Twishy 1,121 members · 504 stories
Comments ( 35 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 35

I know there's a discussion thread about why people love this pairing, but I'm curious about what first got them into shipping these two to begin with. Was it a moment in the show itself? A fanfic? Fan art?

For me, I can think of two different parts from the show's first season. First was the scene where Twilight and Fluttershy meet for the first time; this also happened to be the scene that really got me interested in MLP: FiM. The other was the episode "A Bird in the Hoof." It was then I realized that I enjoyed every second of their interaction. Even just seeing the two of them standing next to each other onscreen always makes me happy.

So how about y'all?

2524283 call me crazy... call me wierd... first time I REALLY got into TwiShy was when I read MysteriousStranger's Magic of Love Trilogy

I distinctly remember what got me into shipping these two. I was browsing groups, and I saw this author named Darqfox. I'm sure you've heard of him. I read his story Frozen North, and I've been hooked on the pairing ever since.

Finding a very good Twishy fic (I don't remember what it was) and realized how much it made sense to me more than any other ship, and how cute it was for these two to be together. :yay::heart::twilightsmile:

Darqfox is a great author and I enjoy that particular story, too.
I know just what you mean!

I'm reading through the first one right now! I love it so far. I was actually thinking of a different one...

I found a fan art of them as a couple even before becoming a brony. I didn't even know their names! :rainbowlaugh:
Then, when I started to watch the show, I saw that there was sense on the shipping.

2524307 Oh, you! :twilightblush:

I... I don't even remember. It was shortly after I became a brony, back in the summer of 2011, but I honestly don't recall how I got into this pairing in particular. :rainbowderp:

2524429 Yay! :yay:
Comments appreciated! :twilightsmile:

I didn't. I just joined all the mane six shipping groups.

I can start with how i found Fanfics.
I was looking around on EQD a summer afternoon, and i saw a post about Trial Run by UnlicensedBrony.
I just took a look at the description and thought for my self "I hawe nothing going on today might as well se what this hole fanfic thing is in this fandome."
I read the fic and thought to my self that it was well written and relay good and sweet, so i started looking around on fimfiction fore more like that, and i found magic of Love by MysteriousStranger
It took me about a week to read the inter thing and out of the romance fics i hawe read previously i actually cried and started to relay care about the relationship between Twilight and Fluttershy.
When i was done i decided to make my user on fimficton and leave comments and hawe fun.( My first comment is in Magic of Love some wear).
At some point i saw a thread on this very group about a contest and i saw that the pries was a pair of plushies, so i decided to give writhing a fanfic a shot. I knew that i wasn't going to win but it was worth a try.
And now i'am working on a multi chapter TwiShy story.
So thanks to MysteriousStranger i became a TwiShy fan and i thank him for it.

Excuse me if the spelling and grammar are horrible in this :twilightblush:

Well, when I first joined the fandom, Twishy was included in my generally positive feelings towards pretty much all the Mane Six pairings. When I started to grow tired of the more popular ships (read: ships that have Rainbow Dash in them), Twishy naturally gained ground by contrast.

It wasn't really until I started working on my own Twishy fic that I really gave a whole lot of thought to the pairing. Really, it's been a slow, gentle growth throughout, which seems entirely appropriate to the nature of the ship itself.

2524711 Pretty sneaky, sis... :raritywink:
2524726 Don't worry about the grammar. Your point was clear enough. And pretty cool, too. :twilightsmile:

2524307 Same. It was beautiful:pinkiesad2:

I was one day fucking around on the AppleDash group when I realized "Hey, maybe some other shippings are worth my time." and I found this group, and it was perfect. The couple is cute together, and I can't see them breaking up. Fluttershy definitely wouldn't break it off, and could Twilight bring herself to break it off?

2524283 Well, I already shipped RariDash and ApplePie like my life depended on it, so I paired the spares and found I actually loved it- at my interest was doubled by reading Darqfox's awesome stories :rainbowkiss:

I don't know, probably because I was shipping Rarijack and Pinkiedash, I was like, what about Twilight and Fluttershy? Then, I realized how cute of a couple they were. De magiks!:coolphoto:

heh, same for me :pinkiehappy:; well i think so anyway cause it was either that or one of t other twishy's i found a interest in :applejackunsure:

2525282 Hmm, interesting question. I guess I could see, if she had to break it off, that Twilight might be the one to do it very gently. That's part of why I like pairing her with Fluttershy. She (usually) seems to be aware of how sensitive or easily frightened her friend can be and is less likely to break her heart in the same way that Applejack or Rainbow Dash might.

