• Published 4th May 2013
  • 2,271 Views, 53 Comments

Cybernetic Wanderers - Echo Derp



What happens when Dinky befriends the Brotherhood of Nod?

  • ...
15
 53
 2,271

Acting 'Weird'

Acting 'Weird'

Dinky continued to show who Ron the town of Ponyville and most of its residents. Everything had surprisingly gone well, despite the monstrous appearance of Ron, he had improved his attitude and ways around the ponies, even though in his mind he strongly wished to terminate some of them. The two 'friends' were traveling up a large hill on the outskirts of Ponyville. "Well, that's Sweet Apple Acres over there," Dinky pointed a hoof at the large farmland. "That's where they grow apple for us to eat."

Ron obsereved the agricultural area, and used the zoom optics in his cybernetic eyes for better close up view; vast fields and rows of apple trees were upon his sight. "Who owns this property, Dinky?" he asked curiosly by the large size of the land which he thought would be a powerful pony. "The Apple family owns the land. They're the only ponies who work there, but they do get help once in a while," replied Dinky.

"Mmm..."

"Do you want to meet them?" she asked.

Ron stood there silent as he decided whether or not he should be introduced to the Apple family, "Very well then, I shall meet this 'Apple' family you speak of."

"Ok, they're very nice and kind, I bet you'll like them."

The two began to walk down the hill, Dinky had a smile on her face, but Ron kept his menacing stare as he traversed the different areas of Ponyville. As they got closer, the trees grew larger in size, and the fields sank down behind the large trees. Ron scanned every object that came across his vision: plants, animals and natural land formations. He believed it would be useful to him in the long run. Wooden fences that enclosed this farmland stretched all the way to the end of the last field and apple tree; a large gate was the front entrance to the property owned by the Apple family. "Were here, I hope you like the apples they grow here," said Dinky.

"I do not eat any food, Dinky, for I am machine," Ron explained, staring down at her.

"Ohh, right...Well, uhh...I hope you at least like the family here."

Ron and Dinky passed through the gate, and onto the path that crossed between the aisles of tress. A red farmhouse was standing vividly at the end of the path, but a pale yellow, dark red-maned filly with a bow, was carrying a bucket a bucket in her mouth, and placed it by a tree; Ron placed the targeting crosshairs on the filly by his Nod-machine instincts. "Hi, Applebloom!" Dinky nicely greeted. Apple Bloom turned around and was surprised by the appearance of Dinky. "Howdy, Dinky! What are y-" Apple Bloom looked up at a large, metal spider creature by Dinky, "W-who is y-your friend here?" she said in a frightened tone and shaking.

"Oh, this is Ron! I'm showing him around Ponyville, because he's new here," Dinky happily explained.

"Ohh... Uhh...okay?" Applebloom felt the fear crawling up her spine, Ron stared her with those menacing eyes. Apple Bloom nervously shuffled a leg as a long moment of silence passed by. "Are you friends with Dinky?" Ron asked, pointing a metal finger at Apple Bloom. "Uhh... Yes...?" she said unsure by the fear, Ron stared at Apple Bloom in a suspicious way. "I see..."

"Apple Bloom! Where are ya?" a voice called out for her.

"Over here, Applejack!" she called back.

A orange pony with a cowboy hat appeared from behind one of the apple trees nearby. "There ya are, Ah was looking all ov- WHAT IN TARNATION ARE YOU?" Applejack was petrified to see a large metal monster with her sister and surprisingly Dinky, too. "Wow, I really need to show you more around in public," said Dinky, tired of ponies being surprised by Ron, "Well, this is Ron, I'm just giving him a tour around town."

Applejack was speechless and mesmerized. "Greetings, the one called 'Applejack'," Ron resumed the conversation. "Infi- Applejack are you alright?" Applejack was still frozen, but shook her head to snap out of it. "Oh, uhh... Sorry, don't know what happened to me there. But Ah'm Applejack, and welcome to Sweet Apple Acres, 'Ron'."

"...Infidel."

"What did you just say?"

"Nothing..."

Applejack glared at Ron as she suspected he called her something. Ron simply glanced over to Dinky to avoid any unnecessary 'hostility'. "Is your brother here?" asked Dinky. Applejack looked away from Ron, and at Dinky, "He's here, but he's working in the field."

