• Published 4th May 2013
  • 2,263 Views, 53 Comments

Cybernetic Wanderers - Echo Derp



What happens when Dinky befriends the Brotherhood of Nod?

  • ...
15
 53
 2,263

Can He Stay?

Can He Stay?

A orange glow began to grow from the horizon, the clouds of the night begun to lose their shades of darkness and change to a bright color as well. The glow turned to a light, and crept along the vast lands of Equestria, the morning light eventually reached to the awakening town of Ponyville. There inside her home; Dinky was asleep in her bed, the rays of light came through her bedroom window and brightened her room vividly. Dinky slowly opened her golden eyes as morning shined upon her, she let out a yawn and raised herself out of bed stretching her forelegs in the air. Dinky stared outside her window to see the bright sun slowly rise from the horizon.

Dinky got out of her bed, and made her way towards the door, not a single sound was heard in the house. She exited her bedroom and saw Sparkler's room was closed but her mother's room-the one she shared with the Doctor-was open but was dark. Dinky walked to their room and checked the inside. Her mother was still asleep in the bed, but the Doctor was gone, Dinky turned away and went down the stairway. The living room was unoccupied by anypony, Dinky wondered where the Doctor could have gone to, "I wonder where he is?"

"Good morning, Dinky," The Doctor greeted.

"Huh? Oh, Good morning, Doctor!" Dinky realized he was sitting in his couch chair. "I was wondering where you went."

"Oh, I've been simply here reading the newspaper for about fifteen minutes," he said.

"What time did you and my mom get back from dinner?" Dinky asked curiously.

"We returned really late, the restaurant was very busy that night since that famous DJ was nearby," Whooves explained.

"Wow, you two must have been really tired from last night?"

"Your mother was but I'm still fine."

Dinky felt her stomach grumble loudly, she blushed at the embarrassing moment infront of the Doctor. "I guess my stomach is telling me to feed it."

"Haha, I guess it's time to find you some breakfast," The Doctor said, getting out of his chair and heading towards the kitchen. "Let's see what we have for breakfast."

Dinky followed him after he entered the kitchen, the Doctor searched through different cabinets to find a breakfast meal. While he was going through the cabinets, Dinky realized that she told Ron to meet her at her home at morning, she galloped back at the stairs to her room to see if her barely known accuaintice was approaching the house. Dinky checked outside through her bedroom window; Ron was nowhere in sight, but just the backyard and the area beyond it. Great, he still hasn't arrived yet...

"Dinky, I found some waffles to eat!" The Doctor notified from down the stairs.

Dinky left the window and exited the room, Dinky heard her mother yawn and she quickly went to meet her. She entered and saw her mother awakening from her sleep, Dinky jumped on the bed and pulled her into a hug. "Good morning, Mom!"

"And why are you awake early this early?" Derpy tiredly asked.

"Because I got a good night sleep and you didn't," Dinky mischievously reminded.

"How did you-did the Doctor tell you everything?"

"Yeah, he's awake right now, he's downstairs," Dinky explained.

"Him and his mouth... Well let's just go downstairs."

Dinky got off the bed and awaited her mother by the doorway in a gleeful manner, but suddenly a strange sound came to her filly ears. Dinky's smile faded, her expression turned to a confused look. The disturbance made a echoing, humming and wind-like wobbling sound. Dinky turned around to see what it was, but there nothing in sight. "Uhh... Mom? Did you just hear that?"

"I didn't hear anything, did you hear something?" asked Derpy.

"Yeah, it sounded like... Nevermind, it was probably my imagination," said Dinky, forgetting the sound.

Dinky followed her mother down the stairway and into the kitchen. The Doctor had prepared their breakfast on the kitchen table, Dinky smiled at the delightful sight, Whooves grabbed his coffee cup and left the kitchen. "...Enjoy!" Dinky took a seat on the stool, the sweet smell of waffles came to her nose, she was about to take the first bite, but the plate suddenly slid to the side. She rubbed here eyes to make sure she wasn't imagining it, then she tried to take another bite out of it; the plate slid out of her bite again. Dinky was shocked to see her breakfast maneuver by itself, and she was getting very frightened. "Mom, is the house haunted?"

"Oh how silly you are, there's are no ghosts in this house," said Derpy.

Dinky looked down at her plate again, it stood there like any porcelain would do on a table; lay flat until moved. Dinky placed her right foreleg over her breakfast to see if it would move again; the plate remained in plate, she then used her magic to levitate the plate and bring to her. Dinky had a devious smile as she though she outsmarted the unknown force that tricked her. Her breakfast came to a halt in mid-air when Dinky felt something grab her plate, she used all her strength to pull it towards her, but the strange cause was beating her by its strength. Dinky was starting to sweat as it became difficult to overcome the powerful challenger, she suddenly thought of an idea, and let go of her breakfast; the plate flew off the table and onto the floor.

