• Published 4th May 2013
  • 2,266 Views, 53 Comments

Cybernetic Wanderers - Echo Derp



What happens when Dinky befriends the Brotherhood of Nod?

  • ...
15
 53
 2,266

Lost and Discovered

Lost and Discovered

Ron barely escaped from being seen by the adult male horse. He was now by himself recovering in a clearing of a forest that he did not recognize, or even the part of the world he was in. Ron looked up to the great blue sky, and gathered data off it's contents.

***...Scanning...Standby...***

***...Tiberium Gas Level: 0%...***

***...Ion Particle Activity: 0%...***

***...Theat Level: 0%...***

Ron was surprised by the readings he was receiving. No signs of any Tiberium activity in the atmosphere, but then he looked to the ground at the green grass he stood on. Usually where he was there was no grass, but just the dirt floor and the Tiberium that thrived in it. He scanned the grass to make sure if it was Tiberium infected or it was just plain grass.

***...Scanning...Standby...***

***1010101...***...1010101...***

***...Tiberium Conatmination: 0%...***

***...Scanners do not detect any Tiberium Contamination within area, or further regions...***

***...This unit is a source of Tiberium origin...***

***...1010101...***...1010101...***

***...Clear to proceed...***

Ron acknowledged the data, and proceeded deeper into the unknown forest. All the natural life was seemingly not marred by the powerful crystal. The echoes of birds chirping rang out through the forests, the small forest critters ran away from him as he continued his undesignated journey. Rays of sunlight came through the openings of the tree canopies above, and floated in the air. Ron wondered on his human side if he was alone, or if any other Brotherhood of Nod members were nearby, but his machine side told him to regroup with them.

Ron continued thinking for the answers he wished to seek. But he realized something was wrong in the area around him; the birds suddenly stopped chirping. He knew there was something nearby that could've caused this, and he lowered his upper body down to reduce any visibility on himself. Ron activated the same the motion sensors he was equipped while he was on standby. The sensors were taking their time to upload data to his head.

***...Scanning...Searching...Uploading...***

***...1010101...***...1010101...***

***...No contacts detected near this unit...***

The sensors only detected the forest critters moving rapidly from him. But they weren't detected as a highly threatening unit.

***...Extending scanning range...Standby...***

***...No signs of any hostile contacts that threaten this uni-...***

***.../_!_\...Warning!...Warning!.../_!_\...***

***...Unknown contact classified at a Lv.2 threat level...***

***.../_!_\...Proceed with Caution.../_!_\...***

"Level two?" Ron was confused why his sensors detected a threat at such level. "That is usually a GDI Disc Thrower, but what else can be that dangerous as a trained GDI soldier?"

He observed the red, upside down triangle in his mechanical eyes as it approached him from behind. Ron realized this, and turned around aiming his chain gun and his targeting crosshairs aligned with his eyesight. But there was nothing. The triangle kept on closing in on his position. "What the?" he asked, confused

The threat then passed over him, and continued more into the forest. Ron then rotated around in the direction the anamoly went, he went back to his sensors to check for malfunction. The maintenance report came back, stated no damage or malfunction in the sensors. Ron saw the option "Altitude" in his left eye that was connected to the sensors. He selected the option and the sensors checked the unknown contact's altitude.

***...Scanning...Standby...***

***...5ft...9ft...15ft...20ft...28ft...***

Ron's human eyes widened as the numbers increased to exact the anamoly's altitude.

***...35ft...64ft...75ft...89ft...***

"How far do you go into the sky?" Ron asked himself as the altitude went higher up.

***...95ft...108ft...125ft...Standby...***

***...Sensors have detected the altitude of the threat is at 145ft...***

***...Directing coordinates to contact...Standby...***

The computers dwelled in Ron displayed a red arrow to the direction of the disturbance. Ron persued the arrow to meet this unrecognized threat. While he was enroute to the location, his rage escalated in him if it was GDI. But he also thought back to his encounter with the small female unicorn. He wondered if his mechanical or human eyes betrayed him for the he saw unicorn was not suppost to be true or alive. Ron went through his databases, and selected the option to playback any video feed that was recorded all the time.

