• Published 24th May 2013
  • 3,450 Views, 43 Comments

The Orphan - Dramatic Stories



Scootaloo deals with the death of her parents

  • ...
13
 43
 3,450

16-A Liberated Town

A Liberated Town


Two Days Later...


The wagon pulled up in front of the familiar weapons shop that remained in one piece after the revolt to take back the town. The atmosphere of the town never seemed more alive than it ever had. Mares cheered and danced in celebration, while their stallions celebrated by having a drink. The townsfolk never seemed so happy in all the days I've lived here.

The wagon driver opened the door to let me out. I climbed out, and let my hooves touch the solid ground. I carried my father's hooded robe in my saddlebag after the ship docked in Fillydeplhia. In the time that I have fought against the Templars, none of the wounds could have even come close to how much loosing my father hurt me.

I tipped the driver, and approached the store as he drove off, and into Ponyville. The bell above the door silently rang as I walked into the store. The weapons of war still decorated the walls like they had been for so long. Yet it all seemed so quiet...

"Holora?"I called. There was no answer. I walked in, letting the door close behind me, and quickly made my way for the back room, where the door to the basement was wide open. "Are you down there?"I called again, and again no answer.

I slowly walked down the stairs, hearing the creaks of the wood below me. The room came into my view, as well as the different weapons and training dummies...but there was something that didn't belong. On the other side of the room, opposite the staircase, there was an elder stallion...sitting limp in a chair holding a piece of paper.

"Holora..."I quickly trotted over to his lifeless body. I took off his hat that covered the majority of his face, and gently placed it in his lap. Again, I felt a tear form in my eye as I took the letter out of his hoof. I sat on the floor next to him, and silently read to myself.

To Scootaloo,

If you are reading this...it means I have perished before you could make it back in time. I know you are still young, but you mustn't mourn over my death. My old bones have simply had enough...and it was my time anyway.

Eventually, you will be the last Assassin left in this world...and it is up to you to train more, and restore our order, so if the Templars ever return...we'll be ready. By my order, I am placing you in the position of Master Assassin. I leave this shop, and my business to you. Take good care of the place.

Use your skill and all your training to defeat the Templars for good. I believe in you Scootaloo...and many others do as well. You will succeed, and the Templars will fall...and when they do...the world will be at a true state of peace.

Sincerely,

Your mentor, Holora


I stood beside Applebloom and Sweetie Belle as the funeral service did it's work for my father and Holora. I took out my father's hooded robe as I looked into the empty casket where his body would have been. I neatly placed it in the casket in the shape a body, its sleeves crossed over the chest. Holora's casket was next to my father's, with his lifeless body resting peace fully on his back.

"We are gathered here today, to recognize two great lives, that have recently ended for various reasons. William Cross Jade...the father of Scootaloo Jade, and the husband of Meadow Jade."A stallion said wearing a black vest stood at an alter. "And here, we have Holora Nightshade, a stallion of great courage, who earned his peaceful death."

I felt tears form in my eyes again, as the funeral service begun to close, and lower the caskets into the ground. "Let them carry on through the afterlife in peace, and together as brothers. Rest In Peace William. Rest In Peace Holora."The funeral service begun to shovel dirt to fill in the holes as I slowly walked away.

"Scoots, where you going?"I heard Applebloom ask. I stopped, and without looking back, I spoke.

"I'm going to find Flam...and Kill him."

"How will you find him?"Sweetie Belle asked. "He could be anywhere by now."I brief moment of silence washed over before I spoke again.

"I know where he is..."I spoke in slight anger, "I'm going to Canterlot."