The Lunaverse 2,571 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 84 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 84
Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

4362427 4362467
Once there are two or more authors, sure, but while it's only a single author it's somewhat just more sensible to just organize things through said authors homepage.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

But if there's only one author it's easy enough to carry on those same kinds of discussions though story and blog comments.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Maybe, but that's going to be entirely dependent upon how large a following the author in question has.

And yes, all this creativity and wonderful imagination speaks volumes about the show and the fandom and what it can inspire us to do. Sorry for the super long post. I fail at brevity.

the creativity is indeed great! I dont know why but this fandom is just chock full of content creators.
I do think we are a bit divided in between websites though. Fimfiction and some smaller sites are where the vast majority of writers congregate, artists and animators are found on deviantart and tumblr, and all the musicians and some the greatest voice acting talent of the fandom are isolated on their youtube channels.

This keeps us from collaborating to make art projects that are greater than the sum of their parts: (It is why, for instance, some godly artists/animators end up making videos that are kind of poorly paced/written like Snowdrop and Double Rainboom)

Which brings me to why I am curious about good 'veses/series of fics. Please take a moment to note my username! I am an artist/animator who knows a few brony musicians and even a voice actress or two, and I'm looking to contribute my talents to the writer communities over on this side of the fandom, especially the alternate universes, hence I call myself multi verse cruise.

Right now I'm pretty focused on the Lunaverse (regulars of the Lunaverse forums have seen me posting my art and stuff everywhere, but for everyone else, check out the Work In Progress of this trailer/intro/whatever I'm making for 'em!

) but soon I'd like to expand to some of the other stories! Working together we are much more likely to gain an audience for our art and stories!

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Proves what exactly? Five members total over the course of 17 weeks and a single forum thread that no one has used in three months, as compared 2494 comments on the stories. If anything I'd say it's a better case for my point than yours. Whatever supposed organizational benefit the group provides, it's clearly not being used.

Hmm. I'll think that over. Thanks.

Another has recently come to my attention, mostly because the group was only just formed.

Bookish Delight's Project Northstar is an series of Equestria Girls stories that seek to flesh out the human world beyond a single high school. Celestia has a mysterious past, Rainbow Dash's cutie mark has significance beyond her shirt, and Twilight's family is apparently the head of a massive corporate juggernaut.

If we're talking boot different universes I also have one. Don't have a name for it but Derpy is luna's daughter. And there is a secretive cult led by my oc called the Blackmane Mystery. It's not very good, more dislikes than likes, most characters are ooc. Also Fluttershy has a twin named Fluttershy.

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

Also Fluttershy has a twin named Fluttershy.

Well that must get confusing.

Alchemystudent
Group Contributor

Bookish Delight's Project Northstar is an series of Equestria Girls stories that seek to flesh out the human world beyond a single high school. Celestia has a mysterious past, Rainbow Dash's cutie mark has significance beyond her shirt, and Twilight's family is apparently the head of a massive corporate juggernaut.

One of these days I am going to have to learn to skip a group I find interesting. Oh, and speaking of you, I can't beleive we have let out...

The elementals-verse: Derpy is a plainswalker and all that goes with it.

Also, we have Iwoaforever's justice leaugeverse, where Rainbow dash is Superman, and Blueblood is Batman

Then, finishing up the Superhero theme, we have the universe where the mane six get to be the marvel heroes

I guess this is why I love to write and read. I know I can't sing (though, I can do one day more and I keep ending up singing in my live reads!), write music, or draw, but I can write and I can voice act well. I guess that's why I go in between places so much.

I'll be honest Alchemy student, I dont like that you are assuming so much about your limitations, here. You can't draw, sing or write music? Seems like you're tying yourself down quite a bit, there! How hard did you really try before giving up on ever having those abilities?

There are dozens and dozens of free lineart tutorials that I went through, drawing the basic shapes over and over just to learn how to draw these silly cartoon horsies, and I think anyone with enough determination can become competent with them too! And animation I learned solely by befriending other artists in the fandom: brony artists are like, ridiculously friendly and willing to share their art process with anyone else who likes pone!

Music might be harder since you probably need formal training to play an instrument well (took me a while just to learn the piano), but I think its still worth trying out before just giving up on yourself!

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

I was thinking... did somebody write a fic where Starlight Glimmer is Celestia's Student and the named ponies from her town (Double Diamond, Party Favor, Sugarbelle and Night Glider) end up part of her Mane6? Too bad there wasn't another pegasus in there...

4364188 There was a pony-Avengers crossover I was reading a while back. Some sort of event had created mutants. Blueblood turned super smart, but his heart was failing so with Rarity's helped he created a magical jewel to sustain his life then used it to power a suit of armor! Caramel became Captain Equestria, Big Mac found Thor's hammer and Pinkie was actually Loki's descendant!

I don't know what happened to that... might have been on FF.net.

