• Published 30th May 2013
  • 2,533 Views, 40 Comments

Ink - Cyanjames2819



A human teen was accidentally transported to a strange world of ponies. Will he get back home in one piece, or will he stay in Equestria with the timid pony known as Fluttershy.

  • ...
8
 40
 2,533

Chapter 2: Little Secrets (Edited)

After the attack, I was taken to a large building with the short creatures, who I came to learn were ponies, on wheelchairs outside and in the cool building. It smelled like the hospital and it was with all the staff members either wore a lab coat or those weird little hats. My body somewhat ached and I was pretty sure I had a few cuts and bruise here and there, especially the five cuts the monster left that bled a little. I had a bit of help staying up by Fluttershy and Twilight to keep me on my feet. Although I had the first aid kit in my backpack, I was very sure it wouldn't help me much with the injury I had and besides, I might need it in the future or something.

I sat on the hospital bed with Fluttershy sitting beside me and Twilight on the other bed just across me. I looked at Twilight, "So, uh, Twilight… can I… ask you something?" I asked, resting one of my hands to my chest to stop the minor bleeding.

"Go ahead." she nodded happily.

"Uh… from what I seen so far… do monsters exist here?" I asked, hoping to God I was wrong.

"Of course they're real! That's a silly question to ask." she giggle.

"Well, I'm not used to living in a primeval world." I said as my thoughts went from one mythical monster to another that as well exist in this world.

"No? Where are you from anyways?" she asked, listening intently and weirdly enough, she levitated out a parchment and quill.

"Far from home from what I've seen. I probably can't get back." I said as I covered my face in near defeat. I felt a gently hoof rest on my back. I looked to my side and saw Fluttershy smiling at me, telling me everything will be okay.

"Um… So what's your name?" Twilight asked again.

"James." I answered as I sat back up.

"J-jay… Jay-mes?" she had a bit of a trouble pronouncing the name and continued to fondle with the world with a slight frown of determination.

I gently sighed, "You know what, give me a new name that's easy to pronounce around here." I said to both of them.

"Um…" Twilight seemed thoughtful, Fluttershy as well. ‘Okay, maybe it was a bad idea.’ I thought to myself as the thought of being called something embarrassing like Big Monkey or whatnot.

"How about… uh… no that won't do." Twilight said out loud, frowning slightly and scrunching up her nose, pretty adorably might I add.

Fluttershy lightly tapped me on the shoulder. I looked at her, "What kind of things do you like?" she asked, "Um, if you don't mind." she said shyly.

I searched through my thoughts of what I liked and disliked, but the only thing that kept on popping up was the cold winter months. "Uh… well, I like the cold winter months as well as the night sky." I answered as I looked up at the ceiling with searching eyes.

"That should make things easier." Twilight said.

"Um… h-how about Winter Night?" I heard Fluttershy.

Twilight fumbled with the new name, "… Winter… Night… Not bad actually. What do you think?" they both looked at me expectantly.

I nodded with a smile as propped myself back with my arms, "Yeah, sure. I like it." I agreed.

Right after, a white pony with powder pink mane and tail strolled in the room; "I'm, Nurse Red Heart." she introduced herself, and then looked weirdly at me from head to toe with a raised eyebrow.

"Hi, I'm J-uh, Winter Night." I corrected myself.

"Oh, uh, hello… Winter Night. Um, so what happened to you?" she asked, getting closer to examine me, especially the small blood stains on my shirt.

"I got pinned by the... uh, what is it called? Oh yeah, a Manticore and almost got crushed by its weight." I answered.

"Oh my. If you don't mind, can you take off your covers." she pointed to my shirt.

I hesitated at first but took off my backpack first, next my shirt and my t-shirt where the blood stains were more prominent. Right there on my chest, there was a large bruise, shaped like a paw print.

The nurse winced, "That's a large one." she said to me. She did a few tests to make sure nothing else was wrong with me, and had a bit of a trouble, sense I was an entirely different species.

After poking and prodding me for fifteen minutes, she gave me what looked like candies in a bottle. I looked at her in disbelief, "Candies?" I said, holding out the bottle.

"No. Pain killers for your aches and pains, but don't take too much. You're not a pony so just take one and wait to see if they work." she said and pointed at the bottle.

