TwiDash 4,231 members · 1,188 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Need some good 40,000+ twidash+scootadopt

jxj
jxj #2 · Jan 24th, 2015 · · 1 ·

All I can think of off the top of my head is I'll Always here for You (link), I'm actually interested in what turns up as well.

I'll always be here for you
A great story. It's incomplete, but the final chapters will be published soon.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/104775/sparkle-dash-family-tmp-stories

Definitely a good one.. i know there was another one i was thinking of as well but i can't remember what it was called.... the ones listed above are quite good too though, esp fireflies

The two big ones are Spellbound Fireflies by bats and I'll Always Be Here For You by The Abyss. Both have pacing issues.

Spellbound Fireflies doesn't start out very well, with Twilight and Rainbow Dash being already in a relationship at the start of the story and having cuddle snuggles inside of chapter 1 which didn't really work out for me; the TwiDash relationship is awkwardly written at the start of the story, and never really sat quite right with me, but gets better towards the end, and the end of the story is quite nice. Scootaloo works pretty well and is the most interesting part of the story, both with her adoption, her interaction with her foster parents, and toy shipping with Sweetie Belle.

I'll Always Be Here For You casts Scootaloo as much more of a victim, and Twilight and Rainbow Dash don't officially get together for a good chunk of the story. However, it is constantly somewhat awkwardly written, and it always gave me a slight feeling of being off. There are several moments in the story which just jerk you around and don't flow right, and as a result it frequently feels somewhat erratic. Scootaloo's actual parents are abusive alcoholics with no redeeming features whatsoever, and the whole thing just feels weird.

There are some others as well, but I don't think I've read them.

If you're going to read one of them, Spellbound Fireflies is the better of the two.

I have an absolutely terribad one if you don't mind Dark Adventure and general terribleness.

Formerly Committed
Group Admin

Here's all the ones that I know of, in order of publication. So we know who the copycats are...losers
Word counts vary.

The first twidash scoota(love) fic got deleted after the author raged quit when Twi got wings. There was no actual adoption, but the Scootalove was nice. I think Scoots had gotten a paramedic cutie mark..w/e.

The Fatal Error

Turn Around, and Pick up the Pieces

Broken wings and broken dreams

Spellbound Fireflies

Sparkle Dash Family: TMP Stories

Under Our Wing

Living in Ponyville: A Twidashy tale - I'm not sure this has any Scootadopt at all, I haven't read it.

I'll Always be Here for You

Scootaloo's new life

Finding Scootaloo

Welcome to Wherever You Are

Synthetic

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9