Twishy 1,121 members · 504 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that most of us here like Twishy. That is the purpose of the group, after all. It would be kinda silly if you were here and you hated the pairing (though I suppose there is such a thing as trolls).

But I'd like to ask why you like it so much. What is there to this particular ship that sets it apart from the others? Is there a specific fic or a piece of art that converted you? What goes on in the dynamic between Twilight and Fluttershy that you can't find anywhere else?

I've got a few of my own answers to these questions, but I'd like to hear some of your responses before I post my thoughts.

She is the one that made me ship this couple... I saw so much cuteness in there! :twilightsmile:

the dynamic of it, they are both socially awkward but at the same time Twilight is a good pony to open up to and is supportive enough for Fluttershy to get a bit of confidence without it being forced on her like it would with Rainbow or Rarity.
Twilight has been shown to be good to some degree with animals.
And I am pretty sure they both enjoy the peace and quiet and a good book :twilightsmile:
Also, never forget the cuteness levels :twilightsmile::heart::yay:

Hmm, probably because I like these two characters more than the others (I love them all, but these two are my favourite), and the way they act around each other is just sweet and endearing, to put it one way. Not to mention when I see a picture of them cuddling, I nearly die from the cuteness.

Can't really explain it, but that's my thoughts.

Comment posted by Maarad deleted Mar 8th, 2013

I like TwiShy for a multitude of reasons...

For one, I see some of myself in both of these ponies, more so than any of the other characters. In this way, I can connect with the pairing, (however weird that might be), and it makes the shipping more real and enjoyable than, say, RainbowPie.

Oh, and both are pretty close to the top of my favorite ponies list. Though, if I were to credit a story to my like of TwiShy, it'd be this one: Once Bitten, Twice Shy. Best TwiShy fiction I've ever seen. :twilightsmile:

And I couldn't have worded that any better. :rainbowkiss:

Mostly what has been mentioned in this thread already, except for the post above mine. It wasn't my first step into pony shipping, I believe a Fluttershy x Derpy fic was the first I read, but some time after that.

I looked through the shipping group here (knighty's group, that is), and for some reason, the TwiShy folder stuck out to me. They weren't my two favorite ponies at the moment (Shy was and still is 1st, Twi was in 4th but now 2nd), and I'm still not sure what brought me to it in the first place.

I think Study Buddies was the first TwiShy fic that I read, but I may be wrong, I might've read a couple one-shots before that.

And now I'm still with the ship because of how adorable it is, reasons that seem redundant to mention since they have already been brought up here, and the quality of some of the TwiShy fics.

I'll definitely be writing much more TwiShy than what I already have, and hope that I can consistently deliver stories of at least somewhat good quality.

It maybe silly for me to say this but one reason why I like this pairing the most is because their body colors are complimentary. Also, I don't know I just find it to be adorable. For some reason I pair Fluttershy up with a lot of unicorns...

712568 I pair Twilight with a lot of pegasi :twilightblush:

TwilightWaffle pretty much nailed it :twilightsmile:

For reasons I've never been able to figure out (Okay, I have a theory, but I don't like it) a lot of people like to pair either of them up with Rainbow Dash. For all that Dash's good qaulities DO outweight her bad ones, her rough nature and...shall we say high self esteem...make her somewhat ill-suited as a romantic partner. Twilight and Fluttershy are both sensitive, and I imagine each would prefer a more gentle, attentive lover. I personally consider Twi and Shy to be the two nicest members of the group, and Applejack is a nice alternative for either of them as well. Yes, for all that she is a tough and tumble tomboy, Applejack has had plenty of moments where she is VERY gentle (I.e, her treatment of Twilight at the end of "The Ticket Master" )

Give her own sweet nature, I imagine Twilight would be drawn to somepony as soft and gentle as Fluttershy, and Twilight herself is kind enough to catch Fluttershy's eye while being gentle enough not to intimidate her or make her feel uncomfortable. They both seem like they would prefer quiet, reflective activities, and Twilight is almost certainly an animal lover :yay:

Also, as already mentioned, the cuteness levels. Are the two cutest members of the Mane Six not the cutest possible couple? :twilightsmile::yay:

Also, while Twilight is strong enough to be protective of Shy in a bad situation, she's gentle enough that it would come off as an equal partnership rather then Fluttershy simply being a protectee (Like, say, with Rainbow Dash) and Fluttershy would certainly have plenty of moments where her nurturing nature would come into play

They are my two favorite ponies and...alright, I admit it. A small part of this pairing for me is because according to our pony personality quizes, I am most like Twilight, and my crush, a good friend of mine, is most like Fluttershy :twilightblush:

712568 Aesthetics are good, too. There's no shame in that.

712459 OB, TS is a wonderful story. It's definitely one of the reasons I'm here.

712342>>712484 Sometimes it feels a bit silly to keep a list of favorite-to-least-favorite ponies, since they all are so great, but I'll admit I do so, too. Neither of them quite have the #1 spot for me, though; Fluttershy is second to Applejack while Twilight is hovering between 3rd and 4th, depending on how much I like Rarity on any given day. So I suppose my penchant for Twishy doesn't have much to do with my Best Pony list.

713428 Funny you should mention that last part, because I identify pretty closely with Fluttershy, and I'm married to someone who just might be Twilight in human form. I see it as proof that these two personality types can work very well together.

I feel like Twilight and Fluttershy are good influences on one another. Twi is gentle enough to be patient with her, yet bright enough to know when Fluttershy needs to be coaxed out of her shell. In turn, Fluttershy's endless fount of kindness and consideration is a good thing to keep the more unstable aspects of Twilight's personality in check. Together, they both emerge as steadier, healthier, better-adjusted ponies than they are alone.

712341 And of course, there is the cuteness.

:yay::heart::twilightblush:

713984 *Stamps hooves on floor in applause* :pinkiehappy:

Excellently put, bravo! Yes, they're both wonderful ponies on their own, but can balance out each others downsides for healthy personality growth :twilightsmile:

Originally I was more of a Rarishy shipper, but I've come around to Twishy because of how adorable it is. Twilight and Fluttershy are my two favorite characters, and as many have pointed out, it's amazing how well they complement each other. Twilight is great for boosting Fluttershy's confidence, and Fluttershy is the right pony for bringing Twilight down to earth with her caring nature. And given the context of the Season 3 finale, with all the cutie mark craziness going on, who was the first pony that Twilight went to help rediscover her true nature? Fluttershy.

I rest my case. :twilightsmile: :heart: :yay:

745076 To add on to that, FLUTTERSHY was on the one who told Twilight they all love her :twilightsmile:

Fluttershy is my favorite pony and Twilight is a close second

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14