I took one out and re-closed the bottle, "Is there water somewhere?" I asked. Twilight went over to a sink in the restroom with a paper cup in her magical grasp. She went back over to me and gave me the full cup. I thanked her, put the pain-killer-candy on my tongue and drank the water in one go.

The nurse gave me a magazine to read and went out to tend to other patients. We waited there for about half an hour, lazing around while I read and answered question after question from Twilight and a few from Fluttershy. When the Nurse came back she checked my temperature, asked a few questions and my aches and pains started to melt away slowly. "Well, they kinda work." I said to the nurse.

"Good, okay, so take one for every five hours. That bruise of yours will be gone in a couple of days or sooner if you don't strain yourself. I highly recommend you to rest for at least a couple of days and just stay safe." she said to me.

I nodded, "Sure." then I started putting my cloths back on. It's a little weird talking to a pony, kind of like talking to a dog, but the dog can talk back… I wonder if dogs can talk as well?

At the corner of my eye, I saw Fluttershy looking at me with a slight blush, her body somewhat stiff and her wings somewhat sprawled out.

After that, Twilight and Fluttershy showed me around Ponyville and then showed me their friends; Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. And Guess what happened when Applejacks’ Dog, Winona came running to me? Nope, they don’t talk. She just gave me a big wet lick on the face in response and a wagging tail. Was it embarrassing? Yes, because the three pony ladies stared at me, trying to repress their giggles with pink cheeks.

When we got to Sugar Cube Corner, I was instantly tackled by a pink mass. “‘Gasp!’ You're new! What's your name!? Where did you come from!?” the pink pony spoke in a blur while sitting on my chest and lightly bounced every time she asked a question.

"Erk!… I'm Winter Night." I croaked out with a wince, answering the only question I could understand from her, but I wasn't entirely sure about that either.

She then went up to Twilight, hoping off my chest, “How long has he been here!? ‘Gasp!’ Did you hide him from me!? Oh! Did we play Hide and Seek! I win! I win!” she cheered while bouncing around like she was jumping on a trampoline.

“He just got here today Pinkie and be gentle with him, he just got out of the hospital he's not used to living with ponies just yet.” Twilight said as she and Fluttershy helped me up.

Then out of nowhere, the pink menace bolted out the shop just like that.

"What in the world?" I looked at the door way, wondering if that pony has been taking drugs or something to get that hipper.

"Oh, don't mind her; she's just being Pinkie Pie." Twilight lightly brushed my legs, dusting me off.

Then Fluttershy went up to me with a Cupcake on hoof. "Um, h-here, Winter. I want you to have it." The bashful mare showed me the treat with a bright blush.

I smiled, “Thanks, Fluttershy. I owe you one.” I said and gently grabbed the cupcake from her hoof.

The treats’ icing was red, swirling up and a little heart at the top. I looked at Twilight and her eyes were wide in surprise. I didn't know why she had her surprised expression, but I shrugged it off and took a bite and smiled while chewing. "Mmm… strawberry…" I said and took another bite and happily ate.

I didn't really notice at first but at the corner of my eye, I saw Twilight looking at Fluttershy, still a little surprised of what she did.

We decided to go back to the tree house to disguise about what they'll do with me.

As Twilight opened the door, streamers flew out, balloons rose to the ceiling and heard ponies cheering within the tree-house-building. "What in the world?" I said, confused about the whole thing already and stared into the crowd of multi-colored-ocean of adorable ponies.

Then a familiar pink pony bounced up to me, "Party time! Party time! Party Time!" she chimed happily.

"Party? For what?" I asked.

"Silly, every new pony gets a Pinkies’ signature Welcome Party!" she then grabbed my shirt with her mouth and dragged me in, "Come on! Let's play games!" she said through her clenched teeth.

Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash were there, and three adorable little fillies with capes and other ponies I haven't met yet.

The three fillies called themselves the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. I asked what the mark was all about and the little white unicorn Sweetie Belle pointed at Twilight's flank and the tattoo is what makes the cutie mark. Then I asked how they get them, "By finding your special talent of course!" Scootaloo said as bounced onto my lap and rested down, getting herself comfortable like a small cat. The other two soon followed as they cuddled up to my sides to get a little pet from me.

