• Published 24th May 2013
  • 3,432 Views, 43 Comments

The Orphan - Dramatic Stories



Scootaloo deals with the death of her parents

  • ...
13
 43
 3,432

5-Theft Of The Apple Family

Theft of the Apple Family


I wiped the sweat off of my forehead as I took a break from my little practice session. The last dummy left was nearly in pieces by the time I had finished. It seems I've learned everything I can from these dummies. I heard hoofsteps coming down the stairs, and saw Holora coming down.

"Good morning."I said.

"You're here early. What are you doing?"He asked.

"Just putting in a little practice."I responded.

"I don't think those dummies will do you much good. The real experience will have to teach you now."Holora laughed softly.

"I kind of guessed that myself."

"Well. As you're here, I thought you might want to give this new weapon a try."Holora unsheathed a few small daggers. The blades were the smallest a had ever seen. They were wide, and only about 2 inches long from the top to the even smaller shaft.

"Why are they so...small?"I asked.

"They aren't meant to kill on impact. They are meant to act as projectiles, ranged weapons. This is the modified version of what I threw at the changeling a while back."Holora explained. "Be careful that you do not cut yourself. They're tipped with a lethal poison."Holora warned me as I picked one up.

Carefully, I turned towards the dummy, and quickly swung my hoof around. The dart made a high pitched hiss as it sped through the air, striking the straw filled fabric with no effort at all. "Cool."Was the simplest way I could put it.

*Ring*

I heard the bell ring from upstairs. "Looks like you'v got costumers."I said.

"I'll be back in a second."Holora made his way towards the stairs before we both heard,

"SCOOT! YOU HERE?"I immediately recognized the voice of Applebloom. "Where ARE YA!"

"DOWN HERE, HOLD ON!"I made my way up the stairs with Holora shortly behind. "What are you doing here Applebloom?"I asked as I leaned in for a hug.

"Fine thank you."She hugged back and quickly released in an urgent way. "Listen Scoot there's no time for catching up. There's an issue we have to discuss."I heard her words and perked my ears up.

"What's happened?"I asked.

"Flim and Flam...they're back, and they're at our farm telling us to pack our things and leave. They claim the land is theirs, and we're trespassin"Applebloom explained.

"What?"

"Applejack and Big Mac called for guards, but they showed up and Flim and Flam's side. They keep saying we don't own the land, and Flim and Flam wish to buy it. We don't know what to do!"

"What purpose does this serve them! This is theft!"I exclaimed. I rushed out of the shop in anger. "We need to get there quickly."I said. Applebloom and Holora came out the store.

"Best of luck girls."He said. He tipped his hat, and walked back inside.

"Let's go."


We approached the farm within ten minuted of cutting through town. I looked towards the center where their home and barn was located. Applejack and Big Mac stood surrounded by guards and Flim and Flam just outside their barn.

"Don't let them see you."Applebloom said. "I'll go up and act like I don't know what's goin' on and act as a distraction. You do what you need to do."

With that, I quickly climbed up into a tree, and begun jumping from tree to tree. I quickly made my way around the farm, and jumped back to the ground behind the barn where I couldn't be seen. I quickly climbed to the roof of the barn, and crossed over to the other side, where I had a better view of the situation.

Applebloom looked up and saw me from a distance. I nodded, and she nodded back, and begun walking up to the group of guards. "What's happening?"She asked like a confused little foal.

"Halt. State your business!"A guard said pointing his spear towards Applebloom.

"At EASE men, you have no reason to harm my lil' sister!"Applejack exclaimed.

"Oh yes, the little apple pest."Flim said. "She's one of them."

"Big sis what's happenin'?"Applebloom asked.

"We're just havin' some issues...ain't we Flim, Flam?"Applejack stared at the two brothers angrily

"We'll try this one more time."Flam said.

"You're on private property that does not belong to you."Flim continued

"And we are ordering you to get off our land!"Flam finished.

"And for the last time, it's not YOUR LAND!"Applejack yelled. A silence came upon them all, as Flim and Flam begun whispering. I managed to hear the last bits of their conversation.

"Go back into town, and send a message to Canterlot ordering the arrest of the Apple Family."Flim said. With that, Flam nodded, and left the scene. I awaited a few minutes until he was out of sight, and looked down at Flim.

I breathed in, and out calming my nerved for what I was about to do. I counted in my head, staring right at Flim. "One...", I put one leg on the edge of the roof. "Two..."I turned the safety off of my hidden blade. "THREE"I jumped, and watched the world slow down as I inched closer and closer to the unsuspecting stallion.

