• Published 4th May 2013
  • 2,263 Views, 53 Comments

Cybernetic Wanderers - Echo Derp



What happens when Dinky befriends the Brotherhood of Nod?

  • ...
15
 53
 2,263

The Tiberium Phenomena

The Tiberium Phenomena

The Earth had been scorched and marred by the savage wars of humanity by the one precious, green, toxic crystal: Tiberium. It has been the pinnacle for everything on the planet since its very powerful arrival; life, death, prosperity, destruction, creation, and beyond. Many wish to eradicate and forget this extraterrestrial mineral forever, yet some wish to control it, discover it, and see what its true purpose was, and those who wished to seek its righteous truth was the Brotherhood of Nod.

They sought it to be a great grift from beyond. But to achieve this they would have to go a broad, innumerable and difficult challenges. It began at a brutal start, but in time they slowly defeated each challenge that crossed their paths. But they couldn't have overcome these grave times without one man; Kane. He was called many names, he was harshly questioned by others in the opposing forces, or even by his own followers, they tried to end him but never succeeded.

He still led his "children" to the future he had promised. And that future was the second Tiberium War; it wasn't a curse or punishment for the Brotherhood, but another great challenge they must face to achieve their dreams. But as time passed, the Brotherhood constantly researched and evolved their technologies to compete against the one menacing force that troubled them for so long: GDI.

With the Global Defense Initiative at hand, and deviating their journey off the path, the Brotherhood had made a significant weapon in their arsenal: Cyborgs. These cybernetic warriors easily devastated the vulnerable GDI infantry and light vehicles. But to create these mechanical monsters in the beginning would be a horrifying process for those who were unlucky. The pesky mutant population, prisoners of war, even the Brotherhood of Nod own soldiers would be the "volunteers" of this scientific breakthrough.

Many suffered and perished under the inhuman conditions of the process. But in the end, they were able to create the perfect half-man, half-machine soldier. Now the Brotherhood had new ways to deal with GDI. They fought and won against them, but many human soldiers lost their lives as the result. Many died but some wished to live and serve Kane for another day, but to do this... they would have to become one of them. And so they did. But a new generation of cybernetics was called to the fray.

And so, this new generation of man-machine soldiers was created; the Cyborg Reapers...

**********

The sky was covered in the dark gloomy clouds, the earth was marred in this arid European desert. But it once was a beautiful green land; thrilled with life and joy, but now it is just a husk of what it once was before. The sacred Tiberium grew and thrived off this desolate land; consuming any unlucky organic victim to its merciless power it contained. A bright flash of lightning struck across the sky over these lands. Another and another flash of lightning boomed across the sky, meaning only one thing to those who occupied these lands; "Ion Storm!"

The small Nod base that was built within these infested grounds went on high alert as this bizarre weather phenomena approached closer and closer. Many personnel scrambled to their positions since this was a "perfect" storm to ambush this vulnerable installation. The front gate of the base lowered down, and a Tiberium harvester rolled out with two Tick Tanks escorting it on both sides. But they were shortly followed by a squad infantry equipped with rifles and portable rocket launchers.

The radar communications structure that had a radar dome that never endingly spun came to a halt. But then a great flash brightened the sky for the moment, and massive lightning strikes pounded the Earth like a drum. Many feared for being struck by this electrically charged particles but some didn't. Inside the War Factory-the structure responsible for all Nod vehicle construction-was creating a very unusual unit to be deployed.

A few second passed by, and the large front door to the factory slowly lifted upwards. A mechanical spider leg stepped out of the shadows of the structure, then another. Many of the Nod soldiers outside stared at this unknown object suspiciously. That object soon came forward out of the darkness and into the faint Tiberian sun. All the soldiers were shocked by a unimaginable sight; it was a Cyborg Reaper.

The Cyborg Reaper appeared very inhumane, except for the few remaining organic parts, but it was a machine that petrified all. It rotated its head to right and left, having a deathly gaze under those cybernetic eyes at anything it stared. Yet its human eyes were covered all the way in the back of its mechanical eyes with three dots in each as if they were the eye pupils, it was kind of like it had googles on its eyes.

The skin on its head was very thin, and its remaining human skull nearly showed. The face was covered by a steel faceplate that gave it more of mechanical abomination look, but also had a metal upper jaw piece that depicted small carnivorious teeth on it. But the lower jaw was still slightly human.