"Brother? What is the stallion's name?" asked Ron.

"Big Macintosh," replied Apple Bloom.

" 'Macintosh'... Strange, but worthy."

Dinky took her thoughts away from the conversation, and something on her mind was missing or bothering her. This is really getting weird. But there's something missing here, what was I going to do or go? Oh, that's it! Dentist appointment... Dinky came out her thoughts and back to her friends. But it was awkwardly quiet. "Uhh... We have to go no. I have to go to the dentist today."

"Well, you better go. Don't want to be late to an appointment, now do we?" nervously said Applejack, feeling uncomfortable in the presence of Ron. "Come on, Ron. Let's get back home so my mom can take me to the dentist. Bye, Applejack and Apple Bloom!" Dinky departed with Ron following behind her, except Ron looked back at Applejack and said something, "Infidel..."

"What did ya just say!?"

Ron turned his head, and continued the departure, Applejack made a more serious glare at the cyborg. Ron smirked as he annoyed Applejack. They continued back the same way they come from, and Dinky strangely had no signs of fear towards Ron. She glanced up at him, and observed a single wire on each side of his head that connects to his body. I wonder what's that for...?But then she looked down at his legs that were mysteriously covered in red at the tip. "Ron, why are your legs red right there?" she pointed a hoof at them. Ron looked down at his mechanical legs, and noticed the red stains on them," I accidentally stepped on paint before I arrived at your residents."

"Weird, I don't remember seeing anypony painting around the house. But I heard some screams from the woods nearby... Did you have something to do with it?"

"I do not have any association to these 'screams' you speak of."

"Hmm... Well I hope whatever happened turned out okay."

Ron observed the red stains on his legs: it was blood. He remembered the events that happened in the forest that morning.

-----------------

Ron traversed through the woods to rendezvous with Dinky as he planned to do. The sun had risen from horizon; it's rays of light casted down upon the tree canopies, mist hovered above the ground, and the sounds of the creatures of the night were still affect. The morning light became brighter bu the minute. Ron ignored all factors around him, except for any signs of trouble, of course. He shoved vegetation out fo the way that had grown large enough to his chest. But he made a unexpected discovery: two ponies sleeping in sleeping bags by a campfire that had been extinguished by the cold night air. Ron quietly maneuvered around the ponies, but accidentally stepped on a twig. "Cursed..."

"Huh?" the mare woke up running her left eye. Ron hid himself in the large vegetation to prevent being himself, he watched the mare get herself out of the sleeping bag, and placed the targeting crosshairs on the pony. The mare then observed her surroundings for the sound, "Hmm..." she turned in the direction of Ron, and her expression turned into suspicion. " What the?"

"How does it know I'm hidden?" I am comple-" Ron looked down to see the glow of his neon blue lights giving away his position, he shut them down but it was too late, the pony was approaching him. Ron dragged a leg back and lifted in the air in case he and to strike. The mare came too close, and looked closely into the brush. She didn't notice anything, until three red dotted eyes stared at her, "Huh? Ahh-" Ron impaled her between the eyes and dragged her into the brush; the stallion that was sleeping woke up by the half-scream of the mare, "Honey, what's wrong? Honey?"

The stallion got up and started to panic, "Ruby, where are you!?" He shouted again, but there was no response from 'Ruby. But then he heard strange crunching and ripping noises from the large brush by the campfire. "Ruby, is that you?" The noises stop, and silence took over. He slowly approached the brush, but the sound of something shuffling through the vegetation quickly passed by him. "Ruby, if this is a joke to scare me... I'm going to admit its working." The stallion was now right infront of the brush, and peeked through it: blood-stained dirt and plants were the only things. "Woah!" he fell back from the gruesome sight. "What's going on!?"

THUD!

The sound of something heavy from behind shook him. The stallion felt his teeth chattering, and the sound of growling by whatever it was behind him. He nervously looked up, and his heart started to race at the sight of a large spider creature. "Ahhhhh!" The spider creature lifted a leg, and struck him in the left foreleg. "Aaahh-mmmpphh!!" The stallion felt his mouth bring covered by a cold metal limb. "Silence, Pony!" the spider grumbled. "Now, I wonder what I shall do to you?"