"Oof!" a voice said when there was a loud thud against the wall.

Dinky eyes went wide when she heard the voice against the wall. "Mom! There's ghosts in the house!"

Derpy turned around at her daughter and stared at her in a strange manner. "Dinky, there are no ghosts in this house, it's just your imagination, and why is your food on the floor?"

"Because a ghost tried to take it away from me! I had to fight for it!" Dinky yelped.

"How silly you are being today, well let me get you a new one."

Dinky crossed her forelegs in defeat, and stared down at the table in a frustrated way, she took her attention away from the table, and looked towards the Doctor who was on his chair reading the newspaper, his coffee cup was on a small table at his side, but the coffee cup suddenly lifted in the air. Dinky's left eye twitched, then the cup tilted downwards and poured out the warm coffee on top of the Doctor. Dinky was about to get out of her chair and charge to save him, but the coffee mysteriously dissapeared in mid-air, as if something was actually drinking it. The cup was placed gently back onto the table without Whooves noticing.

Dinky stared at both the Doctor and the cup in complete dumbfoundness. Derpy placed another plate that had another waffle infront of Dinky with a smile. "Don't drop this one."

Dinky turned her head away, and stared down at her fresh plate of food, she took a quick bite before anything else strange happened. Dinky quickly chewed her food and took another bite as fast as she could; her breakfast was gone in four large bites. Dinky was glad that she finished her food, but was still anxious over the unknown force. Dinky got out of her chair, and cautiously approached the living room, but there was not a single sign of the paranormal force. Suddenly, the same strange sound came to her ears, Whooves lowered his newspaper down and was looking in different directions of the room.

"Did you just hear that right now?" asked Whooves

"It's a ghost! I'm being serious!" Dinky exclaimed.

"Ha! Dinky, I like how you're trying to play a funny joke on me."

"No, Doctor! There is actually one! And it makes that noise!"

"Sure...Ghosts make sounds but they're ghosts so they don't." Whooves raised his newspaper back up.

Dinky groaned, and was about to go back upstairs when a voice suddenly spoke in her ears, "That was good coffee."

"Aah-" Dinky instantly put her hoofs in her mouth to prevent her scream from escaping. She checked both her left and right with her eyes, the voice was gone, but then there was footsteps going up the stairway. Dinky rolled her eyes upward at the stairs; the thought of going up there didn't comply to her mind. The ghost is up there! What does it want!? But- Oh no! Ron will be here by any minute...!

Dinky quickly headed towards the backdoor and opened it. The sun was higher up now, there was full view of everything than a pitch-black backyard. Dinky saw no signs of Ron over the fence, she approached the gate to see if he was on his way or not, footsteps approached Dinky from behind, and she quickly turned around to see who it was: nothing was there. Dinky exited the gate and closed it shut to not let the ghost go through. "I hope it doesn't follow me."

The day was bright, few clouds occupied the sky, very quiet than normal. There was a gentle wind that flowed from the east to west, Dinky observed the land to spot Ron if he was approaching. Hills, trees, and very few houses on the outskirts of Ponyville were the only things that were visible. A shadow passed over Dinky, and she looked up to the sky; a pegasus flew over her, and disappeared behind some trees. "I wonder where that pegasus is flying to?"

"Aaahhh!!"

"Huh?" Dinky heard a scream originating from the woods that were near her house, then another scream was heard loudly. Dinky stared at the trees suspiciously at the disturbing sounds. A large figure was moving amongst the trees, dissapearing and reappearing from view. Suddenly, the figure emerged, Dinky squinte her eyes to get a better view of the thing: it was Ron. Ron appeared to be checking his surroundings before he did anything else. He turned his head at Dinky, and began to approach her.

"Well, at least he did show up," said Dinky.

Ron suddenly stopped and looked upwards. Dinky also turned her head to see another pegasus fly over, then she looked back at Ron who had a uncomfortable expression. "Is something wrong, Ron?"

Ron remained silent, and continued to watch the pegasus until it disappeared out of sight. He then turned at Dinky to confront her, "We meet again, Dinky. How did you enjoy the night of rest and rejuvenation?"

"...I did sleep well...?" Dinky was caught be surprise by his vocabulary. "Yes, I did get a good sleep, thank you for asking"

"Hmm, I see... Have you established a agreement to persaude your guardians to house me in their property?" Ron asked.

"No, I'm very sorry! This morning has been very... Weird."

"What do you mean "weird"?' Ron asked suspiciously.

