• Published 4th May 2013
  • 2,266 Views, 53 Comments

Cybernetic Wanderers - Echo Derp



What happens when Dinky befriends the Brotherhood of Nod?

  • ...
15
 53
 2,266

More Nod

More Nod

"We must escape! In the name of Kane!"

Ron and Andy immediately fled the the burning Wonderbolt Acadamy. Ron looked back at the flaming mountain, gigantic plumes of smoke rose high into the sky. He was able to see many pegasi heading to the area, "They cannot extinguish the flames, it has manifested to a dangerous level."

"Ah, I enjoyed the carnage I have done," Andy 'happily' said, "Next time I shall murder the Wonderbolt, and the female who he protected."

"You may have the chance, but we must reach Dinky before it is too late!" Ron said.

The two cyborgs had gotten much distance from the academy. A group of Wonderbolts flew over them without noticing the cybernetics, "Hurry! The area is swarming with the hostiles! Andy said. Ron and Andy stopped by a large tree to make sure they weren't being followed. Andy searched to the right and saw nothing. Ron checked left and it was also clear. "I believe we are safe for now," said Andy.

"Yes, I believe we are, but how much damage did you cause?" Ron stared at the smoke continuing to rise and expand from the mountain. Andy also looked at the destruction, he was suprised to see the smoke rise than he had ever before seen, "How amazing. All of this has unfolded by this unit?"

"Ha! Oh how much trouble we are goi-"

"Hey! Whats going on at the Wonderbolt place!?" a voice shouted.

Ron and Andy immediately turned to a patch of bushes where the voice came from. They heard scuffling sounds, and more voices talking. A small pegasus came into view; it was Scootaloo. Ron looked at Andy, who clenched his metal hand into a fist, "The tiny winged-mammal better not have reported us to any authoritive force!" he grumbled. Scootaloo saw the two machines, and instantly made a frightened look. Ron pointed a finger at her to remind who she was dealing with. Scootaloo cringed and disappeared from sight behind a tree.

"Ha! You have scared the mammal- or the pegasus away!" Andy said.

"I have. I expected her to yell for help, but surprisingly no." Ron was a little confused. The two moved on, there was no sign of Scootaloo returning or whoever was with her. Andy calmly checked his plasma cannon, making it glow green, then returning to normal. Ron saw a rabbit hop by, and he scanned the small animal.

***...Scanning...Standby...***

***...Type: Mammal...***

***...Weight: 7...***

***...Height: 1 Foot...***

***...Threat level: Laughable...***

"Hmpf...How pathetic."

A large structure started to emerge over the trees that were ahead, Ron was able to recognize the structure as Ponyville hospital. "What it the building that has come to view?" asked Andy.

"That, my brother, is 'Ponyville' hospital. It is the prime medical facility of the town," Ron stared at the hospital, the path becoming very familiar.

"The Wonderbolt and the female pegasus had escaped while I was destroying the Wonderbolt property! Perhaps they are being facilitated at the medical center?"

Ron stared up at the sky to think if the two fliers might be there, "Maybe, but we cannot chase them to the hospital right now, we must find Dinky." Andy grunted has he wanted to finish off Soarin' and Rainbow Dash, but there will be another time if he had the chance. The cyborgs appeared directly behind the hospital, "This is not a path we should travel, it will only bring trouble," Ron said.

"Let me check something." Andy walked towards a window of one of the rooms inside, Ron wondered what his companion was thinking, but followed along. The Cyborg Commando barely peeked his head out to the point where he can see the inside without being spotted. The room was empty, Andy marched on to the next, the room was dark and a sleeping unicorn was on the hospital bed, "Where are you?" he grumbled.

Ron noticed what his brother was doing.

"Brother, stop! You'll have another chance! We must leave the area!" Andy ignored him, and continued to the next - this room had what he wanted. Andy gazed at the sight of Rainbow Dash on the bed still unconscious with a doctor, and Soarin' at her side petrified. Andy made an invisible evil grin, and scanned the room to remember everything. Ron was tugging him on his metal shoulder, but Andy remained cemented to the ground, "We must go! You're risking everything! My pla- our survival!"

"A few more minutes or seconds shall do, I must see what room they are in. Ah, they're in room twelve! I shall return for them!" Andy turned around at Ron, "Now we can leave." Ron placed his hands on his circular abdomen and grunted, "Let's go..."

