• Published 4th May 2013
  • 2,263 Views, 53 Comments

Cybernetic Wanderers - Echo Derp



What happens when Dinky befriends the Brotherhood of Nod?

  • ...
15
 53
 2,263

Trouble to The Library

Trouble to The Library

The Doctor had taken the two Chameleon Spies with him to the library. Although it may be a very horrible mistake, especially to their random and uncontrollable actions, things have gone smoothly...for now. The sky was now turning into a indigo color, the beaming orange light of the sun was fading. Small, faint stars awakened from the darkness beyond the Equestrian sky.The temperature started to slowly drop to a cool level. The Doctor kept a close eye on John and Dave. In his mind he felt this was a horrible mistake, who knows what these two are capable of besides just turning invisible.

I have a bad feeling about this. I hope they don't suddenly switch on to go crazy mode! But I had to do this to keep the family safe, Whooves thought.

The street lights illuminated their surroundings to light the way. Some ponies began closing down their shops and preparing for the night. Yet some stayed outside, either sitting by tables or trotting along talking to friends. The Doctor looked back at the two spies, then back at the ponies. He wondered what they would odd or think about the foreign race that travelled along with them. John didn't mind whether he got attention or not. The only thing that he thought about was to stay on guard for anything, and watch Dave's back, too.

Dave also shared the same thoughts as John, but he felt something odd about this place. "Hey, do you think there's going to be any guards out here?" he asked.

John observed their surroundings for signs of trouble. "I don't think so. They should be gone by now. What else do they want?"

"Do you think their after Ron and Andy?" Dave asked.

"Maybe, they were likely the first ones to be spotted for obvious reasons, but then again, maybe not," John said.

The three were passing by a park filled with ponies laying down on benches or on the grass. But there was one that caught the eyes of both humans—a mint colored unicorn that sat on a park bench. The unicorn had the same posture as a human would do when it sat down, but this very strange for a pony to do.

"Why is that unicorn sitting like a human would do?" John asked.

"What do you mean?" the Doctor asked.

"That one over there." John pointed to the unicorn sitting down on the bench. The Doctor glanced over to the unicorn - it was Lyra. The Doctor eyes went small as he remembered Lyra's belief about humans. All the trouble that might cause great, unnecessary attention was there. "John, Dave, can you please use your stealth abilities?"

The two spies were confused why the Doctor requested to turn invisible. It didn't make sense, since the Doctor was frustrated at them for using their stealth capabilities on the Hooves family. "Why are you suddenly telling us to go Invisible?" John asked.

"Just don't ask questions! Can you please just turn invisible!" Whooves pleaded.

"You didn't like us going invisble, and now you're telling us to." Dave said. The Doctor looked back at Lyra, who was turning her head in their direction. The Doctor felt his heart skip a beat, and pleaded again. "Please! Just do it!" John looked at Lyra, he saw her staring at them. He saw her eyes turned wide with excitement and joy. "I-I-it's...a...human."

"I think I see why you want-"

"HUMAN!"

"Uh oh..." Whooves and Dave glanced over to the unicorn that yelled the name of John and Dave's species. The Doctor looked back and forth between the two humans and Lyra, who was galloping towards them.

"You see why! Go! Disappear now!" he shouted. John and Dave immediately understood, and cloaked themselves. The Doctor nervously smiled at Lyra as she came closer to him.

"Hello, Lyra, may I- Oohf!" He was tackled by Lyra.

"Where are they!?" Lyra exclaimed. "I know I saw Them! I know I did! They were standing next to you!"

"L-Lyra, I have no idea what your talking about!" Whooves stammered and began to sweat.

Lyra sternly stared at him. "Don't you dare lie to me! I saw them here!"

"Pppssstt! Yoohoo!" a voice called out to her.

"Huh?" Lyra turned her head at a figure that was by a tree—the figure was Dave. Lyra immediately charged to the figure that resembled human. The Doctor got back up, but was suddenly picked up by an unknown force. "Hey what's going on!?"