He rewinded all the way back to the encounter, and stopped exactly on the unicorn. Ron closely observed the image, and questioned if it was real or not. "This cannot be true. This horse is mythology and never existed... then why does it exist then?" Ron then searched the databases that contained info and history about almost anything on Earth. He searched "Unicorn" in one file; it displayed information on this creature.

***...A Unicorn is a mythical creature that displays a horn on the cen-akksi*{|^!|...***

***.../_!_\...Data is damaged in this file...***

***...Repairs are in progress.../_!_\...7%...15%...***

"How 'useful' you are," Ron groaned.

Ron continued his journey to the destination he was assigned to go.The birds begun to sing again after the threat passed by. A bright light was head, meaning it was the exit out of the forest. Ron checked his six o'clock to make sure he wasn't being followed by a unwanting persuer, only the path of the forest was trailing behind him. Ron came forth from the forest, and encountered the wide open world. The green valleys covered these vast lands, large mountains rose tall behind these valleys, but between these two was a sea of clouds that covered all.

Ron was now amazed by the appearance of the nature in these strange parts of the world. The sensor suddenly notified him, and he observed the readings.

***...Sensors indicate this unit is now few meters away from target...***

"Now where are you?" Ron had a menacing grin under his faceplate. "Where do you dare hide?"

He checked the sensors, and displayed the contact above a mountain that towered all the way up beyond anything in this region. Ron turned his to to the sky, and noticed very odd cloud formations. They appeared to be formed or structured in a organized manner; unlike most clouds are randomly shaped and sized. Ron turned his head down at the base of the looming the mountain and begun to approach it. "Your fate is at hand whoever you are..."

*******

"Uuuugggghhhh....."

In the bushes that were planted at the highest point of this mountain that was flat, laid a awakening GDI Jump Jet Trooper that was also sent mysteriously to this unfamiliar world. "Uuugghhhh.... what happened?" The trooper opened his eyes under his helmet. The sunlight was penetrating the leaf-covered branches of a tree that stood right next to him. He didn't get up like most people would, but rather look to his left and right noticing he was surrounded by bushes. "Where am I?"

Disorientation, a painful headache and hazy vision clouded his actions to perfrom correctly, and suffered getting up. The trooper tried to raise himself but fell backwards, then again he tried but failed. "Dammit!" He gathered all his strength, and raised up again, and succeeded. The trooper had a unfortunate loss of balance and slammed into the tree. "Uuugghh... What happened to me? Did Nod or GDI put me under the influence!"

His vision slowly returned with his balance, but the headache was still in affect. The trooper looked down at his wrist computer he had on his left, and checked the conditions of his jet pack and ammunition.

*** Fuel: 100% ***

*** Ammunition: 900 bullets remaining ***

"I guess I should thank that Ion Storm for saving my fuel tank. But where is everybody?"

The trooper checked his surroundings for any signs of his fellow GDI members, but no one was in sight. The trimmed grass and hedges were the only things that were visible. And also statues that resembled a pegasus that had goggles in a position where it appeared to be going at high speeds. The trooper suspiciously observed these objects, and carefully stepped out of the vegetation. "I better not be in Nod territory and this is one of their crazed places of chaos."

The trooper noticed he was on a flat mountain top, and clouds were closely floating by the edge, and some very massive in size. But the most that was most intriguing to him was how they were a bright-white color, rather than the dark, gloomy ones he would see everyday. "Now when did clouds look that great or normal?"

"So when are we going to perform next?" a unknown voice asked.

"I don't know, but I think it's in Ponyville," another voice said

"I hope we don't get trampled over by the fans!"

"Ha! I got a bad feeling about that!"

The trooper crouched back into the bushes, and poked his head above the edge. He scanned his left, then his right, for the source of those voices. "Who's talking? And 'Ponyville'? Hehehe... funny." The trooper suddenly spotted two horses walking right into his sight. But they were awfully strange: They were in some sort of suit, goggles were on top of their heads, a marking was in the back of them, and they had actually had wings. "WHAT THE HELL?" the trooper was shocked by the extraordinary sight. "I've still got to be affected by this headache! They can't exist! It's all fake!"

"Did you hear something?" one of the pegasi asked.

