Spike Fanfictions 2,965 members · 5,610 stories
Comments ( 39 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 39

here the question do you think spike the dragon is a slave to the main 6 or more of a personal assistant to them ?

in the show...kinda like a slave really

I think a little bit of both actually. While I know he does so much work, especially for Twilight and Rarity, which makes it come off as them as slave drivers, but still there are times he really wants to help. Like in the Power Ponies episode, mostly because he doesn't wanna be left out in all the fun in working together to fix the castle up. Though when he tries to help Applejack because of his dragon code for some reason he's suddenly terrible at helping.

If you work without pay or a promise to go somewhere (indentured servant) then you are indeed a slave and spike doesn’t get paid (as far as I am aware)

Maybe he was considered a slave in the first seasons, but Spike work so much to earn the tittle of Number 1 Assitant, and finally in season 9 he becomes more than that two things, he is considered Twilight Sparkle little brother, and finally in the last problem, we see him as the royal advisor and friendship ambassador

I lean more towards personal assistant. But he's acting as a national hero cooking for Twilight for my headcanon in is that the last time Twilight tried to cook it created a monster that tried to destroy the Castle.

I see your point

Yes.

Joking aside, this is an artifact of the writing being so focused on the female characters. In the right episodes you can see that he is a cherished friend and often a north for them. It's obvious that the intention isn't to demean Spike and when that happens it's because someone thought that their cool idea was worth it. And that is how he got turned to a dog...

ok I see were you are going with it
that is why I was ask this

Great point
he did do that in the end

it not a joke l get what to know what other people thought of it
Because to me l alway those of spike as part a main cast and not get a sidekick he was there for the beginning of the story and he was there to see the story end

From my point of view spike is both he is treated like a slave sometimes but other times he is an assistant but it depends on how you look at it

I made a joke saying that he is both. My point is that he is intended as a good friend.
Please read what I said again.

sorry metempsychosis
some time I read a Little to fast and than l type out a reply than l reread the post again and understand what people are saying
that was by bad sorry
also
l 100% agreed with you on your point

I like that
that is a good point

Hey, no need for an excuse. I do that too!:rainbowlaugh:

thank you
l get don't what to be one of those people who get post stuff and not reply to people back

He a slave but he not aware he a slave, he was indoctrinated from birth to be twilight servant by celestia, I dont think spike or twlight ever realised that was how good a job celestia did, its sad twlight raised him his entire life never really saw him as family

Also it showed in several episodes that spike has deep fears of being abandon like it the ep where he get his wings

Why did this have to show up in my feed? No offence BTW.

I've just never liked this Spike is a slave mentality, and it's so common with Spike stories as well.

In my opinion, It goes completely against what the chemistry is between Spike and Twilight.

Yeah, maybe the old seasons had a feeling of it being so. Spike's episodes were more just playing jokes with his character, the episode with AJ, he destroys everything he touches. Episodes later he shows he can cook really well, cleaning is magnificent, his spelling and writing is perfect. Only once in the whole show, he has trouble spelling a word, and that was the first episode. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me, please.

And he's best friends with the other Girls. Also, he's pretty much an Assistant/Friend/Son/Brother to Twilight, they are always joking with each other, looking out for each other, and they express their love for each other through body language and hugs. Yeah, Twilight never said she loved him back, but her actions spoke more than words.

I'll never see, Spike as a slave or Twilight as a slave driver, same goes for the others. They are a family.

I always thought that Spike being a "slave" was a bit excessive (when I think "slaves", I think of people being forced to do things against their will for their master with little to nothing in return, which doesn't apply to Spike: at least he gets stuff from Twilight). So I feel it was closer to a personal assistant than a slave. There's also the fact that while Spike does do a lot to the point where you might wonder if he's a slave, but he wants to do it. When Twilight even wanted to ease his workload by getting Owlowiscious, Spike took it the wrong way and got jealous -- not the type of reaction a slave would have.

I see them more like a family, although I personally would have preferred if Twilight actually told Spike she loved him at least once. She doesn't seem like the type that doesn't like showing affection that way, and she told Flurry Heart she loved her. Maybe it was the writers using "show, don't tell" with Twilight only non-verbally showing she loved Spike and that she thought of him as her little brother or something...which appeared to have had somewhat mixed results with the fandom.

Personal assistant 75% of the time in the show, 25% personal slave.

Sigh, the “Spike is a slave” meme is one of the silliest fannons that people have come up with—second only to “homeless Scootaloo”. Look, I'm as annoyed as anyone by how shabbily the show treats Spike sometimes but he's not a slave. Slavery is involuntary. Dragon Quest and Spike At Your Service both showed that Spike can pack up and leave anytime he wants.

it because of bad writing and the writer forgetting about spike 85% of the time, and when they do they forget he meant to be family with twilight, in Once Upon a Zeppelin she leave him to do her paperwork while she goes on a cruise with her family, molt down spike genuinely believes twilight will kick him out because of what Smolder says, it give the impression he got abandonment issues since if he saw her as family he never believe she kick him out, it just little thing like that have built up the spike a slave meme

Is Sweetie Belle a slave to Rarity, or her personal assistant?

The answer is: she's Rarity's little sister. So sometimes Rarity takes her for granted, but they still are sisters and they love each other.

Spike is Twilight's little brother. That's been implicit from the first season and was made explicit in the final one. Yes, sometimes Twilight takes him for granted as older siblings will do (plus: dork super-focus powers!) but they're siblings and they love each other.

ok l see what you are saying
can l ask a question to you
do you think if spike was not give to twilight would twilight life and his life be different?

100% agreed
so why is it so popular in Spike story these days ?

I am with you on this

good point

a good example of this is in the fan story called finding friendship by Karman zero
chapter 26 in the story l think it really late to her and spike like you are saying

it because of bad writing and the writer forgetting about spike 85% of the time, and when they do they forget he meant to be family with twilight

I agree with you on this

in Once Upon a Zeppelin to me it show that Twilight trust spike more than anyone to do the job right
and to why spike was in the episode I myself think that in iron will told Twilight mom and dad that Twilight and here sister in law had to come or they would not Win the trip get because how the episode plays out

and in moit down l see were spike was come form after what happened on his birthday his fear grow in side of him
the fear of being abandoned is the worst fear to have both in fiction and in the real world

Great point

.... I see Twilight uses Spike as a bait to Winterzilla :rainbowderp:

And it shows that how bad it is (Dragon Quest is good though) :rainbowlaugh: People hate "Spike at your service" a lot you know?

so why is it so popular in Spike story these days ?

I don't think it is. There's always been a contingent of Spike fans, and Spike haters, who pushed the slave narrative but I haven't noticed more of them recently.

Oh, I know. I'm one of them.

They sure did not think things through when they thought it was funny to have Spike be a dog instead of human there..

yes I agreed

me l would have like to see the human twilight have a Little brother name Spike and one day she find a dog on the street and she adopted it and name it after her baby brother.

Assistant to twilight and rarity but little brother slave to the others. How by that I mean he like a little brother and the main are basically older siblings that just have him do stuff. Nothing mean spirited or anything. Thing can get out of hand but this is amgical land and a cartoon show. Thing tend to go over the type for jokes, entertainment and just cause.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 39