Transformations 5,821 members · 5,266 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30

Here a question for y'all:
How would you react if one day you woke up to find yourself in the body of a pony?
Personally, I'd try my best to stay calm but that would probibally fail miserably and I'd panic like crazy.

I'm a pretty mellow person. The most I'd do is probably obsess over whether or not I'd rather have been a different type than I got.

I would check and make sure I still have a penis.
Because I dont want to be a mare.

Me too, the lack of hands would drive me nuts though.

TwistedSpectrum
Group Contributor

I asked myself this question in the past. If it just happened I would give myself a least 5-10 minutes to just enjoy myself and screw around. Run in circles, roll around, eat lettuce, clop furiously, try standing, chase my tail, etc.

Then, with that out of my system I would actually look seriously upon my situation and try to figure out how it happened, who can I talk to about this, and if / how I could change back if I ever needed to.

Pfft, casual.

A question: Are we in Equestria in the body of a pony, or on Earth in the body of a pony?

The answer to that determines my level of panic, which is very important.

This question is what inspired me to write my fic.

Well that depends: real pony, or FiM pony. Personally, I don't think I'd mind entirely if I woke up transformed into a FiM pony. I mean, yeah, it would be little hard to get used to some things like walking on all fours (and using wings or magic if transformed into a pegasus or unicorn). A real pony on the other hand might be a little much for me; I don't think I'd like that very much. Either way it's a better deal than the one Gregor Samsa got :twilightblush:

920144 Actually, male horses' members are hidden by a sheath, so upon initial investigation, you likely wouldn't see it.

As for how I would react if I woke up as a pony right next morning, I'd probably go, "Well at least it wasn't on a school day."

I already know how I'd adapt to the situation in terms of hand loss. It involves rubber bands and/or watches, along with a few pens. That way I would still be able to type at least.

You're on earth as a pony

A pony from the show

920252 Points for Metamorphosis reference.

Okay. Given the new criteria - which is waking up as a pony from the show, but still on Earth, I'd freak out for a long time.

If I got lucky and became best pony (:twilightsmile:), then I'd have some powerful magic and wings to help me out. Maybe I'd find a way to reverse my situation... or at the very least I'd whip up a good illusion.

But if I didn't, then after sufficiently bemoaning my current state... I'd find a brony.

I'm serious. I'd find someone smart enough and with sufficient knowledge of the show to come up with some long-term solution for explaining and/or justifying my current state.

Boss_Hoss1
Group Contributor

Given that I have random dreams about this, I'd wonder if I was dreaming and just relax for a few minutes. "Man this is the most realistic dream yet. Gonna suck to wake up from this..."
Eventually its going to dawn on me that I am awake... and freeze up very still, worried that I have gone crazy.
As soon as I work out I'm not seeing things, I'm gonna be in fanboy geek mode as I check myself over and see what kind of pony I am and what I can do, and while I'm at it, thank Celestia I live out in the middle of nowhere... :pinkiehappy:

I live in the middle of nowhere too. Maypearl Texas; in the sticks south of Dallas county

I'm a therianthrope, this would just be going from one wrong species to a different wrong species.
My reaction. Wake up, realize something is different, take stock, double check that I'm awake, then check the Internet to see how many others there are.
If I'm the only one then things get tricky and I'd have to think up ways to deal with this based on what I am in that situation.
If there are others, the more there are the easier things get. Call work and tell them I can't make it in because of what happened and then go to the grocery store for bags of apples and carrots. Wait for official word on how things are going to be handled.

Well that's different.

On earth as a magical pony, it would depend on the circumstances. If I was a unicorn with an appropriate talent, I would likely stay hidden and monetize any magic I'm capable of like crazy. Barring that—or just afterwards—I'd probably go for full disclosure. Characters in stories are always afraid of becoming a "lab experiment," but this is the real world we're talking about. There's no end to the opportunities you'd have out in the open, and nobody has to figure out how the plot goes afterwards :trollestia:

And not a character from the Series.

If I'm a unicorn, and can use magic then.

If I'm a Pegasus, and I can fly then

If I'm none of the above, then

Side note: none of these reactions are gender specific.

Ether Echoes
Group Admin

Considering one of my fics relies on this very concept, it would involve a great deal of circumstance.

Let's assume, though, that it's a proper Equestrian pony and I am still here on Earth: after the initial investigation to establish the validity of my senses and transformation I would first A) contact those I know who I believe I can trust absolutely and B) immediately vacate the premises and go to ground. It's hard to say how any government might react to the presence of a real alien amongst us, but it's the sort of thing I would want to approach on my own terms.

So, that would be a very overwhelming mixture of shock, awe, confusion, terror, panic, scientific curiosity, and subsequent deep planning.

Keeping it secret is pretty much a non-starter, I wouldn't have any success if I tried and I don't see much benefit to it in the long run. After the initial convince-myself-it's-real phase and learn-to-walk phase I'd probably call 911 and get myself out in public in as controlled a manner as I can (I don't want to be "discovered" at random, who knows how that would turn out). I'll cooperate with scientific investigation into the transformation and any magical abilities I might have since that'll help calm fears people might have about me and because I'm pretty darned curious about that myself.

I would really hope that I'm not the only one. In the short term, having a bunch of fellow humans-turned-ponies will help reduce the unique freakishness of my situation - not a *lot*, of course, but better than nothing. In the longer term, it'll mean that my new species isn't doomed to extinction in a single generation and there'll be a life and "culture" of my own to look forward to.

On the other hand, hopefully the transformations won't be ongoing or that could lead to rather a bit of panic and bad reactions. Especially once the media digs up the Conversion Bureau fanfics and other similar works.

Clean up my apartment. I'll be having guests over pretty soon.

In no particular order: quietly panic, determine subspecies and gender, check for cutie mark, test headcanons, panic more.

Boss_Hoss1
Group Contributor

920366 Good to know I'm not alone here then. you might enjoy my main story since it was written from a Thereo and Furry viewpoint. :twilightsmile:

Ouch! Good point! TCB writings turning up would definitely spook the Mundanes during an IRL transformation plague... :twilightoops:

921342 On the plus side, the number of subscribers to this FiMFiction group will go through the roof. :)

DDRMASTERM
Group Contributor

I'd find it weird, but probably not freak out right away as a result. Then have some fun with whatever type of pony body it was and then try searching for a way back to normal. I'd probably go insane from being unable to use my electronics after a while though...

If i woke up as a pony? Ofc, if i was a unicorn, wouldnt be such a big deal since i could still use 'magical' hands. There would still be the 'How the hell are my family and friends going to react to this?!?!' freak out though. Not to mention the society as a whole... I would never get used to walking naked in public... :fluttershbad:

Anyway, about the walking on hooves part, yes it would feel weird since it would be new to me (human memories of walking on two legs and feet), but i think my instincts would have been transformed as well so it wouldnt be that much of a big deal. Walking for humans is mostly innate so, my guess would be it is as well for ponies (maybe even more innate then humans lol).

First make sure I'm not dreaming. Second try to pick something up with my hooves. Third check what type of pony/ use their ability. Fourth check cutie mark. Fifth ( assuming that no one saw me up to this point) before my mom sees me call to her and say something happened and laugh when she freaks out. Sixth take picture/ video and post online. Seventh if unicorn/Pegasus learn how to use it. Eighth figure out how to play video games. Ninth have fun with other people's reaction to it. And most importantly tenth clop.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30