"Don't worry, Doc!" John said. "I'll get you out of here!"

The Doctor was nervous by a human carrying him somewhere. This is not good! I'm being taken away by a human that is insane and reckless! Please listen to me!, Whooves thought.

"Umm...John...? The library is on this street to the right."

"You got it, Doc! And by the way, you're pretty light! I thought you were going to be heavy!"

Whooves felt relief that John actually listened to what he said. John slided and ran to the right, his footsteps echoed loudly as each step pounded the grounded. Whooves saw the library up ahead. The lights were still on meaning it was open.

"John put me down here. This is the library." John put the Doctor down, and stared at a large tree that had windows, some balconies, and lights also coming front the inside. "Doc, is this the library?" John was suprised by the mysterioius structure that was combined with a tree.

"Yes, this is the library. I know this is may be out of the ordinary, but it is a library!" the Doctor said. John continued to stare in amazement, but snapped out of it for one inportant reason. "Doc, I'm going to go find Dave! Who knows what trouble he's in right now. I'll catch up to you!"

John turned on his cloaking ability and disappeared out of sight. The Doctor still felt glad that John was acting properly, and not innapropiately. "Well, I guess that's over. But now it's time to see what they have today."

The Doctor trotted over to the library, and went up the stairs. The Doctor gently knocked on the door, and waited for it to be answered. "Just a minute!" a female voice said inside. The sounds of hooves approaching grew loud as they came close. The door was opened and revealed the unicorn, Twilght Sparkle. "Oh, hello! May I help you?" she politely greeted.

"Yes, I'm here to look at some books, if you don't mind?" the Doctor smiled at her.

"Of course! Please come in!"

The Doctor entered and glanced at all the bookshelves that contained an endless collection of books. He felt lost by the vast numbers. "Hmm...So where do I start?"

"What are you exactly looking for, sir? But you look familiar from somewhere. Have I seen you before?" Twilight asked, remembering this stallion she saw a few times in Ponyville.

"I am the Doctor. I live with Derpy or Ditzy, if you recall. I am looking for a single book about magic, and I'll look for the rest," he said.

"The books about magic are over there." Twilight pointed a hoof at a bookshelf to her right. "Is there anything else you might need?"

"Oh no, thank you. I'm fine."

The Doctor proceeded to the bookshelf that Twilight directed him to. He scanned the left and right of each shelf for the right book. "Let's see here...I want a book about magic, so Dinky can learn and control properly." The Doctor spent a few minutes searching for a book, and finally found one. "Ah, this might be good. Now I nee-"

"HUMAN!" A familiar voice shouted from outside.

The Doctor heavily sighed and shook his head, uncomfortable by the commotion that would've never happened if John and Dave listened to him right away.

"What is going on out there?" Twiligh askedt, she was was surprised by the sudden shouting.

"It's Lyra...you know...'humans," the Doctor responded, trying to appear unimpressed, or having a gesture to think Lyra was crazy.

"Oh, so that's what's going on. I hope everything is fine outside."

The Doctor returned searching for books, but a sudden loud knock on the door stopped him. He gazed at the door and pleaded in his mind it wasn't Lyra. Twilight trotted to the door to answer it. She opened it and there was a surprising result: nothing was there. "Huh? Who knocked on the door?"

Twilight was confused as nothing was by the doorstep. Whooves was also confused, but suddenly realised who could've knocked on the door.

"John and Dave," he said under his breath.

Twilight stepped outside to check, and still found no one responsible. The Doctor frantically searched for the possible mischievous spies, but there was no sign of them. Until a ripple of electricity formed in front of Whooves, then another ripple.

"Hello, Doctor." Dave greeted.

"What are you doing! Hide yourself from sight!" the Doctor whispered, so he couldn't be heard by Twilight.

"Alright."

Both humans went invisble. Twilight entered back in a mere second later after they disappeared. "Strange, nopony was out there. Must be some troublemakers!" she said bluntly.

Whooves looked at Twilight, he wanted to speak with the spies when she looked away. Luckily, Twilight did glance over at another direction, and it was his chance.

