemies or just anyone walking in the street. Also you can go on side quests if you get tired of the story and just want to 'Free Roam'."

"Yeah and there's a lot to do and enjoy so it's one of those games that you can never truly 'Beat'." I said while scanning off a copy of Borderlands.

Zach is one of those guys that you can really count on for dishing out his knowledge on Video games. He can be pretty smart at times, especially when it comes to the Pok←mon franchise. He isn't particularly happy thought that they keep coming out with new series and even complains a lot when someone brings them up. Even though he can be annoying when he complains he's still my best bud.

Nodding Zach says "Yeah, but like all games you have to play it to really enjoy it fully." The guy then smiles and says "Thanks! I think I'll get it then." "All righty then." Zach then takes the game case, opens it, grabs the game disc and places it inside the case.

While he does that I take a look at the clock, wondering what time we get off and the clock says '7:36p.m.' looking away I think to myself. "Wait 7:36? That can't be right. The clock must be broken." Taking another look at the clock it says '11:45' "What the hell. 11:45? Damn thing must be brok-" suddenly the realization hits me. This is another dream.
Smiling I Turn to the door to the back room and walk towards it, imagining the same beach behind it. Quickly turning the knob I walk in waiting for the ray of light to clear and for the smells to come into my nose. Walking in with my eyes closed waiting for it I hear the door behind me close.

Turning around and swiftly opening my eyes I notice the hooded woman again, along with a familiar area
She closes the door, which in turn causes it to disappear. "Hey! How'd you do that? This is my dream so you shouldn't have any contr- hrmp hrpm Hrrm!" I tried to continue but a zipper covered my lips, after noticing that I noticed I was also tied down in a chair. The hooded woman walked over to me and very slowly moved her hands to her hood, I guessed she was removing it. I waited in suspense, wanting to know who it was that could control another's dreams to this level. But, fate had other plans for me.

And by fate, of course I mean Twilight.

"TRISTAN! WAKE UP! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!" Rolling my eyes I make the zipper on my mouth and ropes on my arms disappear and make a door appear. "We'll continue this later." I said as I walked to the door twisting the knob and exiting the space.
...
~Equestria~
Opening one eye I see Twilight standing over me, her eyes almost touching me. "Maybe I should come back at a later time when you aren't so angry?" I say sarcastically.

Rolling her eyes she gallops to the door "Enough with the sarcasm already, hurry up so we aren't late!"

"You're no fun." I say with a deep sigh and get up to follow her to the door and out to the train station.
As we get on the train it starts departing. Breathing heavily I smile, "Looks like we made it."

"Yeah, barely. No thanks to you."

"You really are just a barrel of good times aren't you?" the hint of sarcasm visible in my speech.

We quickly make our way to an empty section and take our seats.

"She could've just teleported us here."

"What'd you do? Come up with a plethora of sarcastic comments to say to me?" Twilight replied.

"I think she's on to me!" I whispered loudly to the empty space next to me.

"I mean seriously, we could've been here a long time ago."

"Who are you even talking to?!"

"Hobs. My pet Tiger." I stated proudly, causing her to stare at me dumbfounded. "I can see that you don't believe me. So how about we just do a little questionnaire for the remainder of the train ride?"

She asked questions until we arrived at Canterlot and got off the train, (thank god, err Celestia.).

"Whoa there's a lot of people here." I whispered loudly as we got off the train.

"You mean ponies." Twilight corrected me.

"Yeah Ponies, my bad." We then started trotting off towards the castle in the distance. About 15 minutes later I see two very familiar Ponies. One with a pure white coat, neon and dark blue mane, along with purple glasses and a Music note on her flank. Beside her is a grey Earth Pony with a dark grey mane, a pink bow-tie and a Treble clef cutie mark. "Oh man! Its Vinyl Scratch and Octavia!." I exclaim as I fly towards them and land in front of them.
Shocked they fall down on their flanks. "Oh sorry about that." I say chuckling as I reach down and help them up.
________________________________________
Vinyl's POV

"So how have you been Tavy?" I said as I playfully hit her in the side.

"Oh quite well," she replied and rubbed her side, "in fact I have a concert in Manehattan in two weeks." She stated proudly.
Gasping I reply "Sweet! That's great news Tavy! We should go out and celebrate with some drinks!"

"Oh I don't know I still have to practice a little more."

"Don't worry about it, you got this in the bag. Come on first couple rounds are on me."

"Well. Alright, I guess it can't hurt to indulge in some drinks every now and again"

"That's the spirit! Now let's get goin!" I shouted, dragging Octavia with me. Before we could take a few steps however a dark brown colt surprised us and we fell down.

"Oh sorry about that." The stallion said as he extended his hooves to pick us up.

"Oh no worries" I grinned. This colt has a weird way of picking up mares, lucky for him I enjoy weird. "I'm Vinyl and this is Octavia. And you are?"

"Oh I'm Tristan, Nice to finally meet you ponies." he replied with a large grin.

"Oh you're a fan of ours eh?"

"Yeah I really enjoy your wubs Vinyl, and Octavia your music is just so beautiful and soothing. You two should think about doing a duet for those ponies who enjoy both!"

"Not a bad idea I'd be open for it if Tavy is."

"Sure, why not. You know what they say, opposites attract."

"Tristan!" I heard a pony shout angrily.

"I think somepony is callin' your name there Tristan."

"Sadly yes she is. I'll catch you two later, and make sure to tell me when you do that duet!" And he was gone in a flash.

"I wonder who it was that called his name, she sounded a little angry" I said.

"Best not to dwell on it too much, and besides that stallion should definitely be able to handle any situation he may come to pass. Even if his problem is a mare." she giggled.

"Yeah." I chuckled, "Well lets hurry up and head to the bar. Can't wait to get me some good ol' alcohol!" I said diverting the conversation back.