• Published 30th May 2013
  • 2,533 Views, 40 Comments

Ink - Cyanjames2819



A human teen was accidentally transported to a strange world of ponies. Will he get back home in one piece, or will he stay in Equestria with the timid pony known as Fluttershy.

  • ...
8
 40
 2,533

Chapter 10: Concert

A day later, I woke up with a smile on my face. It was great being in my original body again; I didn't have to deal with my hormones going nuts and my breasts bouncing.

I stretched on the bed and yawned. I looked to my side and saw Fluttershy waking up. She blinked a few times and silently yawned. "Morning sunshine." I greeted with a smile.

"Oh, good morning, Winter. Happy Bunny Day." she greeted and bashful smile.

"Just so freaken adorable!" I thought. "Heh-heh. Happy Bunny Day to you too." I replied.

I got off the bed a little too quick then everything went black and I fell back on the bed. "Winter? W-Winter, are you alright?" I heard Fluttershy.

My vision went back and I breathed in deeply. "Oh man, I stood up a little too quick." I sat up on the bed.

"A-are you going to be okay?" she asked worriedly.

I nodded, "Yup." I stood up and stretched out.

I turned to her, "So, what do you do on Happy Bunny Day?" I asked.

"Oh. I make chocolate eggs, dress up as a bunny, and I and Angel go out and hide the eggs for little fillies and colts to find." she answered.

"Cool, can I help?" I asked and started to put on my clothing.

"Um, if you want." she answered.

"Um, what about Apple Bloom and the concert?" she said.

"Cheerilee told us to go to school in the middle of the afternoon, I got time." I answered and popped my head through my t-shirt and smiled at her.

"Oh, okay."

We went in town to buy some chocolate in the Sugar Cube Corner. "Happy Bunny Day you two! Yay! Bunny Day! Bunny Day! Bunny Day!" Pinkie Pie greeted us and she already had her ridiculous looking, pink bunny costume on.

"Happy Bunny Day to you too, Pinkie. Um, do you have any chocolate?" Fluttershy asked. "Very Sorry but we're all out" she said and bounced on over to the counter. "Buuut…" she went under and took out a basket of colored eggs, "I Got These! Chocolate Eggs!" she said happily.

"Oh, really? How much?" Fluttershy asked.

“Just two bits!" Pinkie answered with a big smile and wore a pair of buck tooth.

"Oh, are you sure?" Fluttershy went up to her.

"Yup!" Pinkie answered happily, "I have plenty of these under here!" she said.

"Oh, okay, thank you, Pinkie." she took out two gold bits and gave it to Pinkie.

Fluttershy grabbed the basket by her mouth. She turned to me and I brought out my hand to hold the basket for her. She looked at my hand for a moment and gave the basket to me.

She looked back up at me and looked at something on my head. "Um, where did you get that?" she asked.

"Get what?" I said, confused.

"Bunny ears on top of your hat" she pointed.

I reached up and felt two long ears going up. I grabbed it and two white ears were attached to a blue hair band. "What the? Pinkie, did you… Pinkie? Where did she go?" I looked around, Fluttershy as well.

"Huh, o-well." I took off my hat and put on ears instead. "How do I look?" I asked Fluttershy and brought out my arms to the side.

"Like a big bunny holding a basket." she answered happily.

"Good." I said with a smile, set my hat on her head instead and we went out.

We got back, fed the animals and Fluttershy went upstairs while I followed to get into my room.

There were few more rabbits and bunnies than usual, but it is Happy Bunny Day after all. I grabbed my fiddle out of the case and started playing 'Bunny Hop’.

A few moments later, the animals started to appear and watched me play. The rabbits and bunnies seemed to enjoy it a little more. Then I started singing.

"Their goes the bunny hop!
The bunny hop their go, go.
Their goes the bunny hop!
The bunny hop their Go, Go!"

I sang and the rabbits and bunnies started to bounce around happily. The smallest was just playing adorable. I stood up and started bouncing around as well.

"I hop, the bunny hop!
The bunny hop I go, go.
I hop, the bunny hop!
The bunny hop I Go, Go!"

I sang and played my fiddle. I started going around the room, and the rabbits and bunnies started to follow me around.

I got out the room and more rabbits and bunnies started to follow. I heard fluttering wings go down the stairs. I looked over my shoulder and saw Fluttershy in her yellow bunny costume.

"Hey, Shy! Care to join!?" I asked with a smile and kept on playing.

"Oh my, they're so happy." she looked at all the rabbits and bunnies hopping around. She found Angel in the pile and he was bouncing around as well.

"You know what, Shy. I got a plan." I said with a smile, leaned up to her and started telling her about my plan.

In the afternoon, all the students and musicians were at the school outside. "Okay everypony. We will be performing in a stage near the Town Hall in thirty minutes, giving us time to practice. The Princesses will be our guest of honor, so play as best as you can." Cheerilee said as she stood near the entrance of the school to look at everyone, well, everypony.

We all started going and Apple Bloom walked along side me. I looked at her and she looked a little nervous, "You nervous?" I asked.

She nodded, "Yeah." she answered.

"Well, I bet it's going to be a little more fun when we play." I said with smirk.

She looked up at me, "Huh? More fun? How?" she asked.

"You'll see when it's our turn" I answered, "And don't worry too much, you'll start growing white mane if you do. Just focus on having fun, okay?" I said to her.

