• Published 24th May 2013
  • 3,454 Views, 43 Comments

The Orphan - Dramatic Stories



Scootaloo deals with the death of her parents

  • ...
13
 43
 3,454

4-The Welcome

The Welcome


I couldn't believe it had already been a year since I started my training. I had grown so much since then as of my first growth spurt. My wing span had just about doubled in size, as well as my height. However, my flank was still bare, and absent of a Cutie Mark.

Sweetie Belle and Applebloom had changed a lot too, as most fillies our age usually grow quickly. Sweetie Belle begun to take magic lessons from Twilight, and is quickly getting used to using her horn. As for Applebloom...we don't see much of her anymore. Applejack has put her to use a lot more than before, and is now working full time on her families farm. In fact, she's recently had to leave the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Not because of her work, but because she's become a Cutie Mark Crusaded. She got her cutie mark about a month ago, when she saved the south fields of the orchard from floodwaters (using the help of Twilight and Applejack of course). Her cutie mark is half an apple in the shape of a heart, representing her love for what her family does.

But enough about them, because today, Holora has assigned me my first mission! Though, he hasn't exactly gone into detail on what I'll be doing...


"Finally. I've bene waiting for this for a whole year now."I said excitedly. Holora led me out of the store slowly. He had a minor accident a while back that left him with walking with a cane. Bless his old bones. "So what will I be doing?"I asked.

"Nothing too serious. We'v just got some supplies to pick up from across town, and these old bones won't be able to do this alone."He said. I stopped as my smile disappeared into a disappointed face.

"Seriously?"I asked.

"Trust me. It'll be worth it once we're done."

Holora led me across town to a black smith, where he bought a blade with no handle, and a few nuts and bolts. "Here..."He gave the blade to me. I carefully placed it in my saddlebag. "We need to find a hardware store to get a screwdriver and some measuring tools."I listened carefully, putting the pieces together as I took note of what we were buying.

"Are we making a weapon of some kind?"I asked.

"Yes."

"How come there's no handle for the blade?"I asked curiously.

"You'll see."Holora responded.


After what seemed like forever, we found a hard ware store and bought what we needed. Some measuring tape, a screwdriver, some little pulley wheels, and some industrial strength string.

We walked out of the hard ware store to find the sky had clouded over. The streets were for the most part deserted, except for a few ponies making their way home.

"Come on we better get going. It seems the pegasi are brewing up a storm."Holora said. As I followed him, I noticed a mare across the street walking into an alley with an alert look on her face. As I looked into the darkness of the alley, a green flash caught my attention.

"Wait."I said. I turned, and walked towards the alley. I peaked around the corner, and looked down towards the back.

"What is i..."I placed a hoof on Holora's muzzle.

"Shh."I said removing the hoof. A small lamp lit the alley where two figures were standing. I looked at the taller one, and saw holes throughout her body..."Chrysalis!"I said to myself quietly. Slowly, I crept into the darkness, and hid myself behind a dumpster. I could here the two ponies talking.

"Have you found where the element wielders are located?"Chrysalis said.

"Yes your highness. Three of them live in this town. Two others live just outside of town, and the third lived in Cloudsdale."I noticed the other mare was actually a changeling, who gave Chrysalis a piece of paper.

"Good. Well done my little subject. Soon I will avenge my fallen army, and we will thrive once again as the most powerful race in Equestria!"Chrysalis gave out a short wicked laugh, before another green flash blinded me. She turned into a pegasus, and flew off. I quickly made my move.

The changeling had its eyes fixed looking up at the sky. I quickly tackled him, and shoved him against the wall before he could react. He squirmed and thrashed in an attempt to free himself.

"Tell me where she's going!"I ordered. I suddenly felt a hoof grasp my shoulder, and pull me away.

"Scootaloo!"Holora said. "Stop this instant."The changeling took the opportunity to take off.

"What are you doing, he's going to get away!"I said. Holora released me, and pulled out a small dart. He quickly flicked it up towards the changeling. Suddenly, the changeling stopped in mid flight, and begun flying aimlessly. After a few seconds, his wings froze, and he fell.

"What?"I asked myself. "Why did you do that?"I asked.

"You must not be so aggressive. Your notoriety must not rise even a little, or else your presence will be known, and the Templars will come looking for you."Holora explained. "You're lucky there was only one. But for the most part you did well. You successfully eavesdropped on the Templar leader without making your presence known."

"Chrysalis is looking for my friends. The..."

"The elements of Harmony."Holora cut me off. "Yes I know of them, and I know why Chrysalis would want them. Without them, she doesn't have to worry about the most powerful source of magic eliminating her from existence."

"That piece of paper the changeling gave to her must have been a map of the town or something."I said.

"Possibly. Let's get to the shop before the weather starts to act up."Holora said.


The door of the shop opened as the bell above the door rung. "Wait here for a few minutes."Holora went downstairs.
I heard the sound of hammering for a few minutes, and then silence for another five.

The silence was broken by hoofsteps coming up the stairs. Holora appeared from the back of the store holding an odd looking device. It looked like a leg brace. "Here."He took my hoof, and held it out. Slowly, he slipped the device on, and tightened a strap to a perfect fit. Once it was secure, he pressed down on it, and a sprung out with a shearing sound. It popped back in.

"What is it?"I asked.

"A hidden blade. It's one the Assassin's most well known weapons. It works like this."He pointed towards a little switch that read, "Safety". "When the safety is on, it will stay hidden. But when it is off..."He switched it off. "It may be able to come out. It will only come out with your leg is straightened out, and will sheathe when your leg is bent."He showed me, careful not to cut himself. I smiled with joy.

"You're well on your way to becoming a master Assassin. I didn't get my first hidden blade after two years of training...but I believe you are ready. Come down here."He made his way towards the basement again. I followed.

"The reason I haven't let you down here in a while is because I've been working on a project."I got to the bottom of the stairs, and saw a figure covered up in the middle. Holora removed the fabric, and uncovered it.

I gasped at the sight of it. A white piece of hooded clothing with a few stripes of purple here and there that matched the color of my mane. "You've earned it."Holora said.


I threw the hood over my head, and stood up. I had never felt so proud of myself before. I didn't even feel this happy when I learned how to fly. I felt incredibly honored to be where I am now. Holora placed a hoof on my shoulder.

"Welcome to the brotherhood Scootaloo."He said. (<----TOTAL AC3 REFERENCE)

"Nothing is true..."We said together. "Everything is permitted. We are Assassins."