After a few hours, the party ended and I watched the Crusaders sisters dragging them away and out the door. Now it was me, Fluttershy, Twilight and Spike in the library, sitting on the couch. "So, what are we going to do with you?" Twilight said to my left.

"Um, h-he can stay with me… only if he wants to." Fluttershy said to my right.

"You sure?" Twilight looked across from me. She nodded shyly. "Okay, now that you have a place to stay, we just have to figure out how to get you back home." Twilight said and put on her thinking look again. She hopped off the couch and started looking through the books, "I'll start right on that, you two can go if you want." she looked at Spike, "Can you help me find a few books, Spike?" she said to him. He hopped off and went up the ladder and started looking as well.

"Okay… see you two tomorrow I guess." I said and walked over to the door with Fluttershy and looked back, "Later, you two." I waved.

"See you two later." Twilight said without looking as she buried her short muzzled into one of the books.

I closed the door, grabbed my bike beside the door and got on. When Fluttershy turned her head to look at something, I quickly picked her up with a squeak of surprise and gently rested her down on my handle bars. "So, which way, Shy?" I asked.

"Oh… um, that way." she pointed. I peddled steadily so the pony on my handle bars won't get hurt with butt cramps. We were going through a dirt path quietly, while she gently leaned on my chest to rest while I rode on, following her every direction. It quiet atmosphere lingering around us was pleasant and comforting. After a few more turns I saw a small cottage up ahead. "There it is." she pointed at her cottage.

As we reached it, I noticed a couple of trees around the building had bird houses all around it; even the building itself had a couple. I gently put her back down to earth and propped my bike to the side of the building.

She opened the door and, inside, it looked more like an animal habitat then a regular home. There were a couple of birds and small animals flying and scurrying about, doing their own business.

"Wow." I said as I looked around in awe.

"Oh, if you don't mind, I have a couple of animals living with me here." she said to me as she pawed at the floor.

"No, I don't mind at all, Shy." I assured her with a little pet to the head, "It's pretty cool actually." I said with a sly smile.

Then a little white bunny went down the stars and went up to Fluttershy. “Oh, hi, Angel Bunny. This is Winter Night. He'll be staying with us for a while.” she said to the bunny as she gestured to me.

I crouched down, "Hey, little guy. How are, yah?" I greeted. His little eyes frowned at me suspiciously, "Whoa… so what's up with him?" I asked.

"Oh, he just needs to get used to you, that's all." Fluttershy answered.

"Okay then. I'll stay out of your way, Angel." I said to the frowning bunny and backed away. He looked me up and down with its judgemental gaze and slowly started hopping on over to the couch while still keeping his beady little eyes on me.

Outside was getting a little dark, and I was just lucky enough that Fluttershy had another room for me to bunk in.

When I saw the actual bed, it looked pretty small. "Um, sorry about the bed, Winter. I never really had someone as unusual as you." she apologized, keeping her gaze down on the floor.

"Uh, it’s fine, Shy, I'll be fine." I scratched the back of my head, trying to think of a way to sleep on this thing.

"O-okay, Winter. Sleep tight." she went out the room with the bunny on her back, stilling staring at me with his beady eyes.

I sat down on the short bed and took off my backpack. I took off my hat and glasses, and rested them down on a little nightstand. Then I saw my journal in surprise and took it out with a smile, "I almost forgot all about you." I said and hugged it against me with one arm. After that I skimmed through it, "Memories, memories, memories. So many good and bad times." I said with a chuckle and rested it down beside my hat.

Hours later, in the middle of the night, my back was screaming at me to stop lying on the bed. I opened my eyes, “Okay, I was wrong... Ow…” I said to myself silently. I turned over, got up and cracked my back release some of the tension. I went over to the small window and saw the moon bright and high in the sky. Something about it was still a little off for me, but I just shrugged it off. I felt more connected with it than our own moon but it just felt weird, almost like it was closely watching me.

I rested my elbow on the wall beside the window, rubbed my face and rubbed my back with the other, hoping to release of some the aching pain.

I was down to my shorts and yet, the room was still warm. "I should cool off." I said to myself. I went through the short hall, quietly went down the stairs and out the door.