I think it was after I read: "Once Bitten, Twice Shy"

I thought it was a cute, funny, well-written story, but I also realized these two go really well together, personality-wise.

The first TwiShy story I read was "Once Bitten, Twice Shy", but it didnt really catch on at that, I wasnt really interested at the pairing after that story, no, the story that really made me interested was the story "Eternal Bonds" by Skits, a shame its never going to continue:ajsleepy:

2525693 I LOVED that story... was watching it from the first story on

2530162 I just did my job and gave TwiShy the trilogy it deserved :twilightsheepish:

2530238 yes... but you also got me into TwiShy

2530245 Then my job here is done :rainbowdetermined2:

well, it is a excellent trilogy n' it did set me up for my own lil readin marathon of t couple that day :twilightsmile:; althou i am kinda sad to see Studdy Buddies be canceled since it was one of those twishy's i liked :fluttershysad:. eh, hakuna matata :yay:

Doctor Proctal
Group Contributor

You might not know it at first glance, but I'm one of the old guard, in a way, for fanfiction reading. Not writing, of course, what with my schedule slips and all.
Pony fanfiction was the first real fanfiction I got into, before it I just thought writing about someone else's stuff was strange. Not sure what my first one exactly was, persay, but I do recall it was somewhere around late Spring/early Summer of 2011.
As for the stories that got me into the ship itself... I'm pretty sure it was a combination of both Once Bitten, Twice Shy and Equestrian Writers Convention.
I read Twice Shy first, seeing as it came out first near the end of the long period between seasons 1 and 2.
I've always had a soft spot for things that are cute, so that story just hit all the right notes for me. It didn't get me hooked into the ship just yet, though, but it planted the thoughts of "this might be my OTP" in my subconscious.
Then in February of 2012, I read Equestrian Writers Convention. I thought it was a relatively funny story, but, like Twilight, was oblivious to the twist that was slowly becoming obvious as the story went on. And then the story ended with that vague drunk scene and I was left much more disappointed and upset that I should have been. I dunno, something must have "clicked" when I was reading the story that made me want to ship those two.
Now, of course, I didn't really ship them as an OTP until later that year when I joined this group. It was always off-and-on-let's-see-if-there-are-any-new-fics-every-few-months-or-so instead of making-sure-to-check-every-week-or-so-and-rattle-the-monkey-cage-if-there's-no-activity.

Tl;dr? Didn't mean to get into the ship. Read one shipping story, read a second and became upset when the shipping was intentionally vague and left to the Gainax ending, causing much confusion.

2524283 I can't pinpoint an exact time but I would imagine it was roughly june of 2013. I had read a short by Darq after I had gotten into Twidash. Though the story that got me hooked on it was Magic of Love 2: Bell's Sonata which was about mid july.

I suppose I should also point out the fics that really got me into TwiShy. They're still on my Favorites list, though they haven't been updated in a long time and one got cancelled. They're "Study Buddies" by Samsara and "Eternal Bonds" by Slictz, both of which were a launching point into fics like "The Wendersnaven" by Esle Ynopemos and the works of our good friend DarqFox.

TwiShy 2014! :twilightsmile: :heart: :yay:

I vividly remember reading Once Bitten, Twice Shy when I'd first gotten into the show, but I don't think that's what got me into TwiShy. I hardly remember the time I first became a fan of the show, to be honest. I think I was in denail for a while, both for the show and that I liked the shipping, but the fan-art finally converted me. The most notable thing about TwiShy for me was that it was the first same-sex pairing I supported in anything. It'll always hold a special place for me, despite not being my OTP any longer.

That position is held firmly by TwiPie now. :twilightsmile:

2547556 Hey, we don't judge here. That's pretty cool that TwiShy was your first same-sex ship. It wasn't my first (I was a RariShy shipper for a few months), but it's the one I support the most out of all the ships in my various fandoms.

I'm glad to hear that. Growing up in a relatively conservative family made it a bit strange to support the shipping at first, but I don't care about that anymore. I say, do whatever makes you happy as long as it doesn't hurt others! :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 35