"White mane? I ain't that old. Granny Smith is." she said.

I chuckled, "Right you are Apple Bloom." we both laughed.

Octavia and four fillies finished playing and many hooves clapped and clopped. I and Apple Bloom stood on backstage. Octavia and the four fillies started going in and a filly with a tiara went up to Apple Bloom, "Everypony out there is watching you. No pressure." she went off and laughed.

"E-everypony?" she stammered and started to shack.

I crouched down, "Apple Bloom, take your breath and relax for a moment." I rested a hand on her back. She took deep breaths.

"Okay, next will be Winternight and Apple Bloom playing the fiddle!" Cheerilee said and hooves clapping started to fill the air.

"Okay, Apple Bloom, you ready?" I said to her. She took one more deep breath and nodded. "Then let's go." I said with a warm smile.

We got out and practically everypony in town were there. The Princesses were sitting in the middle of the crowd on the back of the carriage. Twilight, Applajack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Rainbow Dash were just in front of them.

I looked down at Apple Bloom and her eyes were wide as diner plats. "Apple Bloom, you ready?" I asked. She went back to reality, shook her head and nodded up at me.

We played two songs, 'Swallow Tail Jig' and 'Maggie in the Woods’. We finished that, then I heard a, "Pssst!". I looked to my left and saw Fluttershy in her bunny costume and a horde of rabbits and bunnies behind her. I smiled and nodded.

"Now we saved the best for last! I call it 'The Bunny Hop!" I said to the crowd and readied my fiddle, Apple Bloom as well.

We started playing and immediately, the rabbits and bunnies started pouring out from the back stage. Apple Bloom was a little surprised, as did the crowd.

I leaned into Apple Bloom, "Now you lead while skipping. I'll be right behind you, don't worry." I said and she nodded. She started to lead, I next and the bunnies and rabbits started to follow along. As we passed by the stage curtain, Fluttershy started bouncing on her back hooves with a baby white bunny on her fore hooves, following at the back.

After a moment, I started to sing 'The Bunny Hop' song.

"Their goes the bunny hop!
The bunny hop their go, go.
Their goes the bunny hop!
The bunny hop their Go, Go!

I hop the bunny hop!
The bunny hop I go, go.
I hop the bunny hop!
The bunny hop I Go, Go!"

As I sang a little more, the ponies watching started to sing along with me. Apple Bloom got the lyrics and started to sing along as well with a big smile.

At the end, we stopped skipping around and stood in the middle of the stage then sprang out our fiddles and bows to the air. Everypony cheered loudly at us. I looked to my side and saw Fluttershy holding up the baby bunny up high, the little baby was spreading out its little arms too.

The mayor went up the stage with a bright smile, "That was spectacular Winternight and Apple Bloom! Just so amazing!" she stood in front of me.

I crouched down, "I only played once. Apple Bloom played the rest." I said and both of them looked very surprised.

"Really!?" they both said in unison.

I nodded with a smile, "I have complete faith in her." I patted the little filly on the head.

"Well then, thank you for playing Apple Bloom, just a splendid song." she thanked the little filly. She looked back at me, "I would like to make this song the anthem for Happy Bunny Day if you don't mind, Winternight." she said.

"Of course I don't mind." I answered happily.

"If you don't mind, everypony seem to want to hear it again." she looked at the crowd and every single pair of eyes looked at us.

"Sure, why not." I said and everypony cheered again.

After the encore, I and Apple Bloom bowed and went backstage. We went pass the filly with a tiara and Apple Bloom stuck out her tongue at her.

We both put our fiddles in their case, "Very nice job Apple Bloom, you did great." I said to her.

"Just because of ya'." she replied.

Then the two Princesses came in, "Very well played you two." Celestia said to both of us.

I grabbed Apple Bloom and rested her on my shoulder. "Thank you, Princess Celestia. That means a lot." I said.

"A lot? It means the world to me!" Apple Bloom said to me.

Luna giggled and stepped forward, "Do you want an instrument?" she asked with a smile.

"Really!" she said excitedly.

Luna nodded, "You were very well playing the fiddle, Apple Bloom" she said and nuzzled the filly.

Applebloom threw herself at the Princess and hugged her neck tightly, "Thank ya’! Thank ya’! Thank ya’! Thank ya’!".

Then the Apple family came in backstage and saw Apple Bloom hugging one of the Princesses. The little filly saw them, let's go of the Princess and ran to her big sister Applejack. "Did ah do good! Did ah do good! Did ah do good!" she bounced up and down in front of her sister.

Applejack hugged her, "Ya' did very good Apple Bloom." she answered back.

I smiled at the apple family then it quickly faded away. I sighed and closed my eyes. "Are you okay, Winter?" Luna asked with concern.

"Just missing my family, that's all" I answered.

"Homesick?"

"Yeah" I answered again.

Then I felt a wing wrap around me, "I'm always by your side if you need company, friend." she said to me with care and smiled.

"Thanks, Luna." I said and wrapped an arm around her neck.

Author's Note:

That was chapter 10, hope you liked it.
To you all know, I created "The Bunny Hop" song and the notes for the fiddle. It is on YouTube now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLy_u8gJWtE. Feel free to play it and teach it to others, but please inform them I made it, that's all and have fun.
All I could say about this song, is that it's colorful, but for some reason, butter yellow and bright pink like Fluttershy.
Have a nice day and good reading.