"Let m-" Ron impaled him in the heart, before he finsihed what he had to say, then let him slide off his leg when there was no sign of life. "Your 'sacrifice' shall be rewarded..." Ron left the disturbing site, and made his way to meet Dinky, the house from last night's encounter came to view with the filly unicorn standing by the fence awaiting for his arrival. "Let us hope you do not commit the same errors as those two had done..."

-----------------

They were now nearing Ponyville, strangely there were royal guards on the path. "I wonder why is there so many guards in Ponyville today?" asked Dinky. Ron came out of his thoughts, and looked down at Dinky confused. "Did you say something, Dinky?"

"Yeah, I said why is there so many guards, is princess Celestia here today?"

Ron instantly glanced up ahead at the alerting sight of two guards that matched the same ones at the hospital. He felt a shock within him, and the machine killer instinct kicked in, and aimed his weapons; his right human eye twitched, and was about to fire upon them. But he shook his head and snapped out of it, "Ugh...What happened to me there?"

"I hope we don't get into trouble with them, since you know...you kind of look scary," Dinky sheepishly said.

Ron had to avoid the guards to prevent any interference in the most critical time of his plan. "Let us traverse this way, Dinky." He stepped off the path and headed to the nearby woods. "Ron, you're acting really weird, is this normal for you?" Dinky asked, as Ron continued to approach the woods. "Hey, where are you going!" Dinky chased after the large cyborg, she caught up and grabbed one of his back legs to stop his advancement. "It's just a few guards! What's the big deal about them!" she shouted, but only made a dirt trail where her legs dragged and being slammed up and down. "Ron w-Ow! Why d-Oof! Can you sl-Ow!"

Ron looked back to make sure it was safe, and came to halt as it appeared clear. "Uuuugghhh...." he looked down at his back legs to see Dinky, who was dizzy and losing her balance when she let go of him; she collapsed on the floor still dazed. "Are you alright, Dinky?" Ron snickered. Dinky got back up but still had a lost of balance, "Why did you runaway from those guards! Are you afraid of them?"

"No, Dinky, it is very complex to explain the reason for avoiding the guards you speak of."

"They're not going to hurt but maybe be afraid, that's all. But why is it so...'complex'?"

Ron shrugged as answer to Dinky' questions; she rolled her eyes, and continued to walk ahead of him. Ron followed right away. Another path was directly ahead, nopony was also travelling among it, until two pegasus guards suddenly came to view. Ron hid himself from sight in some large brush, and made sure he turned off the lights on his armor, but Dinky was still walking towards them. One of the guards noticed her and became suspicious of a child coming out of the woods alone, "Where do you come from, child?"

"I'm walking with my friend, Ron." Dinky smiled, but realized he wasn't there. "Uhh...Ron? Where are you?"

"Where is your friend, 'Ron'?" the second guard asked.

Ron stared at the two guards with anger, he lifted the gattling gun under his left forearm, his thoughts were concentrated to kill both of them. Do it! Listen to the screams of their own extinction!...a voice spoke in his head. But again he shook himself out of the sudden violent actions. "Ron, you can come out! They wont do anything!" Dinky shouted, but Ron remained hidden. "Listen, we don't have time, but have you seen a giant metal spider creature?" asked the guard. "And if you do, please contact any authorities nearby." The two guards took off into the air, leaving Dinky behind alone by herself on the road. Ron emerged from his hiding spot; Dinky had an angry stare. "Why are you so afraid of the guards!?"

"The reason is very complicated, like I have said before."

"Next time, I'm going to drag you out of your hiding spot!"

Dinky stormed off, and as for Ron, his plan went as orchestrated. Dinky appears to grow dislike when I diverge away from any authorities. Perhaps it is time to follow her orders, despite the consequences. I should enjoy the easy targets if they do engage me!...Dinky's home was now in full view, the Doctor was outside waiting with a newspaper in his mouth. Ron had a sense it was trouble. "Dinky!" the Doctor shouted, "Where have you been?"

"Umm...giving Ron a tour around town."

"Tell me next time, okay? I got worried where you went off to!"

"Sorry, but we had to cut the tour short, because I have the dentist appointment, remember?"