The air was a little warm, but the breeze was cool. I basked in the night air, "Ahhh… that's better." I took in the cool night breeze. Then memories started to flood in when I spent my time down south. I sighed, "Something as simple as the night breeze can bring back so many good memories." I said to myself and just stared up at the moon in thought and smiled a little.

"Winter?" I heard a quiet voice behind me.

I looked over my shoulder and saw Fluttershy at the door, "Yeah?" I replied.

"Um, w-what are you doing out here?" she asked as she stepped out with me.

"Just cooling off." I answered and turned to her.

"Are you okay? I heard you groaning from my room." she went up to me and flew up.

"Uh, just cramps, nothing more." I rubbed my back, trying to hold back a nervous smile. I never did well with lies.

"Hmm… sorry about the bed, Winter." she apologized again and hung her head sadly.

She started to float back down but I picked her up before she got her hooves on the ground. I lifted her back to up eye level, "Stop apologizing, Shy. You're not a bad pony." I said to her.

"B-but the bed is-" I cut her off.

"Is not your fault." I said with a smile. I put her down on the ground and got down to eye level, "I'm not upset about the bed or anything at all. But please stop blaming yourself for my choices." I smiled warmly at her and gently petted her.

She blushed, "O-okay." she said as she gently leaned on my hand, then looked at me, "Um… if you can't sleep, you can, uh, s-sleep with me." her face started to turn red, "O-Only if… you want." now I could feel the heat emanating from her.

I thought about it for a moment, "Uh… you sure? I mean…".

"Yes!" she answered a little louder then she should, "Oh… sorry.".

I lightly chuckled. "If you insist." I answered and gently petted her head again.

When I saw her bed, it was just the right size for a full size human to sleep on, two to be a little more precise. "Whoa…" I said in surprise.

"I hope it's big enough." Fluttershy said, looking up at me while standing beside my legs.

I chuckled lamely, "It's bigger than my old bed." I walked around the quaint bed frame.

"Good." she flew up and gently got on top and got herself comfortable.

I got on the bed with her and just lay myself down. I sighed happily and closed my eyes, "Wow. This is the most comfortable bed I ever been on." I said and got myself comfortable with a sigh of relief. I slowly turned over to face the mare laying beside me, "Goodnight, Fluttershy." I said and relaxed my body and closed my eyes.

"Goodnight." she quietly replied

After a moment right before my mind went blank, I felt Fluttershy scoot herself a little closer to me as I felt her soft coat on my arm. I could feel her gentle breaths on my bare chest, her fore hooves touching my crossed arms and her other legs lightly grazed my own legs. I didn't really mind it; it's a little comfortable actually.

In the morning, I heard a rooster call out and the first thing that came to mind when I heard that was how weird it was. I cracked open my eyes and saw the sunlight going through the window. I re-closed them, "Oh… right." I said murmured.

"Mmm." I heard. Then my body started to wake with my mind, and as my body woke it told me another body was wrapped around mine. I reopened my eyes saw why I felt a little warmer than usual. Fluttershys’ head was resting on the crook of my neck, her hoof wrapped over my shoulder and her body pressed up against my chest. Then I noticed I had my arm wrapped around her like I was hugging a plush toy… actually she did feel like a plush toy.

"Okay…" I silently said to myself. I slowly moved my head to take a good look at Fluttershy. She was relaxed and had a sly smile on her face while she silently slept in peace. Her body was warm and I could feel her heart beating on my chest, a near sync with my own.

It was very… relaxing; the gentle breaths, the warm, welcoming embrace and her gentle beating heart. After a moment, I almost went back to sleep with her body lulling me back. I blinked a few times, trying to get the sun to irritate my eyes. After a full half an hour later of attempting to keep myself awake, I gave up, so I relaxed my eyes and tried to go back to sweet embrace of sleep with a plushy mare in my grasp.

And just as I did, I felt Fluttershy stir and yawned. Then she froze and slowly got out of my grasp and off the bed cautiously. When I heard she got to the door way, I swear I could hear her make a silent squeal as she went down the stairs.

I just ignored that and tried to rest for at least an hour, just an hour more.

Author's Note:

That was chapter two, hope you all enjoyed it.
So till next time, comment if you want, have a nice day/night and good reading, everyone.