---------------

After for about fifteen minutes of walking and evading any ponies towards the residents of the Hooves family, the house of Dinky was up ahead. Ron felt glad they had finally reached a safe area. Andy on the other hand sensed something suspicious over this home, "I feel this is going to be a trap."

Ron looked up and shook his head at Andy's random statements, "Is everything a threat to you?"

"Yes..."

"Ugh, just wait and see this area is secure." Ron led Andy around the house to the back gate where both can easily enter. Ron turned around the corner of the wooden fence, but stopped dead in his tracks at a 'unpleasant' sight. "Why have you stopped? Are we going to stop here?" Andy questioned as he was confused why Ron suddenly stopped. Ron 'nervously' waved a hand at Dinky, who had a angry stare, "RON..."

"Uhh...Hi...?"

"Nnnngghhhh...Ron you're doing some things I'm not liking here!" Dinky kept her anger from escaping. Ron approached Dinky and leaned down to her height, "Forgive me for my actions, but-"

"But what?" Dinky questioned.

"Andy, come forth!"

Dinky raised a brow as Ron called something 'Andy'. Her eyes shrunk as a tall metal figure appeared around the corner, "What is that thing?"

Ron smirked and explained who Andy was, "That Dinky, is Andy. He is one of my 'brothers' as I have explained before. Dinky stared at Andy's appearance; tall, dark grey parts in some area, then red covering the rest, red dome-like visor, stood upright, one arm had a odd object attached to it and the other was free, but Dinky didn't recognize what the part both Andy and Ron had at the end of their arms, "He looks similar to you, Ron. But what is that part called, that you're able to grab things?"

"This is called a hand. Something more advanced than just a hoof," Andy explained. Ron placed his hand in front of Dinky to let her observe. Ron moved some of his steel fingers, then made into a fist. Dinky was amazed to see a strange body part work in such a mysterious way, "Woah...I've never seen anything have a hand, just claws that look slightly similar but yours is way more different."

"Yes, more advanced and superior than your usless hoo-"

Ron glared at Andy, he automatically understood, "I shall remain silent until further notice."

"Good...it may keep us alive..." Ron mumbled.

"Dinky! Where are you!" a familiar male voice called out. Ron raised himself up, and saw the Doctor in the backyard over the fence. "Dinky! It's time to- Ron!" the Doctor shouted and stomped a hoof to the ground. Ron shrugged and replied back, "Hello, Dinky's father. How are you doing today?" Ron mischievously smiled under his faceplate.

"Oh no! Don't you dare start with that again! Or I will-"

"Or what?" A unfamiliar voice questioned.

The gate opened and Dinky entered with Ron, but also a unknown figure. The Doctor was shocked to see another machine like Ron, standing next to the Reaper, "W-who is this?" Andy marched forward to the Doctor, clenched his hand into a fist, "Greetings, I am Cyborg Commando C dash one seven five dash eight, or 'Andy' to make it simple. I believe you are Dinky's father?" The Doctor turned red on his muzzle, "For the last time I am- Ugghh...forget it! Yes, I am Dinky's 'father'." He decided to move along with this "Dinky's father" thing

"Wonderful, Now I know, so I can kil- I mean what to properly call you."

The Doctor rolled his eyes, "Please, just call me the Doctor. I'll go get Sparkler and Der-"

"Ahhh!" a voice inside the house screamed.

The Doctor turned around at the house, "That sounded like Sparkler! Sparkler I'm coming! I- we'll that solves one thing..." Sparkler and Derpy came galloping out of the house, and collided with the Doctor, "The house is actually haunted!" Derpy shook his head.

"Ha! I was right! Go Dinky! It's your- wait...What?!" Dinky immediately stopped her victory tune. The backdoor of the house was suddenly shut close by itself.

The ponies stared at the door scared, but the two cybernetics showed no signs of fear, or at least being frightened. The door slowly creaked open - a floating muffin was revealed. "My muffins are haunted!" Derpy shouted, she wrapped her forelegs around the Doctor's neck and squeezed tight. The Doctor's face turned purple as oxygen drained from him, "Der-...py...your...suffocating meee..." he grunted. Derpy released him and sheepishly smiled.

"Oops...Sorry...hehehe."

"That's okay...but- uh oh..."

