• Published 1st May 2013
  • 1,742 Views, 35 Comments

The Jazzy Fillyfooling Group Collab - The Princess Rarity



Prompts written about jazzy fillyfoolers by The Jazzy Fillyfoolers Group!

  • ...
8
 35
 1,742

Fashion - Syvvak

Don’t come home until 8. Please. That’s what the note said. It had been left for me at work. I didn’t know what to think at the time. I still don’t. Why didn’t Vinyl want me home till eight? My mind first jumped to her having someone over. Had she finally gotten bored with me, a simple cellist who didn’t fit into her wild lifestyle? I pushed these thoughts aside and decided to settle on she was either rearranging the house, or cleaning it, since I wasn’t able to forget about it entirely.

As I approached the door, all the bad thoughts came back. Maybe she was doing drugs? Being with another pony? Leaving? I took a deep breath, hoping I didn’t have an anxiety attack. I don’t know why I was like this. I guess it just wasn’t like Vinyl, so it must have thrown me off.

I opened the door and stepped in. “Vinyl, I’m home,” I shouted as I closed the door behind me.

“I’m in the kitchen, Tavi,” she shouted back.

I put my cello by the door and walked to the kitchen. I didn’t know what to expect, but it sure as hell isn’t what I saw. The table was set with a large quantity of food, candles were everywhere, the only light in the room, and Vinyl was dressed up fancy. Well, fancy for her. She was wearing a simple red dress. That’s it. Her mane wasn’t brushed back, she wasn’t wearing makeup, and she wasn’t wearing her glasses. She looked absolutely gorgeous (just like any other time).

“I - you- did-” I tried to form a coherent sentence, but failed. Vinyl picked up on this and explained.

“Yes, I did this by myself for you,” she said, as she sauntered up to me, giving me a loving kiss and leading me to my chair. She even pulled it out for me. What had gotten into her? Did I forget an important date?

“Wow. This is nice. What’s the special occasion? I didn’t think there was anything important coming up this week.”

“Tavi, every day with you is special and important to me. I just wanted to do something nice. Is that too much?” She said it all with a smile. Not her normal cocky smirk, just a sweet, loving smile.

“Well, thank you. This is nice.” She started passing out the food. She had always told me she couldn’t cook, so I always did. Now that I know she can cook, she will be doing it more often.

After dinner, she took me out back where she had some blankets and pillows lain about. I laid there in her embrace, just enjoying being with her, watching the sky. It had always fascinated me. She gave me a quick squeeze, cleared her throat, and started to talk.

“Tavi, tonight was wonderful,” she began, as she sat up. “I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.” I nodded my head and gave her a hug.

“I did. Thank you very much.” She chuckled and returned the hug.

“Well, I have never done something like that before, and I couldn’t think of any other way to show you how much you meant to me. I had a few relationships before you, but I always found something missing.” What was she going on about? “I don’t know what it is, but you have it. And I never want to lose it. This is kind of a spur of the moment thing, but here goes.

“Tonight I realized I would do something completely out of who I am for you. I realized that you meant more to me than anything else. Well, I guess I done knew all this, I guess it just really hit me tonight or something. I don’t want anyone else in my life. I know I have never been good with sharing my feelings, or speeches, but I have given it my best.

“Octavia-” she never uses my full name “-will you marry me? I don’t have a ring or anything, but I-”

She was cut off as I jumped on her, locking her lips with mine. Tears were pouring down my face as I whispered “Yes” into her mouth.

This wasn’t how Vinyl would normally do something like this (I don’t think. I always thought either I would propose, or she would make it all big and flashy and everyone knowing), but I loved it, just like I loved her.