• Published 1st May 2013
  • 1,742 Views, 35 Comments

The Jazzy Fillyfooling Group Collab - The Princess Rarity



Prompts written about jazzy fillyfoolers by The Jazzy Fillyfoolers Group!

  • ...
8
 35
 1,742

Commission - psp7master

"It'll be all right, it'll be all right, it'll be all right..." Vinyl kept repeating to herself as she paced the small lawn in front of a two-store house, avoiding knocking at the door. After all, why rush? She could just walk for a while, for another... half an hour...

The DJ groaned and looked at the record that she was holding in her magical grip. Dammit, I shouldn't have agreed to it, she chided herself. But then again, this 'Octavia' promised to pay well... "It'll be all right, it'll be all right, it'll be all-" she kept repeating her mantra until the door opened, revealing a beautiful grey earth pony mare, her charcoal mane falling freely onto her shoulders.

"Miss Vinyl Scratch, I presume?" she wondered, with a soft touch of Braytish accent, her lips curled up in a polite smile.

Vinyl gulped, feeling a bed of sweat form upon her forehead. "Y-yeah, the one and only!" she exclaimed with fake enthusiasm, throwing her hoof in the air lazily. "You, um, the one Octavia?"

The grey mare nodded, stepping outside. "Pleased to meet you, Miss Scratch," she said, extending a hoof in a greeting gesture.

"Just... Vinyl," the white unicorn said lamely, shaking the hoof. Octavia's hoof was smooth and soft, and immensely pleasant to touch.

"So, Vinyl, have you thought about the song I commissioned you?" Octavia wondered calmly, still not dropping the smile.

"Y-yeah!" Vinyl handed the record at once, wincing as the grey mare grabbed it in her hooves, inspecting it closely.

"A full hour backing track in A major, full orchestra?" Octavia wondered, eyeing the round vinyl object.

Vinyl frantically looked around. "Not so loud!" she whispered, slightly paling. "I've a reputation to maintain!"

"Oh, we'll see to it," Octavia mumbled, casting an estimating glance at the white pony. "Would you like to come inside?"

"Huh?"

"I would like to test the record, and your assistance would be of utmost importance."

Slightly perturbed by the mare's ridiculous phrasing, the unicorn meekly nodded and couldn't help but glance longingly at Octavia's rump. With a sigh, she trotted into the house after the grey pony.

Something was telling her it wasn't the last time she'd meet this mare.