The muffin floated five meters away from them, it began to hover towards them. Derpy wrapped her forelegs around the Doctor's neck, but didn't squeeze, she rather trembled by how scared she was. Sparkler covered her eyes with her forelegs, and Dinky hid behind Ron's leg as she was also frightened, "Ron...can you please do something about this?" Ron took a step forward, but heard a awfully familiar sound that a Stealth Tank makes when it reveals itself, "I know what it is..."

Ron approached the 'haunted' muffin, and closely observed it. The muffin rotated at him, and began to make wierd growling and snaring sounds. Ron crossed his arms unimpressed, "You don't fool me.." He lashed his arms out at the muffin, and felt he grabbed something metallic on both hands, "Come here!" Ron felt whatever he had was trying to escape from him, but it couldn't escape his strength, "Show yourself!" He slammed both objects together to get a response.

"Hey sto- Ow! You're go- Ow! Stop it- Ack! We give up! Ow!" two voices cried out in pain. Ripples of electricity formed on both hands of Ron; two figures in red metal suits appeared. Ron dropped them to the ground and looked at the Hooves family, "The muffin is not haunted. These two are responsible for this supernatural cause."

The figures were the Chameleon Spies that the guard had mention earlier, or to be more precise "Ghosts". The two spies got back up and angrily stared at Ron behind their red visors, "We're on your side!" the two shouted. Ron walked away back to Dinky, who was a little more calm than scared, but still cautious over these new beings. The Doctor got up and adjusted his tie, "Well, since that was over. Who are you two?"

The two spies looked at each other, then back at him, "Allow us to introduce ourselves, we are the Brotherhood of Nod, as you see here these are two of our members." One of them pointed at Ron and Andy, "We have discovered and followed them to this location where Ron is staying."

"How pesky you must be to discovered Ron's place of stay," said Andy.

"Sure...'pesky'," a spy said, "I cannot believe you accepted a Reaper into your home!"

Ron had his arms crossed and felt like beating the two up, but couldn't do such a thing against his brothers, "Brothers, what are your names?"

"I am John. You can't tell the difference between me and Dave here by the number on our armor. Dave had the numbers "048" and John had "036".

"Well then, 'John and Dave'...what brings you here besides terrorizing us?" the Doctor asked, anger was conceived in his voice. "We are also like Ron here, we have nowhere to go, don't really have a clue on how this place works, and by natural instinct, we stick close to our brothers," Dave explained.

"Doctor, they're just like Ron. What are we going to do about them?" Derpy whispered, "Should we let them stay, too?"

The Doctor thought deeply at the difficult question, and came up with a response, "I know you want, and that is to stay with Ron, and this also goes for you too, Andy," the Doctor pointed a foreleg at Andy, "You may stay, but under one condition."

"And what will that be?" John asked.

"You must help, obey and behave while you stay." John looked at Dave, who shrugged as a response, "Thank you, sir!" John turned invisible, and reappeared by the Dcotor, who he gave a hug to, "Your are very 'kind' to accept into your home!" The Doctor was bewildered by the move John did, "W-what? Get off...me...?" John disappeared, Sparkler was shocked by the capabilities they had.

"How are they-" Sparkler felt something around her neck - Dave appeared by her, "Don't worry! We'll follow the rules around here! Hahaha!"

Dave cloaked himself. Sparkler frantically searched in every direction to find him, but he was nowhere in sight, "How are they doing that!?"

"So simple! But I shall not explain that," Dave exclaimed, "But who is the one that has accepted our brother, Ron, here?" Dave asked.

"I did," Dinky announced.

"You?" Dave revealed himself on Ron's shoulder. Ron was caught off gaurd by this, and tried to smack him away, but Dave turned invisble and evaded, "Nice try, Ron!" Ron grunted and shook his head. The spies revealed themselves by Dinky, they raised her into the air, "Hey! Let me down!"

"You have such a kind heart for accepting one of us!" John said, "We shall serve you especially for kindness towards the Brotherhood!"

"Serve me?" Dinky was confused by what they meant, "What do you mean 'serve me'?" John and Dave looked at each other and widely grinned, "Your thoughts are our actions."

"You guys are going to serve me!?" Dinky was shocked as she caught the vibe.

"Yes! Say anything you want, and it shall be yours!"