"No, but we have to go perform soon," replied the other pegasus.

The two took off, leaving the dumbfounded GDI trooper behind. "What did I just witness?" The trooper stepped out of the bushes again, and stared at the two pegasi flying away. "Oh, yeah... Nod must've captured me and injected me with some sort of Tiberium drug. But I need to get out of here and find the nearest GDI base around here!"

He approached the edge, and looked down below at the long drop down. "Okay... better not mess up here." The trooper checked everything was functioning correctly, then he was about to turn on his jet pack when a voice suddenly called out from behind. "Hey, you!" The trooper felt his heart pounding against his armor, as he slowly turned around to see whoever was behind him. He realized it was a pegasus that was in the exact suit as the other ones. "This is Wonderbolt property! And I believe you don't have any clearance to be here," the pegasus stated.

The trooper had a mischievous smile as he was about to jump off the edge to freedom. The pegasus stared at him with beady eyes, and a unfriendly expression. The trooper waved at the pegasus in departure as he turned around to jump off, he turned around but was surprised to see three of those pegasi that we're in the same suits floating in front of him. "Oh crap...."

"Explain who you are or what you are?" one of them asked.

"Whoa, what type of uniform is it wearing or things it has on?" asked another pegasus

The trooper felt like blasting all of them with his chain gun but he knew he couldn't do that since he was GDI. They all started to close in on him, diminishing the space between him. The trooper frantically thought of a way out of this situation, and came up with a idea: communicate with them. "Whoa! Whoa! There's no need to gang up on me!"

All four pegasi stopped, and had expressions of surprisement. "Let's talk this out rather than kill ourselves, okay?"

They nodded their heads once, and began to communicate with this "thing".

"So, who are you?" the pegaus that stood on the mountain top with him asked. The trooper thought about whether he should give out his actual identity. Should I tell them my name? No! But they seem kind of friendly. I can't tell them my name for my own safety! I'll make up one up! Let's see here... Uhm.... Ooh, I got it...!

"My name is Mammoth, GDI, Jump Jet Squad D twenty-five," he explained

"Kind of weird for a name, but my name is Spitfire," the same pegasus said that was standing in front of him.

"Weird," Mammoth said under his breath. "But Spitfire? Do you mind introducing me to your friends here?"

"Sure," Sptifire replied, pointing a hoof at her Wonderbolt friends. "That's Soarin', Blaze, and Misty Fly."

"That helps, but... where is the nearest GDI base here?" Mammoth asked.

All four pegasi stared at each him confused. "Uh, what's 'GDI' ?" Blaze asked

Mammoth facepalmed his helmet, tinted visor at a ridiculous question that he wished not to hear. "You know, Global Defense Initiative. The good guys! Stopping the mad forces of the Brotherhood of Nod!"

Blaze shrugged at the question, and Mammoth began to mumble words from his mouth. The three Wonderbolts floating in the air landed next to Mammoth as his temper rose. "Hey you alright?" Soarin' asked.

Mammoth turned his head around having a cold stare under his helmet. "Yeah, I'm fine. But where am I?"

"You're in Equestria. I believe you're not from here?" asked Misty Fly

"No, I'm not. But do you know what continent or country I'm in, or when did you guys exist?" Mammoth asked in hopes they had the correct answer. But no, they all shook their heads in disapproval of the answer. "Great! Just great! I have no idea where I am! And we're still at war with Nod!"

The four Wonderbolts watched Mammoth as he flailed about over the unknown names and terms he said. Spitfire decided to intervene with Mammoth to cool down his anger. "Hey, don't worry. You'll find a way back home soon."

Mammoth calmed down a bit, and turned around at Spitfire. "You're right. There might be a way back home, but-" A noise was heard down the mountain. Mammoth walked towards the edge, and looked down to see what it was. His heart skipped a beat when he realized it was the Cyborg Reaper that killed his squad before he appeared in Equestria.

The Reaper climbed up the rock wall below, and upon a flat section of the mountain. Mammoth turned around to explain the horrifying threat to the four pegasi. "We've got to hide, now!" The four pegasi were confused why Mammoth was ordering them to hide. "Why do you want us to hide?" asked Soarin'.