The Reaper also had a boom mic that connected to the side of its head. It lifted its front right arachnid leg forward, then the left and back following the same order. Another flash of lightning struck across the sky, and it stopped to observe this violent weather. It placed its targeting cursor in the dark clouds, and gathered data off this weather:

***.../_!_\...Warning.../_!_\...Threat Level: 90%.....Proceed With Caution....***

***...Akbdki3721aksnja...101010101010101.....***

***...Tiberium Gas Level: 95%...***

***...alnisua3797skjsnsjs.....10101010..***.

***...Ion Particle Activity: 100%***

***...Duration: 10 Minutes.***

***...Weapon Armaments Online...***

***...Weapon Access Code....(10957)36774...***

***...Cleared to Proceed...***

The Cyborg Reaper acknoloweged the data it was given and proceeded towards the front gate of the base. The unit was about to reach the gate but was stopped by a soldier. "The Commander has orders for you. You stay here until the vehicles and our guys out there get in some sort of trouble," he explained, in a muffled tone by his masked helmet. The Cyborg obeyed the orders, and headed towards the Hand of Nod; placing itself by the "wrist" area which was the back of it.

"Hey did you hear about the reports about what happened to our guys out there?" a fellow Nod soldier asked, around the corner.

"No, why?" another replied.

"Well, it's crazy actually. They just disappeared out of sight when the Ion Storm appeared, just like this one during some firefight they were in," he explained.

"What? Are you sure they didn't just get blown up by a Titan or Orca?" the other soldier questioned

"No! We also had a SAM Site out there, and it too disappeared!"

The Cyborg Reaper overheard this conversation, and began to wonder in its human side of its brain why his own comrades and their structures have vanished. The Cyborg looked across into the sky in the direction of the gate; small objects were seen traveling across the sky, he knew the objects that were flying would have a fatal fate. A lightning strike flashed in their direction, and one of them was heading straight for the ground. It fell to its doom, leaving a smoke trail as it was shot down from the sky by Mother Nature. It continued to fall until it disappeared behind the large front gate.

The Cyborg Reaper formed a smirk under its metallic faceplate at the sight. "Hey Ron! You look like s***!" a voice called out to him. The Cyborg turned to its torso to the left, and saw a Nod soldier standing before him, the soldier only had the mandible sections of his helmet than it being fully covered. "Oh come on! Don't tell me you don't remember me!"

The Cyborg Reaper glared at the soldier as it continued to call out for him. "Yes, I do..." it replied, in its deep, husky voice. The soldier walked towards the machine to talk to it more up close. He stopped and observed the Reapers armor and features, he had a hand to the chin part of his helmet. "Man, Ron... You're completely different than most Cyborg Reapers. "Ron" was the human name of the Cyborg Reaper before he became one of them. Ron's steel-ceramic armour was painted a silver color, than most of his Reaper brethren who had shades of dark gray. "And you got arms too!"

Ron had arms and hands rather than other Cyborg Reapers who had missile launchers that replaced their forearms. He lifted his cybernetic arms in front of him, and slightly wiggled his metallic fingers. Ron's weaponry was also very unique; he had two missile launchers on his shoulders. The one on his right was lifted but the one on his left was lowered all the way behind the left shoulder, they appeared similiar to a Nod Sam Site, he also had a chain gun under his left forearm.

"Dude, I don't what they did to you, but I say it's pretty awesome," the soldier complimented. The soldiers name was David Xlaner, he had been friends with Ron since their beginning in the Brotherhood. David wasn't shocked or petrified by his friends appearance than most would. But felt it was something special for his machine friend. "What are you suppost to be doing by the way?" asked David.


"I am assign-"

"Hey, Reaper man! We need you over here!" a soldier called out at him, which prevented Ron's statement. Ron shrugged at David, and proceeded to the front gate of the base. A very surprising unit was at the front: a Cyborg Commando. It stood their facing the gate and its plasma cannon on its forearm pointed outwards. Ron placed himself to the left of his cybernetic brother. "Our boys just got ambushed out there by GDI, and we need you two to deal with it!" a soldier explained. Ron and the commando made no expression as a response, and the front gates lowered—they both exited out without saying a word.

"Why the hell do we make these guys?" the same soldier asked, as the gate ascended upwards again.

They traversed to the area of the GDI disturbance without delay. Ron obsereved the desolate lands and the husks of both Nod and GDI weaponry that were littered all over the area. He then rotated around to the Cyborg Commando, who's red, dome-like visor reflected the sky and ground. "What is your name? Before who you are today?" Ron asked.

The commando looked upward at him, and stared at him for a long moment. "Andy... Andy was my name," the commando replied.

