• Published 24th May 2013
  • 3,454 Views, 43 Comments

The Orphan - Dramatic Stories



Scootaloo deals with the death of her parents

  • ...
13
 43
 3,454

14-Baltimare and The Raging Sea

Baltimare and The Raging Sea


The wagon we had taken from Ponyville came to a halt in front of the docks on the coast of Baltimare. We were never able to catch up to Chrysalis in time, though we knew we closed the gap. In the distance, we saw a warship fleeing off of the coast.

"That's got to be her."I said, pointing out towards the horizon. The harbormaster stood nearby, marking maps and charts in a thick book. I walked up to him, immediately catching his attention. "Who boarded that vessel out there?"I pointed towards the ship that was noticeably larger than the rest of the trade ships around.

"A bunch of soldiers and their leader."The harbormaster replied.

"We require a ship fast enough to catch them."I spoke.

"Say no more."The harbormaster stood up, and walked towards a medium sized ship nearby on the next dock over. We followed him towards the ship. "Say hello to the EWS (Equestrian Warship) Wonderbolt. She's named after the stunt team for her outstanding speed and maneuverability."

"Has she performed in battle?"I asked, approaching the gangplank.

"Served in the Griffon War as one of the three flagships."

"How much do we pay?"I asked.

"Now, I recognize that clothing you're wearing. Both of you in fact."The Harbormaster looked at my father, who stood beside me. "I've been helping the Assassin's for some time now. You should get going, if you want to catch her in time. A crew is on stand-by. Just say the word, and we'll prep you for departure."The Harbormaster smiled, as I stepped on the gangplank with my right hoof...


The anchor was cut loose as the sails were dropped. The ship begun to move forward out of the dock it had been sitting afloat in for so long. The captain of the ship gripped the wheel, as The Wonderbolt made her way into open water. "Full Sail!"The captain shouted out. More sails were dropped from the masts and rigging, as the speed increased.

"Chrysalis headed north toward Fillydelphia and Manehatten."I spoke.

"Set a course up the coast!"The captain ordered. "The Wonderbolt flies again!"The crew gave a loud "HOORAH!"In celebration, as the ship sped on, piercing the water with ease. To the north of us, dark clouds were covering the horizon.

"Seems we have storms ahead of us."My father spoke.

"Aye...if our intended target goes through it, it'll slow them right down. This ship can maintain her speed through the toughest of gales. We'll catch them in no time."

Author's Note:

I apologize for such a short chapter. I wrote this chapter to advance the plot instead of writing one huge chapter. That comes next (Spoiler)