• Published 30th May 2013
  • 2,533 Views, 40 Comments

Ink - Cyanjames2819



A human teen was accidentally transported to a strange world of ponies. Will he get back home in one piece, or will he stay in Equestria with the timid pony known as Fluttershy.

  • ...
8
 40
 2,533

Chapter 14: Special Somepony

I was in my little shed, heating up a thick sheet of steel in the fire pit. Rarity made me a pair of leathers gloves for thanking me for giving Sweetie Belle a tricycle.

I still thought of home, but not as often anymore. I thought of more of what I'm going to do if I'm stock here.

I took out the red hot metal by using vise grip, set it down on the anvil and started shaping it with a hammer.

A few hours later, I decided to take a break from the shed and see what Fluttershy was doing.

I took off my gloves and set the pair down on the anvil. I got out and closed the shed doors. I grabbed my bike and started riding back to the cottage.

I got to the little bridge and saw the assistant walking out the door with a bucket of bird seeds. The mare's coat was white and her main and tail was cobalt blue.

"Good afternoon Sapphy" I greeted. Her name was Sapphire but I just call her Sapphy for short. She looked at me and put the bucket down, "Good afternoon Winter, how are you?" she asked. I propped my bike on the side of the building, "Fine, and you?" I got to the door. "Well" she answered and picked up the bucket again.

I got in, took off my shoes and hung my hat. I looked at the calendar and saw tomorrow was going to be Hearts and Hooves Day. "Hm… I should tell Twilight about that later" I said and started looking for the timid mare around the cottage.

"Shy? Hellooo?" I said, checked the kitchen and started going upstairs. "Shy?" I got to the hall.

I got to her door and peeked in, "Hello?" I said. "Oh! W-Winter! Um…" she was on her bed and closed my journal. I smiled and went in, "Hey Shy, what's up?" I got to the side of the bed, got down to my knees and rested my elbows on the bed. Her face flushed red; "Um…" she said and looked thoughtful.

I looked at my journal, "Whatcha' reading?" I asked. She covered her face with her hooves and pushed my journal to me.

I looked at it for a moment and looked back at her, "So why so embarrassed?" I asked. She peeked under her hooves, "Y-you're not mad?" she said to me. I shook my head; "Of course not, it's just a book" I said to her and flipped through my journal with a sly smile.

I got on the bed with her, wrapped an arm around her and pulled her closer. I yawned, "Do you need anything?" I asked, getting a little tired now. "N-no thanks" she got a little brighter.

I started to doze off and felt a wing covering me. I heard the door open, "Oh, sorry" I heard Sapphire. "It's okay" Fluttershy said. "Um, need any more help?" she asked. "No, thank you for your help. You go and have a day off" Fluttershy said. "Oh, really?" she said. "Yes" Fluttershy answered. "Thanks Miss Fluttershy" she said her thanks and went out.

After a moment, I felt her nuzzle my cheek and rested her head beside mine. I made a sly smile and pulled her a little closer.

We spent the rest of the day just relaxing and sleeping. The animals were doing okay so we got some break.

The next morning, I yawned and rubbed my eyes. I opened them and saw Fluttershy was resting her head on my neck and wrapped a hoof around me.

She stirred, moaned and moved a little closer to me.

"Hearts and Hooves Day" I said silently, "Hearts… love. Hooves… give. Sounds like Valentine's Day to me" I said.

After an hour, Fluttershy yawned and lifted her head, "Hm?", she looked around. "Good morning sunshine" I greeted. She looked at me and blushed, "Oh, m-morning W-Winter" she greeted me back.

I smiled and stretched on the bed, "You know Fluttershy" I slumped back down, and looked at her, "Why do you blush every time we wake or talk?" I asked. "Uhh…" she seemed thoughtful and looked around while blushing. "You know what, never mind that. Let's have some breakfast" I said and rolled off the bed.

I landed on my hands and feet, stood up and stretched again with a yawn.

We had our breakfast and I washed our dishes. I went over to the door and took on my shoes and hat. "Hey Shy, I'll be at the library if you need me, okay" I said. She went out the kitchen with Angel on her back, "Okay, see you later" she said to me and I went out.

While on my way to the library, I saw couples walking around everywhere. "Hm" I wondered and reached the library. I propped my bike and knocked on the door. Then Spike opened it up with Sweetie Belle beside him.

"Oh, um, hey Winter" he greeted me nervously and Sweetie Belle looked a little nervous as well. I smiled, "Good morning you two" I greeted.

Then Twilight showed up, "Oh, hey Winter, come on in" she said and I got in. I sat down on the couch, "So having a good morning?" she asked. "It's okay" I answered.

"Any progress on getting me back?" I asked. She smiled, "Almost there. I'm getting very close. I figured out that there was a rift in out universes and you were just in the wrong place in the wrong time. I just have to figure out how to do that and you should go back home in no time" she said. She went over to her desk and opened up a book.

"Uh, Twilight. Me and Sweetie Belle are going now" he said nervously. Twilight nodded, "Okay, see you later Spike" she replied without looking.

They both got out, "So are they like, going out?" I asked. Twilight smiled, "They've been going out on dates for over a year now" she said and put down the book, "They grow up so fast" she said and went back to work.

"So what's up with Hearts and Hooves Day?" I asked. "You go find and spend with your special somepony" she answered. "Hm, it is like Valentine's Day" I said to myself.