"Well, 'Andy'... I am Ron. I see we both share these unfortunate differences," said Ron.

"I believe we both underestimated what was going to happen to us. But GDI was the one who diminished my life..." Anger was convcieved in his tone. "They made me witness the downfall of my brethren and myself."

"We will both have our time to exact GDI for what they did to us," said Ron. He still had more of a human side, but the machine brutality of Nod still lurked in him. Ron remembered at what he believed was GDI's brutal inhuman actions they did to him.

-------------------

Ron was just a normal Nod soldier, he was under the command of General Anton Slavik. Though one mission would change his life forever. He was deployed against a small GDI outpost somewhere in Europe. They ambushed the outpost, but had a very unfortunate result.

They managed to destroy all walkers and infantry in the outpost, but one remained strong.... A Mammoth Mark Two. It was the last man standing. They tried to penetrate its invincible armour but it was useless. It devastated all, and Ron was the few who remained alive. The Mammoth turned its powerful rail guns at him, and fired the devastating round. It impacted Ron by his side. He was on the floor dying from a slow, painful death. But David was able to drag him back to safe lines.

There, back in a medical room in the Hand of Nod, where he found his leg and some of his abdominals would be amputated by the beyond repair damage he was given. The doctor asked him, "Would you like to be... a... a cybernetic?"

Ron didn't want to live a life without legs, and replied, "...Yes." And from that day forth, he would be what he is today, and have no mercy on GDI...

------------------

Gunshots and explosions were heard down the desert hill that was up ahead. Ron and Andy increased their pace to the fight. They came up the hill, and witnessed the firefight down below. The Harvester pulled away from combat and retreated back to base, one of the Tick Tanks was destroyed but the second one was under heavy enemy fire. Sounds of panicking voices and footsteps were coming towards them.

Two light, Nod infantry soldiers and a rocket soldier were cowardly fleeing from combat. They passed by them in such a hurry one of them yelled back at them. "What are you doing! Get away from the place! It's a lost cause and everyone is almost dead! RUN!"

The three soldiers dissaperead around a rock wall. And the two cybernetics stared at each other, then the battle down the hill. The two machines ignored the warnings, and proceeded as planned. Ron looked at the terrain below; it was almost covered in Tiberium, but few areas weren't scarred by the crystals, but these blank spots were filled with dead corpses of both GDI and NOD soldiers. "It appears both Brotherhood and GDI have significantly suffered heavy losses in infantry," stated Andy.

"It appears so," replied Ron.

Ron moved his front left leg, and planted it by a small Tiberium crystal; causing green-glowing cracks to spread around the dirt floor. The Tick Tank was receiving heavy damage from GDI Disc Throwers and Wolverines. Andy switched his cannon to maual ,than homing which was commonly used by other Cyborg Commandos. He charged his plasma cannon, and released a green laser of doom. A Disc Thower turned around at the sound of the cannon. "What the? Ahh-". The GDI soldier instantly vaporized by the impact of the laser. Andy then aimed at a rifle soldier, and fired the laser; the soldier also vaporized.

A Wolverine noticed this and aimed its gattling cannons at them both, it fired, and the bullets were traveling at high speeds. The projectiles simply deflected off Ron's armor, but Andy was slightly being affected by them. Ron's targeting crosshairs were on the Wolverine and they went red. Ron fired four of his multi-tracking missiles from his right shoulder, and they flew towards the target, however, even though they had tracking capabilities they still lacked accuracy.

One of them flew to the right and impacted on a patch of Tiberium crystals; causing them to explode and shatter; releasing deadly shards of Tiberium. Another went to the left to the group of GDI infantry, and exploded in the middle of them, some soldiers were completely blown apart and others were blown to the floor; weakened and wounded by the blast trying to crawl away. The last remaining two missiles destroyed the Wolverine, and created a giant explosion. "Exterminated..."

The Tick Tank was relieved from the heat, and radioed the two cyborgs, "Thanks for the help! I'm gonna take this baby back for repairs. I'll see you back at base! "

The Tick Tank withdrew from combat, leaving the cyborgs and the GDI stragglers behind. One of them was fifteen meters away from Ron, and he quickly went to finish the dying soldier. The soldier turned his head at Ron, and he began to scurry away faster as the metallic demon approached him. Ron was now right next to this weak GDI member, and raised his front right spider leg, and impaled him on the back; blood splattered all over the unlucky soldiers' back. Ron raised his leg in the air to inspect the damage. The soldier that was impaled had his head hanging low and arms, too. "DEAD..."