Dinky sighed and hoped her explanation would make Ron believe her, "I was going to eat breakfast, but my plate moved by itself." Dinky checked to see if Ron was paying attention to her and he was. "I tried to get it again but it didn't work. So, I used my magic to get it back from whatever it was that was taking my food away and-"

"I see what it is... You believe a paranormal force is responsible for interfering with your breakfast and halting your consumption for energy," Ron stated.

"Woah... But yes! That's what I said! But nopony believes me!" Dinky yelped.

" 'No pony'? I must familiarize myself to the language that is spoken amongst your species."

"Well, I could teach you, but do you believe me?" asked Dinky.

"Dinky, I cannot determine if you speak the truth or not, but I shall remain on alert for any paranormal units."

"Thank you! Finally somepo- or thing that at least believes me!"

"I understand your thoughts, but you must ask your guardians for their approval to let me dwell in their territory," reminded Ron.

"Oops, sorry... I'll go get them out to meet you."


Dinky opened the gate again and let Ron pass throught first, then closing it behind her when she entered. Ron observed the features of the backyard; very clean and elegant, not destroyed or Tiberium growing out of the ground. A single tree stood in a corner, the grass was finely trimmed down to a neat size. He then looked down at Dinky who had a smile as she approached the door to enter. She opened it and waved at him before she closed it. Ron was now alone in the yard waiting for what was to come.

"This plan better work... It is the only way I can educate myself to obtain valuable knowledge of this world and it's key features."

Dinky was inside getting ready to tell her family about Ron. She was about to enter the kitchen when she suddenly remembered about Ron, the way he appeared would surely frighten her mother and sister, but she thought about the Doctor, the way he acted and the knowledge he knew would be the best way to confront Ron in a suitable way.

"I guess I have to tell the Doctor about this."

The Doctor was still in his chair reading the newspaper, Dinky felt nervous about what she was going to tell him. He sat there with a gently smile as he read the different sections of the paper. "Umm... Doctor?"

"What is it, Dinky?"

"Can I introduce you to a friend I have?" she nervously asked.

"Sure, what his or her name?" Whooves asked curiously.

"...Ron"

"A bit strange, but where is he?"

"In the backyard..."

The Doctor thought how it was strange that Dinky didn't bring her friend inside the house. "How come he is in the back, and not in here?"

"You'll soon see if you meet him," said Dinky heading for the backdoor.

Whooves folded his newspaper and placed it on the table by his chair. "How tall is he?" he curiously asked.

"Very tall," said Dinky.

"Is he wide or skinny? Does he have medical problems?"

"I don't think he's that wide, or has medical problems."

"Is he kind? Polite? Is he immature?" The Doctor had a unpleased look.

"Doctor, he is kind and polite, and certainly not immature," said Dinky.

Dinky opened the backdoor with the Doctor continuously asking questions over her friend. She felt the irritation of many questions building up in her head. Dinky saw Ron, then she turned to the Doctor who still was asking. "Doctor..."

"Is he very flexible? Maybe not by his height."

"Doctor..."

"I wonder if he is very intelligent and a universal graduate."

"Doctor..."

"Does he belong to a organization that is remarkable in advances in education?"

"Doctor!" Dinky yelled.

"Oh... Sorry, so where is your-"

The Doctor stood there with his eyes open wide and his mouth agape. A large metal, spider-like thing stood before him and Dinky. The thing was staring at the tree, but it noticed him and faced his direction. The creature stared at him with its three red-dotted eyes. It took a few steps forward and leaned its torso down at him. "Greetings," it spoke.

The Doctor remained there frozen in place infront of this thing. He felt that he was in a trance in its eyes, he snapped out of it and looked at Dinky who had a concerned look. "Dinky... Whatever you do get behind me right now," he whispered.

"But why?" she asked.

The Doctor was frustrated in his mind as valuable time passed by to remove himself and Dinky from the creature's presence. "Dinky! Why do you have to do this right now! Can you not see this thing is obviously dangerous...!

"If you have a problem with me, sir... Why not confront me to settle this," Ron menacingly suggested.

The Doctor snapped out of his fear and gathered the strength to communicate with this thing. "Well...uhh... I am the Doctor, and I am one of the legal guardians of Dinky."

"Are you not the male parent of Dinky?" Ron questioned.

The Doctor turned red on his muzzle. "No, no, I am not the father of Dinky, just her guardian that's all, hehehe..."

"Your embarrassment makes me believe you hide the truth of being the male parent of Dinky," Ron stated.

"I believe you do not understand, I am-"

"From this day forth, you are now recognized the father of Dinky in my databases," Ron announced.

"W-what!? I am not the father of Dinky! Have your circuits gone mad!?" Whooves yelped.

"Whoa... The Doctor as my dad," Dinky said amazed, her eyes sparkling in excitement.