"Umm...okay...? Get me a sandwich...?" John had a sandwich instantly prepared for her in his hand, "How did you do that!?" Dinky exclaimed as this was unbelievable. "Physics..." John replied. Dinky looked at Ron scared, "What are they going to do?" Ron shrugged, Dinky became more frightened, "Umm...Can you please let me down?" she kindly asked.

"Why yes, 'Queen Dinky'," John said.

"Q-Queen?!" Dinky exclaimed again.

"Yes, Queen! Do you not like to be called that?" Dave asked. Dinky frowned, but then weakly smiled at him, "Well, I guess so...? Uhh...Why not...?" Dave and John smiled, "As you wish....'Queen Dinky!' Hahaha!" The two spies let her go, and turned invisible. "Woah! Woah! You still have to obey us, too!" The Doctor said, "Just because you may be under Dinky's 'command' doesn't mean you only listen to her!"

"John, Dave, I want you too also obey my family's rules," Dinky "commanded" to maintain order. The Doctor suddenly felt something uncomfortably rubbing his chin, and Dave revealed himself, "Alright we shall also listen to 'Jerk Overlord', here." Dave patted the Doctor's chin and went invisible. The Doctor rolled his eyes at their annoying actions. Derpy giggled, and the Doctor made a stern look at her, "I'm sorry, Doctor! It's just funny!"

"Why do I have to do this?" The Doctor grumbled and face hoofed.

Derpy still giggled, but stopped when she felt something rubbing her mane, "Hey! Stop that!"

"Do not worry, 'Mom'...we shall help you in any way possible," John mischievously announced. Derpy also made a stern look at the spy—where she thought he was. The two spies uncloaked by Ron and Andy, "So, do you have any plans today? We surely can provide assistance," John said, "And don't worry...we'll behave."

"Well, I do have to make dinner, can one of you actually help...?" Derpy hesitated to ask, but she did. "Ah, Andy here can aid you in making food for your family!" John patted Andy's shoulder. Andy turned at him, and lifted his plasma cannon to beat him down, but John escaped before he had the chance, "Nnngghhh! I will kill you for this!" The Hooves family stared at him petrified. Andy noticed what he said and prepared a more "friendlier" statement, "Why of course, I shall help you Ms. Derpy," Andy hesitated, "I will obey you."

"I think it's better if you call me 'Miss Hooves'...?" Derpy couldn't think of a proper name for the members of Nod to call her, "You know what? I think you can call me that. Well, come on Andy! You said you were going to help!" Derpy hovered back inside the house, Andy clenched his hand into a face, and marched towards the house whether he liked it or not. Sparkler also entered but kept her distance from Andy, since she barely trusted him. Now, it was the Doctor and Dinky with Nod outside.

"Ron, I might have something for you to do, and as for you two!" the Doctor pointed a foreleg at the two spies, "I'm going to go to the library, and I want both of you to come with me!" John shrugged and approached him, but Dave disappeared from sight. "Ugh, Dave! Show yourself!" the Doctor shouted.

No response came. Ron also searched for the invisbe spy, the Doctor was about to shout again, but felt something heavy on his back, "What in the- eek!" Dave appeared sitting on him and raised a fist in the air, "To the library! Away!" he kicked the Doctor.

"Get off me! Get off me!" Whooves went in circles to get Dave off if him, but Dave remained sitting. John broke down laughing, Ron shook his head in disproval, and Dinky's eyes widened at the unbelievable situation, "Ron, do something!" Ron remembered how she was the "Queen" and obeyed, "As pointed..."

Ron approached the chaotic scene, and placed a hand under his chin to think. He observed the motion and speed of the Doctor, the direction he travelled in, and the result if he stopped them. Ron placed a arm just barely above the Doctors height, and waited for the result.

"Hahaha! Giddy up- Ah!"

Dave slammed his head on Ron's solid arm, and fell to the ground. Ron slightly nodded at the consequence he predicted, "Your welcome, father of Dinky." Whooves slowed himself down, and panted. "Thank you...Ron."

"And as for you!" Ron shouted.

"What are you- Urgh!"

Ron grabbed Dave by the throat and lifted him in the air, "You shall respect this family at all times! Your childish actions shall get you TERMINATED! Understand?" Dave rapidly nodded as he felt his neck being compressed, "I will! Ack! Just let me- Urgh! Go!"