Ron let the lifeless body slide off his arachnid leg, and on to the dirt-covered floor with green cracks among it. Gunshots went off, and Ron rotated his torso -which was his whole upper body- to the sound. The survIiving Nod soldiers finished off the GDI stragglers. A evil smirk formed under his metallic face plate. Andy had a GDI soldier in his left arm, and closely observed him for any signs of life. "This one has no heartbeat... how unfortunate." Andy tossed the dead trooper's body to the side.

A surviving Nod soldier when to meet the cyborg that saved his life. "Thank God you showed up! I thought we were dead!"

"As always," replied Ron

The ground suddenly shook, but it mysteriously stopped. All the Brotherhood of Nod members frantically observed their surroundings, yet again the ground shook. "What is that?" a Nod soldier asked.

"I don't know but I got a bad feeling, but what is that?," asked another soldier.

A broad, dark object was swaying back and forth coming up from the horizon. Then two large metal box-like objects peeked above first. Ron tilted his head to the sides trying to determine what it was. Then the object revealed more of what it was; very bulky and humongous in height. Ron's human eyes widened as he realized what this object was. "Mammoth Mark two!" he alerted loudly, yet it was still in his deep husky voice.

All the full human Nod members instantly retreated. But the two remaining half-man/machine members stayed behind. Ron stared at Andy who also stared at him back under his red-dome visor. "Let us go into combat! GDI does not frighten us!" said Andy. The two charged at the the invincible walker of GDI. Ron let his anger control his human side by the deep hatred he had for GDI.

"No matter how overwhelming the odds are we shall fend off any GDI incursion. We shall give our lives for Kane and be in his presence even in death," said Andy, in a somewhat brave way.

The Mammoth fired its pulse turret that was undermounted on its chin. The bullets struck both cybernetics but the damage did not halt their attack. Andy aimed and fired his plasma cannon at the turret, which had a direct impact. Now, a ball of metal fell to the floor burning. The weather suddenly started to act up, and the winds harshly blew and lighting began to strike the ground; a Ion Storm occurring over their heads. A lightning strike flashed, and the Mammoth instantly turned to a silhouette, then back to its original form.

Ron shot his missiles at the legs of the massive walker, and damaged them significantly. Pieces of destroyed metal flew off the machine and begun to stumble every step it took. The ground also was shaking violently, causing Ron and Andy too also stumble. Andy fell but caught himself, and Ron was firmly planted to the ground by his metallic arachnid anatomy. Ron had a menacing frown as the Mammoth didn't yield to them. Bullets suddenly striked Ron, he looked around for the source of the projectiles, and discovered a squad of five Jump Jet Toopers.

"Nnnngghhhh!!" Ron growled, placing multiple targeting cursors on the troopers. "Farewell, heretics!"

The missiles flew towards the targets. The troopers threw themselves to the sides to evade the missiles, but some were unlucky and were struck by the missiles. Now only two remained alive. Ron charged at the two finish them off while Andy fought the Mammoth Mark Two. One of the troopers got back up, and was ready to return fire, but a sharp pain of a metallic limb impaled him in the gut, he grabbed the limb but his life drained away from him before he had the chance to remove it. Ron removed the dead trooper and targeted the next one. But the trooper was nowhere in sight.

The Mammoth shot a rail gun round at the ground near Andy, which blew him backwards to the ground, the walker then turned its sights at Ron and fired its rail guns at him too. Ron slid his heavy cybernetic weight to the side to dodge the projectile; it succeeded but he saw both rail guns at him. He knew his fate was as at hand, and closed his human eyes. But lightning suddenly struck the massive machine. The Tiberium began to glow very brightly and the lightning activity increased very maliciously. The Mammoth started to tilt its massive body weight towards Ron, but Ron opened his human eyes and realized he was going to be crushed.

Ron started to move his arachnid legs as fast he could, but the shadow that loomed over covered all that was around him. Ron didn't even want to turn his head back for what it will be sight he did not want to witness. He concentrated both his human and mechanical eyes on the Tiberium fields ahead, but there was also a outline of a figure that resembled a person infront of him. The area was surprisingly getting brighter as Ron fled, he turned his head around, and saw the Mammoth readying to fall upon him, Ron palced his arms out to shield himself but it was useless against the overwhelming body weight. "Noo-"

Darkness devoured Ron when the Mammoth was about to crush him...