"I mean it! We've got to get out of here!" Mammoth exclaimed.

"Seriously, what has gone into you!" Spitfire replied back in a annoyed tone.

"If you want to live just do what I say!" Mammoth yelled back

The four Wonderbolts decided to follow Mammoth's orders. "Okay... we'll hide," said Blaze. Mammoth ran back into the bushes where he was before, and got low as possible to avoid being seen. The four pegasi also hid with Mammoth to follow this "game" they believed he was doing. Mammoth checked above the bushes, and saw the Reaper climb onto the mountain level they were on. It stood there looking in all directions, as if it lost something. "Oh crap! It's here!"

"What's here?" asked Soarin'.

"That is..." Mammoth pointed out.

Soarin' too checked, and was shocked to see a metallic spider-like monster standing by one of the statues. "What in Celestia's name is that thing!?"

"That is your worst nightmare you could ever have. It will murder you in the most brutallic ways as possible," Mammoth explained. Soarin' gulped at the disturbing explanation, Blaze turned slightly pale, and Spitfire and Misty Fly felt themselves shaking. The Cyborg Reaper approached a statue, and circled around the it observing closely. Then, it headed towards the edge, and stared off into the distance. A pegasus flew by at high speed with the Reaper tracking its movement.

"Who's flying out there?" Mammoth asked, concerned for the safety of the pegasus.

"I think that's Fire Streak," said Blaze.

"Dammit! He's going to get himself killed!" Mammoth groaned

The Cyborg Reaper observed this Wonderbolt until it disappeared into a large cloud. The Reaper shifted its attention away back to the terrain it was on, it stood there gazing to its left and right. The pegasus that was called Fire Streak reappeared from the cloud, and landed ten away from the metallic demon. Mammoth felt his heart racing as the Wonderbolt approaches the Reaper. "Uh... Hello?" Fire Streak asked in a kindly manner. The Cyborg Reaper rotated around, and loomed over him.

"You!" The Reaper appeared irritated. "Tell me the location of this unit!"

"Well, geez! You could've asked nicely! You're in Equestria," Fire Streak explained, but was also surprised by the voice it spoke in. "And what are you?"

The Reaper pointed his gattling gun at the Wonderbolt and the targeting crosshairs on him too. "You will not question this unit's background! You shall only answer questions that you are given to!"

"Okay! Okay! Just don't do whatever you're going to do," Fire Streak yelped.

"Why do you exist?" asked the Cyborg Reaper. "What part of Earth is this unit on?"

Fire Streak was dumbstruck by such shocking questions. "What's Earth? Because you're in Equestria. And pegasi have always existed, we've never gone extinct or such."

"This unit is not on Earth? How unfortunate... no matter! Your race was never meant to exist or be true. You're all mythology," The Cyborg Reaper explained.

"That's insane!" Fire Streak was dumbfounded by these words the walking, spider-machine that he considered it was. "We do exist! But I see your not from here or likely from this world."

The Reaper turned around, and looked down at the grass floor. He was confused, and trying to find a way through these difficult moments. The Cyborg Reaper perked his head up back, and turned around again at the Wonderbolt. "What is your name?"

"Fire Streak... but what is yours?" asked Fire Streak approaching more closer. "It will be better if I knew."

"What did I say over this unit's background information!" The Reaper looming over him; Fire Streak nervously backed away from the machine. Fire Streak fell backwards when the Cyborg Reaper got too close him, and he tried to crawl away from the Reaper. Ron remebered how the pegasus looked exactly like the GDI trooper who tried to crawl away from him. "Why do you cowardly crawl away? You only meet your doom faster that way."

"W-what!" Fire Streak squawked at the shocking explanation. "You're not going to!"

"Nothing stops your end."

Ron lifted his right, mechanical spider leg upwards and placed his left in front of the Wonderbolt to stop his movement. Ron flipped him onto his back, and positioned his right leg over Fire Streak. "Please! We'll provide anything you need!" Firestreak yelped trying to satisfy the machine. "Just please don't do this! I have a family to take care of!"

"You said that your species is in a large number and thriving... they will find someone to replace you," Ron coldly stated.

"No, Please!"

"Prepare for decimation..."

