• Published 24th May 2013
  • 3,455 Views, 43 Comments

The Orphan - Dramatic Stories



Scootaloo deals with the death of her parents

  • ...
13
 43
 3,455

17-Where the Road Ends

Where the Road Ends


The train came to a halt as it slowed along side the platform of Canterlot's train station. I slowly walked out the opening doors, and on to the crowded platform of mares and stallions. The clear sunlit sky warmed the air as a gently soothing breeze across my fur. It felt like peace...the first time I had felt such peace in a long time. But I knew it was not over...not yet at least.

The streets were bustling with life. Ponies wandering, shopping, eating...it was incredible. The city life was far different than Ponyville life. Ponies were much more accustomed to higher standards here than Ponyville. Instead of the fresh country air and quiet land you live with in Ponyville, Canterlot is much more busier, louder and much more populated. Sadly, the day to come here and observe the massive city will have to wait another day...

A building lied on the outskirts of the market. A sign hung above the door that read "White Tail Inn". Somehow...I knew he was beyond the doors leading into the tavern.

I pushed open the doors, and walked in. Inside was a small crowd of ponies who quietly kept to themselves, drinking their ales and ciders. I scanned the building slowly, and saw a separate room to my right. Inside was just another table and a few chairs...as well as a drunken yellow furred stallion who drunk carelessly. I walked up to him, grabbing a chair, and sat on the opposite side of the table. He stared at me with envious eyes.

"Not surprising...seeing you still alive."He spoke. "It's all a lost cause...what you fight for."

"And what you fight for isn't? The world has moved on from both of us..."I spoke. "Nopony cares about another's opinion...the Assassin's were never fighting...they were always defending."

"Defending nothing, if not something worthless."

"No...freedom is priceless...freedom is something you will never be able to purchase for a price. Freedom is something you establish...freedom is something you earn."

"Freedom is chaos! If you have freedom, you have freedom to kill, to steal, to destroy, all without consequences."Flam stood up, throwing the chair aside. Other ponies turned their gaze toward us. I stood up as well.

"Theirs a difference between freedom, and anarchy. What we had years ago, before the Templars rose from the shadows...that was true freedom...though some tried to take it away, they were always put down. Ponies had the free will to do whatever they pleased...but it doesn't mean that you can get away with all of it. You will never understand freedom..."I fought the urge to end him so quickly.

"...There's one Assassin left in this world...and one Templar..."Flam spoke, taking a step toward me. I took my hoof, and placed it on the pistol that rested hidden in its holster. "But there can only be one."

Flam suddenly took out a knife, and swung at me quickly. I felt a sharp pain in my right shoulder as I tried to dodge his swing. The end of the blade caught my leg as he swung. I took the gun out of the holster, and held it next to my waist. I wasted no time in squeezing the trigger...
*POP*

"AHG!"Flam shrieked in pain. Ponies who sat, calmly watching us suddenly stood up in terror. I had one shot in the pistol, and fired it into the only pony who deserved to die in such a gruesome way. As Flam held his wound on his chest, I dropped the pistol, letting it fall to the floor.

"Rest in Peace..."I spoke as I took the knife Flam dropped. "You Bastard."I drove the knife up, and through his neck...I held it for a few seconds, as he continued to fight for life with the blade buried in his flesh. His eyes stared at me, before rolling back into his head. I tore the knife out...and let his body drop to the floor.