• Published 1st May 2013
  • 1,742 Views, 35 Comments

The Jazzy Fillyfooling Group Collab - The Princess Rarity



Prompts written about jazzy fillyfoolers by The Jazzy Fillyfoolers Group!

  • ...
8
 35
 1,742

Festivites - Beatrice Wilde

I took a look around me. All the couples looking so happy to be alive, to have each other. This wasn't at all how I wanted to spend New Year's Eve- alone, nobody to share it with. But of course I should be alone, me being the screw up that I am...

I'll be alone with nobody to share a special embrace with when the clock tower chimes midnight. Time to drink away my loneliness.

I trot into the bar and tell the barpony to hit me up with a suicide- or two or three...

Things begin to become blurry and I try and stand. By now it's around ten, I guess. I've been here for two hours. They were having karaoke night- might as well try it out. Nothing better to do. Nopony to gossip with. Nopony to share crazy stories with. Nopony to hold and cherish, even for a night. I'm a reject.

A reject who is going to sing away the drunken pain of this New Year's festival.

I wobble onstage and levitate the microphone to my face, clearing my throat. "Hello, everypony.! I'm Vinyl Scratch, and I'm gonna sing you a song! Uhm- Since You've Been Gone! This is dedicated to my lovely exmarefriend, Octavia Philharmonica!"

The music starts playing and the ponies around the small, circular stage clap some, a few giving cheers.

I wail into the microphone all about since she's been gone and how I'm moving on, and how I get what I want thanks to her. The ponies cheer, regardless. Even me, being as drunk as I was, knew that they were only cheering for the same reason I was singing. Alone and drunk on New Year's Eve- might as well live it up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up, shuddering, covered in sweat. I hate nightmares like that. Losing Octavia... No. I rolled over and stroked her mane, sighing that she was still with me through thick and thin.

It was almost midnight. New Year's Eve still... Time to not be alone! To prove my subconscious mind wrong! I will NOT be alone!

11:59...

Ten... Nine... Eight... Seven...

I grasped Octavia's shoulders and pulled her up into a kiss.

Four... Three...

She woke up, startled, then relaxing into my hooves.

One...

I pulled away, and nuzzled her ear, whispering, "Every day with you is a celebration for me, for as long as I have you, I have everything. Happy New Year's, 'Tavi... I love you..."