Ron released him and went back to Dinky. Dave rubbed his neck - even if it was covered. The Doctor came up to Dave, and punched him in the gut, but had no affects by his armor, "Do that one more time! And I swear you'll be out of here soon!"

"Fine Fine!" Dave rolled his eyes. Whooves opened the backgate to leave, John immediately followed him with Dave muttering words. John poked his head around the gate, "Don't worry I'll hold Dave's hand!"

The gate slammed close. Ron looked down at Dinky, who looked glad the two troublemakers went away, "Well at least there gone. But I hope there's not any problems along the way."

"Dinky, I have a question to ask you," Ron announced.

"What is it?"

"Why did you appear happy or glad of my arrival, since we hardly know each other?"

Dinky sighed and looked away, she hesitated to give the answer, "It's because...I don't really have any friends...Sure, I have my family, especially my Mom, but not another pony my age. There is some ponies at my school who call themselves the 'Cutie Mark Crusaders', but they do pretty dangerous stuff, and I know my family won't like. But with you...I felt something different. You did look scary and monster-like."

Ron crossed his arms as he appeared to take it personally.

"Oh, but no offense! I think you're nice and smart. I just wanted a friend who I'll be happy with, that's all." Ron released his arms, and reached down to turn Dinky's head at him, "I understand what you mean...I also had a friend who stood with me for quite a while. Now, I'm separated from him...who knows how long I shall remain isolated." Dinky gently smiled and placed her right hoof on top of his hand, "So, can we actually be friends?"

"Why not?"

"Thanks Ron. I hope you and I will get along, and the rest of the family." Dinky looked at the window where the kitchen was in view with her mother preparing dinner and Andy who stood vigil by her side, "Do you think Andy will also be fine here?" Ron turned his head and stared at him, he knew Andy would have a difficult time to adjust to the new "life", "Maybe, but it will not be an easy task for him."

"I see...I hope everything will be okay. But Ron...? Dinky asked.

"What is it, 'Queen'?" he snickered.

"Ugh, please don't call me that! There is a Wonderbolt airshow coming this Saturday, and I wanted to know if you want to come along?" Ron's human eyes went wide as he remembered everything that unfolded earlier in the day; the Wonderbolt property destruction, Andy's ego to kill them, the actions of Ron himself becoming very devious. "Maybe...Maybe...I shall ask the others if they want to go."

"I also want to know if Dave and John are going to be unfriendly to my family?"

"Do not worry, Dinky. I'll make sure your family is respected at all times, and especially towards you."

"Thanks...Well I'm going to go inside, and it's almost getting dark." Dinky saw the sun lower in the sky, and the moon faintly emerging, "I hope the Doctor will make it back soon. But I'll come back later." Dinky trotted to the backdoor of the house and entered. Ron was left alone, he stood there thinking what he practically promised to Dinky.

I am now friends with Dinky...? This is very unexpected! My survival on this planet may be in peril! As well as my brothers, too! But she is just a mere child. How could she threaten us? But why do I feel odd about befriending Dinky? No matter...

Ron walked over to the tree in the corner of the yard, the day was getting darker, and the moon was becoming more visible. Ron looked up to it, and saw how the moon had a unicorn's head, "Strange, the planet's satellite is marked by the head of one the species here." Ron peeked his head over the fence, he looked off into the unknown world, it was very calm and no sign of any threat to disturb its tranquility. Ron smirked at the sight, but suddenly remembered an infamous object, "I wonder if the SAM Site is still operating?"

He stared in the direction where the SAM was - not a single missile flew in the air, "How unfortunate...perhaps I shall visit the SAM to check on it."

Ron lowered himself down to not be seen over the fence, but he suddenly heard a scuffling sound from the otherside. He peered over again, and saw dark figures disappear behind a tree, "Hmm...when I found out who's behind that tree I shall beat them down if they're trouble!" Ron turned around and looked at the window where he saw, Derpy, Dinky, and Andy preparing dinner, but Andy wasn't actually preparing more like handing the proper ingredients to whatever Derpy was making. Ron saw Dinky smiling has she helped her mother, even if there was a metallic stranger with them.

But Ron frowned at seeing Dinky.

"Am I now an actual friend of Dinky...?"

Author's Note:

Chameleon Derps...