"Hey, ugly! Over here!" a voice shouted at him.

Ron turned his head at the direction of the voice, and discovered it was a GDI Jump Jet trooper. Mammoth aimed his chain gun at Ron and pulled the trigger. The four Wonderbolts watched in amazement as this device Mammoth had under his right forearm came alive. The gun spewed multiple bullets at the Reaper, but they simply deflected off his tough armor. Mammoth realized his weapon had no affect, and saw the Reaper point its gattling gun at him.

"You, GDI, are nothing but arrogant children that forsake the Prophet. Your actions will get your 'friends' exterminated," stated Ron.

"You're the one that's going to get your self killed by me and the... uhm... what were you guys called again?" Mammoth asked, looking at Spitfire who was low in the bushes.

"Wonderbolts...!" whispered Spitfire.

"So... yeah! Me and the Wonderbolts are going to kick your as-... wait a minute? Uh... torso?" Mammoth confusedly asked

"Just how GDI sounds: pathetic. You will be begging for mercy when this is over. And confront me you cowards who dare hide in the natural vegetation. You too shall be judged whether to live or not," Ron threatened.

The Wonderbotls hidden in the brush came forth to confront Ron. They gathered around Mammoth and slid their googles on, determined to stop this mechanical monster. Ron lifted his second missile launcher to add a greater punch to his adversaries. The targeting crosshairs positioned on all five of them; turning from white to red. He then suddenly twitched his head by a sudden shock he felt within him. "You dare attack me? How pathetic!"

"Wonderbolts go!" Mammoth vigorously ordered, the Wonderbolts and himself flew into the air.

Ron fired his missile and gattling gun. Thanks to their elite training the Wonderbolts dodged the projectiles. Mammoth felt the missiles and heavy caliber bullets go by him more commonly since he was the likely target for the Cyborg Reaper. Soarin' came around Ron, and was about to kick this monster at high speed. Soarin' slammed a kick into the monster, but the massive pain from the impact immediately took its toll on his hindleg. "Ow! Ow! Ow!"

Ron turned around at Soarin', and had a unimpressed look under his faceplate. He lifted his left arm in the air and smacked it down on Soarin'. The cybernetic strength Ron had was strong enough to slam Soarin'' to the grass floor and create a hole that resembled his body figure. "Uuuggghhh...."

"Soarin'!" shouted Blaze

"You amuse me," said Ron, with a evil smirk.

Blaze came around and charged at full speed towards Ron. Blaze felt the rush of wind screeching in her ears and her body was pumped with adrenaline. Ron was right in the path of her bull charge, but oddly he had his arms on his metallic thorax. Blaze saw a printed logo on his chest that depicted a scorpion's tail. The logo got closer and closer until...WHAM! Blaze slammed into Ron, but she laid there flattened against him and slowly slid off. Ron wiped off the few saliva trails off his chest.

"Remeber, Wonderbolt, you are as weak as the rest of your race," said Ron, aiming to break their morale.

"That's it your dead!" Mammoth yelled from behind.

Ron turned around to deal with the pesky GDI trooper, but was tackled to the head by Mammoth. Ron felt the trooper hanging on to him but felt that he caused no damage to him. Ron stood there without moving a metallic limb as the trooper thrashed all over his head. Ron simply raised his right arm and grabbed Mammoth's throat by brute force. Mammoth wrapped hands around Ron's arm to remove himself from him but it was no use against Ron's cybernetic strength. "Gggahhh!...let...g-go...gugh! Of me...!"

Ron tightly squeezed his grip on Mammoths throat; blocking the air passage way for precious oxygen. Ron was displeased as this GDI trooper tried to escape the enivitable. Mammoth's actions got slower as the lack of oxygen escalated to a dangerous level. His vision was becoming hazy, his limbs didn't respond to him, his mind couldn't think clearly. Mammoth fell unconscious in the Reaper's grip. Ron scanned him for any signs if he was still breathing or not, and the results stated that he wasn't but barely.

"Muhahahaha! You've failed GDI!" Ron laughed maniacally.