I looked at her, "How about you? Do you have somepony to spend the day with?" I asked. She shook her head, "No" she answered simply. "Why not?" I asked again. "I don't know, I haven't found somepony yet" she answered again.

I thought for a moment and stood, "Well, see you later Twi" I said and got to the door. "Later" she answered.

I went over to the Sugar Cube Corner and saw a few couples eating there. I went over to the counter and looked through glass.

"Hi Winter!" Pinkie greeted me. "Hey Pinkie" I greeted back and found the cupcake I was looking for. It was the same as what Fluttershy gave me the first time I got here.

"Hey Pinkie, can I have one of those and a little note" I pointed through the glass. "Oooo, you have a Special somepony do you" she said to me with a teasing smile. "Kind of" I answered.

I bought the cupcake in a little pink cardboard box with hearts in and the note inside.

I went back to the cottage and got in. I saw Sapphy talking to Fluttershy on the couch. I hid the little box behind me and went over to her, "Hey Sapphy, have any coltfriend?" I asked. She nodded, "Then spend the day with him, it's a holiday" I said to her. "Really! Okay! Thanks!" she went out the door, "Twice in two day! awesome!" I heard as she got out.

I sat down beside Fluttershy, "Hey Shy, how are you?" I asked with a smile. She blushed, "Oh, I'm doing fine" she answered timidly.

"Well then, Happy Hearts and Hooves Day Shy" I showed the box to her. She looked surprised by my gift and looked at it for a moment. "F-for me?" she looked at me with bright cheeks. "There's no pony else here, so it must be" I said to her.

She smiled brightly and took the little box. She opened it up and saw a cupcake inside with a note.

She took it out and read the note, "You are the only thing that matters to me. I love you with all my might and I will sacrifice myself for your well being".

She started to tear up and looked at me with a bright smile, "Really?" she said with teary eyes. I smiled, "Too true Shy" I answered and she jumped at me, forcing me to fall back on the couch.

"I love you too!" I felt tears rolling down my neck. I wrapped my arms around her, "I'm the happiest mare in the universe" she said to me. "I'm glad you are Shy" I said to her.

I sat up with her still stuck to me, "Hey Shy, want to go and take a picnic?" I asked. She leaned back and whipped her tears away, "That'd be nice" she answered.

I held onto the basket with Fluttershy on my back, hugging my neck. We went out of town and went up the hill to where I spend the night watching the moon and talked to Luna.

"Here we are" I said. "Wow. It's a very nice view" she got off my back and looked at the view. I got down to my knees and started taking out the contents of the basket.

We had a few fruits and berries, and shared the cupcake I bought for her.

We had fun trying to throw berries into each other's mouths and trying to name the shape of the clouds above. In the sun set, I had my back on the tree and watched the sun set under the horizon. She rested her head on my shoulder and my arms wrapped around her.

We just stayed there, enjoying each other's company in silence. Fluttershy yawned, "Getting tired?" I asked. "A little" she answered. "Want to get back?" I asked again. "Hm, okay" she got off me and started to put back the things in the basket.

I grabbed onto the basket's handle and Fluttershy got on my back, wrapped her hooves around my neck and pressed her cheek on mine then smiled.

As we got near the little bridge, I heard a thud behind me and Fluttershy jumped in surprise. I turned and saw the princess of the night, "Hello you two, had a good day?" she started going to us. Fluttershy giggled, "Hmm, very" she answered and hugged my neck a little tighter.

Luna smiled at us, "Found your special somepony?" she to both of us. Fluttershy nodded, "Yup" I answered with a smile.

Luna smile then started to fade away, "I'm sorry, but…" she paused. "What is it?" I started to get a little concerned. She looked at me, "Time for you to go home Winter" she said with a gloomy expression.

My eyes went wide, "What?" I said in shock. "Twilight figured out how to get you back home" she said and lowered her head. "Well then I don't want to go back" I said to her. "I'm sorry, but Celestia told me you most. You are not supposed to be in our universe" she said to me.

"Tomorrow night, you are going to Canterlot to get you back home" she said to me. She turned away, "Goodnight you two, and I'm sorry" she said and flew away.

Fluttershy got off and flew into her cottage, crying. I reached out, but then I lowered my head and followed her in.

I took off my shoes and hung my hat. I got to the kitchen and put the basket on the table. I got out and saw the little pink box on the couch. I went over to it and grabbed hold of it.

I looked at it for a moment and rested it back down on the couch. I heard silent sobbing echoing down from upstairs. I started going up, and thought of my journal. It only had one page left.

I got into my room first and grabbed my journal from the bed. I skimmed through it and found the very last page, blank. I smiled and got out.

I got to her door and peeked in. Fluttershy was crying on her bed, burying her face on one of her pillows. Seeing her cry was so hard for me.

I got in and sat down on the bed, "Shy" I said gently. She slowed her crying and sniffled a few times. She looked at me with wet eyes and cheeks. I smiled and gently whipped away her tears with my hand, "I only have one page left on my journal" I said and showed her the book, "I want you to write on it" I said to her.

She sniffled and sat up on her bed, "Really?" she looked at me. I nodded, "Who else?" I smiled. "O-okay" she answered.

I reached over to her little table and grabbed the feather resting in a jar of ink. I lay myself down on the bed and she got on top of me. I gave her the feather and she started writing on it.

Author's Note:

That was chapter 14. Nearing the end but I got plans ahead to make alternative and a sequel for this story.
Till next, screw this, I'm posting the next one today. Later.