"Okay, listen here!" he whispered. "Don't do anything stupid, okay!?"

"You have our word," responded John.

"I hope you do..."

The Doctor reached out for the book he spotted with his left foreleg. "I have this. Now, let's-"

"Let's go see what's upstairs!" Dave excitingly suggested.

"Yeah!" John happily replied.

The Doctor dropped the book he carried, and turned his head at the spies - where he thought they were. "Oh No! You are not-"

"Who are you talking to?" Twilight asked, seeing the Doctor speaking to nothing.

"Oh, Uhhh...nothing!" Whooves sheepishly smiled. A long awkward silence filled the whole library. "Right..." Twilight slowly backed away from him during the silence. The Doctor continued to smile, but anger and embarrassment filled him inwardly.

Wait until we get home, John and Dave!, he growled in his thoughts.

Whooves went to another bookshelf to search for a book. He chose one book, observed it, then place it back if he wasn't interested. The Doctor had about four books after about three minutes of searching.

"Twilight!" a voice shouted from upstairs.

"What is it, Spike?" Twilight shouted back.

"The place is haunted!"

Twilight facehoofed and shook her head as she considered ghosts to be nothing more than crazy superstition. "Spike, there is no such thing as ghosts!"

"Oh yes there is! Ther- help! It's got me! Let go of me!"

Twilight groaned and trotted up the stairs. "I'm sorry about this. It's just SOMEONE is acting very weird!" she said back to Doctor Whooves, who rubbed his right foreleg nervously.

"Spike, what's going on up here!?"

Whooves winced as he heard loud commotion from the floor above. "I'm telling you it's ghosts!" Spike shouted.

"No ti's not! There no such thing as ghosts!" Twilight almost retorted. "It's all your imagination!"

"They dragged me across the floor! They wan-"

"SURPRISE!" a voice yelled.

Twilight and Spike both screamed. Spike came stumbling down the stairs, and landed his face on the floor. Twilight came galloping down and bumped Spike onto her back. "You're right! It is ghosts!" she yelped. The Doctor shook his head, and approached the scared unicorn and dragon. "I'll be checking these books out...?"

Not a single response came from Spike or Twilight. Whooves groaned and called the 'ghosts' names. "John! Dave! Get out here! Now!" he yelled. The two spies appeared in front of the two ponies and the baby dragon. Twilight and Spike were shocked by two tall metal creatures standing before them. Their red visors glowing faintly.

"Hello there, Twilight and Spike." Dave spoke in a menacing tone.

"You're the ones that grabbed me?" asked Spike. "Why I oughta-"

"Do what?" John stomped his foot in front of Spike.

"Umm...What was I going to, do Twilight? Oh, I don't know!" Spike hid himself behind Twilight, as he was easily intimidated by John.

Dave walked around them and stood by the Doctor. "So, Doc...have you found all the books you need?" he asked.

The Doctor glared at them. "I have found the books I need, but I believe you owe a apology to Miss Sparkle and her assistant!"

"But why?" John questioned in a childish tone.

"You scared the living daylights out of Miss Sparkle and Spike, here!" Whooves angrily shouted.

Dave and John were caught by surprise by the sudden loud voice of the Doctor.

"Ugh, fine, we'll apologize," John groaned. "Him and I are sorry." He pointed at Dave, then at himself.

Twilight stared at them angry, but managed to keep herself calm. "Apology accepted."

Whooves trotted over to Twilight and frowned, "I'm terribly sorry, Miss Sparkle! Please forgive me for bringing them here! I only did it to keep Ditzy's family safe."

Twilight slightly smiled at him, and understood. "I see why. But what are they?" She stared at both spies, who were curiously observing the library. "Where did they come from?"

The Doctor heavily sighed and explained, "They're actually not from here. They come from another part of the galaxy." Twilight's eyes turned wide as two beings from another world stood in her library.

"T-t-they're not from our p-planet?" she stammered.

"Unfortunately...No."