Ron threw the unconscious trooper to the side, and concentrated on the few remaining awake Wonderbolts. But there was something wrong-none of them were in sight. The Wonderbolt that slammed into him was gone, the one he smacked down to the ground had also dissapeared, and Fire Streak was also missing. "Nnngghhh! Ron felt the rage growing within him but he twitched again. "We shall meet again Wonderbolts... you shall soon listen to the screams of your own extinction..."

Ron withdrew from the area, and headed towars the edge of the mountain top he was on. He planted a mechanical, spider leg on the steep rock wall, then another until all four were planted well. Ron took steps forward down the mountain; the area cracking wherever he stepped on. Multiple shadows flew over Ron' and he looked up at the disturbance: multiple pegasi were flying to the mountain top he was on. Ron had a scowfull look on his human face at the sight.

"They dare attack me, and they shall perish if I get the chance to kill them!" he threatened.

Ron reached the lower levels of the mountains, and made it upon another flat section of the mountain. He scanned these unknown lands for any signs of Nod. Ron continued to scan but the slightest signs of Nod were very scarce, he then looked back up the mountain to make sure he wasn't followed. It appeared clear, but something caught his eyes. A hair of something that matched the colors of a rainbow was poking above an edge of another section of the mountain.

Ron went through his weaponry and selected: "Capturing Nets". He aimed his crosshairs on the rainbow-hair while his legs proceeded him down the mountain. The rainbow object didn't move but then it did. Ron fired a net at the target and had a direct impact on it. Ron saw whoever was caught in the trap was thrashing around trying to brake loose.

"Hey! Get me out of this thing! I'm not afraid of you!" the voice of the victim shouted.

Ron turned around, continued his wandering journey into this world. The yells and threats of the thing that was caught in the nets continued to blabber and threaten him. But Ron only menacingly grinned under his faceplate. He looked ahead to the valley that was far; he felt that he might discover something there that mighty benefit him or locate Nod anywhere. Ron came upon a edge, and looked down at a dirt path down below. A family of unicorns was happily passing by without them noticing the killing machine.

The family was only of four. A light-green stallion with a dark brown mane and golden eyes, a mare who's coat color was dark light-blue and a violet-blue mane with orange eyes. There was also a small colt and filly among them. The colt was a spitting image of his father and the filly had a combination of both parents traits. Ron observed this family as they continued down the road, placing the targeting crosshairs on them if they discovered him.

"Dad! Dad! What are we going to find out here?" asked excitingly the colt.

"We'll find some amazing things, son," replied the father.

"Are we going to find a monster out here, Dad?" the filly asked frightened.

"Don't worry, Flower, there's nothing out here that's scary," said the mother.

The family disappeared into a forest where the path led. Ron pulled his attention away from then, and turned to his left to continue his journey. He stared at the valley while walking, not taking eyes off the natural landscape. BUMP! "Huh?" Ron felt that he bumped into something large and metallic, he looked down and realized it was a SAM Site. Ron remembered the words of the Nod soldier he heard back at base: We also had a SAM Site out there, and it too dissapeared...!

The SAM was lowered down pointing at the ground. Ron felt glad that at least he wasn't the only Brotherhood of Nod "material" on this world. He circled around to the back an opened up the panel it had. The display showed the Sam was inoperable due to the lack of electrical power. "Perhaps I can rewire it." said Ron

Ron began manipulating the SAM Site to bring it back online, but he pointed out a finger, and a spark of electricity came from it, and onto the wires that were contained in the SAM. Ron removed his finger, and closed the panel; the Sam slowly lifted upwards towards the beautiful blue sky. Ron felt a smirk on his face, and proceeded towards the valley he planned to go to. The Sam stood there by itself rotating in different directions scanning for hostile air threats.

Ron suddenly heard the SAM fire its missiles into the air. The sounds of the missiles were echoing throughout the area. Seconds went by until BOOM! The sound of an explosion in the air. Ron formed a evil grin as the explosion was loudly heard.

"Hehehehaha! The first victim of Nod on this world! Kane would be pleased..."

Author's Note:

The GDI side of the story. Wonderbolts versus a special Cyborg Reaper... you don't see that everyday! GDI soldier trying to keep his identity a secret, yeah. Sam Sites: Your best anti-air friend you could ever have! Poor Dash caught in a Cyborg Reaper's nets.