• Published 30th May 2013
  • 2,533 Views, 40 Comments

Ink - Cyanjames2819



A human teen was accidentally transported to a strange world of ponies. Will he get back home in one piece, or will he stay in Equestria with the timid pony known as Fluttershy.

  • ...
8
 40
 2,533

Chapter 13: Business

I and Ironheart got back in and looked at the large bike lying on the table. "Okay, time to make the covers for the back wheel and for the chains" I said.

I grabbed another piece of paper and started drawing out the design. I finished in twenty minutes and showed Ironheart the design, "Okay Ashy, you'll make the cover for the back wheel and I'll do the chain" I said to her. "Yup" she answered and brings a sheet of steel to the table.

I drew out the pattern first and Ironheart started to cut it out. We heated up the sheets of metal and started shaping it with a hammer and the anvil.

After two hours, we dipped the pieces of metal in a large tub of water. They steamed and we both whipped the sweat off our foreheads.

They stopped steaming and we took them out. I put the bike down on the floor and fitted the pieces in. I was surprised when they had a blowtorch here. So I used that and welded the two pieces on the bike.

After a couple of hours, I showed it to Luna again, "Okay, few things improved, ride a few more times and I'll take the training wheels off" I said to her. "Yay!" Luna galloped towards it and started riding around.

I gave her a few tips and she was doing very well, until I took the training wheels off. She had a hard time balancing on it, even when Celestia tried a turn.

We tried for a couple of hours and all we had was failure. I was sitting on one of the steps, Luna went up to me and asked me what do with it, "I'll take it back, maybe I can fix a few things" I said to her. "Okay, just don't stress yourself too much Winter" she said to me and her and Celestia went back in the palace.

I tried to think of a solution all night, but I had no idea what to do. "Winter, maybe you should take a break. Luna did say you don't have to stress yourself too much. We can work on this tomorrow" Ironheart said to me. I sighed, "Yeah, I guess we can" I put down the pencil and we both went out.

The next morning, I rolled over and fell on the floor with a loud thud, "Ow!". Fluttershy woke up and looked over the edge of the bed, "A-are you okay?" she asked. I rubbed my head and opened my eyes.

I was looking at the bottom of the bed and saw the stilts holding up the bed. And instantly, I had a plan, "Yes! Ha ha ha! Finally!" I ignored my aching head and started putting on my cloths.

"Plan? What plan?" she asked. "The tricycle!" I yelled happily and stormed out the room.

I started on the new design with a grin on my face. I was the first and only one in the whole room.

I sawed off the back wheels and the bars that held it in place. I started up the fire and took out a sheet of metal.

By the time all the blacksmiths came in, I was done one side to where the wheel should go.

Ironheart went up to me, "Winter? How long have you been working here?" she asked. I took out my pocket watch, "Ah, two hours" I answered and went right back into working. "That fast?" she said, having a hard time believing. "I didn't want to forget" I said and finished one wheel.

"Just need to finish the other side, and make a cover for the gears and chains and we're done" I asked. "Want to make the cover?" I asked and started on the making a bar on the other side. "Okay" she answered. "The design is on the desk" I said and she went over.

After an hour in a half, it was finished. It looked like an over sized tricycle, but I knew it would work.

We've waited outside for a while, probably at least twenty minutes. Then the doors swung open and Luna started bouncing out, "Where is it! Where is it!" she frantically looked around then saw us, "Gasp!" she trotted over to us, "Wow!" she quickly examined it around.

"This should be a lot easier to ride" I said to her. She got on by going up the back end and it had a little step to step on. "The peddles are still right under you and the steering's the same" I said to her. She set her back hooves on the peddles started out slow then gain speed. "Weeee!" she went past us happily.

"What in Equestria is that!?" I heard behind me. I looked over my shoulder and saw Celestia and a few more ponies by her side.

"That's a tricycle my good colt" I went up the stairway and bowed respectfully. I looked at Celestia and I knew she was tempted to try out the new contraption.

"What are you" I looked, "My name is Winternight, a human" I answered.

"You know what Princess, I will agree on the terms if" he looked at Luna, "I have the designs for that contraption" he said to her. "Oh, it's not my choice to make Senator" she went beside me, "It is his design and his only" she said to the old colt.

He looked at me, "How about it Winternight" he said to me. I raised an eye brow, "What are we talking?" I crossed my arms in interest.

"You will take ten percent of the cell" he said. I winced, "Hmm… sorry no can do" I answered. "Fifteen?" he said again. "Closer" I said. "Twenty" he said and I shook my head. "Twenty five and that's my final offer" he said and stomped down. "Thirty" I said. He winced, but then Luna passed by yelling, "Weeee!" with Sundance standing on the step of the tricycle, holding onto Luna.

He sighed in defeat, "Fine, thirty it is" he brought out his hoof. "Nice doing business with you" we shook. "I'll go and get the plans and designs" I said and started going in.

As I went through the halls, I saw Fluttershy walking towards me with a basket of muffins on her back. I ran up to her, "Hey Fluttershy! Guess what" I said to her with a smile. "Um, what?" she asked. "I sold my designs for a tricycle to some business colt" I said to her. "Oh, good for you Winter" she said happily to me.

"I have to get the designs now, I'll talk to you later, okay" I started running. "Okay" she replied.

I got the designs and ran back. I finally got to the entrance and saw the same ponies waiting. I went over to the colt and brought out the papers. He reached out, but I quickly took it away, "One more thing. If your company finishes a tricycle for a filly, give me one" I said. "Just one?" he said. "You know what, three would be fine" I said to him, "Deal?" I said with a smirk. He nodded, "Deal" he answered.

I gave the papers to him, "Have a nice day sir" I said to him with a smile.

After about a week, three small tricycles were mailed to us and Fluttershy's bank slowly started to fill up. I gave the tricycles to the Cutie Mark Crusaders and they had little baskets at the back to put things in. They were the happiest fillies I ever seen and their bully looked pretty jealous of them. And they were the first fillies to have tricycles in Ponyville.

With the extra bits, I started making myself a little place to continue working with metal, well away from cottage so the animals won't accidentally burn themselves or get hurt.

The new hobby got me distracted from home, but I still played my fiddle and wrote on my journal.

I gave Fluttershy an assistant to help and care with the animals when I'm not there. She was still the most caring pony I know of and now I… cared for her.

Author's Note:

That was chapter 13, hope you enjoyed reading it.