• Published 24th May 2013
  • 3,460 Views, 43 Comments

The Orphan - Dramatic Stories



Scootaloo deals with the death of her parents

  • ...
13
 43
 3,460

6-The Search for Gilda Begins

The Search for Gilda Begins


I knoked lightly on the door, and opened it. "Anyone here?"I asked aloud.

"Yes,"Twilight was busy placing books on the shelves. "What can I do you for?"

"I'd like to have a talk...ask some questions."I responded.

"Oh? Well, let me finish up here."Twilight put the last books up, and climbed down the ladder she was using. "Now what would you like to know?"

"I believe you know a mare by the name of Trixie Lulamoon?"I asked.

"Yes...I know Trixie."

"You wouldn't happen to know where she is do you?"

"I'm afraid not...why do you want to know?"Twilight asked curiously.

"...Personal Business."Was my response.

"Oh...well, you could talk to Pinkie Pie. I think I saw her talking to Trixie the other day around sugar cube corner...you'll find her there at the Cake's shop."Twilight said.

"What would Pinkie want with Trixie?"I thought to myself. "Well, thanks Twilight."I said making my way towards the door.

"No problem ma'am. Come back anytime if you need a book."Twilight said in a business-mare like tone. I quickly made my way across town to Sugarcube Corner.


I walked into the Cake's bakery, and rung the bell up on the counter. Mrs. Cake appeared in seconds. "Hello, what can I do you for?"She asked kindly.

"I'd like to know the whereabouts of Pinkie Pie please."I responded.

"One moment...PINKIE!"She suddenly yelled into the other room.

"Yes!"I heard the high pitched voice of Pinkie Pie in the other room. She quickly walked in and stood next to Mrs. Cake.

"This young filly would like a word with you."Mrs. Cake looked at me.

"Hey Scootaloo!"Pinkie said. "What's up?"She asked.

"Not much...could I speak to you a moment?"I asked. "Privately."

"Mhmm!"Pinkie waited until Mrs. Cake left the room. "What's up?"She asked again.

"Twilight said she saw you talking with Trixie the other day...what was that about?"I asked.

"Oh Trixie. She came to me for advice for her new business."Pinkie explained.

"New Business?"

"Yep! She's starting doing magic shows for the little ones."

"Really?"Funny how an Ex-Templar would make a living like that.

"She said since she could no longer entertain the public, because they wouldn't buy it, she would just do shows for foals. You know, like parties and stuff."Pinkie explained.

"Interesting. You wouldn't happen to know where she is, or where she might be do you?"I asked.

"Hold on...let me check the party schedule."Pinkie lifted up a clipboard from no where, and read down the paper that was attached, muttering to herself as she did so. "Ah ha! She'll be here in about an hour for one of her shows."

"An hour...here?"I asked.

"Yep! It's the twins second Birthday today, so we're throwing them a big party!"Pinkie exclaimed throwing her hooves in the air, sending the clip board flying out of sight. I turned to check the clock on the wall. '12:30'. Okay, I've got to be back here in an hour.

"Thanks Pinkie. By the way...how did you know it was me?"I asked. After all, I was still wearing my hood.

"How could I not recognize you silly!"Pinkie said...then again, it is Pinkie Pie.

"Alright, well, try and help me lay low. I don't need everypony knowing it's me under these clothes."I said. "See you in an hour."I walked out of the bakery, and made my way back to Holora's shop.


An hour passes between then and now


I opened up the door that led into the bakery, and heard the sounds a cheerful party around me. Streamers were flying everywhere as little foals ran around chasing each other aimlessly. Reminds me of the days I was just a foal...in that orphanage. I quickly erased the thought from my head.

"Alright everypony, time for the magic show!"Pinkie appeared out of no where with her hooves flailing. Trixie teleported into view in her usual costume she would wear. A little cheerful fanfare tune played as little magical fireworks popped around her. The foals laughed and smiled at the mesmerizing lights.

I noticed a few of the mothers who should have been watching their foals, were watching me instead. They stared at me with confused faces, whispering to each other while they kept their eyes locked on to me. I felt a hoof tap me on the shoulder.

"Hey come in here."Pinkie said. I followed her to the kitchen, where she gave me a place to sit. "I told Trixie to come back here when she's done, so we can just wait here okay?"Pinkie explained.

"Let her take her time. I don't want to stir up a commotion at a foals birthday party. I already got a few of those mares staring at me like I was some sort of alien."I said rolling my eyes.

"Okay. Can I get you anything? Maybe a cupcake, or something to drink?"Pinkie offered generously.

"A glass of water would be fine."I said. Pinkie quickly got a glass and filled it to the brim.

"Here you go."Some of the water spilled on to the floor as she gave it to me. I quickly drank some of it to quench my thirst from todays heat.

"Thanks Pinkie."

"I'm gonna go check up on the party."Pinkie walked out of the kitchen. "Hey everypony are we having fun!"I heard Pinkie yell from across the building.

"PINKIE!"I heard a lot of the parents yell in a celebration(ish) tone. I quietly drank from the glass while I awaited for Trixie to finish. After about ten minutes, the foals were back to chasing each other, and Trixie and Mrs. Cake walked into the kitchen.

"That was quite a performance. They loved it. Thank you again for the show Great and Powerful..."

"Please...don't call me that..."Trixie cut Mrs. Cake off. "That's a name I'd rather leave in the past."

"Oh well...thank you anyway. Here's your bits."Mrs. Cake paid Trixie. "Oh hello again little one...what are you doing in here, the party isn't here."Mrs. Cake said. Trixie looked at me, and let out a little gasp.

"Trixie Lulamoon?"I asked. "I'd like to have a word with you in private."

"So many private conversations today."Mrs. Cake walked out of the room.

"Y-y-yes?"Trixie trembled. I reached into a pocket, and took out a red cross.

"Do you recognize this?"I asked. Trixie gulped.

"I know what you are, and I know what you're thinking. But I speak the truth, I'm not one them anymore, I swear it."Trixie explained.

"I understand. I just wanted to know, since you used to be a Templar, you wouldn't happen to know where the whereabouts of some of the leaders might be do you?"I asked.

"Oh, I haven't heard anything about them in ages. The last I spoke to one of them, a Griffon named Gilda, I was in Dodge Junction. She flew south towards the badlands, but that was the last I saw of her."Trixie explained.

"Dodge Junction...is that all you know?"I asked.

"Yes."Trixie responded.

"Thank you for your time."I said, making my way for the door out of the building. I returned to Holora's shop, and informed him of my next plan.