I stuck my hoof out, and the blade extended as time suddenly came back to speed, and I landed on Flim, killing him on impact. I heard a number of gasps around me as I removed the blade from Flim's neck. The blade sheathed, and I switched the safety on.


"Why are you doing this?"I asked. "Why are you stealing from these ponies?"

"Stealing? We won this land fair and square from that stupid contest. None of the ponies may have liked our beverage, but we still won our end of the deal."Flim said, spitting up a few drops of blood.

"You could have taken it then and there, but you left and never took your prize."

"So what? There came I time where we realized we were better off with this farm than with that stupid machine on wheels. If we had somewhere to settle, we could have made a bigger model of it. That model is designed to be mobile, and can't produce as much...it's all about money kid...without bits we wouldn't be able to keep ourselves alive...but I guess it wouldn't have mattered with you around."

Flim slowed his words, and gave one final breath, before his eyes rolled into the back of his head. I brushed my hoof over his forehead and eyes to close them.


"HALT!"I heard. "You're under arrest for the murder of Flim...Flim...what's his last name?"The guard whispered. I removed the vest Flim had on, and found what I had feared. He wore a necklace that had a red cross hinged on. It was a piece of jewelry worn by Templars.

I felt hooves grasp me, as the guards pulled me away. "Why were you helping Templars?"I asked. The guards stopped pulling me, and looked at each other.

"What Templar."The captain asked. I released myself from the guards lazy grip, and walked over to Flim. I took the necklace, and pulled it off of his neck. I held it towards the captain, who examined it carefully. "That's Templar alright...kid...how do you know about them?"He asked.

"I'm surprised you don't recognize me..."I said.

"Well...we better report this to Princess Celestia. Sorry to bother you and your family Apple's...we'll have an investigation done as soon as possible."The captain put the red cross necklace in his pocket, and quickly left. Two guards, took Flim's body, and threw on a carriage they had came with, and followed. I turned towards Applebloom and her family.

"You guys alright?"I asked walking over to the Apple Family, slowly taking off my hood.

"I thought I recognized that voice. Scootaloo what are you doin'?"Applejack asked petting my mane with her hoof.

"My job."I responded.

"So your some kind of 'Assassin' now?"Applejack asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Maybe. I just happened to so be dressed exactly like one, have amazing abilities, and kill a templar."I said.

"Nice work Scoots."Applebloom walked up to me and gave me a hoofbump.

"Wait...did you two plan this?"Applejack asked.

"YUP! I was a temporary distraction while Scootaloo did the rest."Applebloom put it simply.

"Interesting...well, I can't wait to tell everypony about how Applebloom saved the farm. Woo!"Applejack cheered.

"Well, I'd best be going. Take care Applebloom."I gave her one last hug before turning to leave.

"Going so soon?"Applejack asked. "I was gonna fix us all some breakfast."

"Thanks AJ but, I gotta get back home. Duty calls."I responded.

"Well take now ya' here."Applejack waved her hat in the air. I waved back, and made my way back to the shop.


"So, you've killed your first Templar."Holora said as he stared at the pictures of the known Templars. I realized that two of them were indeed Flim and Flam, but Flim had been pained over with red paint. "Not bad at all...but there's still more to go. I've managed to acquire some of the names of the Templars."Holora said.

"The one you killed was called Flim, and the other that got away is Flam. Two brothers who seeked a life a drinking...sounds to me like they're from Germaney."Holora said humorously. "This Griffon is named Gilda...she actually used to have a close relationship with the one you called your idol?"

"Rainbow Dash...yes. But they've gone separate ways since the last time they saw each other."I responded.

"Right...this particular one, by the name of "Trixie Lulamoon" has been claimed to be an Ex-Templar. Seems she left the order after a final confrontation with Twilight Sparkle. If we find her we may be able to retrieve some information on the whereabouts of other Templars."

"I'm way ahead of you."I said.

"Your objective is to not kill her. Just see if you can get into a friendly conversation with her, and we'll have what we need."

"Okay...I'll go speak to Twilight to see if she knows where Trixie has been."I said. I made my way up the stairs, and left for Twilight's library.

Author's Note:

How did you guys/girls like this chapter? I hope you've enjoyed reading this so far, and plan to read ahead. Post a comment, lend suggestions, and don't be afraid to criticize. I take criticism as a compliment as long as you use it the right way.