4362633 You have a good point about the barriers... we rarely got arts before you got here! We'd like to do voiced stuff but we don't have any female members it seems :facehoof:

Alchemystudent
Group Contributor

Well, to be fair, I can't really judge my singing since I have only sang in front o my family and on the youtube channel and haven't really gotten anybody's real opinion on it. The drawing part...yeah, I have tried and it looks bad. You have a vauge idea, but other than that.

Alchemystudent
Group Contributor

That's my little avengers now with a live read in progress on youtube. live read to be completed on May 20th.

I can be so shameless :pinkiesad2:

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

A Glimmerverse could be a pretty cool concept, and it'd be easy enough to just pull a Raindrops and create a new character out of one of the numerous random background villagers. Although it's balance would be pretty skewed no matter what, since not only is Night Glider the only pegasus, but Double Diamond is also the only earth pony too, while Sugar Belle, Party Favor, and Starlight Glimmer herself are all unicorns.

Can't be any worse than mine in that vocal version of Twilight's Coup that I certainly "never" recorded nor still have hidden on my Youtube. :twilightoops:

Are you interested in improving, at least in art? Because I'll bet I could give you some tips!

As the saying goes: Light a man a fire and he is warm for one night. But light a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life!

...wait.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

4365550 I could have sworn Party Favor was an Earth Pony...drats that kinda puts a kink in the idea. Drats.

Well, not like I wanted to write it myself so maybe someone who isn't OCD about 2 of each tribe can go at it :p

4365544 According to FimFic I read it all already :twilightblush:

Alchemystudent
Group Contributor

Again, I only have the opinion of my family and RK when it comes to my singing. And when it comes to making up beats, I have no idea as I have been lucky (With the sole exception of tears of freaking gaia where the writer decided to play "guess the beat" and I had to come up with my own melodies for each song in that fic) that most of the fics I read have had some built in melodies for me to play karaoke.

As the saying goes: Light a man a fire and he is warm for one night. But light a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life!

I can't resist.

You put a man on fire
You bring the fire in me
I see the St elmo's fire
burning higher and higher!!!

Are you interested in improving, at least in art? Because I'll bet I could give you some tips!

Thanks, maybe one day.

...Have I ever told you guys how awesome you are?

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

Well there's no reason the mane-6 have to be equally split between tribes.

Plus maybe a Glimmerverse might work better if there are no 'good' princesses, Equestria is a republic and all three (four?) princesses are trying to take over individually.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

4365918 There's six elements so 2 of each just seems more balanced. Three unicorns seem to imply they're better than the rest.

Glimmer would be Magic, Party Favor would be Laughter, Double Diamond helped Starlight Glimmer when he found her in the mountains so I guess Kindess but he could also be Loyalty, Sugarbelle could be Generosity and Night Glider seems like an Honesty kind of gal... who else could be thrown in?

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

In general, I'd agree with Fizzy that having a balance with 2 of each tribe is always best. Especially for a Glimmerverse for the "equality" angle, and maybe even take it a step further with a perfect 3/3 split for mares and stallions.

Double Diamond should definitely be loyalty. Sugar Belle might be better for kindness than generosity.

As for the Sixth, that's pretty much entirely up in the air and could pretty much be any other villager.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

4365938 Having a 2/2/2 split would mean cutting out Sugarbelle or Party Favor :applejackunsure: I guess Sugarbelle doesn't really bring much aside from a cute manestyle so Party Favor could stay.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

4365918 Glimmerverse Equestria is a Marxist Utopia :rainbowlaugh:

please keep in mind that just because Sugarbelle isnt an Element doesnt mean she can't be a major character!

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

4365958 That's very true! She could always date one of the stallions or something.

Now to pick random background ponies and invent personality and names! :rainbowwild:

One male Pegasus and one female Earth Pony...

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

But, I want to move onto something I just thought of. Do you know what this says about the two episodes, the characters, and the creatitivty of this fandom that we can actually do all of this?

A lot. IT says that this show has inspired us in so many ways that we can do all of this and people will listen.

I gotta agree with this wholeheartedly. It's a fairly simple premise, the premiere. And look at how many different nuances and permutations it can take! And sometimes, like with my own 'verse, it's mostly the same. The differences are just a bit... farther back. ;)

4361680 The best Dash author on the site is getting into gear? Can we have a "Hell, yeah!"?

And... I wouldn't mind writing in the Dashverse, someday.

Then again I also wanna do sometyhing for the Cadanceverse, the Flipverse, Life in Manehattan, this 'verse and then of course my own Hasbroverse...

Ah seem ta remember a story where the universe kept resettin' to s1e1, with a different cast each time, an' only Derpy could remember it. There was somethin' about a cosmic game, an' Nightmare Moon's side flippin' the table. Ah can't remember what it was called, though.

Well there is AU Mane Six Fix almost fits that description with the exception isn't Celestia is Starlight's mentor, The Elements of Friendship .

Edit.
Spelling error, my bad.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 84