• Published 24th May 2013
  • 3,454 Views, 43 Comments

The Orphan - Dramatic Stories



Scootaloo deals with the death of her parents

  • ...
13
 43
 3,454

10-A Reunion

A Reunion


I opened my eyes as the sun beamed through the window of the bedroom I had awakened in. My hooded robe was neatly placed on a stand nearby, along with my small arsenal of weapons decorated around it.

I slowly climbed out of the bed, and stretched my legs out. As I walked forward to the door leading out the room, I felt a slight pain in my right shoulder. The bandage was still there, after that mysterious stallion took me here the night before. I recalled the events that had happened the day before...I completely regret my actions. I was disgusted at the way I handled that situation...but I was so angry.

I opened the door, and was welcomed by a spacious living room. The house seemed to be empty, and silent...until the front door suddenly opened up. The stallion that had rescued me walked through the door. In the light, I saw his fur was orange. In fact, it was a very similar shade of orange to myself. His mane however, was mostly a dark crimson red. He hung a hat on a coat rack, and looked up to look at me.

"Well...look who's awake."He said. "Seems you've had some trouble recently. Those Templars are a nascence, I'll give you that."He spoke as he trotted over to the kitchen.

"How do you know about the Templars?"I asked him.

"Because, young filly. I too used to serve in the order. I was once an Assassin, like you. As well as your mentor."He spoke.

"You were an Assassin as well?"I said.

"Yes...or though I didn't really fight much after about a year in the creed. Many of the Templars disappeared, and we weren't needed. That is, until you showed up. They've seemed to be sprouting up all over the place."He dug through his cupboard as he spoke. He stopped digging for a moment, and came out with a few apples. "Care for one?"He asked. My stomach grumbled at the sight of the red fruit. "I'll take that as a yes."He gave the fruit to me. I quickly took a bite out of it, immediately satisfying the starvation in me.

"So how did you get into the creed?"I asked him.

"I'm not really sure what happened that day. I remember I was about a year or two older you probably are. I was at a farmers market with me mother, when this man came running through with another man chasing him. The man chasing him was wearing a white hood. He was the Assassin."I listened carefully.

"I wasn't paying attention to where I was going...well, neither was the Templar. He ran into me, and toppled over. I realized in the event, he managed to steal a few of our groceries. Celestia knows why he would do that. After I noticed that, I yelled at him, and took chase with the hooded man. My mother called for me to get back, but I didn't listen. I managed to catch the thief, and knock him down. I simply snatched up the stolen items, and kicked him in the jaw, where the Assassin caught up, and took him into custody. I little while later, another one came to our house, saying that my actions had been seen, and they had high hopes for me with such natural skill. So after that, they trained me, and I became an Assassin."He finished.

"Weird, how some everyday event can turn into something like that."I spoke.

"Yes...so how did you end up in the Creed."He asked. I gulped slightly at the question.

"Well...I begun training about a year and a half ago...I had found a weapons shop which was owned by my mentor. In one of the display cases, a hidden blade lied in an expensive safe. Apparently, the shop owner said I looked familiar, and asked me some questions. I told him my name, and he said that my father was an Assassin. That they fought along side each other. I told him that my family was killed by, who I assumed were these Templars that he spoke of. After that, he trained me. So far, I've killed Flim, and Gilda."I said.

"Flim...Flam's brother?"The stallion asked.

"Yes...you know of him?"I asked.

"Know of him...I've been chasing that bastard for as long as I can remember."

"What did he do to you?"I asked. The stallion let out a shallow sign, as he sat down in a chair in the living room. I did the same.

"He killed...he killed my wife...and my daughter."He said. I noticed his eyes turning a bright shade of pink, as a tear wept down his cheek.

"I'm sorry...Flam...I had a vision last night...Flam killed my parents...and my future sister."I spoke.

"'Future', sister?"

"...My mother was pregnant when he killed her."I said.

"Odd...my wife was pregnant at the time as well."He spoke. Like a wooden club, it suddenly hit me. I never asked who this stallion was, but for some reason...I felt as if he and I were...connected...in some way.

The similar fur color, the family killed, the existence in the creed...and he knows of my mentor. I fit the pieces together as my mind raced for questions, all demanding an answer. With a stern look on my face, I spoke to the stallion.

"Who are you?"I asked.

"Of course, I never properly introduced myself. My fellow brotherhood called me William...or William Cross Jade."My eyes widened as to whom I had been speaking with this whole time. This was happening all to quickly...but I knew it was true. Somehow, he was alive.

"Dad..."I said under my breathe.

"Erm...what was that?"My father...it was actually my father. I didn't respond, only ran across the room, taking him into my hooves as I hugged him tightly. "Whoa..."He said. "What's the sudden change in attitude?"He asked. I didn't respond, only wept into his shoulder, shedding tears of joy.

"I've missed you so much...I never would have thought I would see the day..."I said.

"Good heavens what are you talking about."William pushed me off, and looked at me with a stern look.

"You don't see it do you..."I said. "It's me..."With those words, his eyes seemed to shrink, then widen. "Scootaloo."

"Sc...Scootaloo...my...daughter..."He said.

"Yes..."I pulled him in for another hug. "Your daughter."He hugged back tightly.

"I've missed you too...how on earth did you survive?"My father asked.

"I was pulled away by a stallion. He tried to get me to safety, but Flam showed up, and killed him. I ran as fast I could...until I was lost. I walked for days, and eventually, I found Ponyville."I explained. "How did you get out of that burning house?"

"The roof collapsed...but I managed to be in the right place, where the roof completely missed me...but...sadly, the same couldn't be said for your mother. I climbed up on the half collapsed roof, and leapt away. I ran as well, towards the everfree forest...where I used the thick forest to hide away until I found that scum...and killed him."He explained. "But, I found something better...I found you."

"I've missed you...I'm glad I found you..."I said as we held each other in our hooves. I didn't want to let go. I couldn't let go. After all these years...I was reunited with my father.

Author's Note:

Yeah, I decided to go all M. Night Shyamalan on this! SUDDEN PLOT TWIST =-O

I didn't want this chapter to be too long, just a quicky to say, "Hey, guess what! Scoots isn't alone in the brotherhood, and still has a living father"