The Lunaverse 2,571 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

I know a few people have already been saying it over in the lounge, but this isn't just any new year, its end of the twenty-teens and I think maybe that deserves something a bit more dedicated. All the more so perhaps since these past ten years coincide with the lifespan of the show that brought us all together here in the first place...

...and what better way to celebrate a decade of ponies than with a Weird Al style polka tribute commemorating some of the most famous fanwork songs.

So, in the further spirit of reminiscing together, what have been some of your favorite things to come out of this fandom?

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Does FiMFiction count? Because I think this site is my favorite thing to come out of the fandom, as well as all the people I've met on it. FiMFiction is my principle and preferred way of interacting with the fandom.

thatguyvex
Group Contributor

Happy New Years, guys.

Aside from the numerous fanfictions here on the site and the fact that I've met a lot of good folks like you lot, I think one of my personal favorite fan projects to come out of pony over the long years was this one:

Just a good blend of writing, voice acting, and crossover love that I can still sit down and watch with enjoyment, even years later.

I posted this on my blog yesterday!

For videos to close the year out with, I'd like to draw everyone's attention to this: an animated video to go with Applejack's official holiday track. The quality animation makes it seem like a missing piece of the show. :ajsmug:

Fitting for the holidays, and the year of our show's ending.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Heh... I think that probably hold true for most of us on this forum, for the obvious reason that this is were we congregate. I was thinking of more specific stuff though, art, videos, songs, and of course stories.

So to speak for myself, if it weren't for one story in particular I might never have been inspired to write my own fanfiction... and don't worry about continent sized egos, RDD, it's not one of yours although you're works are still pretty high on my list of all time favorites. Still, trite as it might be, I'll always have a singular standout favorite, a story I enjoyed so much I had to get in on the ground floor when it became one of the first brony fanfics to get published in physical form... the one... the only... the sometimes divisive, but never ignored... PAST SINS!

Honorable runners up, outside the Lunaverse, go to the late InsertAuthorHere's My Little Alicorn and also the thankfully still with us CTVulpin's Order-naries (or more accurately its various sequels and spin-offs, most notably Of Two Minds).

I think if something like this came out a few years ago, when the fandom was more active (and when YouTube's recommendation system seemed less janked), this would have blown up like Lullaby for a Princess or The Moon Rises.

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

Happy new year everyone!

I've never heard of the Order-naries series before. But oh my god, My Little Alicorn is so great! The sequel was awesome, and it's tragic that Waning Moon never saw full realization. Now you've got me thinking of InsertAuthorHere. It's so weird that my first post in this thread was about celebrating someone deceased. I never learned about how IAH passed though.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Yeah, between the loss of IAH and especially GreyGuard, that song you posted really touched me a lot.

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

I'd agree that Fimfiction is awesome. I might be missing something but I don't think any other fandom has the same size of fan fiction dedicated site, there are a few large sites which cover all types of story but there doesn't seem to be anything of this size specific for say Steven Universe, Adventure Time or RWBY. It's interesting to think what unique factors led to Fimfiction but didn't have the same effect on other fandoms.

Happy New Year!

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

Well, 2019 kinda sucked for me. My grandmother died. That was the 'big' thing of suck. It wasn't the worst year for me-2018 and 2011 beat it out by a country mile-but overall I was blegh at the higher end.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

7100704 Sorry I'm a bit late here... I was on a trip (again, I know), this time in Florida! (Got to see wild gators this time!) That's a great medley! Made me remember a ton of cool songs :D

Happy New Year everybody!

I think that, aside from FIMfiction my favorite piece is probably MandoPony's Picture Perfect Pony!

7100708 I'm glad I met all of you too, even if we had to lose some good friends along the way...

7101626 I lost someone close to me last year as well, and then I wound up losing my job so the first half of the year hasn't been all that great :/

Let's gallop into 2020 with renewed heart!

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

Good lord. I haven't seen that in years. :D

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Well, that's it... goodbye, everypony. It's been one heck of a good ride, but there's no denying it any longer. :derpytongue2:

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Nope. This franchise is immortal. Plus, y’know, we’ve got Pony Life incoming, and G5, and the movie, and of course the comics.

We’re just in hiatus. We’ve been in hiatuses before.

Also is that the “State Anthem of the USSR” at the beginning there?

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

Call me when we don't have a cartoon series, like G2. :p

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Could be worse, could be the dreaded G3.5 :twilightoops:

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

Ooh, there's a quandary. Is it worse to have no series, or one that's really shitty?

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

According to 4chan we'll get to stress-test that in real time with Pony Life. I guess we'll see.

If only they knew... If only they knew!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23