Twilight made a wide grin and immediately levitated a notepad and quill to her. "Oh I must know what they know! The knowledge they might have can be endless!" Twilght exclaimed, galloping to the spies.

"Wait, Miss Sparkle!" the Doctor chased after her. "They aren't as what they seem!"

Twilight stopped in front of Dave and John. Dave was a bit creeped out at how Twilight was smiling and staring at him and John with those wide eyes.

"Uhh...Can I help you?"

"Tell me about your race, culture, planet, anything!" Twilight exclaimed.

John glanced over to Dave, then back at Twilight. "Oh gee will you look at the time!" John looked down at a imaginary watch on his wrist; he turned invisible. Twilight stared at Dave who was left alone.

"Umm...I think he needs help telling time!" Dave also went invisble.

"Hey! That's not fair!" Twilight said. "You didn't answer what I wanted to hear!"

The Doctor trotted to Twilight. "Listen, Miss Sparke, I know you're interested in these two because they're not from here, but I do need to checkout these books, since it's getting late," the Doctor said.

Twilight nodded once, and went back to the podium she had. She placed the two objects she controlled with her magic on a table. "Okay, so if you can sign here." she pointed a hoof at a certain line in a book that recorded all the dates of checked out books and returns. The Doctor signed his signature on the paper.

"Well, we better be off now. John, Dave, you're going to help me carry these books!" he said.

The books the Doctor had suddenly floated in the air. The two humans revealed themselves. "Alright, we're waiting for you, Doc." Dave said. Whooves trotted out the door, and waited for the spies to exit out first. John and Dave passed by him, the Doctor smiled at Twilight. "Farewell, Miss Sparkle."

"Please, just call me Twilight." she smiled back.

Whooves closed the door, and trotted to Dave.

"What were you thinking!?" Whooves shouted annoyed. "You were actually behaving! And then you went insane on me! You embarrassed me in front of the librarian!"

"Listen, Doc, I know you're mad at us, but why can't you have fun once in a while?" John asked.

The Doctor became irritated in the inside, his frustration growing. "Because, I have very important tasks to do! They are very consequential if I don't accomplish them!"

"Okay, okay, okay. We understand," Dave said.

The Doctor looked away, the humans ignored him. The plaza was in sight. Most of the ponies that were there before were now gone. The sky had transformed into the dark, starry sky. The moon was above their heads, the streets were left abandoned for the night. The footsteps of both species echoed as each step greeted the ground.

"Hey, Doc, who was the unicorn that chased me?" Dave asked. "It was kind of wierd."

"That was Lyra Heartstrings... She somehow knows your species, and talks about them all the time. Most ponies think she's crazy," Whooves explained.

"Whoa, if this planet has no humans how does she know about us?" John asked.

"That's the thing. No one knows how she even thought about humans. But I suggest you stay away from her and anyone else." The Doctor actually regarded for their own safety. Dave observed the books the Doctor had chosen. Unfortunatley the writing was completely different - so he wasn't able to understand the titles or words. John looked up to the moon, seeing the head of a unicorn marked on it.

This is place is getting weirder and weirder, he thought.

The Doctor remained quiet as they made their way back to home. He ha demand thoughts and concerns over the new viaotrs that were currently residing in his home. But there was something else bothering him. Something very important.

This doesn't feel right... I feel I forgot something... Something very crucial. What could it be? Ron? No, I kind of trust him for now, but what is it? Andy? No, Ditzy is a strong mare she could handle him. What is it!?, Whooves thought.

The Doctor kept on thinking, but he noticed the Ponyville clock tower - the time it displayed was "11: 20 P.M." The telling of time immediately reminded him what was vital.

Uh oh... Derpy is not going to be happy that I missed dinner and came back late!

-------

The trio were now in front of the Hooves residents. The lights inside were off, dead silence occupied the entire front yard. Dave yawned, then John. John stretched his arms, and slightly hunched over. "Listen, Doc, you don't have to offer us a bed or couch inside. We'll just fall asleep with Ron in the back." He handed Dave the library books.

