• Published 1st May 2013
  • 1,743 Views, 35 Comments

The Jazzy Fillyfooling Group Collab - The Princess Rarity



Prompts written about jazzy fillyfoolers by The Jazzy Fillyfoolers Group!

  • ...
8
 35
 1,743

Language - Syvvak

“Come on, Vinyl. Please?” Octavia had been pleading with her fillyfriend for a good half an hour, to no avail.

“I already said no, Tavi. How else can I say it? ‘Shut the fuck up and leave me alone cuz I ain’t gonna do it’?”

“You could say it in Fancy,” Octavia replied, a little hurt at Vinyl’s outburst. Even though it wasn’t directed at her, it still hurt.

“Look. Tavi.” Vinyl took a deep breath before continuing. “Why should I waste hours, if not days, of my life on something I will never use? I don’t go to fancy restaurants all the time like you, or fancy parties. I don’t interact with the crème de la crème of society, so it would just be a waste of my time.” Vinyl felt as though she rationalized pretty well.

“Oh, so you need to get something you want back to do anything, huh?” Octavia said, a bit of venom in her voice.

“Tavi, that’s n-” Vinyl began, but was cut off by the grey mare.

“So you won’t do it just to do it? Just to say you can? You wouldn’t do it so my friends don’t think less of you, or make fun of you when they think I’m not listening?” Octavia’s eyes began to water. Her voice dropped to a near-whisper. “You wouldn’t do it for me?”

Vinyl went to wrap her hooves around the crying mare, but, when she reached out, Octavia turned away, causing Vinyl to sigh.

“Look, Octavia, I... When I was a filly, my mother’s boss spoke Fancy. He... wasn’t a very nice pony. He made her work the hardest and longest, since she was a ‘no good, worthless earth pony’. He would get mad at her for mistakes she didn’t even make. Nopony would do anything about it, because he knew people. He made our lives miserable and would force my mom to do... things to keep her job.

“Whenever I hear Fancy, I think of him.” Vinyl looked Octavia in the eye and gave a small smile. “But, if it really means so much to you, I will learn how to speak in Fancy. On one condition.”

Octavia jumped up and wrapped her hooves around the DJ’s neck. “You don’t have to if it brings back bad memories. I’m sorry I have been so pushy about it. I didn’t know.”

Vinyl pushed her back and held her shoulders, looking into her eyes. “On the condition that you will teach me and give me good memories for it to remind me of.” She pulled the grey cellist forward, locking their lips in a loving embrace.