"Yes, Dinky, I do, and I will be taking you today, since your mother is working right now. But can you step inside in for a minute...I need to talk with Ron." He made a glare at Ron, Dinky complied and left the two behind to speak. The Doctor grabbed the newspaper with a hoof and opened it for Ron to see. "What is this?" he said in a annoyed voice, "How do you explain this?" Ron observed closely to the section of the paper, and saw a Nod logo painted on a wall in the picture that a reporter took, "It cannot be! There are others around here, too? I must find them!" The Doctor closed the newspaper and made a serious stare at him, "Why did you do this? Have you gone mad!?"

"I have not created this art that is in the photo."

The Doctor frowned, he opened the newspaper to the same page again, and pointed at the logo in the picture, then at the one on Ron's chest; he looked down at his chest, and crossed his arms and looked away annoyed, "I may bear the same mark as in the photo, but I have no connection."

"Ron, you obviously did this! Why don't you just admit it! Are you afraid to admit your mistakes!"

THUD!

Ron knocked the Doctor the floor, and slammed a spider leg close to his neck and came face-to-face with him, "I AM SUPERIOR DESIGN...I HAVE NO MISTAKES OR FLAWS." The Doctor was sweating and his heart pounding against his rib cage. But he noticed a change in Ron's voice and his red dotted eyes changed blue for a second, then back to red. "IF YOU BELIEVE I AM A PEST IN YOUR PRESENCE AND WANT ME BE RIDDEN, THEN I WILL MURDER YOU..."

"N-Now Ron...hehe, oh dear...we can settle this like gentlemen, can we?"

"I AM NO 'GENTLEMEN' AS YOU SPEAK...I AM THE NEXT STEP I-"

"Ron, do want to come with us?" Dinky came back outside form the house; Ron changed back to his 'normal' stance and glanced over to Dinky, "Huh? What? Oh, the trip to the dentist? Of course..." Dinky made a wide smile, but was confused why the Doctor was on the ground. "Uhh...Doctor, why are you on the ground?"

"Oh you know, just relaxing here a bit, that's all, hehe..." he made a quick look at Ron, then to Dinky. "Ok...? But let's go! We're going to be late!" Dinky started to make her way to the dentist'. The Doctor got back up, and stared at Ron angrily, but saw there was something different with him; he was looking at his metal hands that were in front of his face. Although his faceplate concealed any expression, the Doctor could tell he was confused about something, "Are you alright, Ron?"

"...No, Doctor...There is nothing wrong with me, but what happened a moment ago?"

"You don't remember? You almost ki-" his eyes went wide when he realized something drastic about Ron. "Well, lets just say we're going to take Dinky to the dentist, that's all."

"Is that what happened? Very well, then..."

Ron and the Doctor went off to catch up with Dinky, the Doctor didn't glare at Ron, but stare at him in surprisingly concerned way. He doesn't remember what happened right now? How doesn't he know!? Could it be the strange behavior that suddenly commenced when I- wait at minute...that's it! He his suddenly filled with rage and power when someone gets him to an angry level! How I've should've known! But he is nothing like any machine...

"Ron, are you feeling okay?" No response came from Ron. "Ron?"

Ron stood there not making a expression or moving at all. "Ron, what's wrong with you? You've been acting weird today!" Dinky shouted at him. "Ron, hellllooo...?" He still stood there motionless. "Doctor what's wrong with him!?"

"I don't know, Dinky. Ron!"

------------------

***...Incoming Transmission...Standby!...***

***...A message to any Brotherhood of Nod forces in the region! Cyborg Commando unit C-175-8, broadcasting this message to all Brotherhood of Nod forces! I repeat, this is Cyborg Commando unit C-175-8 broadcasting this message to any Nod forces!...***

***...Acquiring coordinates to friendly Nod unit...Standby!...***

A flickering blue dot represented the Cyborg Commando on the display in Ron's cybernetic eyes, he immediately took off to the location without delay. "Ron, where are you going!" the Doctor yelled at him.

"Ron, comeback! What are you doing!" Dinky yelled.

Ron continued to proceed to his destination despite the loud voices of the two acquaintances. "Blast, I was afraid he was going to do something like that!" the Doctor looked away, for he felt responsible not doing anything to stop Ron.

"Will he come back, Doctor?" Dinky asked, concerned.

"Oh don't worry, Dinky. He will return...eventually."

Author's Note:

Cyborg Reaper rage moment...lol.