The Doctor was about to offer him the chance to stay inside, but then somewhat agreed to what John said. "Well, if you want that then go ahead. But you could stay inside."

"No, that's okay. See ya tommorow, Doc." John said, as he went around the house, and headed for the back. The Doctor felt guilty as the human went to rest for the night in the back yard. He shook his head, and proceeded to the front door, with Dave following along. He opened it, the door made a slight creaking sound, but went quiet after it stopped moving.

"Dave, you can put the books over there." The Doctor pointed a hoof at a small table in the living room, that was visible by the light outside.

Dave complied and went to the table, then placed the books on the table. "Well, Doc, I'm off. See you in the morning." Dave exited without a sound. The Doctor closed the door after Dave left. The living was completely dark, everything was camoflauge in the darkness. The moon light that casted through the windows outlined some objects, like the couches or picture frames.

"I hope Ditzy won't be upset that I-"

A lamp was clicked on, the whole living room was illuminated. Ditzy was sitting in the Doctor's couch chair, and Andy was at her side, appearing like her own personal guard. The Doctor nervously waved a hoof and smiled at her. Ditzy was in a white robe, she made a stern look at him. "Doctor... We have a few things to talk about."

"Umm... W-what are y-you doing up this late, D-Ditzy?" Whooves stammered.

Derpy stern look turned into a enraged look. The Doctor could've sworn he heard Derpy growl like a vicious beast would do. But then Ditzy's expression suddenly turned sweet and gentle, she glided over to the Doctor. "Did you really think I was going to be mad at you?" She giggled.

The Doctor smile in relief that he wasn't in trouble. "Derpy, I thought you were furious at me!"

"No, why would I be mad at you? I would never do that!" She hugged him around his neck. The Doctor turned red on his muzzle, feeling the cuddles of Ditzy.

"Come on, sit down on your favorite chair!" Derpy led him to the chair where she was sitting before. The Doctor sat down, and yawned as he felt his tired body preparing to rest. But at the same time he was bothered by Andy standing right next to him, not knowing if he was asleep or awake and actually staring at him. "Umm... Derpy...? Why is he here?"

"Oh, that's where he's going to stay. I couldn't find another spot to put him." Derpy explained.

"Ohhh...weird."

"That's okay! He's asleep!" Derpy hugged him again by the neck. "Just rest for now!" She said in a gentle voice.

The Doctor slowly closed his eyes, the presence of Andy was also going away, all the troubles faded away form his mind. He was about to fall asleep.

"GET HIM!" Ditzy said in a menacing voice.

The Doctor shot his eyes open, and he felt a cold, metal hand snatch him by the neck. Ditzy had actually fooled Whooves to make him believe Andy was sleeping. The Doctor tried to move, but couldn't escape the cyborg's grasp. Derpy came muzzle to muzzle with Whooves, and narrowed her eyes down on him.

"You didn't tell me where you went, you skipped dinner with the family, and now you show up here late in the night... You've got something coming sunshine," Derpy huffed. The Doctor was starting to sweat. He saw his own reflection on Andy's dome visor.

"Hehehe...oh dear. Ditzy can you, uhh, tell Andy here to let me go."

The Doctor felt Andy tightly squeezing his throat. Derpy crossed her forelgs, and shook her head. "Nope..."

Whooves gulped and started to shiver by the nervousness. But then he felt Derpy give him another big hug.

"It's okay... Nothing bad is going to happen. You're safe... Andy you know what to do!" Derpy menacingly said again.

"I obey, Miss Hooves," Andy stated. "Prepare for decimation."

Derpy glided over to the staircase, and looked back at the Doctor. "Well, I'm going to bed, Doctor. I hope you sleep well with Andy tonight!" She giggled as she flew up the stairs, and into her room. The Doctor glanced over to Andy, he could've sworn again he heard him let out a small evil laugh. The lamp was suddenly clicked off. Darkness surrounded all.

"Hehehaha! Come here!"

"NOOOO!"

Author's Note:

Don't worry the Doc will be fine...