• Published 1st May 2013
  • 1,742 Views, 35 Comments

The Jazzy Fillyfooling Group Collab - The Princess Rarity



Prompts written about jazzy fillyfoolers by The Jazzy Fillyfoolers Group!

  • ...
8
 35
 1,742

Secrets - SlightlySerious

The heavy bass coursed through Octavia’s body, violent vibrations stemming from the headphones upon her ears. Her hoof tapped and head bobbed with the beat, not by choice, but by the force of the music pushing against her. The thump pounded against her consciousness, only growing with each bar as she allowed herself to be lost in the music. She could feel her breathing get more and more ragged as the sounds increased in intensity.

Her head bobbing and hoof tapping soon evolved into hip swaying. As the intense sounds continued to scale a summit, her body continued slide into a new plane, where the only things existing were her movements and the music she was moving to.

She knew it was coming; she could hear the signs that a climactic electronic explosion was just on the horizon, and her moving body would be along for the ride. At this point, Octavia was dancing; it wasn’t the proper ballroom waltz she was used to, but true feeling and emotion translated into a passionate flailing of limbs and graceful chaos.

The headphones barely stayed secure as she spun, preparing for the peak of the music. She could feel her heart pounding in anticipation. The synthesised instruments increased in pace, and she was ready to be blasted with the cacophony of heavy bass and dirty, yet beautiful, melodies. The pitch continued to rise, as did her wild movements, until-

“‘Tavi! I’m home!”

In one swift motion fueled by adrenaline, Octavia grabbed the headphones and slammed them against a nearby wall, wincing as they broke apart into little pieces. She tossed her mp3 player to the side as well, this time careful to make sure it wasn’t destroyed.

She could hear Vinyl coming up the stairs; she had to come up with an excuse for her sweat drenched body, but what?

The door to her room opened, revealing her marefriend. “Hey ‘Tavi. What’s u- Whoa. Why are you all sweaty? Were you m-”

“No!” she quickly interrupted. “I was... exercising. Yes. Getting a good workout. A lady has to look her best.”

Vinyl looked skeptical at first, but then shrugged. “Alright, whatever. You shouldn’t worry about your weight so much, though. I like your butt just the way it is.” She smiled and turned to leave, but stopped. “Oh, have you seen my headphones?”

Octavia passed a nervous glance to the ruined pair on the opposite wall. “N- nope. Haven’t seen them...” she gulped.

Vinyl shrugged again. “Alright. Well if you do, let me know. Oh, and is it alright with you if I go to a party tonight? I would invite you, but I know you don’t like that ‘awful and dirty electronic scene’.”

“I- it’s fine with me, Vinyl.” She watched as the mare turned away, taking in a deep breath. “Wait.” Vinyl peeked back into the doorway. “This time... this time I think I’d like to go with you.”