Ron crossed his arms while the 'father' of Dinky kept on flailing over his position in the family. He turned his attention away from the Doctor, and stared down at Dinky who had a smile full of glee. My plan goes as orchestrated... Learn the behaviors of the indigenous species...

"Are you not paying attention to me!" Whooves yelled.

"I do understand, Doctor... But I believe we should take this confrontation another path. I am Ron, a cybernetic unit that is highly advanced in most areas than most cyborgs units," he explained.

The Doctor fell silent and listened to Ron's information about himself. "Well, uh, pardon me for my behavior, but please continue."

"Very well then... I have come across this world that I do not recognize, I wish to partake in your society to learn and live at a equal level amongst your kind," Ron announced.

"I see where you're going, but where do you exactly come from Ron?" The Doctor asked suspiciously.

"Nod... I originate from the Land of Nod."

"Strange, now why does that sound awfully familiar?" The Doctor put a hoof to his chin. "I'll remember it eventually."

"Cool! Is that someplace faraway from here!?" Dinky excitingly asked.

"Beyond your imagination, child..."

"Well, Ron, where do you plan to go if you are lost?" asked the Doctor.

"That is what I wish to ask you... I ask for your permission to stay in the property you own as I educate myself about this planet," Ron explained.

The Doctor's eyes went small as Ron wished to stay here in his home with the family he cared for. "I-I-I don't know about that... I can't just decide by myself, I also have to get Dinky's mother out here to meet you."

"Then go and bring forth Dinky's mother... It will be a pleasure to meet her."

"Dinky, go and get your mother and also your sister if she's awake," Whooves ordered.

Dinky left the backyard, and disappeared into the house; now it was only Ron and the Doctor. The Doctor suddenly stared at Ron with a glare, "Listen! I don't care who or what you are, but the slightest threat you make to Dinky or anyone else in the family I will-"

"Doctor, what's going on?" Derpy asked concerned, stepping out of the doorway.

"I just want you meet Dinky's new 'friend' that's all," Whooves explained.

"Who is her-" Derpy immediately fell silent in the presence of a terrorizing arachnid creature. "WHAT IS THAT THING!?"

"Oh, his name is Ron! He wants to know if can live here since he's not from here, and what I mean 'not from here' I mean he's not from this planet at all!" Dinky happily explained.

"Oh, ok... So, he's a creature from another planet," Derpy said in a shaky tone.

"Mom, he's very nice and kind," Dinky added.

"Umm... Okay, how do you do, Ron?" Derpy asked nervously.

"I am in fine condition ma'am, it is an honor to meet you," greeted Ron.

"...Well, I guess that's great...?"

Sparkler came out of the house at the conversation outside. "Mom? What's going on out-MONSTER!" she screamed.

"Sparkler, he's not a monster!" Dinky scolded.

"Oh yes he is! just look at him!," Sparkler yelped, shaking.

"The levels of fear in this unicorn cause blind choices and actions," Ron stated.

"Where was I? Oh yes, Derpy... Ron asks if he can stay with us since he doesn't have a place to stay," the Doctor explained.

"So, he wants stay here, because he has nowhere to live?" Derpy turned her head away to think for a moment. "I guess so... As long as he doesn't cause any damage to the house," Derpy announced.

"Well, Ron... I guess you're staying with us then," said the Doctor.

"You have many thankings from the Brotherhood," thanked Ron.

" 'Brotherhood!?' " questioned Sparkler.

"That is where I originate from," explained Ron.

"Yay! Ron is staying here with us!" cheered Dinky.

Derpy had slight smile, and returned back inside the house, Sparkler slowly stepped backwards back inside the house still staring at Ron. Dinky was happily bouncing around Ron, but the Doctor stared at him with a glare. "Dinky... Can you step inside for a moment? I need to talk to Ron personally."

Dinky stopped bouncing and left them both pony and machine to converse. The Doctor watched Dinky until she was fully out of sight. "Ron... Since you have been accepted to stay here with us... If I see you try to harm Dinky, Derpy, or Sparkler.... You will be removed from here and be put in a dimension where you will never return!" he threatened.

Ron crossed his arms, and rolled his human eyes at the Doctor's non-threatening words he considered, "Doctor, you too shall be scorched by the Prophet's power and be brought down begging for his mercy if you dare attack me," Ron threatened back.

"Very well, I see we both dislike each other," stated the Doctor.

"No, Doctor, I have no hatred towards you... It is my appearance that makes you believe I will harm your family. But I promise I will be in my... 'best behavior'," Ron stated.

"You better be..."

Author's Note:

Now the story gets interesting. Ron somewhat trolled the Doctor, but he is now accepted among Dinky's family. There might be another appearance of the SAM in the next chapter, but likely not. If you want it back just tell me. The next chapter will be up as soon as possible. Strange sounds....