********

***...[Danger]....Significant Damage Detected Within Vital Core Areas Of...***

***...This Unit...[Danger]...***

***...Emergency Self-Repair Engaged...Standby....***...5%...7%...9%...***

***...Activating Security Motion Sensors...Standby...***

***.../_!_\...WARNING!...WARNING!.../_!_\....***

***.../_!_\...Unrecognized Contact Near This Unit!.../_!_\...***

***...Protocol (189DL/45A)....Engaged....Emergency Reboot Initiated!...***

Ron slowly began to open both his mechanical and human eyes as the emergency protocols were put into affect. His left eye displayed a red, upside down triangle as a unknown contact moving towards his position. Ron activated his weapons for who knew what this contact might be. Ron noticed the computers in his head and eyes didn't display any map readings or terrain in the area. He double-checked the strange disfunctions of the advanced hardware that dwelled within him.

"Excuse me? Big metal monster sir?" a nervous little voice called for him.

Ron turned his large metal body around to confront the source of this voice. He looked to his left and right not seeing anything that just talked to him, he grew very suspicious over the unknown voice, and no sight, or trace where it came from.

"Umm...Excuse me? Down here..."

Ron hunched downwards at the direction of the voice. He was surprised to see a small filly, light-purple unicorn with a golden mane and tail, staring at him with frightened eyes and trembling in fear. "Uhh...Hi...?"

The filly unicorn took steps backwards as the "metal monster" planted its arachnid metallic legs into the dirt at at her sides. The unicorn was about to turn tail and run, but tripped and fell on the dirt path. She rolled over to her backside, and was now face to face with the metal monster. "Hehehe...How do you do?"

"Dinky!" a voice called out. "Dinky! Where are you?"

Ron knew that it must be another of the populace, and quickly withdrew from 'Dinky'. Ron headed to the nearby woods by the road. A light-brown stallion with a dark brown mane and a tie appeared. "Dinky, there you are! Your mum is expecting us to be home by now."

"Y-yeah, hehehe.... home, Doctor," Dinky said, in a shaky tone getting back up from the ground.

"Are you alright?" asked Doctor Whooves, noticing Dinky acting strange.

"Yup! I'm completely fine," Dinky lied, staring into the woods where the metal monster disappeared to.

"Well then, let's get a move on."

Dinky and Dr. Whooves continued down the road, Dinky looked back at the path, the metal monster was leaning its torso outwards from the forests edge, staring at them with its red, three dotted eyes. "Umm...Doctor? Have you ever seen a metal monster?"

"Why yes, Dinky. I have seen many metal monsters before," the Doctor happily answered. "Don't tell me you want to see one?"

"Hehehe, No! I just was curious that's all," Dinky said, with a nervous smile.

Dinky turned around again to see if the metal monster was still there watching them: it wasn't. Dinky's heart began to race as the monster was no where in sight. Where is it!? Where is it!? Where could've it went to!...Dinky frantically looked in all directions to spot the this metallic creature but it was nowhere in sight. Dinky turned her head at the dirt wall that was beside the path with the forest planted above it, she looked up and saw the monster's head peeking above the edge watching them carefully. Dinky gulped as the monster's cybernetic beady eyes observed them taking each step forward.

"Dinky, I'm going to take your mum to a fancy restraunt tonight. So, you'll be home with your sister for a while," Doctor Whooves explained.

"Okay!" Dinky answered slightly in glee.

The two ponies were now reaching Ponyville. Dinky checked behind again to see if the monster was watching them; it was gone, out of sight for good. Dinky made a sigh of relief as they safely crossed into Ponyville. Dinky's older sister, Sparkler, was seen buying bread at a cart, Dinky galloped to her sister and pulled her into a hug. "Sparkler!"

"Where did you come from, Dinky?" asked Sparkler, surprised by the sudden appearance of her little sister.

"Hello, Sparkler," greeted Doctor Whooves.

"Oh, hello there, Doctor! I didn't see you there," said Sparkle, as The Doctor met up with them. "Did you take Dinky somewhere?"

"Just on a nature walk, that's all," replied Doctor Whooves.

Sparkler looked down at her sister, who still clung on to her. "I bet you saw a lot of wildlife, did you?"

"I sure did! You should've seen the animals I saw!" said Dinky, remembering the metal monster.

"Well, did you see any intriguing animals out there, too?," asked Sparkler.

"Oh yes! I did see really nice animals, hehehe... this is not going to end up well..." Dinky whimpered under her breath.

Author's Note:

I want to know if it's alright about the few tweaks I did on the Cyborg Reaper and on the Cyborg Commando's weapon. If there is any trouble about the Reaper or anything else I will change it. This is my first C&C fanfic I hope it turned all right for you fans out there! Sorry if you're a GDI lover....